Pages:
Author

Topic: Review of S.DICE - page 7. (Read 12258 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
January 08, 2013, 04:56:20 AM
If all I wanted to buy was S.DICE how much would I need to buy in order to make the mpex fee worth it vs using a pass through like on BitFunder or Havelock I wonder?

Doesn't make much difference currently. Seems on MPEX the price got pushed up, too. Assuming you had asked this a week ago: about 30 / (0.48-0.30) = 16700 shares. Today about: 30 / (0.478-0.46) = 1,500,000
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 08, 2013, 04:16:23 AM

But 30BTC for MPEX is a show stopper for many small investors.

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

I know.

thats cool....

I don't plan on putting more then 20BTC in S.DICE... all thanks to https://www.havelockinvestments.com/  Smiley

donator
January 08, 2013, 02:45:08 AM

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

Actually, small investors should probably stick with school.

Some big investors should be sent back to school.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 07, 2013, 06:55:12 PM

It's meant to be a show-stopper - they don't want to deal with small investors directly.  In fact, if you read Mircea Popescu's blog you'll know that the fee is going to increase over time.  Small investors are not their target market.  Deal with it.

Definitely...better to throw around 1,000 Bitcoins at a time when investing than testing the waters little by little with puny 5 Bitcoin investments  Roll Eyes

[/sarcasm]
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
January 07, 2013, 06:43:40 PM
Conduct your business any way you choose, but please don't state such utter nonsense as facts.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
January 07, 2013, 06:16:34 PM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2013, 06:12:51 PM

January 07, 2013, 05:56:13 PM
It will likely be off due to liquidity difference, but that works in either direction.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 07, 2013, 02:03:16 PM
havelockinvestment.com SDICE IPO sold out again. You can now use the well-done market there to buy from other havelock users or go to MPEX, of course, if you want satoshi dice shares.

havelock will issue another IPO in about 30mins!

i kinda wish they would let the price rise on their market b4 issuing another "IPO"
I want to trade S.DICE on the market!

Theoretically the price will never rise outside of a certain range from MPEX... If there's the demand we'll keep building the size of our passthru which will ultimately make trading SDICE on havelock more liquid.

Maybe after this round we'll hold off a few days to let things settle a bit.

Cheers,
 James

well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )
your marketplace allows everyone to get in on the action, this means price will FOR SURE be above MPEX.
MPEX is like the supplier of shares, that you and a hand full of others re-sale, so the market price will have a premium for sure.

Dood, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. S.DICE monthly volume is in the 40-50k BTC range. Math, srsly.

lol dude. you obliviously have more experience in this trading game...

are you saying havelock's new SDICE IPOs will have 0 efect to the exchange rate of MPEX SDICE.... lol
you wana bet havelock market will always be at least slightly higher then MPEX?  i do Grin

SDICE is a super good investment opportunity.
January 07, 2013, 01:01:21 PM
havelockinvestment.com SDICE IPO sold out again. You can now use the well-done market there to buy from other havelock users or go to MPEX, of course, if you want satoshi dice shares.

i kinda wish they would let the price rise on their market b4 issuing another "IPO"

Theoretically the price will never rise outside of a certain range from MPEX... If there's the demand we'll keep building the size of our passthru which will ultimately make trading SDICE on havelock more liquid.

Cheers,
 James

well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )
your marketplace allows everyone to get in on the action, this means price will FOR SURE be above MPEX.
MPEX is like the supplier of shares, that you and a hand full of others re-sale, so the market price will have a premium for sure.

Dood, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. S.DICE monthly volume is in the 40-50k BTC range. Math, srsly.
donator
January 06, 2013, 01:24:58 PM
well price did get bumped to 0.64 in-between 2 of the IPO's,  (this was ~ 40% above MPEX  Tongue )

I like to play this game, too: it can be extremely lucrative. But it wont work well in this case for the above-stated reasons... not before MPEX runs out of initial shares.

Of course havelock could exploit this situation for themselves and play a nice little game... but I doubt he/they will.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 06, 2013, 01:11:26 PM

Cheers,
 James

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
January 06, 2013, 12:45:12 PM

Cheers,
 James
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 06, 2013, 12:40:02 PM

donator
January 06, 2013, 07:33:32 AM
January 05, 2013, 05:40:25 PM

I don't think MPEX  allows the transfer of shares privately from one user to the other.

Of course it does, read the FAQ, its the PUSH command.

Excellent! I thought I saw it there somewhere!
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
January 05, 2013, 05:10:19 PM

Other than that, the market already naturally moved. Fortunately for BTC and I guess unfortunately for you, the move was away from "smooth" markets, whatever the heck that means.

January 05, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
i think it costs 30BTC just to open an account? and I don't know how to use their PGP thing...

It's worth pointing out that MPEx openly admit they use this strategy as a means of selecting their customer-base.  It's actually not unusual in the world of conventional financial services to target certain customers and exclude others from dealing with you directly by imposing minimum investment requirements, offering your product only to sophisticated investors, etc.

Not only is it commonplace, it's actually legally required in most jurisdictions.

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares.

IIRC this is how DeadTerra's passthrough works.

I don't think MPEX  allows the transfer of shares privately from one user to the other.

Insistently and persistently read the FAQ.

Other than that, the market already naturally moved. Fortunately for BTC and I guess unfortunately for you, the move was away from "smooth" markets, whatever the heck that means.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
January 05, 2013, 04:43:24 PM

Of course it does, read the FAQ, its the PUSH command.
January 05, 2013, 03:14:07 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback! The intent of the 95% being revisited every three months was to allow it to possibly be increased in favour of investors, not decreased. I should have been more clear on that. Ill update the description on the site shortly!

I've also got another update to post regarding the fund.. It'll go up shortly!

Cheers,
 James

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares. Then customers have the option to switch to that if MPEX ever switches to a pricing structure the customer can agree with (my opinion: MPEX is retarded, PGP is not a show stopper for me paying 30 BTC for an account is) or S.DICE sells shares on another exchange as well (May be a ADR on NASDAQ in a couple of years Wink).

Interesting idea! Ill take a look into that and work out some numbers. Doing a conversion like that (if even possible with mpex) would be a manual process so there'd likely have to be a fee associated with it.

Pages:
Jump to: