Pages:
Author

Topic: [REPORT] ~ Please *stop* this user - page 5. (Read 7827 times)

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
December 14, 2014, 07:31:43 AM
I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone.

Then you havent done the cost/benefit analysis.

No, because I do not understand my posting here as work. Id post as much anyway. I could just work 3 hours more each day instead and earn way more money, at minimum wage. Thus anyone thats actually doing a cost/benefit analysis and comes to the conclusion: "Ill game the signature campaign for the money"... well how do I put that nicely? I guess I cant: its just plain stupid.

Yes, get booted out of the campaign and possible banned for spam and sometimes even made look silly. If someone is posting bullshit, reply and show those who do now know any better that its bullshit.

Chances of that happening are what, 1%? Again do the cost/benefit analysis then imagine having dozens of accounts.

... I see you do the "pull percentages out of my behind" now. Badbear confirmed a ban right here. What makes you think its the only case out of 100?
In your opinion/experience the chances are slim. In my experience I just report them. I wont start to pull numbers from anywhere as I dont keep track of how many posts I report for spam (~1800 total currently, but they are not all related to spam) and how many result in bans. I feel the staff does a very good job with this, those running the campaigns do less, but they start to act. Just see the response time in this thread. OP is from 13.12.2014 - 1233, badbears response from 1414 the same day.

First of all do you have anything that can back your claim for the reason they left?
JoelKatz was last active yesterday [2] and DeathAndTaxes [3] has a signature in the fashion a campaign would. I suspect you just pull reputable people out of your behind to back your argument.

DnT's signature is his own company duh.

So? He is advertising, he will earn money off of it and probably way more than anyone running for a signature campaign. You claim he left because of spam caused by signature campaigns. I ask: can you confirm that in any way.

JoelKatz has posted less than once a week  prior to selling some hardware.

Again: what makes you think the reason behind the absense is spam cause by signature campaigns. People leave for all kinds of reasons, I wonder why you can speak for them.

No, its a "nice" way to render this forum useless. I would much rather have they begged.

I think this discussion leads nowhere. Lets just agree to disagree. If you want to do something against spam, report it via the report link or create posts like these.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 13, 2014, 05:04:03 PM
I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone.

Then you havent done the cost/benefit analysis.

Yes, get booted out of the campaign and possible banned for spam and sometimes even made look silly. If someone is posting bullshit, reply and show those who do now know any better that its bullshit.

Chances of that happening are what, 1%? Again do the cost/benefit analysis then imagine having dozens of accounts.

First of all do you have anything that can back your claim for the reason they left?
JoelKatz was last active yesterday [2] and DeathAndTaxes [3] has a signature in the fashion a campaign would. I suspect you just pull reputable people out of your behind to back your argument.

DnT's signature is his own company duh.
JoelKatz has posted less than once a week  prior to selling some hardware.

Its a nice way for people without much money to get some coins, to learn about bitcoin without investing to much without begging for them.

No, its a "nice" way to render this forum useless. I would much rather have they begged.
copper member
December 13, 2014, 04:50:27 PM
Rules only help so much as long as the incentives are all wrong. Rules, even if enforceable and enforced will just be bent, skirted or broken.
Fact is the campaign organizer wants to maximize ad impressions, therefore spam is not his problem, its his friend. And campaign members only care about maximizing their profit with minimal effort.

I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone. I think longer before I post and I sometimes dont even post a lenthy one I allready wrote. I agree that there are others out there and I dont want to say that everyone should feel the same. I actually think I should not care about the signature and post like I would without it.
If someone running a campaign actually thinks spam is their friend, they have understood nothing about advertising. Its easy to get an army of idiots posting bullshit noone cares about. Its hard work to root these idiots out and only keep worthy posters. The overal quality of posts for a certain campaign says a lot of their quality of service. If they do not care enough about their image, why should they care about their customers? Advertisement is long beyond the same old "be in their heads".
Stunna got that a while back when he first restructured and later (effectivly)[1] canceled the PrimeDice campaign. I think it could have been done earlier, but thats easy to say in hindsight. You shouldnt wait for the "DannyHamilton is ignoring PD signature wearers by default" warning signs.

Posting silly gifs,  5 word posts and completely meaningless stupid posts by people who do not care or know anything  about the topics being discussed, is the predictable result.

People with vested interests in this spam may say what they want, Im pretty sure I know why so many old and interesting posters like DeathAndTaxes and JoelKatz cant be bothered with this forum anymore.

Dont judge a post by its signature. Its a nice way for people without much money to get some coins, to learn about bitcoin without investing to much without begging for them. There should - probably - be more pressure on those running the campaign. I dont know how with the given set of rules, besides continue to report those that spam. Mabye if 5 of your campaigners get banned you also get banned?

Yes there will be those that try to bent the rules but frankly: there will allways, no matter which rules. Its your job as the person in charge to detect that. Talk to borderline cases, tell them you dont like what you see and if they cant improve, its their last turn. Keep turns short and max posts per turn low. The campaigns adapt. A year ago anyone with the needed rank could have earned 2.4 BTC from Stunna in a month. No (or unreachable high) limit campaigns are dead. Why is that if the incentive is all wrong? Why is that if those running the campaigns could care less if their campaigners get banned? Its because spam is not your friend, never.

[1] AFAIK hilariousandco and mprep are still running for Stunna.
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/joelkatz-27870
[3] https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/deathandtaxes-41048
December 13, 2014, 03:12:11 PM
Referal spam is again the rules anyway and will be deleted/removed from the post.

It is allowed to put referrals in your signature. How do you maximize the odds of someone clicking your ref link? Post as many posts as you can get away with.

They usually have rules in place, but I feel they are not strict enough more often than not.

Rules only help so much as long as the incentives are all wrong. Rules, even if enforceable and enforced will just be bent, skirted or broken.
Fact is the campaign organizer wants to maximize ad impressions, therefore spam is not his problem, its his friend. And campaign members only care about maximizing their profit with minimal effort.

Posting silly gifs,  5 word posts and completely meaningless stupid posts by people who do not care or know anything  about the topics being discussed, is the predictable result.

People with vested interests in this spam may say what they want, Im pretty sure I know why so many old and interesting posters like DeathAndTaxes and JoelKatz cant be bothered with this forum anymore.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
December 13, 2014, 02:09:09 PM
Another suspicious user  (maybe I'm wrong) :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/josef2000-359905

I've reported him with the  correct function.

This account's posts are very similar to b00s624's posts. Or is it because, his all posts are in Economy board? He could have only got chance to bid for things and to join signature campaigns. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
December 13, 2014, 01:00:14 PM
Another suspicious user  (maybe I'm wrong) :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/josef2000-359905

I've reported him with the  correct function.
copper member
December 13, 2014, 11:00:29 AM
Thus your argument is mostly invalid, because a single post a day is hardly spam.

The poster being discussed here post ~1 post per day (unless badbear has been deleting).
1 post per day x non trivial % of 386829 posters =  forum full of nonsense.

And thats not even discussing referral links.

Referal spam is again the rules anyway and will be deleted/removed from the post. The person in question had at least 23 posts today when I checked earlier. I am glad that badbear deleted them because this will also result in no or almost no payment.
Again: the quality of the posts is still low, but a low quality post every few days is fine, at least for me and the staff seems to agree. Its problematic (IMHO) when the majority of posts are of low quality and the person in question posts a lot. 30 one-liners over 60 days hardly matter, 80 posts within 24 hours do.

-snip-
If the campaign cares he most likely will be, they often have rules against spam to help keep the forums clean.

They usually have rules in place, but I feel they are not strict enough more often than not.
December 13, 2014, 10:33:51 AM
Thus your argument is mostly invalid, because a single post a day is hardly spam.

The poster being discussed here post ~1 post per day (unless badbear has been deleting).
1 post per day x non trivial % of 386829 posters =  forum full of nonsense.

And thats not even discussing referral links.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 13, 2014, 10:29:01 AM
I'd at least report it to the sig campaign to cut them off and provide his post history as evidence, not really worth it spamming the moderators if they're busy because they might get annoyed.

Ok , thanks .  DO you think he will be banned from that signature campaign or not ?

If the campaign cares he most likely will be, they often have rules against spam to help keep the forums clean.
legendary
#Free market
December 13, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
I'd at least report it to the sig campaign to cut them off and provide his post history as evidence, not really worth it spamming the moderators if they're busy because they might get annoyed.

Ok , thanks .  DO you think he will be banned from that signature campaign or not ?
legendary
December 13, 2014, 09:36:11 AM
legendary
#Free market
December 13, 2014, 09:34:42 AM
Sometimes users escape the net, I try and report them wherever I can but the mods are pretty busy on this forum but they might notice now you've made this thread, you could maybe PM them as well, despite having a signature campaign I always do my best not to spam like that and just post shitty one liners, you could also report him to the actual sig campaign as well and get him banned from that so he has no incentive any campaign that's worth it won't want to have their reputation ruined by some asshole trying to spam on their behalf.

Yeah you're right , but I thought a thread was  better than a pm.

copper member
December 13, 2014, 09:32:01 AM
I read this on bitmixer campaign page: We pay 0.001*Activity/50 BTC weekly (max. 0.01 BTC).

So yeah, it does make a difference if he posts nothing or 1000 posts, it influences his activity lvl.

Posts contribute to activity as much as a single post per day unless the activity was otherwise held back due to few posts in a given period of the past (which is rare). Thus your argument is mostly invalid, because a single post a day is hardly spam. It might be of low qualitiy anyway, but thats not the discussion here.
legendary
December 13, 2014, 09:28:48 AM
Sometimes users escape the net, I try and report them wherever I can but the mods are pretty busy on this forum but they might notice now you've made this thread, you could maybe PM them as well, despite having a signature campaign I always do my best not to spam like that and just post shitty one liners, you could also report him to the actual sig campaign as well and get him banned from that so he has no incentive any campaign that's worth it won't want to have their reputation ruined by some asshole trying to spam on their behalf.
December 13, 2014, 09:24:11 AM
Your arguenrny is invalid in both this case and in others. In this case it is invalid because he is paid a fixed rate if he makes no posts or 1,000 posts.

I read this on bitmixer campaign page: We pay 0.001*Activity/50 BTC weekly (max. 0.01 BTC).

So yeah, it does make a difference if he posts nothing or 1000 posts, it influences his activity lvl.

In other cases your arguement is invalid because campaign operators have an incentive to stop spam because spam with their campaign is not effective advertising.

Nonsense. How many sig campaign  base their payout on the trust of the poster or the quality of his contributions,  rather than post count (activity/seniority) ?
There is no incentive for signature beggars to contribute meaningfully, at most they must prevent getting banned.
legendary
#Free market
December 13, 2014, 09:16:17 AM
As much as I wouldnt mind that account being banned (along with 329392 others), its not a solution.

The real problem is that people are getting paid for signature campaigns. As long as that is allowed, we will be flooded by nonsensical spammy posts from a bazillion alt accounts, contributing nothing to the forum and burying worthwhile post under a pile of garbage,  both to boost their post count and to increase their (per post) sig campaign payouts.
Your arguenrny is invalid in both this case and in others. In this case it is invalid because he is paid a fixed rate if he makes no posts or 1,000 posts.

In other cases your arguement is invalid because campaign operators have an incentive to stop spam because spam with their campaign is not effective advertising.

The op is probably right. I saw (and stopped at) 4 pages of nothing then one liners of useless posts

It is not a problem of the signature campaign *at least in this case*.

Thanks.

No problem , thanks for your work.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
December 13, 2014, 09:14:25 AM
Thanks.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
December 13, 2014, 09:13:09 AM
As much as I wouldnt mind that account being banned (along with 329392 others), its not a solution.

The real problem is that people are getting paid for signature campaigns. As long as that is allowed, we will be flooded by nonsensical spammy posts from a bazillion alt accounts, contributing nothing to the forum and burying worthwhile post under a pile of garbage,  both to boost their post count and to increase their (per post) sig campaign payouts.

The op is probably right. I saw (and stopped at) 4 pages of nothing then one liners of useless posts
December 13, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

Activity: 466
Merit: 250
December 13, 2014, 09:02:37 AM
Looks like he is just trying to rank up by making such small posts but is there any rule for banning such users?
Pages:
Jump to: