Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) Hotmine X5 upgrade kit for Antminer S1/S3/S5 - page 4. (Read 14461 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 18
I wonder if there's anything that would fit a Gridseed G-Blade.  Boards are 276mm x 90mm x20mm.  The price and the wattage both seem kind of high, I was looking for something more like 50 watts per board (less chips).  The G-Blade's getting old too, and there were a lot made I think.  It earns about $0.20/day now.  Jumping from Scrypt to SHA256 would be OK I guess.

Some pictures of a single original board at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gridseed-5-2-6MH-G-blade-USB-miner-Scrypt-Miner-dogecoin-litecoin-mining-machine-Gridseed-Blade/1490096_32446230074.html
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Hi guys.
The price - $1000 for one pcs (1,15 kW, 7,5 Th/s).

These numbers are fair, it's good. I was not able to get higher than 8 Th with my (S)X6 at 13.4 V.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
Hi guys.

We based in Kiev and it is very far from war zone.

We will be really happy if somebody from Europe or even from USA will come to our place and will see our R&D facility with miners and other equipment. By the way, Kiev is very beautiful city Smiley

Next week we will get few dozens free (not prebooked) X6 upgrade kits and will contact with all who wrote us in PM or here.

Additionally I will be in NYC from 16th till 25th of May attending Consensus 2017. If you don`t want to buy with advance payment, I can take 10 upgrade kits with me, meet in person and sell you in NYC. You can choose somebody from the city to be escrow/intermediary and send BTC to him if you from other parts of US.

Please let me know if this acceptable for you and you want buy X6 upgrade kit in NYC. The price - $1000 for one pcs (1,15 kW, 7,5 Th/s).
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
The warzone in Ukraine is far more in east than where Kiev is located.

I think Hotmine is located in Kiev, since that is where my shipment was sent from.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
"Seems to me it would be easy to create a couple prototypes and send them to a few for review, then open up orders and not deliver. "

AM. can't bee very easy to do I have waited Gekkoscience upgrade boards for S1,S3,S5 many many months and they are not yet available. Have even send support hamburger money for many meals and still waiting.
I don't think that Bitfury sends samples if You just ask, pure SCAM easy prototype + scam hard.

Some kind civil war or Russian occupation going on in Ukraina so don't know how they can built miners there but at least anyone haven't asked any BTC for miners yet. Only 900 miles to Kiev so easy to make roadtrip and claim scam money back if target is known, I have seen many war zones in my life.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Careful guys! Why would a company be so busy preparing working boards to not even take the time for pr.  Who do they plan to sell to?  If not here, good luck I say. 
Seems to me it would be easy to create a couple prototypes and send them to a few for review, then open up orders and not deliver.
Been done many times here before.
I hope that's not the case and cool for the ones that received them but come on we want something to be true so bad and they may be feeding off of you for that.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Got a reply email for a X5. They said is ready to ship, ask me if I can pay in BTC.
No price or others details.

I asked if escrow service is acceptable.
I suggested OgNasty.

I'm not comfortable sending money out of the blue with no email reply or little.
They need to earn my trust first.

Interested but careful. 

legendary
I have sent many times "order" with contact form but I don't get any answers.
They have products but don't want to sell them??

Latest info that I know is that they should be able to take orderds in April-May time.
I don't know if they are still preparing for it.

Quote that I'm referring to:
Hi guys.
I`m Alex from Hotmine team.
Thank you for your feedback and interest.
Sorry that it is hard to reach us. Working hard to provide stable and well performing devices.
We will provide all info and start accepting orders soon in April-May.
You can left your orders on the website or PM me here so we can prepare our stocks.
How do we get our hands on that kit  damn it. Smiley
Contact them via the contact form at en.hotmine.io.

I have sent many times "order" with contact form but I don't get any answers.

They have products but don't want to sell them??
legendary
How do we get our hands on that kit  damn it. Smiley
Contact them via the contact form at en.hotmine.io.
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
By the way, check out the first three posts in this thread and updates by me!
I got the BB board in the mail, and the build is now ready. Smiley

You better cover the sidewalls with some rectangular pieces of plastic (like on original S5s). I guess the surface of PCB on the other side of the radiator should be cooled by the fans too.
Yeah thanks, this is a good suggestion and I must see how I would build it.
Perhaps some sheet metal cover.
This way I won't get any surprise with some part on the non-heatsink side of the  board getting too hot and suddenly failing.

How do we get our hands on that kit  damn it. Smiley
legendary

You better cover the sidewalls with some rectangular pieces of plastic (like on original S5s). I guess the surface of PCB on the other side of the radiator should be cooled by the fans too.
Yeah thanks, this is a good suggestion and I must see how I would build it.
Perhaps some sheet metal cover.
This way I won't get any surprise with some part on the non-heatsink side of the  board getting too hot and suddenly failing.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah  I would love to see this built into an s-3
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Hi guys.

Sorry that it is hard to reach us. Working hard to provide stable and well performing devices.

You can left your orders on the website or PM me here so we can prepare our stocks or ping me here.
Great news.
My X5 is running nice and stable so far.  Smiley

Ready to order 1x kit for my S5 Tongue
I also have an Antminer C1 I would like to upgrade after my first build.

legendary
Hi guys.

You can left your orders on the website or PM me here so we can prepare our stocks or ping me here.
Great news.
My X5 is running nice and stable so far.  Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
Hi guys.

You can left your orders on the website or PM me here so we can prepare our stocks.
I have sent two or three mails about X6, is it ready for order but haven't got any answer.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

Given how sharp the fins on the heat sink are, wearing gloves might be a good idea as well. Found that out long ago while doing a couple s1 > s3 upgrades...
Yup, I agree with you. That sheet metal will get you good if you do not protect yourself or use other precautions. I have some good scars from about 15 years ago fighting with a PC. I learned my lesson, but it took me two goes before I did. HaHa! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Great review HagssFIN! Thanks for going through the trouble.

There's something delicious about an Antminer running Bitfury chips Wink

I'm interested in the X6 upgrade but haven't been able to get their contact form to work.

Does anyone have an email for them? Hopefully they're really accepting orders.
Pages:
Jump to: