Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) Hotmine X5 upgrade kit for Antminer S1/S3/S5 - page 2. (Read 14461 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
it took almost two weeks for their replay after a couple of emails we exchanged before

they said that X6 upgrade cost 825 usd  and it could take 8 weeks to be delivered, becacuse they are waiting to get more orders, which is understandable

but after my last email to them - no response

If they want to get more orders together, I'm game.  I emailed them from their site and waiting for a response.  I realize this could be used to upgrade my C1s, and I have a pile of them.  So I could put in a big order for these if they work in an Antminer C1.  They should.  I think they are all the same boards and the C1s just had the water cooling blocks instead of the fins. 
Activity: 104
it took almost two weeks for their replay after a couple of emails we exchanged before

they said that X6 upgrade cost 825 usd  and it could take 8 weeks to be delivered, becacuse they are waiting to get more orders, which is understandable

but after my last email to them - no response
Activity: 161
Merit: 12
Has anyone received a reply recently?  Have all the parts except the x5 boards.  Am eager to build this.  If anyone has the x5 or x6 boards would be willing to buy at a good price.  

I've sent a request but haven't heard back yet.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
..you have to have the MicroSD card in the slot all the time?
Yes.
Activity: 86
@HagssFIN
So you have to have the MicroSD card in the slot all the time? It doesn't install anything on the BBB?
I've got about a hundred S5 Beaglebones if someone needs one.

I'm intrested in couple at least. Gonna put an order on a X5 kit today.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I've got about a hundred S5 Beaglebones if someone needs one.
legendary
@HagssFIN
Where do/did you buy your BBB?
I bought first one from the forum marketplace and now I bought a Beaglebone Black from Ebay for my second upcoming build.
Did anybody manage to order X5/X6 or contact the manufacturer lately?

I'm gonna try this week to place an order.
@HagssFIN
Where do/did you buy your BBB?
Activity: 32
Did anybody manage to order X5/X6 or contact the manufacturer lately?
legendary
As far as I know, they are pretty much hand full with work at the moment, so there might be delay with answer messages.

Hiring few guys more and updating the website to process orders more automatically would help them a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
The problem is they don't respond very much to any questions or even order requests, and nobody has really been able to get their hands on a heater unit even though many have inquired. Looks cool and possibly practical, though, hopefully these guys get their production and customer service up to speed soon.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
I'm surprised none of you have considered their heater-miners:
http://en.hotmine.io/heater-miner
could be a good substitution/addition to central heating,it can be used to heat pool water,etc. etc.
the price doesn't seem too high,the only problem-they are a Ukraine based company
problems with delivery and servicing as they do not provide any sort of warranty
legendary
I've tried emailing them, how can i place a order?

Use the contact form at the website http://en.hotmine.io/contact-us
legendary
I got forward with the order and another kit is on the way soon.  Smiley
legendary
Sorry, but I'm located in Finland, so that is a no-go.

But I do recommend contacting Hotmine and making your own order.  Smiley

I have not yet received an answer from Hotmine but I will update here.
Activity: 6
I've had so good time with the Hotmine X5 so far that I decided to make an order for one more kit.
Let's see if they have these babies available  Smiley

pm me if you can get a hold of an order, I'd like to order a kit for my s5 too. I contacted them and they  sent me a reply I couldn't understand, so If I could order one with you, and maybe use escrow or some thing? are you located in the USA?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
I've had so good time with the Hotmine X5 so far that I decided to make an order for one more kit.

I'm still interested to purchase a kit... winter is coming + BTC price had pumped, need less to purchase with BTC and mine them back.
Make more sense to buy now.

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: