Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner - page 10. (Read 34700 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
Well, I just got off of the phone with UPS. Mine originated from Springfield Gardens, NY. My boxes are 26-27lbs a piece, so I'm assuming I'm receiving 2 miners per box. Are you on the east coast or west coast?
I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.

Sounds a lot like as a distributor they got the miners early. Perhaps same time as the OP also
Got his say more or less on his evaluation unit and they have been mining the hell out of them as
The distributor.
What aggravates me the MOST is that it looks like we will get them around the end of Nov and about the same time as Bitmain would have sent the L3+.  I could have ordered from Bitmain and paid half the cost.  The only reason I ordered these was b/c we were promised fast shipping.  Won't make the same mistake again.

I am very sorry to hear this
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Well, I just got off of the phone with UPS. Mine originated from Springfield Gardens, NY. My boxes are 26-27lbs a piece, so I'm assuming I'm receiving 2 miners per box. Are you on the east coast or west coast?
I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.

Sounds a lot like as a distributor they got the miners early. Perhaps same time as the OP also
Got his say more or less on his evaluation unit and they have been mining the hell out of them as
The distributor.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Yes, ours says UPS Ground which I thought was a little odd, considering it's coming from China? I assumed it was being flown in through some cargo company and dispersed to UPS. I could be totally wrong.

I can't see where the label was originated. I mean BW.com had them listed as a reseller so I trusted them. My honest opinion is they are legit, but I think they are being used for a month and then shipped to us. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling. I'd like to think I am still going to receive our units.

Out of curiosity, what was the weight of your packages?

31.6 pounds for two miners and 2 PSUs (2 units per box).  It seems like they are sending the US miners to the west coast and then into delivery channels from there.  I think we will likely get them.  I just think it's going to be much longer than anticipated.  Please post with any additional details/questions.
Yes, ours says UPS Ground which I thought was a little odd, considering it's coming from China? I assumed it was being flown in through some cargo company and dispersed to UPS. I could be totally wrong.

I can't see where the label was originated. I mean BW.com had them listed as a reseller so I trusted them. My honest opinion is they are legit, but I think they are being used for a month and then shipped to us. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling. I'd like to think I am still going to receive our units.

Out of curiosity, what was the weight of your packages?
It included free shipping. I mean they have created the labels for all of our units, but haven't shipped them. It doesn't make sense, and they are blaming a 3rd party logistics company. I hope the tracking updates this week  Undecided

Don't know about yours, but our Fed Ex shipment also originates from Chino, California.  The miners are actually shipped from Shenzhen, China - so, not sure about the hoops there.
It included free shipping. I mean they have created the labels for all of our units, but haven't shipped them. It doesn't make sense, and they are blaming a 3rd party logistics company. I hope the tracking updates this week  Undecided
copper member
Clueless!
Notey,

We purchased quite a large quantity from them. I was given a couple of excuses on why they weren't sent out on October 31. I hounded them for tracking and finally received tracking on 11/07/2017. It says multiple packages and the weight its all correct. I am in the same boat as you. It just says "order processed: ready for UPS" Let me know if you get any updates on yours. We were hoping to buy on a monthly basis with Hyperbit since they promised 5-10 day deliveries every month. In their defense they have at least been responsive to my emails, but I gave them a lot of money and would like the products delivered on time!

I may be remembering this wrong. But thought these units, YOU had to do shipping? Why
I passed. I’m likely inncorrect, but it nags at me. Just in case FYI.
Notey,

We purchased quite a large quantity from them. I was given a couple of excuses on why they weren't sent out on October 31. I hounded them for tracking and finally received tracking on 11/07/2017. It says multiple packages and the weight its all correct. I am in the same boat as you. It just says "order processed: ready for UPS" Let me know if you get any updates on yours. We were hoping to buy on a monthly basis with Hyperbit since they promised 5-10 day deliveries every month. In their defense they have at least been responsive to my emails, but I gave them a lot of money and would like the products delivered on time!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Well, the power supply that was delivered with this miner and is included in this review, was a bad quality one.

I also needed to disassemble the miner, remove the motherboard that has the power connectors, and then send it for lightfoot for repair since he's got the skills and equipment needed for the replacement job.

eww that must smell ugly. I thought most PSUs have circuit-breakers that prevent such a literal meltdown.
How much will the whole repair-operation cost you ?

I'll report the cost when he has done his magic with it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Well, the power supply that was delivered with this miner and is included in this review, was a bad quality one.

I also needed to disassemble the miner, remove the motherboard that has the power connectors, and then send it for lightfoot for repair since he's got the skills and equipment needed for the replacement job.

eww that must smell ugly. I thought most PSUs have circuit-breakers that prevent such a literal meltdown.
How much will the whole repair-operation cost you ?
legendary
@notey
They have had few different batches with different shipping dates. Which batch did you guys buy?
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
Did HyperBit give this miner to you to review for FREE? Or did you actually buy it?

Not questioning your integrity, but as a reader of your review i'd like to know. Asking because I would personally be more inclined to give a better review to anything or anyone who gives me $2000+.
Please read the disclaimer in the very beginning of my review.
I bought the BW-L21 from BW.com.

Hyperbit was not involved at all in the time of this review.

We purchased 10 of the L-21s.  When we first ordered them, Hyperbitshop.io was only allowing 2 hours for a bank transfer to be completed or your order would be cancelled.  Because of this, we decided not to complete the order.  However, the CEO then e-mailed us and worked with us to accommodate a reasonable wire transfer time and also promised that if we ordered now, that he would personally make sure that the order was shipped by the end of October.  We decided to give the L-21s a chance (we already run the L3+s and have been very satisfied).  Now, Hyperbitshop has still NOT shipped our miners and we wait once again.  If I were anyone considering a litecoin miner... personally, I would stick with the Antminer product.  Less expensive and the service is no better, it seems.

Are you still in communication with the owner? 

Do you have any proof anything was ever shipped to you?

I also had someone contact me but it was so long after I wrote that I did not take it serious.
                                                                                                regards
legendary

Today I woke up and smelled some burned plastic in my apartment.
The worst wake up for a while.

I noticed that one of the 6-pin pci-e power cables had burned first, and then it had spread among them all.
The power supply goes straight to the recycling, I won't ever use it again.

I now bought a proper good psu this time, I should not have trusted anything less than a proper server grade psu to do the job.
I bought HP DPS-1200 FB A server power supply with breakout board and 16AWG 6-pin pci-e power cables.

Here are some pictures of the burnt components for those who are interested:
https://i.imgur.com/EPlLLfj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1hPFpNs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KFqlMG0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/o8R18L5.jpg
legendary
Did HyperBit give this miner to you to review for FREE? Or did you actually buy it?

Not questioning your integrity, but as a reader of your review i'd like to know. Asking because I would personally be more inclined to give a better review to anything or anyone who gives me $2000+.
Please read the disclaimer in the very beginning of my review.
I bought the BW-L21 from BW.com.

Hyperbit was not involved at all in the time of this review.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110

copper member
Clueless!
According to there Facebook page they have moved shipping forward to October 30th for the first batch so good news for anyone who bought one, see there most recent post: https://www.facebook.com/hyperbitshop/

They give any clue on the batch size..curious....from my guesses ..you can add this batch to the other 4 batches by bitmain in the wind (5 if they launch a batch this week)
at around 10k plus a batch..

my newbie dreams of mining in 2013 are repeating...betting on a price pump on scrypt pow to get me out this hole on scrypt pow miners (or at least keep it going)

I hate regressing to 2013 and newbie coin pump dreams to get me out of equipment jams....You'd think I'd moved past that..alas ...not so Sad

Activity: 236
Merit: 101
According to there Facebook page they have moved shipping forward to October 30th for the first batch so good news for anyone who bought one, see there most recent post: https://www.facebook.com/hyperbitshop/
Activity: 76
Guess it depends, touching wood my L3's are running fine so far.........
Pages:
Jump to: