Pages:
Author

Topic: repair a T9 + after a bad firmware (lost chain) - page 4. (Read 22682 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 2
for the error:

"Boot, Secure and General Segments" "You are trying to change your boot.

simply follow the instructions: D then activate "advanced setting", then go to "setting" then in the "secure segment" tab choose "Boot, Secure and General Segments"

For the problem: Too much current has been drawn on VDD. Please disconnect your circuit and check the CLK and DATA lines for shorts and then reconnect. I also had the problem, maybe a procedural error, try to disconnect and reconnect ... it worked for me.

Thanks! will try that out.. how about the hex problem? Your HEX works but the stock HEX will cause this error all the time...instead of opening each miner to program the HEX, how do I program via the PIC? (if possible)
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
for the error:

"Boot, Secure and General Segments" "You are trying to change your boot.

simply follow the instructions: D then activate "advanced setting", then go to "setting" then in the "secure segment" tab choose "Boot, Secure and General Segments"

For the problem: Too much current has been drawn on VDD. Please disconnect your circuit and check the CLK and DATA lines for shorts and then reconnect. I also had the problem, maybe a procedural error, try to disconnect and reconnect ... it worked for me.
Hmm. I've been successful for some boards but sometimes when I try to connect the board, this is what I get...

Code:

Connecting to MPLAB PICkit 3...

Currently loaded firmware on PICkit 3
Firmware Suite Version.....01.54.00
Firmware type..............dsPIC33E/24E
Target device was not found (could not detect target voltage VDD). You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3.

Programmer to target power is enabled - VDD = 3.250000 volts.
Target device dsPIC33EP16GS202 found.
Device ID Revision = 4003
DEVSN0 = 00000000
DEVSN1 = 00000000

Erasing...
Erase successful
2018-10-04 21:51:39 +0800 - Hex file loaded successfully.
Loading code from \\Mac\Home\Downloads\k-upload-file_2018-09-19-103561fd6dspic33ep16g.hex...
2018-10-04 21:51:41 +0800 - Programming...

You are trying to change protected boot memory. In order to do this you must select the "Boot, Secure and General Segments" option on the debug tool Secure Segment properties page.
Failed to program device
Too much current has been drawn on VDD. Please disconnect your circuit, check the CLK and DATA lines for shorts and then reconnect.

Any idea why this happens?

Also, I find that when I try to upload a custom bmminer, I get this same error all the time,

Code:
dsPIC33EP16GS202_get_pic_sw_version failed on Chain[1]!

Which I'll then have to flash your working HEX in order for that bmminer to work. Any idea why that happens as well? Thanks!
Of course ! Plug this on the all on your hash board ! And see my tuto.

Your picture is ok to connect this ! Wink
I'm getting this error T9+ August Batch

Code:
dsPIC33EP16GS202_get_pic_sw_version failed on Chain[1]!

Does this mean my PIC is PIC33 not PIC32?

Also, how do I connect the PicKit 3 to my board? there's no slot for me to put it in... Sad

https://imgur.com/a/DxJdSzH

Please help me! Thank you so much! Sad
Thank you;) so at worst, a PicKit 3 does not cost anything, I got mine for 20USD new
this solution works very well, and will only cost you 20usd and it's easy to do, I explain everything;) if you really have no choice ...

I pence that may have integrated my HEX file in a firmware, it must necessarily be able to do it in a software way (it already does with bad firmware) ...

I'm going to hang on this question but currently I'm working on other small projects so I do not have much time ...

friendly;)
Activity: 287
Merit: 18
thanks for a working fix, greatly appreciated.  would it be possible to inject code into a soft update for those without access to a pickit3 device?
Thank you ! your comments are a pleasure to hear!

You see now that I am not a scamer or even a naughty perssonne: p

I noticed that some perssonne have the same problem with their S9, I do not have S9 on hand but if I had one, then it would be just as easy to do the same tutorial! (if you have an S9 down I'm interested)

I remain at disposal to give help;)
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Great post and for sure a great help for many people. Smiley
I gave you some merit.
Activity: 799
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Good job bud! You just saved a lot of headache of trying to figure out how to do this from the software point of view.
be careful, my "tutor" only fixes the problem of the lost pic, in the log of the kernel there must be this after having checked the fan:

Code:
chain [1] PIC jump to app
Check chain [1] PIC fw version = 0x03 (or other)

but if you have:

Code:
chain [1] PIC jump to app
Check chain [1] PIC fw version = 0x00 or 0xff

so my tutorial will be useful!

Also beware, my HEX file is ONLY for the T9+ ! it is equipped with a PIC32 while all other antminer are equipped with PIC16 !!!

We have tested this with some users before, but it does not seem to work for everyone. I'm glad it worked for you Smiley

You said that it did not work for many others, which model? what process? have you program the pic?

Thank you Wink
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
We have tested this with some users before, but it does not seem to work for everyone. I'm glad it worked for you Smiley
Great! Glad to see that his help !!!

I think that now that I extracted the program HEX pic32, it should not be difficult to inject it into an update, to reprogram via software;)

ps: you already had a Pickit3 on hand Smiley?
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
exelent Work!!!
my miner is back to life again
Hi all!

I know some people have had a problem with their T9 + who lost 2 hash board, especially after flashing the firmware Dollemizer!

What happens, the bad firmware erases the board DSPIC32 to reprogram them, but as it does not have the HEX file, it reprograms nothing, and therefore the chain is definitely lost!

I also had the problem after trying a BMMINER custom that had exactly the same effect! so I got hooked on the question ... and HERE IS THE SOLUTION!

pre-requisite:
- a PICKIT 3 case
- MPLAB X IPE
- Bitmain HEX original file (pic32)

After :

1 - connect to the board, pin1 in front of the PICKIT arrow
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/38/3/1537391623-20180919-221729.jpg

2 - Connect on MPLAB
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/38/3/1537391587-connect.jpg

3 - Enter in advanced mode and take "power target circuit from tool"
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/38/3/1537391587-power-target.jpg

4 - ERASE the pic (use if you sure that the hash board is hs)

Code:
Erasing...
Erase successful
2018-09-19 22:17:36 +0200 - Programming...

5 - Put in Hex File my Hex file extracted from good board (download here http://www.k-upload.fr/afficher-fichier-2018-09-19-103561fd6dspic33ep16g.hex.html )

Code:
Programmer to target power is enabled - VDD = 3,250000 volts.
Target device dsPIC33EP16GS202 found.
Device ID Revision = 4003
DEVSN0 = 00000000
DEVSN1 = 00000000
2018-09-19 22:16:21 +0200 - Hex file loaded successfully.
Loading code from C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Firmware antminer D3 et L3+\pump firmware T9+\Prog PIC\DSPIC33EP16GS202.hex...

6 - "Program" and wait !

Code:
Programming...

The following memory area(s) will be programmed:
program memory: start address = 0x0, end address = 0x1dff
Programming/Verify complete
2018-09-19 22:18:13 +0200 - Programming complete

once the cards flash with PicKit, do not forget to reflash the minor with official firmware bitmain before reboot the minor ...

to do this, do it before you flash the card, or just connect the controller card (without the hashboard) and flash the official firmware, power off the miner, reconnect the hashboard and turn on again.

Essenciel is that the first start after flashing the board is done with an official firmware on the minor (with hashboard connected) otherwise the problem will come back immediately..

Now your board is reprogramed ! and working !!!

For any advice or request do not hesitate! Wink

If you like it;)
BTC: 1FWpeHCs7rB7LgWUiU2j2GgwuZpEYtfGm2
LTC: LShLPeXRMgRg3K2DP1ZMmWXbfS3Fh4ATNQ
Pages:
Jump to: