Pages:
Author

Topic: Request: Disable JayJuanGee in the Wall Observer thread - page 7. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 624
Is this post a recreation of the one created a day ago? As I can recall commenting and voting on a similar thread that has a different title, maybe this is just an answer to your (Op's) answer and solution to the raised issue. I have come across JayJuanGee on a few threads, and he is a good merit distributor, and at the same time, he knows how to identify a good post when he sees one, no matter the page where the post is located on a particular thread. If the issue of merit farming is to be addressed and a permanent solution provided, then I don't think disabling just one member is the best option, as he is not the only one given merit there.

It should be better to disable the entire merit system on that board than just disable one person, as other merit-source and non-merit-source members will still send merit to those merit farmers unknowingly.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
IMO, name it and we have a reputation board to investigate it.
There's a punishment for sure for those proven that they are account farming.

The simple solution to the problem is to disable JayJuanGee
Not a perfect solution, or ask JayJuanGee to increase his/her way of giving merit on that board.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
Where are your evidences? You are not new on this forum.

I do not know many of you from wall observer, but no one on this forum that will not know JayJuanGee. He is still one of the best from you people. He dedicate time to read the posts from other boards and merit the good ones.
legendary
Activity: 1819
Merit: 5547
Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser
Merit farming in the WO thread has gotten way out of hand.

Its been a problem for years now but really ramped up this year. Although I can't prove it, I strongly suspect we're now seeing merit farmers creating alt accounts which they use to send merits back to their main accounts, with the end goal being to enroll as many alts in signature campaigns as they can.

The typical merit farmer post is a copy/pasted tweet from a large bitcoin-focused Twitter account, complete with picture and (often in smaller text) the word "source" with a link to the tweet. These accounts are literally just taking popular tweets and pasting them in WO for no other reason than to get merits. You'll see them on just about every single page of the thread this year.

This type of post is bad for a few reasons:

- It is a distraction that dilutes honest conversation between good faith participants.
 - It is lazy, dishonest, and often wholly unnecessary.
 - It lends to promotion of a culture of cheating.

The meriting of these posts is creating a positive feedback system where merit farmers are encouraged to continue this behavior... as a result the only skill they're actually developing is how to extract merits from senior WO posters.

The simple solution to the problem is to disable JayJuanGee
Pages:
Jump to: