Pages:
Author

Topic: [Review] Avalon 6 Miner - Winter Mining - Notlist3d - Also FAQ and Help - page 19. (Read 79151 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Probably the temp sensor. Mine were whacky and had to constantly reboot. What pool do you have them set to mine to?

Also, try firing up the miners first until post boot and then fire up the Pi.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Hi,

Anyone knows how to get the error codes from avalon 6? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon6#MM_Error_Codes

My avalon 6 has a red blinking led. After it is powered-on there is a green led blinking for a few seconds and then the led is blinking red. I need to debug what exactly is the issue...

Any hints appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Have 2 that are running steady here is a shot of them running for over a week:

One of my biggest suggestions I think for any new buyer is go with server PSU, adjustable voltage if possible.  That is really only big thing looking back I would tell a new buyer.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
s7 right about now Price: 2.85 BTC       ( 1210.71 USD )

not cool from them!

fair price would be ~2.5btc...

and i'm interested, but at the right price

got ~10kw and i will keep on upgrading with s7 because of price and a bit better efficiency

Not sure how true the statement about the s7 being more efficient really is, there are some post on the s7 thread that it is at .3 and not .25

Good batch one,two s-7s did do .25 even .247 with a titanium evga 1600 t2.

The batch 8 is not so good maybe .3 or worse.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"

not cool from them!

got ~10kw and i will keep on upgrading with s7 because of price and a bit better efficiency

Not sure how true the statement about the s7 being more efficient really is, there are some post on the s7 thread that it is at .3 and not .25
legendary

not cool from them!

And again you might contact them.  I'm not sure if that price is set in stone, or not at this point.  If bulk definitely email and ask.

I am kinda set for the moment on gear so I have not emailed and asked price as I don't care to waste their time.  But if you truly interested in buying gear currently send them a email it does not hurt to ask.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

not cool from them!

legendary
So there are no discounts yet on these miners? Prices are still firm as last months?

So far the advertised price has remained the same.   I'm not sure what plans are on pricing.   If you were buying bulk I would contact them and see... does not hurt to ask.   And it would be the official BlockC or Ehash I would ask as they are direct no middle man resellers.

The Avalon 4.1 held it's price for quite a while.   So they could be doing same thing.   But only way to know is if you were serious on buying and send a email to them.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
So there are no discounts yet on these miners? Prices are still firm as last months?
legendary
Well, I have obtained a RasPi B+ frome some chinese Avalon supplier, so I have successfully downloaded and wrote an appropriate image (downloaded as 76 Mb) and it works well, much faster than preloaded FW.

Is there a way to configure this FW to DHCP? It is still configured with static IP in spite that I choose DHCP and press Save&Apply...  Huh

I have not went to dhcp just the opposite.  The good thing is since RPI and sd card you can back it up using Win32DiskImager.   Do this if you really like the one on your RPI.  And if you mess up on settings, you can restore it from backup you made.

And if all else fails I have a big image on google with BlockC's image, and a smaller one on dropbox that is a .rar file. I have tested it with one from BlockC and one from China Ehash.  So it worked great with both for me.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Well, I have obtained a RasPi B+ frome some chinese Avalon supplier, so I have successfully downloaded and wrote an appropriate image (downloaded as 76 Mb) and it works well, much faster than preloaded FW.

Is there a way to configure this FW to DHCP? It is still configured with static IP in spite that I choose DHCP and press Save&Apply...  Huh
legendary
Is the size 76Mb OK? That is what I am confused with... An image from the first post is about 4Gb...

I don't know if anyone has tested it on RPI 2.  But the first post is a exact copy of BlockC's image for RPI kit.  So you get DHCP and is very easy to configure.   The DHCP i see as great start as easy to log in and put in static IP.

I like the first one just as it's a exact image and has not been touched it was taken before I even started RPI I believe. Here is it in a .rar .    It makes it go down to 539 MB - https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8qhb6xxwdchm9g/A6dhcpbackup.rar?dl=0  .   It is also at dropbox I don't post it on first post as google is much better at letting you use bandwidth.  Dropbox on free after so much they shut down downloads for a day or so.
legendary
Is the size 76Mb OK? That is what I am confused with... An image from the first post is about 4Gb...
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
If i want to use RasPi 2 with Avalon6s I should use the file "openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2709-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img" from http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/brcm2708/bcm2709/, right?

Sorry for such a noob's question...  Roll Eyes

I would use this, just to ensure they don't put a beta or something similar in latest:

http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/20151225/

And the version you'd want is the 2709 one - specifically this one:

http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/20151225/openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2709-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img

Just flash this and you should be good to go.
legendary
If i want to use RasPi 2 with Avalon6s I should use the file "openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2709-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img" from http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/brcm2708/bcm2709/, right?

Sorry for such a noob's question...  Roll Eyes
yeah cause the 8 are linked and the controller uses the worst blade to configure your set on the rasp pi.

fully disconnect the 1 bad unit and see what you get.

Disconnecting the one bad unit brought the 7 remaining units back up to ~25TH/s, so where I'd expect... So, moral of this story is disconnect red units when they happen.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
What temperature is the Avalon running now by default after the upgrade?  Is it still the super hot range of 70s?

Hmm, I just looked at them and it does look like they're configured to run cooler... I believe before they were running around 74c, and now they seem to all be right around 68c. 

I did run into one issue - I have one set of 8 machines where one of the machines has a bad blade (just haven't bothered to warranty replace it yet), and that particular set of 8 is running way below in hash (pool-side) than my others.  I just restarted it to see if that makes and difference, but where I would expect it to be off by about 1.8TH/s, it's off by 8-10TH (and has been for the past 12 hours).

yeah cause the 8 are linked and the controller uses the worst blade to configure your set on the rasp pi.

fully disconnect the 1 bad unit and see what you get.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Good to know, I just bump up my min fan speed as I'm not too comfortable running it long term at 76-78 C
What temperature is the Avalon running now by default after the upgrade?  Is it still the super hot range of 70s?

Hmm, I just looked at them and it does look like they're configured to run cooler... I believe before they were running around 74c, and now they seem to all be right around 68c. 

I did run into one issue - I have one set of 8 machines where one of the machines has a bad blade (just haven't bothered to warranty replace it yet), and that particular set of 8 is running way below in hash (pool-side) than my others.  I just restarted it to see if that makes and difference, but where I would expect it to be off by about 1.8TH/s, it's off by 8-10TH (and has been for the past 12 hours).
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I like it.  Once I get my new RACK, I will mount the fans at the bottom to blow the hot air up.  This will allow both PSU to be in the same directions so it will look neater cabling wise.  Will update once my new RACK arrive in a few days. 
Pages:
Jump to: