Pages:
Author

Topic: (Review/Guide) WhatsMiner M3 11.5 Th/s, 2000W Bitcoin (SHA-256) ASIC miner - page 9. (Read 33468 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
http://www.pangolinminer.com/ seems to be down. It only shows a blank page with the words "page ok"

Yeah, they have posted in Twitter that the website is in maintenance mode at the moment.

https://twitter.com/Pangolinminer/status/943551971235053569
Quote from: Pangolinminer
Web site under Maintenance, please visit later !

10.41  December 20, 2017

Let's hope they get the website fixed soon.  Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
http://www.pangolinminer.com/ seems to be down. It only shows a blank page with the words "page ok"
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb
Got 9 ordered.  For March batch though. I hope they send early like bitmain has been. Probably not. I'm looking forward to seeing how my new 240 service will handle the added 9.  I'll be at 85%!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bitcoin official pool also works well.
There is no 'official' Bitcoin pool. All of them are independently run. What pool are you thinking of?

Sorry maybe its my mistake address was  pool.bitcoin.com
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
There is no 'official' Bitcoin pool. All of them are independently run. What pool are you thinking of?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Slushpool and Kano works just fine.
Activity: 23
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-KVXfcwPESfkxQefCEEVrf_yJU-HcEZ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXqGIfpsO6b7pNfJsMGxWP_ulmdNPydS/view?usp=sharing

Testing of the M3 Air conditioned Room 24000BTU AC set to 20 Degrees Celsius.
Staying in South Africa it's summer so its hot now have a Turbine Ventilator in my Mini Farm also with 24000BTU AC.
This method of venting with AC ducting works great. The M3 Temps made no difference with the ducting but venting the heat works great less noisy as well.
All and all would say its an ok miner if the hashrate did not jump a lot would have been great have 4x and the all fluctuate drastically from 11TH/s to 13Th/s+
Do take caution what surface you put the Miner on, the bottom gets just as hot as the whole miner. raised the miner by placing 2x thin planks below each fan.
if you need a budget miner this is great but if you can get an S9 its well worth the extra cash.

P.S. this miner does not work on all mining pools so take caution before buying struggled my ass off to find a popper pool to mine after nicehash.
XNSUB seems to be enabled on the miners but causes wierd hash spikes maybe have to set a manual diff or something can anyone suggest the
recommended difficulty for BCH and BTC. or even suggest the pools you guys are running on would be great im currently at litecoin pool hashrate
seems most stable.

Thanks Guys.
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
Just a heads up. They will be taking orders 12/20/17 for Current, Feb, and March.Get em while you can! Goodluck!!!
Activity: 34
How air conditioning won't help? All Datacenters over the world are in closed rooms with air conditioning.

As long you have enough air conditioning power to cool the air, it won't be an issue. I think that a 24000 BTU air conditioning will be enough for 20000W (10 Whatsminer).

4 x 20000 = 80000 so how does  24000 cool down  80000?

answer it dont.

a watt is close to 4 btus

around 3.93 IIRC

So a 24000 btc ac  will not do trick for more then 3 x 2000 = 6000 x 4 = 24000

Wow. I'm not smart enough to do this calcs.  Grin

Maybe a 60k BTU (5kw/h * $0.1 (hydro) = $0.5/h * 24 = $12/day) could work.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=110.5&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=20000&CostPerkWh=0.1

He'll earn $277.63 a day. $12 is nothing compared to it.

My calculations are right?

In bitcoin mining it is more viable to create a good ventilation than to have a air conditioning solution.

Good intake and good exhaust fans  system.

Thinking on that, you're right. You'll just spend the money you'll make in more electricity. But maybe in the case of the friend who have the empty room could be better.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
How air conditioning won't help? All Datacenters over the world are in closed rooms with air conditioning.

As long you have enough air conditioning power to cool the air, it won't be an issue. I think that a 24000 BTU air conditioning will be enough for 20000W (10 Whatsminer).

4 x 20000 = 80000 so how does  24000 cool down  80000?

answer it dont.

a watt is close to 4 btus

around 3.93 IIRC

So a 24000 btc ac  will not do trick for more then 3 x 2000 = 6000 x 4 = 24000
legendary
In bitcoin mining it is more viable to create a good ventilation than to have a air conditioning solution.

Good intake and good exhaust fans  system.

Activity: 63
Merit: 1
These are hard to keep stable unless you have near zero room temp, lots of burned out power supply distributors and power chords, can’t get the temp below 85o Antminers in same room run at 54o

They are a bit cheaper but a bit harder work. Also use a fire proof room, no carpets etc, I can see these power units sparking at some point

Was a big fan of these but moving back to Antminers
legendary
Yes first make sure that you have the right infrastructure.

Windowless office doesn't sound like one, sorry.  Cheesy

And only after you have everything clear and planned out, then it is a good time to order some miners.
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
Yes, I understand that the hot air need to be ventilated out.

I have an empty office with AC but it is windowless. Am thinking of making use of the empty office by putting a mini farm there.

However, so far no luck with ordering miners and quite reluctant to wait for Whatsminer M3 March shipment. Plus the Xfers.io is still pending my account verification.  Huh

Once I have my hands on any miner, I will have problem getting the hot air out. So i might as well plan ahead and ask these questions first.

Thanks! Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!
legendary
Hi HagssFIN,

I don't have any miner yet, so I am just curious and ask it anyway :-

Say if I have a air-conditioned office with around 500 sqft and it is a enclosed windowless room. I have 10 miners sitting on a stainless steel rack and the room is cool around 20 degrees Celsius. The hot air from the miners have nowhere to go, but I have a standing fan blowing at the miners, is this scenario is not ideal for the miners?

What should i do? How can I improve it?

Forget the air conditioner, it won't help you.

You need fans to move cool air in and also fans to move hot air out.

If that is 10x WhatsMiners, then that will be a lot of hot air to be ventilated out.
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
Hi HagssFIN,

I don't have any miner yet, so I am just curious and ask it anyway :-

Say if I have a air-conditioned office with around 500 sqft and it is a enclosed windowless room. I have 10 miners sitting on a stainless steel rack and the room is cool around 20 degrees Celsius. The hot air from the miners have nowhere to go, but I have a standing fan blowing at the miners, is this scenario is not ideal for the miners?

What should i do? How can I improve it?

legendary
@Hagssfin

For my M3's I've ordered, I've decided to use a pdu(220) from the wall and 3ft 15 amp C14 to C13 cords
to the miners. How long are the "Stock" psu cords? I don't want to buy them too long for fear of overheating.

That is perfectly reasonable cable length, just make sure it is a good quality one and you are fine.

E011   
Slot-2 Zero HS 1620 seconds   
Zero HS Warning

after 1.5 hour i get this error try 3 different pool but can not connect any of them after i restart cgminer there is another warning says overheat 105 degree.  mining room temperature around 20 Celsius we have several D3 an L3+ none of them has problem but all m3 has same warning now and not connect to any pool. Anyone can help me ?

Sounds like there could be an issue ventilating the hot air away.
Pages:
Jump to: