Pages:
Author

Topic: Riots after Death of Man in Minneapolis Police Custody - page 17. (Read 4444 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 182
Not sure where you are getting these stats from

I bet that's correct. I was pointing out the absurdity of tecshare's focus. Its not a "white vs black" thing so much as "cops vs black" thing.

Take a look at what happened to George Floyd: we both can agree it shouldn't have happened. What do the white vs. black stats have to do with what happened to him?

FBI ucr data (the most complete compilation of US crime data)

Eh... close but not quite. It's a "cop vs criminal" thing. No cop cares about the skin color of the person fighting with them.

Tony Timpa.  That should be all the information you need to upset your apple cart. This whole BLM "movement" or outrage is built on a flat out lie, and perpetuated by a political strategy

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
You can see the problem right here in this thread with white people whitesplaining how black people are treated.  Instead of listening to POC, they preach their own perspective and then cover their ears and pretend systemic racism is not a thing.  Even the statistics are racist but you hadn't thought that far.  Laws exist and are enforced differently on different people and different areas.  

White kids do drugs at a higher rate and it never gets reported as "crime".   Black kids do drugs at a lower rate but police stop and frisk to catch every single person on the street with drugs.  Those crimes get reported and then black neighborhoods (holdovers from segregation) end up with higher statistical crime rates.  These stats are used as a reason to send more police and violence into these neighborhoods.  Police officers and departments are often underpaid and corrupt.  Since they can operate with complete impunity, they  participate in organized crime and make deals with gangs or drug lords.  Once planted with a felony, police have the DA and judges in their pockets and get a conviction so that person can never function legally in society again.  Eventually, everything spirals out of control like South Chicago.  

Police unions control everything because so much money is in the police departments .  They bully politicians and DA, and dump money into elections.  Defunding the police would make things a lot better.

Ah, here comes Captain Postmodern to bail out Nutilduhh by being even more insane and retarded to distract everyone from the box they have painted themselves into. By whitesplaining, you mean looking at actual statistics? Ah I see, math is racist. DECOLONIZE SCIENCE! Oh, I see your statistics aren't racist, but ours are.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people like you and Nutilduuuuhhh will go to in order to craft your own reality. It is like watching a man so fat he can barely walk, walk into a McDonald's. You want to tell him to stop, he has had enough, but you know he is just going to keep destroying himself anyway. You are that fat man, and his fat ass is your atrophied and indoctrinated mind refusing to look at anything but the McSpecial. No wonder the left are so fond of censorship. Who wants to be reminded they are killing themselves while they enjoy their 3rd Big Mac?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I don't think you understand this issue.

Go take a walk through the 5th Ward in Houston(predominately black ghetto), then come back and tell us what you learned.

Wait...you wouldn't even get out alive...

I would happily stroll through there on foot and most likely nobody would say shit to me as they are just ordinary people trying to live their lives like anybody else. Unlike you, I don't live my life in fear of minorities.

Probably the worst thing about your comment is it has absolutely zilch to do with issue at hand.

People like you and techy think you're making an argument but really all you are doing is repeating your opinion that "black people are bad."

As somebody who moved to a country that is arguably more dangerous than the U.S., it's not me that desperately needs to explore the outside world -- it's you guys.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
You can see the problem right here in this thread with white people whitesplaining how black people are treated.  Instead of listening to POC, they preach their own perspective and then cover their ears and pretend systemic racism is not a thing.  Even the statistics are racist but you hadn't thought that far.  Laws exist and are enforced differently on different people and different areas.  

White kids do drugs at a higher rate and it never gets reported as "crime".   Black kids do drugs at a lower rate but police stop and frisk to catch every single person on the street with drugs.  Those crimes get reported and then black neighborhoods (holdovers from segregation) end up with higher statistical crime rates.  These stats are used as a reason to send more police and violence into these neighborhoods.  Police officers and departments are often underpaid and corrupt.  Since they can operate with complete impunity, they  participate in organized crime and make deals with gangs or drug lords.  Once planted with a felony, police have the DA and judges in their pockets and get a conviction so that person can never function legally in society again.  Eventually, everything spirals out of control like South Chicago.  

Police unions control everything because so much money is in the police departments .  They bully politicians and DA, and dump money into elections.  Defunding the police would make things a lot better.  

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Go take a walk through the 5th Ward in Houston(predominately black ghetto), then come back and tell us what you learned.

I would happily stroll through there on foot and most likely nobody would say shit to me as they are just ordinary people trying to live their lives like anybody else. Unlike you, I don't live my life in fear of minorities.

Probably the worst thing about your comment is it has absolutely zilch to do with issue at hand.

People like you and techy think you're making an argument but really all you are doing is repeating your opinion that "black people are bad."

As somebody who moved to a country that is arguably more dangerous than the U.S., it's not me that desperately needs to explore the outside world -- it's you guys.

No, I am saying it is ok to be white. You are saying white people are bad. You then reply, "no Police are bad, and it is because of systemic reecism!" The subtext of what you are REALLY saying is white people are bad. This is why this 100% factual statistic upset you so much, because it shows the reality of who is victimizing who, and it contradicts your narrative of a Nazi behind every rock and bush. PopoJeff did an exceptional breakdown of the statistics. You are the camera man in the original image I posted.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Arguably is the key word. It's not a country vs country issue. It's certain areas.

And you're welcome to SAY you'd stroll through them, but I've lived in them and been through them numerous times. Kind of know what I'm talking about...
legendary

Take a look at what happened to George Floyd: we both can agree it shouldn't have happened. What do the white vs. black stats have to do with what happened to him?

And what really needs to change in order to decrease the chances of that kind of thing happening in the future? Less media coverage? I don't think so.

Go take a walk through a predominately black ghetto on Friday night, such as the 5th Ward in Houston, Compton in Los Angeles, or certain areas of South Dallas, Chicago, etc...

Then come back and tell us what you learned.

Wait...you wouldn't even back get out alive...

legendary
Based on his numbers... theres 6x more white than black in the overall population. But black are shot dead 3.65x more than whites, by police.  (Stop here if this fits your narrative and narrow view of the subject)

Now, if you want to see the entire picture (and the truth).... factor in that 1.4% of the population (black males aged 18-35) is responsible for 50% of ALL violent crime (rape, murder, robbery).  So if 50% of police investigations/responses are being solicited by 1.4 % of the population, how more likely are that 1.4% to be subject to police interactions?  I'm sure there's a math whiz here that can figure it out.

Not sure where you are getting these stats from but it sounds like you are doing the exact same thing you have accused me of doing.

Let's see.... 50% of police interactions are with black males 18-35.  50% are with all other races, sexes, age groups. But yet MORE whites die than black.  Oops, there goes your narrative.

And then if you really want to dig deeper, you can find statistics that will break down the race of the involved officer, and you'll find out black officers are more likely to shoot than white officers.

I bet that's correct. I was pointing out the absurdity of tecshare's focus. Its not a "white vs black" thing so much as "cops vs black" thing.

If you think Police racism is the issue the media has made it... Ive got some oceanfront property in Colorado to sell you.

The problem is not that the media has made it an issue. It was a long-standing issue that the media picked up on. If it wasn't a problem, the media wouldn't have picked up on it. Instead of blaming the problem on a conspiracy within the media, perhaps examine the root of the problem, which is systemic racism that has plagued the country for centuries.

And what really needs to change in order to decrease the chances of that kind of thing happening in the future? Less media coverage? I don't think so.
Activity: 1459
Merit: 973
#FACTSMATTER  Grin

Activity: 1459
Merit: 973
#IRONMIKESAYS

legendary

Wholly irresponsible use of statistics. First of all, the subject highlighted by the media and this thread is police deaths of African Americans, not "white on black crime." Here's a more accurate breakdown of the issue:

Police shootings of white people in 2019: 370
Police shootings of black people in 2019: 235

White people as % of US population: 72.4%
Black people as % of US population: 12.6%

Police shootings of white people / % of population: 5.11
Police shootings of black people / % of population: 18.65

This means that black people are, on average, shot to death by police 3.65x more than white people. That is the problem.

Second of all, your graph conveniently leaves out a couple of bars.

White on white violent incidents: 2,224,024 (62.1%)
Black on black violent incidents: 396,450 (70.3%)

Also, going by the same population statistics, black people are 10% less likely to report incidents to the survey than white people (yes, the reported incidents come from a survey).

Wholly irresponsible use of statistics. First of all, the subject highlighted by the media and this thread is police deaths of African Americans, not "white on black crime." Here's a more accurate breakdown of the issue:

Police shootings of white people in 2019: 370
Police shootings of black people in 2019: 235

White people as % of US population: 72.4%
Black people as % of US population: 12.6%

Police shootings of white people / % of population: 5.11
Police shootings of black people / % of population: 18.65

This means that black people are, on average, shot to death by police 3.65x more than white people. That is the problem.

Second of all, your graph conveniently leaves out a couple of bars.

White on white violent incidents: 2,224,024 (62.1%)
Black on black violent incidents: 396,450 (70.3%)

Also, going by the same population statistics, black people are 10% less likely to report incidents to the survey than white people (yes, the reported incidents come from a survey).

Anyone remember my post above stating that people stop looking at a subject when they find the statistic that fits their narrative?    

Here is an example.

He found the statistic that fit his narrative, and then ceased to continue evaluating the totality of the circumstances.  

Based on his numbers... theres 6x more white than black in the overall population. But black are shot dead 3.65x more than whites, by police.  (Stop here if this fits your narrative and narrow view of the subject)

Now, if you want to see the entire picture (and the truth).... factor in that 1.4% of the population (black males aged 18-35) is responsible for 50% of ALL violent crime (rape, murder, robbery).  So if 50% of police investigations/responses are being solicited by 1.4 % of the population, how more likely are that 1.4% to be subject to police interactions?  I'm sure there's a math whiz here that can figure it out.
  Let's see.... 50% of police interactions are with black males 18-35.  50% are with all other races, sexes, age groups. But yet MORE whites die than black.  Oops, there goes your narrative.

And then if you really want to dig deeper, you can find statistics that will break down the race of the involved officer, and you'll find out black officers are more likely to shoot than white officers.

If you think Police racism is the issue the media has made it... Ive got some oceanfront property in Colorado to sell you.

And we haven't even touched on the subject of how many of those killed by Police were active deadly threats or were engaged in violently attacking officers.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
Is this really how black people are being treated in the US? There are not many black people ( I'd say its less than 1% ) in the conutry I live in so to I'm unable to understand this madness.

No. Basically it's entirely political gaming. The Floyd George thing was a weird, bizarre incident.

Having said that, there are situations that are unjust. But nowhere, is the world going to be a fair place.

The morphing of peaceful protests into rage and violence was orchestrated by anti-American domestic and international forces.

Right now in the USA the Democrats are struggling to form a platform for the 2020 elections, and to keep the black community supporting them for the 2020 elections.
Is this really how black people are being treated in the US? There are not many black people ( I'd say its less than 1% ) in the conutry I live in so to I'm unable to understand this madness.

It is not nearly an accurate representation of the truth. It's a political game the leftists play with the media in thier pockets, and always seems to flare up and become a new headline during an election year.

There are laws, policy, and training in place for every one of these incidents.  Far more white people are killed by police than any other race. 99.999% of all incidents are justified by law. And the one's that aren't, appropriate action is taken.  
   The problem is within the race culture itself. The leftist politicians have made the black race think they are, and will always be the victims.  When a black man dies while attacking police, the whole black community lowers themselves to the level of the criminal, and cries for "justice" for the criminal.  Most other races have a more level headed approach and see the criminal who fought or attacked police as just a criminal, rather than playing the race card.

Then politicians and leftist extremist come up with catchy phrases, such as "UNARMED BLACK MAN.", but when you look at the actual cases individually a little deeper.... you'll find the label 'UNARMED" does not always mean they did not pose a deadly threat.  80% of the UNARMED black men killed by police this year were actually actively attacking the police quite violently.  
  You'll find maybe 2 truly unjustified deaths per year, out of a population of 330 million.

Then they try to throw statistics at you, and they stop evaluating statistics when they find the one they want.
  Even though more whites are killed by police interaction than blacks, they'll then throw out a justification of "well, blacks only make up 24% of the population", so they say blacks are more likely to die at the hands of police than whites, based on the make up of the overall population.  They stop there.... without evaluating one of the most important data points..... that approx 50% of ALL violent crime (murder,rape,robbery,assault) is committed by 1.4% of the overall population, being black males age 18-35.    1.4% of the population is responsible for half of all violent crime, and of course, would have a much greater probability of dealing with the police than the average citizens.
    Take Mr Floyd for example. A violent career criminal in and out of jail for 2 decades. Arrested at least 10 times. He went from having a 100% successful arrest outcome, to now only having a 90% successful arrest outcome.   Don't you think he's rolling the dice every time he commits a crime?  One of these times, he's bound to find a cop that'll do something wrong.  He's increased his odds by constantly creating the police interaction.  The police didnt go looking for him, the were called to investigate him for a crime.

But the political powers that be, want you to look at a particular talking point, and not the big picture. Also a great distraction from other political issues going on at the same time.  Has anyone in the media even mentioned that Hillary Clinton lost and appeal and has to testify regarding Obama-era corruption?   Nope, nothing to see her folks.... look at the 0.0000002 % thing over there.
Activity: 197
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373

Sounds like the authority of being law enforcement gives you a big power trip, even when you're off the job.

Cool

Not in the least.  I'm probably the most reasonable guy you'll ever meet.

But I don't really like to waste too much of my time debating with people like you.  I can explain truth's til I'm blue in the face, and you'll come back with some common-man nonsense you read somewhere on the internet.

And that's a real shame, because if anyone believes the nonsense you spew, they're at risk of being injured. They will think they can debate with a cop on the side of the road, "you can't do that !" "You can't arrest me"......  and we've all seen how that turns out.  

Roughly 90% of the convictions are void judgments. Why? Because to get a valid judgment, you have to have 4 things:
1. The accused;
2. The accuser;
3. An injury of some sort;
4. A witness.

The cop on the stand is the witness. But the State or city (the accuser) never gets on the stand, "viva voce," so there is no accuser. And, in most cases, there was no injury or even threat.

Check court cases, laws and rules of court. You will find that even if the judge, the attorneys, the plaintiff and defendant all agree that they can get rid of one or more of the 4 requirements, they STILL can't drop one of them. They have to all be there, just to hear the case in court.

So, we have roughly 90% of void judgments. Check out what it means to have a void judgment. Almost all the courts are kangaroo courts, because they don't have all of the 4 requirements.

That's where you come in, nice guy Judge Dredd. Since the courts almost never can get a legal conviction, you gotta do the dirty work.

Cool
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
Also what happened in this case likely had nothing to do with the killer being a police officer. Most likely the killer knew the victim and did not get along with the victim. In other words, this was likely a personal dispute if local reports are to be believed.

I read the same reports. Allegedly a worker of the nightclub spoke out that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other and butt heads in the past but even if they knew each other, to prove intent you need to know exactly the thoughts Chauvin had while he placed his knee on the back of Floyd's neck. Floyd was resisting arrest so submission tactics wasn't unwarranted, but he was extremely negligent for not turning Floyd over on his side after the cuffs were on and they gained control.

I'm sure more information will come out and verify if there truly was conflict between the two but if a 19 year police veteran actually intended to kill George Floyd over a petty personal dispute and throw his life way, throw the book at the guy and let him rot in prison.
Pretty much no matter what, what happened was murder any way you look at it. If they butt heads, this pretty much proves it wasn’t racism, IMO.

My statement about resisting arrest was in general and not in reference to Floyd. Floyd was already restrained and no longer resisting.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Also what happened in this case likely had nothing to do with the killer being a police officer. Most likely the killer knew the victim and did not get along with the victim. In other words, this was likely a personal dispute if local reports are to be believed.

I read the same reports. Allegedly a worker of the nightclub spoke out that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other and butt heads in the past but even if they knew each other, to prove intent you need to know exactly the thoughts Chauvin had while he placed his knee on the back of Floyd's neck. Floyd was resisting arrest so submission tactics wasn't unwarranted, but he was extremely negligent for not turning Floyd over on his side after the cuffs were on and they gained control.

I'm sure more information will come out and verify if there truly was conflict between the two but if a 19 year police veteran actually intended to kill George Floyd over a petty personal dispute and throw his life way, throw the book at the guy and let him rot in prison.

So you never heard of innocent until proven guilty? Too many cop-Hitlers play the part of Judge Dredd.

I'm not saying your job is easy. In fact, it is hard. Take what appears to be a criminal down when he is doing wrong, yet don't hurt him, because your Judge-Dredd mentality might be wrong, and you'd be harming an innocent man.

Get him to court where he can let the jury decide. That's the law of the land, though most people don't know how to enforce it.

Cool

Doesn't change my original statement regarding the difference in arrests depicted in the meme.

Exactly what I'm talking about.

It's apparent from your post that you think that I have your password. If I were in a position where you could reach me, you'd probably Judge Dredd me right on the spot, rather than try to show how I damaged you in court.

Cool

If you say so.    That little world inside your brain must be an amazing thing to see.

Sounds like the authority of being law enforcement gives you a big power trip, even when you're off the job.

Cool

Not in the least.  I'm probably the most reasonable guy you'll ever meet.

But I don't really like to waste too much of my time debating with people like you.  I can explain truth's til I'm blue in the face, and you'll come back with some common-man nonsense you read somewhere on the internet.

And that's a real shame, because if anyone believes the nonsense you spew, they're at risk of being injured. They will think they can debate with a cop on the side of the road, "you can't do that !" "You can't arrest me"......  and we've all seen how that turns out. 

Pages:
Jump to: