Pages:
Author

Topic: Request for Nigeria local board - page 6. (Read 2183 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
February 07, 2021, 11:01:15 AM
In addition to what Charles_Tim had aired out, Nigerians are one of the most active users in the bitcointailk forum that had contributed positively for her development, in the recent time, we have about 500+ active members if I'm not mistaken and we keep having new members that comes in on a regular basis and more to be coming.

I came across similar thread long time ago by a user requesting same for Nigerian local board, I came to realize that Nigerians infact African as a whole weren't active enough to form a community at that time, now we have accumulated up to 520 replies and 11722 views with up to 27 pages in our community hangout discussing crypto related topics in our understood pidgin language at the moment.

My explanations above might not be convincing enough but it shows some slight improvement more than before, It's high time we get what we are requesting for.

Edit:
Here are some active Nigerian members in the forum. [members upward]

S/NActive usersRank
4.YourhomeboyMember
5.Sharon121212Full member
6.Upgrade00Hero member
7.Leonardo7Member
8.nelson4lovHero Member
9.SoldierswitlittlefaithMember
10.Gozie51Sr Member
11.posiHero Member
12.Charles-TimSr Member
13.JosefjixMember
14.Alobo RealerMember
15.Maestro75Full member
16.BIT-BENDERSr Member
17.OshosondySr member
18.gabbie2010Sr Member
19.LordhermesSr Member
20.GeorgeJohnSr Member
21.SmartvirusSr Member
22.TraderbtccFull member
23.abdulodoiMember
24.awawoMember
25.Fivestar4everMVPSr Member
26.MiaallenMember
27.BlackpussyMember
28.BIN-BINMember
29.ololajuloSr Member
30.CryptocurencyKingFull member
31.CrptomagmaMember
32.OnuohakkMember
33.Pokapoka124Member
34.thereaderMember
35.igehhhSr Member
36.LmaoooMember
37.CoysterHero Member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
February 07, 2021, 10:57:14 AM
I think the reason why the request was denied in the past is because all of the Nigerians On Bitcointalk speak English and admins probably didn't think a Pidgin English board would have many users. But if the number of Nigerians is much higher now, it makes sense that you guys have your own local. However, if your local would allow users to write in English as well, the admins might turn down the idea. A Pidgin English only local would have better chances.

I think you are correct, and to add, and some may find it new, pidgin English is not a language thats familiar to Nigerians alone but some African countries, such as Ghana are familia with the language, and they maybe excited to connect since we not only connected by the language but by distance.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
February 07, 2021, 10:16:09 AM
I think the reason why the request was denied in the past is because all of the Nigerians On Bitcointalk speak English and admins probably didn't think a Pidgin English board would have many users. But if the number of Nigerians is much higher now, it makes sense that you guys have your own local. However, if your local would allow users to write in English as well, the admins might turn down the idea. A Pidgin English only local would have better chances.

Discuss among yourselves how you would like your board to look and what sub-boards it should have. That helped the Croatian community get new sub-boards a few months ago. Those ides were then presented to theymos and Cyrus and the new boards were created.   

I think it could help to see how many Nigerians there actually are and how many of you are active on Bitcointalk.If the numbers aren't as high as they should be, maybe an African local could be an alternative option. In that case, you have to agree on which local languages would be accepted.

Good luck with the request!
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
February 07, 2021, 09:33:30 AM
I support this suggestion since Africa has a lot of crypto user and they contribute a significant amount of transaction volume in crypto market before.

I suggest to OP to atleast gather all the active Nigerian  member here in the forum so that the admin will see the need of adding Nigerian Local Board. Best of Luck
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
February 07, 2021, 09:21:38 AM
I would support this, and not just for the fact am a Nigerian but
+ Nigeria is the most populated black nation and very resourceful, and excited about crypto-currency
+ many African nation see Nigeria as a pillar of example and if Nigeria board get shape they can be encouraged of the free and fairness of forum
+ help other members know about the fast growth of crypto-currency, which may foster business friendship.
+ also for -Newbie- Nigerians coming to the forum which are much, they can have a sense of relief and be bold to ask question in their frequently used words, thereby learning more.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
February 07, 2021, 08:02:48 AM
There are many reasons we Nigerians need local board
One other reason is that Nigeria has a fast growing Bitcoin market, with a large percentage of the citizens looking to understand and own Bitcoin. Bitcointalk being the largest discussion forum for Bitcoin would attract a lot of these users as we can see by checking the activity on the local thread. Having a dedicated local board would make those users feel more welcome and create a strong community.

I noticed that some of the arguments against the Nigerian board in the past, was the lack of a distinct language;
• Pidgin English is a very distinct language in Nigeria and parts of Africa and is common to everyone irrespective of tribe.
• Local boards aren't really divided by language, but rather it's a community of individuals who share things in common.
• On a micro level, there are news and updates that would be useful to the Nigerian community, but not so to the rest of the world. Having a board to post such is a welcome development in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
February 07, 2021, 07:36:04 AM
If we take a trip down memory lane, there was a time Nigeria board was requested for on this forum, but due to one reasons or the other, we were not given local board. It would be as a result of some reasons, best known to theymos, but of which the reasons will be genuine.

CryptopreneurBrainboss created a local thread, Africa Bitcointalk Community Hangout., where some of us do have some discussions related to bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies and our country. Later, we noticed all of us there are Nigerians, we finally have to discuss about it, and CryptopreneurBrainboss changed it to Nigerian Bitcointalk Community Hangout.. Two languages are accepted on the thread, English and Pidgin.

The thread surfaced to be for Nigerians and we are happy for that as the evolution of Nigeria local board on bitcointalk is dawning to become reality. That is why we are making a request for theymos to grant our request and give us Nigerians a local board.

There are many reasons we Nigerians need local board
1. Like the Brainboss exchange service, some new Nigerians may not know there is anything like that, but moving it to our local board will make it more easy to be seen and known. Not only Brainboss service, there will be some Nigerians that will like to provide service for people in Naira (the Nigeria fiat).

2. There was a day I wanted to convert litecoin to Naira, I have to call a member on this forum that did it for me, requesting such directly from our local baord would have been the best which will make such transactions transparent in case by making such offer on our local baord.

3. Our government just banned cryptocurrencies, but we know it is going to be legalized back, our local board is a place to easily find latest information that will be posted by our members about how to exchange Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies  to Naira during this hard time. The way we can still make trades in Bitcoin, in other cryptocurrencies and in naira will be easily discussed on our local board.

Nigerians have many active users on this forum, only what we need is for us to be given a local board, we active users are ready to develop the board. Please, we need support from other members about this to help us leave positive comments which are true about us Nigerians to convince theymos into giving us a local board.

Boards requested for
  • Nigeria

Child-boards
  • Altcoins
  • Marketplace
  • Off-topic

Monthly stat, starting from January 2022

January 2022 : [CHARTS] Monthly Overview Of The Unofficial Nigeria Local Board

Comparing the activities of December to January

Merit activities of 2021 vs 2022 (con't)

Sources: @DdmrDdmr merits dashboard & Ninjastic.space
Pages:
Jump to: