Pages:
Author

Topic: [Review] Avalon 6 Miner - Winter Mining - Notlist3d - Also FAQ and Help - page 18. (Read 79278 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
I asked blockc about 10 pieces and they didn't even respond to me when I asked for a better price (it was when bitmain dropped their prices) and for a local hosting.

So I was forced to buy some S7... Still would buy Avalon, but it must be < USD 1000, every other price doesn't make any sense at all.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
I flashed both versions to the corresponding Rpi (SD cards) and neither worked.  

I used Win32DiskImager and SD Formatter

Try connecting the miner to a Linux pc and see if it is detected by cgminer directly, take a look here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=57
legendary
aka "whocares"
For the life of me I cannot get the Rpi update to work.  I have tried flashing both images to the corresponding Pi and cannot get it to work.  If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks...in advance

It should be a easy process to do.  If it does not work I would contact BlockC.   It's been a really long time but I know Ehash did a remote connection once when I could not get my RPI to detect a 4.1  (was quite a long time).

But they were great and helped me out.   I imagine which ever distributor you got it from will be just as helpful.

Thanks, I will probably do that, Yan at BlockC is always very helpful.

Have you tried flashing the image onto the SD card, there isn't a way to upgrade the pi's firmware from the ui if that is what you are trying to do.

I flashed both versions to the corresponding Rpi (SD cards) and neither worked.  

I used Win32DiskImager and SD Formatter
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
OregonMines Official Account
For the life of me I cannot get the Rpi update to work.  I have tried flashing both images to the corresponding Pi and cannot get it to work.  If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks...in advance

It should be a easy process to do.  If it does not work I would contact BlockC.   It's been a really long time but I know Ehash did a remote connection once when I could not get my RPI to detect a 4.1  (was quite a long time).

But they were great and helped me out.   I imagine which ever distributor you got it from will be just as helpful.

Have you tried flashing the image onto the SD card, there isn't a way to upgrade the pi's firmware from the ui if that is what you are trying to do.
legendary
aka "whocares"
For the life of me I cannot get the Rpi update to work.  I have tried flashing both images to the corresponding Pi and cannot get it to work.  If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks...in advance

It should be a easy process to do.  If it does not work I would contact BlockC.   It's been a really long time but I know Ehash did a remote connection once when I could not get my RPI to detect a 4.1  (was quite a long time).

But they were great and helped me out.   I imagine which ever distributor you got it from will be just as helpful.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Thanks...in advance

legendary
aka "whocares"
pity that Avalon does not lower prices, and too high for me, and then less efficient S7, in my opinion the right price should be no more than 2.10 BTC, this and its fair price. so long as maintains that price can remain at the factory Grin

Agreed, with that price, i would buy some more...  Grin

I'm fairly certain that A6 prices beat S7 today. You should contact BlockC .. obviously 2nd market / instant on boxes price differently, but if you can order 10 or make a GB.. good price ratio. ( factor in batch performances )

Unfortunately that is not the case yet.  I have bought a good size batch and have priced another batch recently and even discounted it still doesn't match the $/gh yet.  It does however get to people faster in the USA and it has a US warranty.  

And my most recent quote was last week for 30 Avalon6
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
pity that Avalon does not lower prices, and too high for me, and then less efficient S7, in my opinion the right price should be no more than 2.10 BTC, this and its fair price. so long as maintains that price can remain at the factory Grin

Agreed, with that price, i would buy some more...  Grin

I'm fairly certain that A6 prices beat S7 today. You should contact BlockC .. obviously 2nd market / instant on boxes price differently, but if you can order 10 or make a GB.. good price ratio. ( factor in batch performances )
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Agreed, with that price, i would buy some more...  Grin
legendary
aka "whocares"

Thanks...in advance
legendary
sin that is always sent from China, I got tired of paying so much money for shipping and customs charges

I deleted one post as it was same thing.  They actually don't ship all from China.  China is covered by Ehash.  BlockC covers everything else:
BlockC - Global Master Distributor: http://www.blockc.co/collections/blockc-co-shop/products/avalon6-bitcoin-miner
Ehash - Sales within China: https://ehash.com/product/avalon6-v6-0/

So Europe should go to BlockC.   As far as customs that is your country not the miner company.   I can understand it stinks to pay it... but your country is one doing it.
Activity: 798
sin that is always sent from China, I got tired of paying so much money for shipping and customs charges
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

for in house mining I prefer the avalon.  If I could get them for 1000 I would have a few more then the two I have.
Activity: 798
legendary
Hello  i got 6 miners avalon 6 for sale with bitmain power supply 1600watt al working fine.
I'm living in Belgium i can ship to the vs or in europe.
9900usd  or make a offer.

well you should do this in the marketplace.

plus your price is too high for usa buyers.

I think this link is where you should be.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

On sales please do in market place as Phil recommend.  If thread turns into buy/sell it takes away from information and clutters it up. 

So please do keep them there.  I don't have a problem with people selling them.  Just FAQ and help thread is not the place for it.
legendary
Hello  i got 6 miners avalon 6 for sale with bitmain power supply 1600watt al working fine.
I'm living in Belgium i can ship to the vs or in europe.
9900usd  or make a offer.

well you should do this in the marketplace.

plus your price is too high for usa buyers.

I think this link is where you should be.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Have 2 that are running steady here is a shot of them running for over a week:

One of my biggest suggestions I think for any new buyer is go with server PSU, adjustable voltage if possible.  That is really only big thing looking back I would tell a new buyer.

YEAH  my dual 2000 = 4000 watt server psu  set on high which is 12.75 volts gives me this for 2 avalon sixes

Hi Phillip, let us know if this voltage is stable.  How come the Avalon is reporting 12.3 and 12.6?  I think prior to this your best and most stable voltage is 12.55 but a reboot may be required.  Let us know how it goes with this voltage as I'll be getting my 4K board with Voltage control soon from FINKSY
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Someone knows where can i buy a PSU with adjustable voltage in europe?  Huh
legendary
Have 2 that are running steady here is a shot of them running for over a week:

One of my biggest suggestions I think for any new buyer is go with server PSU, adjustable voltage if possible.  That is really only big thing looking back I would tell a new buyer.

YEAH  my dual 2000 = 4000 watt server psu  set on high which is 12.75 volts gives me this for 2 avalon sixes

Pages:
Jump to: