Pages:
Author

Topic: Riots after Death of Man in Minneapolis Police Custody - page 21. (Read 4444 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
1. If he hadn't been manhandled by the cops, would he have died anyway?

Definitely not. Autopsy states that it was, partly, the resisting from police that caused death which was in combination with underlying conditions. So he did die because of police, however, if Floyd actually resisted, then police had every right to use submission tactics.

2. If he was Covid positive, is certainly will be called a Covid death.

Funny.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Update on Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chavin and other Officers:
Derek Chavin was fired from the Minneapolis police department and was arrested. He is charged with manslaughter and 3rd degree murder. The remaining 3 officers involved in the matter have been fired. Prosecutors are planning to bring forth charges on the remaining officers involved, highly doubt they'll stick though. So far, the other officers have scrubbed their social media accounts and have left town to avoid confrontation.

Autopsy Results on George Floyd Released:
So things get a bit hairy here. George Floyd did not die of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation which is what was considered to be the cause of death due to the knee on the back of the head. George Floyd died as a result of his resistance with police and underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report also mentioned that toxins in his system could have also contributed. It did not specify what type of toxins, most likely talking about drugs here (Autopsy Source) I am no lawyer by any means but it's going to be tough for any prosecution to argue murder in this case because according to the autopsy, the officer's knee on the back of the neck did not cause death and that his resisting from the officers did, combined with other health problems. An analogy would be if you were on meth and got arrested which caused your heart rate to sky rocket resulting in a heart attack. This wouldn't constitute as murder and it wouldn't constitute as manslaughter. In the case of George Floyd, if there was legitimate resisting coming from Floyd, a defense could make the case that submission tactics were needed to subdue the suspect and that, according to the autopsy, it was not the individual officer's actions that caused death.

Two thoughts:

1. If he hadn't been manhandled by the cops, would he have died anyway?

2. If he was Covid positive, is certainly will be called a Covid death.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Update on Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chavin and other Officers:
Derek Chavin was fired from the Minneapolis police department and was arrested. He is charged with manslaughter and 3rd degree murder. The remaining 3 officers involved in the matter have been fired. Prosecutors are planning to bring forth charges on the remaining officers involved, highly doubt they'll stick though. So far, the other officers have scrubbed their social media accounts and have left town to avoid confrontation.

Autopsy Results on George Floyd Released:
So things get a bit hairy here. George Floyd did not die of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation which is what was considered to be the cause of death due to the knee on the back of the head. George Floyd died as a result of his resistance with police and underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report also mentioned that toxins in his system could have also contributed. It did not specify what type of toxins, most likely talking about drugs here (Autopsy Source) I am no lawyer by any means but it's going to be tough for any prosecution to argue murder in this case because according to the autopsy, the officer's knee on the back of the neck did not cause death and that his resisting from the officers did, combined with other health problems. An analogy would be if you were on meth and got arrested which caused your heart rate to sky rocket resulting in a heart attack. This wouldn't constitute as murder and it wouldn't constitute as manslaughter. In the case of George Floyd, if there was legitimate resisting coming from Floyd, a defense could make the case that submission tactics were needed to subdue the suspect and that, according to the autopsy, it was not the individual officer's actions that caused death.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
There is a lot of pent up frustration with the naiton's history of police brutality and recent events that were never addressed.  Occupy, 2008, healthcare, mass shootings, and now a lack of readiness for COVID and a pathetic economic response to the depression where people got 1200 dollars and thats it.  We have 40 million unemployed and they didn't even increase food stamps.  People are hungry and upset.  

None of that justifies burning buildings and cars, let alone killing people. Stop justifying pointless violence, it will not solve anything and will just make matters worse.

Unemployed get $600+ a week with no strings attached, that buys a lot of food.

Be careful, you might get accused of being a conservative.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
There is a lot of pent up frustration with the naiton's history of police brutality and recent events that were never addressed.  Occupy, 2008, healthcare, mass shootings, and now a lack of readiness for COVID and a pathetic economic response to the depression where people got 1200 dollars and thats it.  We have 40 million unemployed and they didn't even increase food stamps.  People are hungry and upset.  

None of that justifies burning buildings and cars, let alone killing people. Stop justifying pointless violence, it will not solve anything and will just make matters worse.

Unemployed get $600+ a week with no strings attached, that buys a lot of food.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
-Hey baby, did you hear that those pigs killed some black guy again?
-Good news! I was about to get a new TV!

I get wasted on cheap wine during riots because black lives matter Smiley
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
Those protesters that just want to loot just need a dose of despotism, they just don't care they are just an opportunist. Poor Floyd you're not remembered by these so-called empathetic opportunists they're just blind for their own interests.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 2073
I have the feeling that these riots were deliberately provoked to impose a martial law regime in Minneapolis.

Shoplifting and the burning of other people's property is in no way connected to the murder of George Floyd and cannot be justified by police misconduct.
Merit: 269
I have so many many news about this in my feed, this is avoidable if they just make a swift action and arrest the officer who killed George Floyd they waited for the anger to boil, after the people find out that the investigations has no timeline, when it is an immediate concern, black people thinks that it's a death sentence being black and other races saw this as something that can happen to them.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
I am not black but I understand their pain and fear for their lives on how they are treated .

-Snip

-Snip
-Snip

nope i am 100% antiracist, those blacks that constantly demand stuff from other people playing the race card are the true racists,

why are people of other races like in greece forced to care for black migrants instead of their own children, the blacks try to achieve a global genocide with their begging, they want everyone to care about them but be lazy gangbangers themselves this way people of other race like for example in germany have constantly to care about black people instead of their own children,

the joke is that there is stil retarded left wing media in the west that still supports those racist savages and doesnt see the racism they are doing.

black people cannot be satisfied, they will always try to demand more, and if you throw a bunch of wolfpeople of crab people into their midst, they become discriminatory racists themselves.

an officer killing black people isn't something abnormal it is part of his jobs to hunt all types of criminals black white whatever, what you are begging for is to get rid of all police officers if they kill "black" people

and secondly the protesters commited a crime they punished all policemen for the supposedly crime/racism/brutalty of a single policemen, they generalised like racists one white policemen is racist so all must be racist.

i hope they will get an extreme punishement for their crimes. and racists like you will be block of spreading their nonsense.

PS: biden is a populist retard

What a nice way to show that you are 100% racist I mean anti racist we don't need to discuss anymore the way you defend yourself and point fingers to other is a great way to show how much you support it.
an officer killing black people isn't something abnormal it is part of his jobs to hunt all types of criminals black white whatever, what you are begging for is to get rid of all police officers if they kill "black" people
Sure if they are treated equal you could see in the picture a huge difference on how they handle it and look on the video if there isn't wrong on doing it?
He killed the man that isn't even fighting just asking to breath ?
I am not asking for to get rid of the police officer if they kill "black" people but if they abuse their badge why not?
You are defending it too much have you ever seen the video? do you really think that it is the right way to handle it?
They are asking to be treated equal not above anyone.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I know this thread is going to turn a bit spammy, but I'm still going to throw my two cents into it.

This is a truly horrible situation and that officer should be prosecuted with the full extent of the law. I do truly think that he committed Third Degree Murder (not 2nd or even 1st like some are saying) and what he did was despciable. His gross negligence led to the death of another individual. He didn't follow police protocol and that led to the death of another individual who was being arrested for a nonviolent crime - great reason for him to be fired (as he already has)

With that said though, I do not support violent rioting and destruction of cities across America. Fight for your rights, but fighting for those rights isn't burning down police cars and police stations. Protest, don't riot.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Pallets of bricks cached for the scheduled riots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM6RJksEAo0

Policeman and pizza flunky caught trying to get riots going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMovuimg98

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
And Trumps response to protesters are fueling them. How he tweeted about Washington protests is a bad omen for US.
He is a big kid with diaper and lollipop found himself ruling a big society. And everyone knows how much respect he has to "others" like black, Asian, latino... He doesn't give a shit until he gets criticized. He is the biggest moron and BELIEVE ME NO ONE KNOWS MORE THAN him that he is the biggest moron on earth.
Poor Floyd, hope he will find justice and his killer gets convicted for murder (will not happens).
legendary
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Is this some sort of collective catharsis after extended COVID-19 lockdowns?

At least half of these people will fall ill the next week or two unless they had already recovered from the virus.

A quarter won't even know they have it, and another quarter will die if unattended. The virus will spread greatly in these demonstrations, so when the demonstrators go back home, their families will become ill as well.

In the meantime they have about a week or two to protest as much as they can. To the world it looks like America is on a fire all over the place...

Perhaps Trump is also waiting for the virus to do its job?

Now these racial issues in America appear to have no end. All this segregation and discrimination is alien in many other countries.
IIV
Activity: 130
Merit: 16
There are many politics and internal as well external factors involved here. The death was just a terminus a quo.
And Trumps response to protesters are fueling them. How he tweeted about Washington protests is a bad omen for US.

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
here is a different tangeant for you to think about

in the past there have been white, asian and native americans that died due to police brutality. and no news was mentioned.

however. imagine if the 'agenda' is to try and keep the mindset that blacks are different than whites
heck. an agenda that blacks are etreated worse than native americans, muslims, mexicans
 by keeping the divide present by making the divide wider by highlighting things when 'it involves blacks'
the black lives matter for-profit group has lost alot of revenue not just due to lockdown. but due to media attention on muslims, native americans and mexicans.. so they need to rebrand and re dominate media

take the UK and the covid stats of deaths by ethnicity
back in march there was a big media thing that 'BAME are high risk of death'.  (black and Middle Eastern)
yet in that March stat
it was like 10k white and 2k BAME
where it was something like
80% white 4% indian 6% black and multiple small percentages for others

which if you look at the demograph of population is about the same. (80,4,6)

its not that there were 20k indian and 10k white. it was like 10k white and just 400 indian
yet 'equality' groups suddenly want to make ethnicity a thing to something thats not even racist.
a virus cannot tell skin colour. yet equality groups want to be victimised by covid as if they are being unfairly hurt by it.

im all for seeking out injustices and i hope that cop gets life in prison
but when the details are
the 4 cops involved were 2 white, 1 asian, 1 african american
shows its not a all white vs black thing

when the cop who actually kneed the head has a other ethnicity professional partner. and a wife that is mixed race too. it makes it less about a black vs white thing.

to me. its a abuse of power/ cop brutality issue.
the cop if worried the guy would get up and run. should have just hand cuffed his ankles.
no cop should knee a head. and definetly not for a minute or even 8minutes

next time cops should hand cuff ankles.. that way its safer for all involved
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373

listening to people is wrong in my oppinion because the people are corrupt and greedy, and they destroy all goodness to the general group (communism) for their personal gain (capitalism)

This is possibly the biggest reason why people don't put you and me on ignore. If they did, somebody might think they were listening to you... a people.

Sorry to hear about the fact that you don't have any money, because you are not capitalistic. Are you posting from the library computer... playing with the capitalism of other people rather than being capitalistic yourself? When did the library open back up from the pandemic?

Cool

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
We don't need no stinkin' cops to protect us... except from ourselves.

So in a sense, you agree to a no authority type of environment or in political context, an anarchy type of society.  Given a situation that there is no one that would enforce authority except ourselves, what about those who cant do that (people who cant defend their homes because they only have a knife and the looters have an AR-15). Do those people who cant protect themselves deserves to be looted? Do Target corporation deserve what happened to one of their branches because of the riot?

such an environment will not exist, its not possible, there is always a pyramid of power, in whatever form. besides all worthly authority is false anyway ultimately god is in power.

I do not mean to insult or disrespect in any way but lets not put religion in the equation. I am just arguing on the statement that he gave and the sources that he provided. I certainly agree upon your claim that such environment would not exist. We need authority for the better good of the society. Although from what this incident has brought, authority was abused and should be voiced out. 

well trying to build the perfect state doesn't work because people abuse that mindset and destroy that state sooner or later like we can see with europe and the us.

listening to people is wrong in my oppinion because the people are corrupt and greedy, and they destroy all goodness to the general group (communism) for their personal gain (capitalism)

Activity: 980
Merit: 62
We don't need no stinkin' cops to protect us... except from ourselves.

So in a sense, you agree to a no authority type of environment or in political context, an anarchy type of society.  Given a situation that there is no one that would enforce authority except ourselves, what about those who cant do that (people who cant defend their homes because they only have a knife and the looters have an AR-15). Do those people who cant protect themselves deserves to be looted? Do Target corporation deserve what happened to one of their branches because of the riot?

such an environment will not exist, its not possible, there is always a pyramid of power, in whatever form. besides all worthly authority is false anyway ultimately god is in power.

This is how the world is built and it cannot be changed.
We are a lot of masses with different opinions so we have to give authority to some - a minority - in order to make everyone follow the same rules. The point is that they will not overdo it by forcing people to do things without their willing.
Pages:
Jump to: