Pages:
Author

Topic: [RELEASED]BitMoney.i2p - Centralized|Const solo POW|Unlimited supply|Instant tx - page 5. (Read 14263 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
When will code be made available?

That's my first target now, github acc already registered. So it will be published as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
When will code be made available?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Market maker will be back soon.

By the way we have interesting discussions on our forum, join http://bitmoney.i2p.xyz/forum/index.php
legendary
Activity: 1232
I have several words to add.

It may seems that in this way BitMoney and investments are incompatible, but it's no so.
The thing is that good investments may be done not in BitMoney, but with BitMoney. Perhaps we'll see an example in not very far future.

The currency is not for buy and hold strategy of course (this strategy may be useful only if BTM is oversold in a moment). But it's no reason to make one more currency with the same properties like complexity growth. Our goals are deeper and we hope that BitMoney users will find a way to use it with benefits in many areas.
thanks for clearing this up, i had trouble understanding the concept but now its a lot clearer.
legendary
I have several words to add.

It may seems that in this way BitMoney and investments are incompatible, but it's no so.
The thing is that good investments may be done not in BitMoney, but with BitMoney. Perhaps we'll see an example in not very far future.

The currency is not for buy and hold strategy of course (this strategy may be useful only if BTM is oversold in a moment). But it's no reason to make one more currency with the same properties like complexity growth. Our goals are deeper and we hope that BitMoney users will find a way to use it with benefits in many areas.
hi devs, i have few open questions regarding project design. Thank you for answering and take your time Smiley

here: http://sd7asgdgnicjyj6lkaavux77u4vyvhv62pm3dfmluoc4xuivxb4a.b32.i2p.xyz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27

EDIT: for the record, you can post your answers here also.

I think questions and answers deserve to be copied here too.

unlimited supply?

hi devs

i have few open questions regarding current Project design to discuss:
1. What i don't understand is how can unlimited supply be beneficial for this Project to succeed?
*my thoughts: From economical perspective if demand does not meet the offer than the value is doomed to go down, so basicly i will be able to mine the same amount of coins with my pc now and in 10 years from now independent of actual value, demand, interest and independent of how many Hashing power mine at the time. Now exactly opposite makes the Bitcoin so valuable, the more people want's to mine/generate Bitcoin the more difficult it gets to mine/Generate one Bitcoin and thats whats magic is all about. So if you would design algo that way that as more miners compete (bigger Hasrate) than make it more difficult to generate. That way i wouldn't see unlimited supply as a Problem as of my computer that generates approx 1500 BTM/day today would generate 1 BTM/day when thing gets popular and a lot more of people would mine it. It would mean no hyperinflation, fair distribution among miners, and increasing in value.
2. If current design does not change, what incentive does the miner have to keep Producing fresh BTM Unlimited? if the value minimizes that is..

3. Centralized? What happens if your Servers gets hacked or disabled? Whole structure collapses?
let say for example one day BitMoney gets very very popular  and a lot of Services depends on his Infrastructure, what happens if Servers that runs this Payment System gets Hacked, Stolen, Manipulated, Taken Down, Disabled? Would that mean all those Services depending on this Payment system would Stop working?
4. Are you guys trying to make Visa/Bank Kind of payment System? If yes how can it compete, what are pros?

Maybe i am totally wrong and missed some important puzzle parts, that's why i wanted to open this thread to have right Perspective.
Thanks for your answers.
cheers & sry for bad english.

1. Unlimited supply doesn't mean it's free to mine. You spend your electricity and CPU time, it has price. So there is some production cost. Some guys probably has "free" electricity and computers on work or embedded miners in rootkits but it still has some price, smaller than for fair VPS rent but not 0. So when exchange rate crosses that line, some part of the miners drop off eventually. That's how equilibrium price will be found.

Bitcoin has complexity changes for block\hour rate adjustment at first, that's the nature of mine there. Hence BTC, imho, doesn't have manufacturing cost in general (and we still can see it as price *2 in weeks). And i consider deflation as a problem too, money supply should follow economy growth.

We thought to increase complexity a little every month, to make it HYPE a little. It would involve additional people. But as our goal is some real world usage and stability is good there we didn't implement the feature.

2. And you answered 1st question. They will stop at some point if there will be no demand from economy behind.

3. Yes. We'll try to build failover infrastructure but it's still vulnerable in comparison to decentralized systems. So use with cautious.

4. In many ways, let's say there will be opportunities just not possible in VISA. And it's not about criminal.

One note. Please calc not just risks but profit/risk ratio too. We can compete in this area.

P.S. As i can understand you english is not a problem at all. I'm not a native speaker too.
legendary
hi devs, i have few open questions regarding project design. Thank you for answering and take your time Smiley

here: http://sd7asgdgnicjyj6lkaavux77u4vyvhv62pm3dfmluoc4xuivxb4a.b32.i2p.xyz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27
i have few tokens for anyone interested to register and maybe post a thing or two, now you can register for FREE  Cool

Code:
3_62+ACMulcchyFOOkCAXR97XqsHSQyWsP4HMxlO57UBs=
3_YPvH7hniKeyHbdtXkEKuWQQjsP4fuzQZ1jsi8IQjqvQ=
3_+ICzlYSMiKxb3mE4lLBdaAsDygdqq1+M1CWGYBXtQ5I=
3_jJbJ9HNa6SNX8qwFVaumhKuRfmJ3J8mFV9QmXg7qxSo=
3_HbpmYSKjmb+PpNOreg+XPcrduh+Wo3h9mZa5KxZqWMQ=
3_CfPS8oOfeSyqEGLnV/lhfibixN4RPAQNr+uGEiJ3LRg=
legendary

EDIT: for the record, you can post your answers here also.
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
You have btm and want btc.
Exchange works like:
You want to buy btc.
Choose buy.
Now say how many btm you will sell to buy 100k Satoshi.

That is how it works.
For example green 1    665 means that somebody pay 100k Satoshi and gets 665 btm. The order will then disappear. Would it be 2   665, the market would show 1   665 after that buy.
hi there raetsch, i just send you pm, please check

sry, caught me sleeping Wink
legendary
i would like to support this project and if understood correctly next step is testing BitMoney payments integration into online stores. For this cause i would like to add 2x 2000BTM to the pot making total of 2x 8000BTM for first two integration examples. and in my spare time i will contact few service providers that accept bitcoin and maybe i get lucky and get someone on board.  Wink
cheers

Thank you for great support.
We have just finished brainstorm, and it seems like we have an interesting idea for better promotion.
Hope to discuss it soon.
looking forward, keep up the good work.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
Exchange works like:
You want to buy btc.
Choose buy.

That is how it works.
For example green 1    665 means that somebody pay 100k Satoshi and gets 665 btm. The order will then disappear. Would it be 2   665, the market would show 1   665 after that buy.
all I figured out
thank you
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Exchange works like:
You want to buy btc.
Choose buy.

That is how it works.
For example green 1    665 means that somebody pay 100k Satoshi and gets 665 btm. The order will then disappear. Would it be 2   665, the market would show 1   665 after that buy.
hi there raetsch, i just send you pm, please check
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
Exchange works like:
You want to buy btc.
Choose buy.

That is how it works.
legendary

it is not clear!
at what price I sell?
at what price people are buying?
how is it to work with this exchange?
make video then,for the gifted ))
i would like to support this project and if understood correctly next step is testing BitMoney payments integration into online stores. For this cause i would like to add 2x 2000BTM to the pot making total of 2x 8000BTM for first two integration examples. and in my spare time i will contact few service providers that accept bitcoin and maybe i get lucky and get someone on board.  Wink
cheers

Thank you for great support.
We have just finished brainstorm, and it seems like we have an interesting idea for better promotion.
Hope to discuss it soon.
what's wrong?
I want to make a sell order for BTM 1000 /10000 sat each for example

You need BTC to sell, so choose "buy" (looking in DOM, seems like you have already understood).
legendary

what's wrong?
I want to make a sell order for BTM 1000 /10000 sat each for example
cheers

Thank you very much! Yes we need some integration feedback. Not only stores but any self regulation systems, spam protection etc, money is a very powerful tool to solve this tasks. That's the way for you guys to get profit, not only for us. In my opinion we have more friendly API and payment notification system than BitCoin so it's easy to start.
legendary
cheers
Pages:
Jump to: