Pages:
Author

Topic: Regulations or Anonymity - page 8. (Read 1051 times)

copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
CryptoMarketAds
January 23, 2019, 10:23:27 PM
It is just good to leave both available. Because most of the users wants full anonymity on their transactions while others wants to be regulated to filter out scam coins and other scam services.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
January 23, 2019, 05:10:26 AM
I think regulation and anonymity have to work together for the better future of cryptocurrency.
If there is no regulation, then we are at risk facing scam and fraudulent offers. If there is no anonymity, then we lose transparency and financial freedom.

Take the Gigzi ico project for wealth management, for a sample .. it has a regulated treasury and localised banks for crypto to fiat or gold storage. Plus an anonymous crypto wallet for security.. This is good to answer both regulation and anonymity.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 02:48:31 AM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?
I think fraud will be in any case. Just adoption makes the market stable and virtually completely profitable, anonymity leaves a lot of old and exposes new market problems.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
January 22, 2019, 11:44:10 PM
we only need regulation at icos and not at crypto in general. in my option a complete regulation of crypto could have a negative impact on the market and nobody wants that.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
January 22, 2019, 11:09:03 PM
Regulations are made to be more orderly, but the fraudster remains and seems difficult to eliminate. Anonymity also needs to be able to protect what we want, but fraud continues, all of this has risks and is full of intrigue. Regulation and anonymity provide an opportunity to be able to accept the risks that occur but cannot eliminate them, but regulations can minimize fraud.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
January 22, 2019, 10:45:56 PM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.

it can be both i believe. because some crypto really needs to have regulation in able to perform safe and secure. While on the other hand, anonimity of a crypto or token can perform good as well because of being able to transfer money without any entity tracking what you are buying or selling which is the main goal of crypto since the start imo.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
January 22, 2019, 10:23:32 PM
Seeing the current state of regulation is indeed very necessary, but not with KYC regulation because the interesting idea of the krypto currency is privacy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
January 22, 2019, 10:12:27 PM
In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
KYC doesn't guaranteed that you will not be scam because it is being used now to collect information and scam people so technically this won't help much. Regulations is important, but it must be clear so everyone can know their rights. Government regulations will make things better but there's still no guaranteed for security since everything is accessible from the hackers.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 22, 2019, 10:11:56 PM
Regulation to remove the anonymity and the regulators can monitor the crypto market. But this time it's already happened through various centralized exchange site which give responsibility to the users to complete the identity verification.
It really happens today, regulators are starting to involve themselves in crypto market.

Why? there's a big money that awaits for the gov't once they understand that it's not just a simple market or another payment method. There's a big market cap that lies to crypto so they just can't ignore that fact. But most crypto folks wanted anonymity.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
January 22, 2019, 10:08:42 PM

In my opinion:
I think regulation should be applied for the developer who are creating a project, that is to avoid people making any scam project that getting more common in the past months. Hopefully with that regulation, the potential of any scam project will be minimized.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
January 22, 2019, 09:40:57 PM
Thoughts that are very much in regulation today, but it must be remembered that cryptocurrencies were created anonymously, so in my opinion it is necessary to leave anonymity online.
If anonymity can still be carried on then it could be much better but it depends the current situations, but I must preferrably go with regulations because this could lessen many scams or totally eliminate scams which ever could take effect, it is very important if there is really regulations for the good of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
January 22, 2019, 06:14:28 PM
Well, I don't think anonymity will remain in Blockchain technology because it promotes transparency of transactions but some of the so-called "millionaires" were really afraid to expose their true identity because of security reason while some of them avoid taxes and to be traced if they are doing something that is illegal. While regulating the Blockchain or cryptocurrency will somehow protect us from fraudulent projects and scammers. Illegal activities will also be stopped and processes will also be regulated. But this will surely affect us when taxes were imposed on our profits and earnings.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
January 22, 2019, 06:13:28 PM
For some cases, regulations is badly needed just to give a bit of security and assurance that if any thing happens, there will be someone to catch with. This is just a tool to protect the overall situation of the system from illegal activities. Example in ICO, regulations should be done to protect investors from scam. For some, anonymity is also needed to preserved the decentralization characteristics of cryptocurrency.

Activity: 191
Merit: 12
January 22, 2019, 05:48:37 PM
I think the blockchain should remain anonymous. And decentralized. Otherwise, the idea is lost.
KYC should be carried out just for project organizers. Then the scam will be impossible since the scammers can be found and punished according to the law.

Yep, I agree with you on all the above
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 22, 2019, 05:22:22 PM
Honestly anonymity is meaning more rather regulation for me. States should apply strict rules to centralized exchanges based on same origin but crossing red line is unacceptable for me.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 22, 2019, 05:19:54 PM
I think that these two words are not connected. I think that there is nothing bad in regulations. You're right, it should reduce the % of scam projects. But blockchain became popular for it's anonymity. It was a great advantage. As for me, between these sides I'll choose Anonymity.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 22, 2019, 05:07:46 PM

In my opinion:
If you want everyone to go through KYC then why use cryptocurrencies in the first place? Use fiat and be happy with it, cryptocurrencies are a new way to understand money so you cannot expect to apply all the regulations of fiat in this market and somehow make it work, if you want the number of scams to go down then we need to begin by avoiding being scammed ourselves and that is relatively easy since you only need to use your common sense and avoid greed taking control of your decisions.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
January 22, 2019, 05:02:59 PM

In my opinion:
But most of the people who accepted cryptocurrencies in the early days are just because of its anonymity so making points based on the anonymous is more better to be a cryptocurrency than a regulated one.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
January 22, 2019, 04:23:25 PM
I have seen so many scam projects that stole the identity of participants. I then sometimes wonder why this happens. Perhaps they will be selling to identities out.
I would prefer decentralization and based on my observation, decentralization has been the attractive force of investors to the space.
Identity is an integral part of one's life, which needs to be protected.
This is more reason I prefer decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 22, 2019, 04:20:46 PM
Honestly speaking, many people would've loved the anonymity aspects but we shouldn't also forget that the governments run everything in relations to human affairs and so we won't get pass them very easy and conveniently. So in my opinion, I think regulations are surely gonna come in.
Pages:
Jump to: