Pages:
Author

Topic: Regulations or Anonymity - page 5. (Read 1051 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 10
February 19, 2019, 11:20:31 AM
All you need is to protect your users from fraud with all your might. And what is needed for this is what should be chosen. Anonymous in this century to be unreal.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 19, 2019, 11:18:49 AM
I disagree that full kyc will eliminate scams.
 Many desperate scammers will still get KYCed... They will pay to have fake documents while those who dont believe in kyc and dont want to break the law will be leave
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
February 19, 2019, 11:13:55 AM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?
What i wanted would be, Regulation should be applied on any new created project to protect everyone from being scammed. And for the investors/coin holder, just keep them in an Anonym parts of this crypto world.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
February 19, 2019, 11:10:24 AM
I wish crypto were anonymous , because it is one of the few places where we are not controlled by the government. Of course, there are many scammers here, but KYC is not a panacea, and I am also convinced that with the help of smart contracts you can create an exchange / trade system where fraud will not be possible.
Activity: 224
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 19, 2019, 10:46:22 AM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.

No, I don't agree with your opinion, blockchain is basically public and eveything all is public. If it is designed again and become to be private, it will be not blockchain anymore
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
www.codex.one
February 19, 2019, 09:20:15 AM

In my opinion:

Basically, bitcoin, which is considered as the best crypto ever works with anonymity. Particularly, when it was launched 10 years ago, And because of that, we have no reason to not choose being anonymous.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
February 19, 2019, 09:06:18 AM
KYC also does not solve all the problems, and in the case of fraudulent projects, quite the contrary, they create problems of distrust!
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 18, 2019, 10:45:13 PM
It is possible for both anonymity and regulations to exist side by side going forward in the crypto world
Anonymity is one of the fundamental ideals of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and taking that away all supporting it in any means will not only render the blockchain technology useless but also mean that people will be less likely to adopt cryptocurrencies.

Regulations on the other hand is equally as important because this will protect the newbies in the crypto space from avoidable scams.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 30, 2019, 12:13:17 PM
Even if it is fully regulated, scammer would still think of ways to exploit the system, I think we shouldn't go for regulation because people are getting wiser and know to stay away from scams.
Regulations may seem to be targeted at scammers but most of the time that is not the case, regulations are aimed against the average person, just look at the fact that now you are required to pass KYC before investing in most icos, the developers of the icos can still create their projects without revealing their identities but now an investor not only needs to give them their money but access to private information that is arguably even more valuable, those regulations were obviously created not to stop scammers but to find out who is holding a fortune in cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
January 27, 2019, 02:28:20 AM
actually these two aren't really connected to each other and they are not two opposite sides! and the funnier part is that most people who debate these things are not exactly debating over these two topics. for example a lot of those who are talking about regulations are are for it, are like that because they think regulations will shoot up the price or eliminate scams not knowing that regulation doesn't do either one of these things! and those who are against it are like that because they think if some exchange was regulated then their anonymity is at risk! whereas it is not true at all. they already don't have any anonymity when they  use a centralized exchange whether it is regulated or not.
This is true, however sad it sounds. It's a misconception on the part of the debaters. But I think the part of regulation that is needed (and compulsorily too) is the ICOs, not the cryptos themselves. Regulation in ICOs will help eliminate scam projects.
Activity: 450
Merit: 101
January 27, 2019, 02:05:27 AM
I am sure that the regulation of cryptocurrency will give impetus to further price growth. And for anonymous use there will always be a couple of projects created specifically for this purpose.
copper member
Activity: 593
January 27, 2019, 01:48:08 AM
In my opinion:

I agree with your opinion with KYC to reduce the impact of fraud, but all can be manipulated by borrowing identity to do KYC which is a very complicated problem.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
January 26, 2019, 10:39:04 PM
In order to prevent scam and possible to filter out only the good project in the ico, then I really choose regulation over anonymity. Because what is the sense of anonymity if almost all of the project are scam already. We want to make a change especially this newly opened month of the year.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
January 26, 2019, 12:48:00 PM
I prefer anonymity. crypto can be this big because one of the reasons is anonymous. if this is removed then what's the difference with the mainstream financial industry. regulation may be good but this is not too important, try to recall a few years when crypto was first introduced, is there regulation? and is there no crypto regulation destroyed? no, because crypto doesn't need regulation to survive here.
Activity: 311
January 26, 2019, 12:37:52 PM
Crypto currencies were created to avoid any third party and to make anonymous transactions. I believe we should stay where we are now and do not let governments or any other third parties to regulate our industry.
copper member
Activity: 224
January 26, 2019, 12:26:48 PM
I think we need to find a way to regulate ICOs, because it is getting pretty strange. There are so much fraud projects at the moment and because of them, people are afraid to invest in any project.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 26, 2019, 12:08:37 PM

In my opinion:
It defends on the situation The Government regulation including full KYC must inforce to the people who implementing any form of crowdfunding activities like ICO's,ITO, etc. to have a criminal liability in case of any untowards incidents such as exit scams and other form of scams after a succesfull crowdfunding campaign! The one ultimate reason and purposed is to protect the investors funds. While on the other sides about Anonimity my opinion is if you are a private investors or trader you can hide your real identity to protect yourself from any threats of being targeted by criminals etc. These part the Anonimity is very useful.
Activity: 212
Merit: 1
January 26, 2019, 11:34:16 AM
On the one hand, anonymity is good, but on the other hand, sometimes it is expensive to pay for it. The risk of fraud is very high, another point that I think is counted not in favor of the anonymity is that some people do dirty things like the drug and arms trade with the help of the blockchain. I basically have nothing to hide, I am ready to sacrifice anonymity for the sake of greater security.
Activity: 32
January 26, 2019, 11:33:15 AM
This is a rather slippery topic. Adjustment is needed for stability. And anonymity for their respective cases. There will always be opponents of this or that. The bottom line is that if you want a crypt in everyday life, you will have to give it some adjustment.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
January 26, 2019, 11:28:15 AM

People who want regulation, are the same people who are only concerned with money, valuations and things like that! People who like cryptography, care little about price or any speculative move because they know that people who want regulation, will be after these cryptos later! Be careful with people who want regulation! The essence of encryption is it! No government, no intermediaries and so on.

something along the way is making it dimmer though because as a whole we also want adoption which may not happen if there will be no intermediaries in the middle that will regulate. the investors also needs protection from scams. anonymity and regulations will not go well together but if you want anonymity, there are coins for it. that is the right path if that is what you want. you can always avoid KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: