Pages:
Author

Topic: Review of S.DICE - page 8. (Read 12258 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 05, 2013, 01:53:59 PM
not sure why mpex.co makes it so god damn hard to trade...
and basically encourage passthru's

and I hope the market naturally moves to a "smooth platform" like havelock

Obviously, they don't mind it being difficult because it is simpler for them, makes the coding simpler and therefore easier to keep secure. The added bonus is that with pass-through brokers popping up, there is much less customer service for them to do, since only the people who actually know what they are doing use MPEx, the dabblers and tech un-savy send all the inane questions to the brokers.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 05, 2013, 01:35:48 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback! The intent of the 95% being revisited every three months was to allow it to possibly be increased in favour of investors, not decreased. I should have been more clear on that. Ill update the description on the site shortly!

I've also got another update to post regarding the fund.. It'll go up shortly!

Cheers,
 James

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares. Then customers have the option to switch to that if MPEX ever switches to a pricing structure the customer can agree with (my opinion: MPEX is retarded, PGP is not a show stopper for me paying 30 BTC for an account is) or S.DICE sells shares on another exchange as well (May be a ADR on NASDAQ in a couple of years Wink).

I don't think MPEX  allows the transfer of shares privately from one user to the other.

anyway its not important to me, the independent S.DICE market on havelock is sufficient.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
January 05, 2013, 01:27:30 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback! The intent of the 95% being revisited every three months was to allow it to possibly be increased in favour of investors, not decreased. I should have been more clear on that. Ill update the description on the site shortly!

Cheers,
 James

While you are on it please make the units (100 shares) convertible to actual shares. Then customers have the option to switch to that if MPEX ever switches to a pricing structure the customer can agree with (my opinion: MPEX is retarded, PGP is not a show stopper for me paying 30 BTC for an account is) or S.DICE sells shares on another exchange as well (May be a ADR on NASDAQ in a couple of years Wink).
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
January 05, 2013, 01:10:32 PM
Theirs more S.DICE Shares to be bought on havelockinvestments.com

but they are kinda over priced.... 0.48BTC for 1 unit (which represents 95 S.DICE shares)

... damn do i hit the buy button  Undecided

Not quite overpriced. 0.0048 is the largest wall on MPEx with 335k shares being sold...anything under that is sub 5,000 shares. At 0.48BTC a share, we're purchasing essentially everything under the .0048 mark and some of the .0048 (which is why the offering price is now .48 BTC per 100 shares).

well 1 unit = 100 shares that pay 95% of wtv MPEx pays the fund...
and the lil bit about this 95% being reviewed ever 3 months is kinda scary
I would like them to removed that and agree to give us at least 95% or 90% forever?

they make ~5% profit on the sell of the shares because they are at a slightly higher rate and they make 5% off ever dividend

that's fine, that's the cost of the pass through... but can't they agree to have that 95% fixed in stone?

Cheers,
 James
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 05, 2013, 12:01:36 PM

but they are kinda over priced.... 0.48BTC for 1 unit (which represents 95 S.DICE shares)

Not quite overpriced. 0.0048 is the largest wall on MPEx with 335k shares being sold...anything under that is sub 5,000 shares. At 0.48BTC a share, we're purchasing essentially everything under the .0048 mark and some of the .0048 (which is why the offering price is now .48 BTC per 100 shares).

well 1 unit = 100 shares that pay 95% of wtv MPEx pays the fund...
and the lil bit about this 95% being reviewed ever 3 months is kinda scary
I would like them to removed that and agree to give us at least 95% or 90% forever?

they make ~5% profit on the sell of the shares because they are at a slightly higher rate and they make 5% off ever dividend

that's fine, that's the cost of the pass through... but can't they agree to have that 95% fixed in stone?

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 05, 2013, 11:47:48 AM

Activity: 838
Merit: 501
January 05, 2013, 07:25:01 AM

PONZI! and not just any Ponzi, a low yield Ponzi...

its not bad returns... but like wtf do they do?

For being a ponzi they're pretty damn sustainable one (several of their funds returned beyond 100% on initial investment), they been running since 2007.

As for what BFRF does, you can find it here (scroll down): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/topics/127

It basically forwards 1% of Pyramining returns (while keeping anything beyond 1% for themselves).

Thank you Grant for the important explanation about us!

The Rock, as mentioned, has been in  the virtual business since year 2007.  We started in Second Life and we are now gradually moving into the Bitcoin world.

Among various activities we do have a Currency Exchange:

https://www.therocktrading.com/en/exchange/currency

As far as BFRF, it is a bond issued in BTC for a total of 1000 units.  It pays 1% fixed monthly return and it is tradable at our Stock Exchange at:

https://www.therocktrading.com/en/offers/BFRF

All 1000 btc are invested into Pyramining project:

http://www.pyramining.com/

from which we receive investment payments, we do provide insurance coverage for investors utilizing our referrals (https://www.therocktrading.com/en/pages/pyramining)  and buyback opportunity for those interested in getting out of the project.

Please note that we do reserve the right to call back the Bonds at 1 BTC per unit

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:  [email protected]

Thank you!

Activity: 210
January 05, 2013, 06:46:01 AM

For being a ponzi they're pretty damn sustainable one (several of their funds returned beyond 100% on initial investment), they been running since 2007.

As for what BFRF does, you can find it here (scroll down): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/topics/127

It basically forwards 1%/mo of Pyramining returns (while keeping anything beyond 1% for themselves).
legendary
Merit: 1002
January 05, 2013, 05:47:23 AM
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 05, 2013, 12:49:49 AM
Sending an order works like this : you clearsign your order (gpg --clearsign), then you encrypt the result with the exchange's public key (gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921). If you don't have that key try gpg --search-keys 'F1B69921'. The exchange answers with a signed message encrypted with your own public key, which you can decrypt at will. You don't have to use the web interface at all, you can POST directly to the script (via for instance curl).

If that didn't make any sense to you :

Open up a terminal. On Ubuntu you press Ctrl+Alt+T. On Os/X (Macs) you navigate to /Applications/Utilities and double-click on Terminal. In Windows you click Start > Run > cmd.exe.

Type gpg --clearsign, hit Enter. If it complains that it can't find gpg, you have to navigate to the directory where you have it installed. If you have ever identified with gribble you certainly have it installed. If you never did, aren't part of the WOT etc you should go get it right now. Trying to be part of a cryptocurrency without knowing how to use gpg is like trying to be part of the 60s without knowing how to use a bong. If you're on Windows this is a good place to start. Also make sure you read the documentation, for instance here.

Type your passphrases if prompted for it, hit Enter. Don't panic if nothing seems to happen and you just get a blinky cursor, this is RMS-style user interface.

Type your command for MPEx, such as STAT, then hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again. (On some systems such as Windows this might be Ctrl-z instead. Whatever EOF is on your system, that's what you need.)

Type gpg --encrypt --armor -r F1B69921, hit Enter.

If prompted for confirmation on whether to trust the key press y, hit Enter. This means you haven't signed the key, please do so (type gpg --sign-key F1B69921 hit Enter then gpg --send-key F1B69921 hit Enter.).

Paste the clearsigned message from before. Get the whole thing, don't just copy the signature block. It starts with "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----". Hit Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

Paste the gnarly result into the MPEx box, "Output as html" checked (it's checked by default).

Copy the resulting message.

Go back to terminal, type gpg, hit Enter.

Paste message, Ctrl-d and Ctrl-d again.

If prompted for passphrase type it in, hit Enter. It'll pop up your sig info, hit Ctrl-d.

At this point you are looking at the exchange's response. If it complains that you pasted mangled output you probably didn't correctly copy/paste things. If it doesn't complain then congratulations! You've made it.

omg this is crazy.... Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 05, 2013, 12:30:02 AM
i think it costs 30BTC just to open an account? and I don't know how to use their PGP thing...

It's worth pointing out that MPEx openly admit they use this strategy as a means of selecting their customer-base.  It's actually not unusual in the world of conventional financial services to target certain customers and exclude others from dealing with you directly by imposing minimum investment requirements, offering your product only to sophisticated investors, etc.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 05, 2013, 12:15:30 AM
not sure why mpex.co makes it so god damn hard to trade...
and basically encourage passthru's

and I hope the market naturally moves to a "smooth platform" like havelock
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 04, 2013, 11:59:50 PM
on havelockinvestments.com

Why not just use MPEx?

i think it costs 30BTC just to open an account? and I don't know how to use their PGP thing...
legendary
Activity: 1031
January 04, 2013, 11:57:49 PM
on havelockinvestments.com

Why not just use MPEx?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 04, 2013, 11:13:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 1031
January 04, 2013, 11:10:30 PM
30% return a year, assuming you don't reinvest and no growth (BTW, 150,000 coins bet in the first 3 days of this month vs. 530,000 all of last month).

Despite the threadjack, let's get back on topic to the hugely undervalued SD.

150k in 3 days compared to 530k last month which was relative to 180k in Nov.

Dec was up 190% over Nov. And Jan is 10% over and already 28% up on Dec's volume so it is on track to be up another 180%+ month over month.

Imagine if its another 3.2% luck month like Dec. That would be earnings of 48k and a dividend of 4,800BTC or 180% higher than Dec's.

Then, it could be a -% luck month!

Either way, it should be interesting.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
January 04, 2013, 10:06:38 PM
I'm thinking of buying some S.DICE shares,and so I'm trying to get an estimate of the bonds annual yield

100 shares = 0.001% of all shares
assuming dividend pay out of 1,000BTC / month to share holders = 0.01BTC dividend pay out / month for 100 shares
100 shares cost ~0.4, so an investment of 0.4BTC will yield 0.12BTC a year ~30% annual yield

not bad, eh?

should i hit the buy button?  Cheesy

my calculation are dead wrong.
their are actually 100,000,000 shares, 90% of which is held by the owner, 10% of which was sold as IPO

Based on current profits, 1000 shares will earn .0299 BTC monthly (0.3588 BTC yearly) which is roughly a 8.79% annual dividend yield at IPO prices.

not as HOT as i thought but still, a good place to park some coins  Smiley

Your math is still wrong.  Earnings are ~10,000/month on 530,000 betting volume.  Only 1,000/mo currently gets paid out to MPEX shareholders, since the float is 10% of total stock.

30% return a year, assuming you don't reinvest and no growth (BTW, 150,000 coins bet in the first 3 days of this month vs. 530,000 all of last month).

Also, you can't ignore the stock valuation growth.  In the last month the stock value has gone from 0.0034 to a peak of 0.0048 (41% gain).  Currently trading below .0048 for the moment, but that won't last long.

-Bug
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 04, 2013, 08:56:00 PM

https://www.therocktrading.com/en/funds/listdividends?id=RETF

they haven't paid out a dividend since like 14-Jul-2011! lol wtf...

That's RETF, which is a "marketmaker fund" that rarely flips a profit.

The one i mentioned is BFRF, not RETF. Has paid one each month since its IPO started (the total amounts are smaller in the beginning because less bonds were outstanding, but per bond amounts are always 0.01): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/funds/listdividends?id=BFRF
Company Prospectus
The Rock is pleased to introduce Bitcoin Fixed Return Bond.
You may buy on our exchange our bond at a nominal price of 1 bitcoin per unit.

We will pay a fixed monthly dividend of 1%

Total Issue: 1000 units (1000 Bitcoins)
Guarantee buy back at 0.97 Bitcoin cents

Activity: 210
January 04, 2013, 08:11:57 PM

That's RETF, which is a "marketmaker fund" that rarely flips a profit.

The one i mentioned is BFRF, not RETF. Has paid one each month since its IPO started (the total amounts are smaller in the beginning because less bonds were outstanding, but per bond amounts are always 0.01): https://www.therocktrading.com/en/funds/listdividends?id=BFRF
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 04, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

my calculation are dead wrong.
their are actually 100,000,000 shares, 90% of which is held by the owner, 10% of which was sold as IPO

Based on current profits, 1000 shares will earn .0299 BTC monthly (0.3588 BTC yearly) which is roughly a 8.79% annual dividend yield at IPO prices.

not as HOT as i thought but still, a good place to park some coins  Smiley

If its only about dividends/passive income, then you're getting a much better deal parking your coins in RCKE:BFRF ( https://www.therocktrading.com/en/offers/BFRF ) ±12% per annum paid monthly and they guarantee buyback at 0.97 (you risk ±3% to gain ±12% / year).

Pages:
Jump to: