Pages:
Author

Topic: religion - page 7. (Read 4415 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
June 20, 2016, 04:35:34 PM
The Unanswered Mystery of 7,000-year-old Ubaid Lizardmen

However, there is an archaeological discovery at the Al Ubaid archaeological site, where many pre-Sumerian 7,000-year-old artefacts were found, depicting humanoid figures with lizard characteristics.

The Ubaidian culture is a prehistoric culture in Mesopotamia that dates between 4000 and 5500 BC. As with the Sumerians, the origins of the Ubaidian people is unknown. They lived in large village settlements in mud-brick houses and they had developed architecture, agriculture and farmed the land using irrigation. The domestic architectureincluded large T-shaped houses, open courtyards, paved streets, as well as food processing equipment. Some of these villages began to develop into towns, temples began to appear, as well as monumental buildings such as in Eridu, Ur and Uruk, the major sites of the Sumerian Civilization.  According to the Sumerian texts, Ur was believed to be the first city.

The main site where the unusual artefacts were discovered is called Tell Al'Ubaid – although figurines were also found in Ur and Eridu. The Al'Ubaid site is a small mound of about half a kilometre in diametre and two meters above ground. The site was first excavated by Harry Reginald Hal in 1919. Male and female figurines were found in different postures and in most of the figurines, they appear to be wearing a helmet and have some kind of padding on the shoulders. Other figurines were found to hold a staff or sceptre, possibly as a symbol of justice and ruling. Each figurine has a different pose but the strangest of all is that some female figurines hold babies suckling milk, with the child also represented as a lizard-type creature.

Read more at http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/unanswered-mystery-7000-year-old-ubaid-lizardmen-001116?nopaging=1.

I cannot take a source seriously when it has multiple spelling errors... that is so unprofessional it shows how bad of a source it is

Who fails to use spellcheck in 2016?!?

You have gone off the deep-end dude

You went from religitard to full blown conspiracy theory nutjob
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
June 20, 2016, 04:30:35 PM
As Henry Ford said, religion is bunk.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 20, 2016, 04:05:04 PM
The Unanswered Mystery of 7,000-year-old Ubaid Lizardmen

However, there is an archaeological discovery at the Al Ubaid archaeological site, where many pre-Sumerian 7,000-year-old artefacts were found, depicting humanoid figures with lizard characteristics.

The Ubaidian culture is a prehistoric culture in Mesopotamia that dates between 4000 and 5500 BC. As with the Sumerians, the origins of the Ubaidian people is unknown. They lived in large village settlements in mud-brick houses and they had developed architecture, agriculture and farmed the land using irrigation. The domestic architectureincluded large T-shaped houses, open courtyards, paved streets, as well as food processing equipment. Some of these villages began to develop into towns, temples began to appear, as well as monumental buildings such as in Eridu, Ur and Uruk, the major sites of the Sumerian Civilization.  According to the Sumerian texts, Ur was believed to be the first city.

The main site where the unusual artefacts were discovered is called Tell Al'Ubaid – although figurines were also found in Ur and Eridu. The Al'Ubaid site is a small mound of about half a kilometre in diametre and two meters above ground. The site was first excavated by Harry Reginald Hal in 1919. Male and female figurines were found in different postures and in most of the figurines, they appear to be wearing a helmet and have some kind of padding on the shoulders. Other figurines were found to hold a staff or sceptre, possibly as a symbol of justice and ruling. Each figurine has a different pose but the strangest of all is that some female figurines hold babies suckling milk, with the child also represented as a lizard-type creature.

Read more at http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/unanswered-mystery-7000-year-old-ubaid-lizardmen-001116?nopaging=1.

Cool
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 20, 2016, 03:49:44 PM
i agree. the fear of death and the unknown is what fuels these beliefs. people need to believe in something greater than themselves. they need hope that they will live on and see their loved ones again. to think that their life has no purpose is too much for them to accept. it's much more comforting to believe in what makes you feel good.

More than thinking about seeing loved ones it focused on another life and infinity. People like to think about this infinite and excellent heaven full of joy.. knowing that youll vanish, burn to your ashes, no soul will fly thru sky bla bla( soo fucking romantic actually:D) is so hard to accept. We as humans cant accept the end of living form as a body or soul.. this is where archaic fears are born.
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 20, 2016, 03:22:14 PM
Religion was created to control people in a time where no rules were set, it served its purpose and it did it well. Giving people something to fear more than man himself meant they would be more likely to follow rules set by someone in authority. Jump forward a few thousand years and we have rules built of these religions and even without the fear of burning in a pit for eternity we can stick to them pretty well. Religion is no longer needed other than for those who need comfort because of insecurities of what may or may not happen. Slowly people will waken and realise that they no longer have a need for a god or gods, how long this will take though? who knows.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
June 20, 2016, 03:07:42 PM
Unicorn shit is real... Unicorns, I am not sure... Roll Eyes
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
June 20, 2016, 12:04:13 PM
people are religion minded beings.
As of right now, this statement holds true and encompasses every human on earth.
every human on earth huh? do you know every human on earth? are you inside the mind of every human on earth? if you say many human beings are religion minded i would agree with you. but you both cross the line from being correct to over exaggerating. you do not speak for every human on earth. if you want to be taken seriously choose your words more carefully.

I couldn't be more careful when choosing my words. I do not use words lightly.
From your response it would seem that you misunderstood my comment (or perhaps I was not clear enough in which case I apologize) as a matter of fact my edit was meant to clarify just that, my use of the phrase "every human on earth".

Here, I mean "religion" as in "school of thought", basically any system of belief. I specifically mentioned the supreme being/God simply because it is central to the single most powerful belief system known to man.

The essence of religion is thought and thought encompasses every human on earth.
Perhaps now you can better understand my comment.

Like the other 2 previously stated... you are wrong... simply wrong

You are projecting

For some reason, you seem to think that whatever you believe, everyone else believes also... this is a fallacy

Not everyone believes in religion, or a god...

I do not believe in anything that does not have solid evidence to support it... this includes but is not limited to, religion, gods, ghosts, unicorns, aliens, bigfoot, jesus, satan, leprechauns, angels, demons, santa claus and the tooth fairy

I do not believe in any of these things because there is no evidence for any of them
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
June 20, 2016, 10:20:51 AM
i think Religion was just a poison for a persons mind , they are just getting those people brainwashed they are not educating people by using the word of god but instead they are just ruling those people and the people are like being fooled i dont believe in religion i am just believing to god .

And the religion of not following God and believing in Him, is religion of the worst kind.

Cool

Once again, atheism is not a religion.

Just like silence is not music, or not playing a sport is sport.
legendary
Activity: 1148
June 20, 2016, 11:29:18 AM
As of right now, this statement holds true and encompasses every human on earth.
every human on earth huh? do you know every human on earth? are you inside the mind of every human on earth? if you say many human beings are religion minded i would agree with you. but you both cross the line from being correct to over exaggerating. you do not speak for every human on earth. if you want to be taken seriously choose your words more carefully.

I couldn't be more careful when choosing my words. I do not use words lightly.
From your response it would seem that you misunderstood my comment (or perhaps I was not clear enough in which case I apologize) as a matter of fact my edit was meant to clarify just that, my use of the phrase "every human on earth".

Here, I mean "religion" as in "school of thought", basically any system of belief. I specifically mentioned the supreme being/God simply because it is central to the single most powerful belief system known to man.

The essence of religion is thought and thought encompasses every human on earth.
Perhaps now you can better understand my comment.
Activity: 154
June 20, 2016, 10:30:06 AM

Please, no religion, ban religions, stop hatred, no wars, no fight, no races

I agree that religion should vanish to reduce hatred in the world. But I dont think wars will end even religion vanished. The cause of war is not only religion it is also the government and the oppression to people.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 20, 2016, 10:05:40 AM
i think Religion was just a poison for a persons mind , they are just getting those people brainwashed they are not educating people by using the word of god but instead they are just ruling those people and the people are like being fooled i dont believe in religion i am just believing to god .

And the religion of not following God and believing in Him, is religion of the worst kind.

Cool
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
June 20, 2016, 09:27:20 AM
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
June 20, 2016, 09:19:38 AM
i agree. the fear of death and the unknown is what fuels these beliefs. people need to believe in something greater than themselves. they need hope that they will live on and see their loved ones again. to think that their life has no purpose is too much for them to accept. it's much more comforting to believe in what makes you feel good.
Activity: 238
June 20, 2016, 09:15:09 AM
In the root of all religions(any of them) is the archaic fear.. Same story is told with different languages in different periods of time since the beginning.  Not really surprising! Its up to us to keep up with it or reject it. We are not religious from birth or religious minded bla bla bla...THe only fact is that archaic fear causing us to fill the blanks. Read some history of humanity sources, it goes long before judaism, christianity or islam.
legendary
June 20, 2016, 08:38:04 AM
Don't worry about lunatics.  You are perfectly rational.

Religious people are insane.
well thank you sir, i am not accustom to having people back me up online. it feels good.   Grin

np. take care.

Here is what these people really think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUSzaKrxD8

legendary
June 20, 2016, 07:26:58 AM
Yea we get it, you're special. Now get off your high horse
i don't think i'm special. what makes you think i'm on a high horse? i don't even own a horse.

I asked them to ask their daddy in the sky to post a message here and sign it with my bitcoin private keys  Grin

Guess what?  He did not.  Because he does not exist!!!!  Look surprised.... Grin
legendary
June 20, 2016, 07:37:10 AM

well thank you sir, i am not accustom to having people back me up online. it feels good.   Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
June 20, 2016, 06:29:32 AM
i don't think i'm special. what makes you think i'm on a high horse? i don't even own a horse.

That's sad contrary to men of religions, horses never betrayed. And you can let a child with an horse worry free.
Horses need only clean grass and water, and lot of love...
legendary
June 20, 2016, 06:24:18 AM
Activity: 149
June 20, 2016, 06:22:17 AM
every human on earth huh? do you know every human on earth? are you inside the mind of every human on earth? if you say many human beings are religion minded i would agree with you. but you both cross the line from being correct to over exaggerating. you do you speak for every human on earth. if you want to be taken seriously choose your words more carefully.

Pages:
Jump to: