Pages:
Author

Topic: [Review] Avalon 6 Miner - Winter Mining - Notlist3d - Also FAQ and Help - page 9. (Read 79140 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hello
I'm new in the mining world
just got my avalon6 miner today

I missed up in the network settings
now I'm unable to log in 192.168.1.2
all I get is a black screen with these words

luci - lua configuration interface

Ps. I'm a newbie I know nothing about mining just started into this problem today  Sad

Did you get a Pi with your miner?  You have to log into the Pi (with the Avalon software on it).

yeah  he did and he screwed up settings.

I am not sure if he needs to burn a new sdcard

could you screen shot the page 192.168.1.2
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Hello

Ps. I'm a newbie I know nothing about mining just started into this problem today  Sad

Did you get a Pi with your miner?  You have to log into the Pi (with the Avalon software on it).
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hello

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Anyone have any ideas where I can pickup 2 more USB dongles?

try => [email protected]

They are USA reseller for Avalon.

I just asked them for a dongle and a few spare link cables (as i broke one but managed to repair it)

Thanks, E-Mail sent!!

Just got a quote.

10$ for a dongle and 2$ for the link cable. (Us dollard)

Same here, they even asked me about you!!  We're the first ones to ask for dongles!!

For the record, They were charging me 40$ for international shipping so I didn't order ... shame it was that much for 1 dongle and 5 cables
legendary
When I received my A6, I was surprised at how loud its fan was. I was expecting a quiet miner, not something that was almost as loud as an S5. I replaced the fan with a Sanyo Denki Ace fan and what a difference. I understand why people like philipma replaced their fans with the Sanyo. Do yourself a favor, if you have not replaced your fan, please get a Sanyo fan. I am a fan of Sanyo fan.

I never really had that big of issue with sound with mine.   I ran 1 in my room for testing at first.   But mine I would say was quieter then my S5.  My S5 I did not like in my room.

But fan changing... void's warranty.  So I would make sure your out of warranty before doing this.  And if you get BlockC they do a good job with stickers to show if it's been open or not.
My V2 Avalon 6 units came with non-Delta fans. V1 A6 units came with sweet Delta fans which were quiet fans. The non-Delta fans in my A6 are LOUD, I didn't push my miners so I don't know how loud it can get maximum but I replaced it with a Sanyo fans. Now, my A6 stays at 3330 rpm running about 3.5 TH at freq 400. Temp reads 31 67 68. I didn't have to tear any stickers or seals to replace the fans. Unless you told blockc, they wouldn't know the fans were repaced. Why would it matter? The Sanyo fans are more better than the crap fan they originally put inside my A6 units.

Which fan's are better? The Delta's on the Avalon 6 v1? Or Sanyo? Was wondering if it's worth to swap the fans to Sanyo on a version 1 to make it even more quieter, or is the Delta's already as quiet or quieter?

the delta is better but = 20 bucks

the sanyo is about 10 for one and about 5 or 6 for a case of 20.

the rev 2 fan is really loud.

so when I found the case of sanyos for 98 bucks I grabbed it. 4.90 a fan.

if you gave me free deltas and free sanyo's I would use the deltas'

but at 4.90 for a sanyo  and 20 for a delta it was an easy choice.

Activity: 544
Merit: 250
When I received my A6, I was surprised at how loud its fan was. I was expecting a quiet miner, not something that was almost as loud as an S5. I replaced the fan with a Sanyo Denki Ace fan and what a difference. I understand why people like philipma replaced their fans with the Sanyo. Do yourself a favor, if you have not replaced your fan, please get a Sanyo fan. I am a fan of Sanyo fan.

I never really had that big of issue with sound with mine.   I ran 1 in my room for testing at first.   But mine I would say was quieter then my S5.  My S5 I did not like in my room.

But fan changing... void's warranty.  So I would make sure your out of warranty before doing this.  And if you get BlockC they do a good job with stickers to show if it's been open or not.
My V2 Avalon 6 units came with non-Delta fans. V1 A6 units came with sweet Delta fans which were quiet fans. The non-Delta fans in my A6 are LOUD, I didn't push my miners so I don't know how loud it can get maximum but I replaced it with a Sanyo fans. Now, my A6 stays at 3330 rpm running about 3.5 TH at freq 400. Temp reads 31 67 68. I didn't have to tear any stickers or seals to replace the fans. Unless you told blockc, they wouldn't know the fans were repaced. Why would it matter? The Sanyo fans are more better than the crap fan they originally put inside my A6 units.

Which fan's are better? The Delta's on the Avalon 6 v1? Or Sanyo? Was wondering if it's worth to swap the fans to Sanyo on a version 1 to make it even more quieter, or is the Delta's already as quiet or quieter?
legendary

try => [email protected]

I just asked them for a dongle and a few spare link cables (as i broke one but managed to repair it)

Thanks, E-Mail sent!!

Just got a quote.

Same here, they even asked me about you!!  We're the first ones to ask for dongles!!
legendary

try => [email protected]

Thanks, E-Mail sent!!

Just got a quote.

legendary

try => [email protected]

Thanks, E-Mail sent!!
legendary

try => [email protected]

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

you do not need to open the case to change the fan.

I would say it is impossible to tell you put in a sanyo denki ace fan for the stock version 2 fan.

But as always swapping it is at your own risk.

I cracked open the case on 1 avalon6  due to the blade I burnt up with over volt.  That no longer is under warranty.

I have the burnt one which is repaired it  was nov 24 out of warranty.
I also have a second one from nov 24  so dec jan feb. over 90 days that one is out of warranty.
I have 1 from markaz it was a nov model out of warranty.
I have 1 from 64demsions it was a nov model out of warranty.

I have the two from the group buys in jan and feb.

It might be impossible to tell... but I still am not going to tell them to void warranty and count on it not being able to tell.  That just is not me.  If you switch fan's you should consider warranty void if you still have them.  But your right more and more are becoming out of warranty due to time.

Yes they likely will not know... but I'm not suggesting doing it and counting on them not being able to tell.  But if out of warranty or don't care about warranty, sure go for it.
legendary

you do not need to open the case to change the fan.

I would say it is impossible to tell you put in a sanyo denki ace fan for the stock version 2 fan.

But as always swapping it is at your own risk.

I cracked open the case on 1 avalon6  due to the blade I burnt up with over volt.  That no longer is under warranty.

I have the burnt one which is repaired it  was nov 24 out of warranty.
I also have a second one from nov 24  so dec jan feb. over 90 days that one is out of warranty.
I have 1 from markaz it was a nov model out of warranty.
I have 1 from 64demsions it was a nov model out of warranty.

I have the two from the group buys in jan and feb.
legendary
Activity: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1456

I never really had that big of issue with sound with mine.   I ran 1 in my room for testing at first.   But mine I would say was quieter then my S5.  My S5 I did not like in my room.

But fan changing... void's warranty.  So I would make sure your out of warranty before doing this.  And if you get BlockC they do a good job with stickers to show if it's been open or not.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
1. How do you know which version of A6 you have? I understand there are 2 hardware revisions for A6, so how do you find out which version you have?

Another way to tell is hash rate, as the Rev 2's have a higher base rate - closer to 3.7 than 3.5.

2. Both of my A6 have hot spots on the bottom side. Is it okay to place it upside down? I think I can reduce the heat coming from the bottom side by directing forced air on it if it's placed upside down. Are there something innards that can fall from being placed upside down?

The reason I was told that they have a hot spot on the bottom is because the heat sink is closer to the case on the bottom - plus there's a pretty big open air cavity on the top.  Flipping them over probably wouldn't hurt, and might also help address the issue that hot air sometimes gets trapped in that upper area (because it doesn't have a clean air inlet that goes over the controller board), which can cause the controller to read higher temps than actual ambient.

And yes, those Sanyo Denki Ace fan's are sweet in terms of quality, price and performance!  I use them on all my PSU's as well...
legendary
legendary
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you philipma! You da man.

I guess there's nothing inside that can fall down if I placed A6 upside down. The fan in my A6 does not look like it's Delta, must be version 2 hardware then.
legendary
Two questions.

1. How do you know which version of A6 you have? I understand there are 2 hardware revisions for A6, so how do you find out which version you have?

2. Both of my A6 have hot spots on the bottom side. Is it okay to place it upside down? I think I can reduce the heat coming from the bottom side by directing forced air on it if it's placed upside down. Are there something innards that can fall from being placed upside down?

TIA

the fan on the older model is a delta.
the newer model is not.

I would say you could based on my disassembly of mine.  I have a link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13742867

the controller is the top it could go on the bottom.  your first number is the controller temp  like 30 or 35

when you turn it upside down  see if the first number stays under 42  as the controller will turn off at 45

you know the 35 68 67 

that = controller 1st board 2nd board
legendary
Two questions.

TIA
Pages:
Jump to: