Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner - page 5. (Read 34700 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 13
Anyone happened to have the firmware 2.9 that appax linked ?
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
Apax my miner stopped mining today , the miner still runs but its not mining , kinda lile cgminer is not running .

When you say ur miners aren’t working , what u mean exactly ? Not turning on at all or same issue as me ?
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Am I the only one who bought a ton of these miners and now have them laying around switched off cause they dont work and BW/hyperbit doesn't do anything?
Does anyone has any news regarding this?
You're gonna have a lot of bad shares with this miner anyway, one of the issues with them is that...
Was trying to mine some xvg on mining pool hub and the logs kept showing diffculty too low and i was getting lots of rejected shares thats why i was wondering how to calculate dfficulty
I always leave it on vardiff cause I don't know how to answer that.

but I have made the test on a pool that required me to choose from 2 different ports, leading to a below XXX and over XXX diff value, and the end result was the same amount of coins produced on each, so...
It is highly recommend to use an automatic difficulty setting,
but if you feel you must use a static difficulty then you can try using d=131072 or d=262144 .

For mining ltc i don't need to set difficulty but for other scrypt crypto i sometime need to thats why i was wondering how do people calculate what difficulty they should set given its not auto set by the pool
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
It is highly recommend to use an automatic difficulty setting,
but if you feel you must use a static difficulty then you can try using d=131072 or d=262144 .
Guys how do you calculate the proper difficulty with these miners ? Say i was connected to a pool that does not auto set the difficulty for you , how would i go about knowing what difficulty to set my miner

I looked on the web and can't find a guide .

Any idea ?
There's still no official release of the new firmware so I'll try to share it with you.
It's not as easy has the previous updates, but I've managed to do it with no problem having only a very basic knowledge of unix terminal.

These are the instructions I received via email from hyperbit:

Code:
1. You'll need sshpass and parallel installed on whatever machine (UNIX) the script is run on. Links below.
2. tar -xzf 2.9.0.tar.gz
3. cd 2.9.0
4. Edit ip.txt and specify the IP address of the machines you want to update (one per line).
5. ./run.sh

Note, there will be lots of output as each machine is updated.
Some of it may look like failures, this is ok and can safely be ignored.
The updater is built to work across many potential versions and tries to fix various things on the system.
Some of which may already be fixed, so the output reflects that.

Install sshpass: https://gist.github.com/arunoda/7790979
Install gnu parallel: https://www.google.com/search?q=install+gnu+parallel
If you're using Mac as me you'll need to install brew

firmware files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/indgp8nlnk3372s/2.9.0.tar.gz?dl=0
*please note it's my dropbox link, they sent it to me via email.
legendary
Hassfin I know you got a miner from them for free and in exchange you did a review.
This is not true,
I paid for the BW-L21 miner plus psu,
and only after that Ronald sent me the gear.

BITMAIN killed this little company ..  Grin
Definitely not dead, I’ll have something quite interesting in a few weeks Cheesy
That is exciting news! Thanks for sharing.
Loving the one Moonlander2 stick that I bought. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
BITMAIN killed this little company ..  Grin

Definitely not dead, I’ll have something quite interesting in a few weeks Cheesy
Activity: 182
Hassfin I know you got a miner from them for free and in exchange you did a review.
When a company comes out with a miner and asks more than $3000 / miner and later on is not adjusting their price the result is to shut down.

Don't forget that they got preorders they build miners and then they put them to mine for them. Nice !! mining with the clients' money !
At the end when they got many many complains they started to ship.

Today they are out of the game!

Even if they come out with something new no one will trust them again ! They can get a loan if they want not to mine with preorder money.
Don't forget how bitmain started ! They had everything in stock ready to go ! Good old times  Kiss Kiss Kiss
legendary
Every upgrade they have comes with different instructions. This last one requires to download the firmware file to my computer, have sshpass and gnu parallel installed on my computer and run a script that will copy the files to the asic...

I'm still waiting on the official release with the changeling, but so far I cant notice anything.

Okay, thanks for the information.
I stand corrected.

I wonder why they are changing the process with different firmware upgrade versions.
Every upgrade they have comes with different instructions. This last one requires to download the firmware file to my computer, have sshpass and gnu parallel installed on my computer and run a script that will copy the files to the asic...

I'm still waiting on the official release with the changeling, but so far I cant notice anything.
legendary
I did look at it but it says version 1.8 . I'm on 2.6 already so i'm assuming pasting what u wrote would not be an update ? am i wrong ?

Yeah in that case it would actually be an older firmware version.

The same upgrade instructions apply, but you would need to ask if Hyperbit or BW.com has a newer firmware version available than the version 1.8.
EDIT:

Okay, thanks for the information.
I stand corrected.

I wonder why they are changing the process with different firmware upgrade versions.

[/quote]

Please see my guide (chapter 11), I have posted how to do the firmware upgrade process.

[/quote]

I did look at it but it says version 1.8 . I'm on 2.6 already so i'm assuming pasting what u wrote would not be an update ? am i wrong ?

thats why i asked him how he did it .
legendary
How would i go about updating ? Any new features on that update ?

Please see my guide (chapter 11), I have posted how to do the firmware upgrade process.

Pages:
Jump to: