Pages:
Author

Topic: risk in hodling and trading strategy - page 2. (Read 26390 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 100
June 12, 2019, 11:49:14 AM
trading risk and risk holding more risk hold, because if you hold it you can hold the coin that you hold will run delist so it will make you loss if coin mean too long.
I think that depending on what coins we hold if we hold coins that don't have the potential to grow I think we will lose, but if we hold coins in the top 10 coinmarketcap I think there will be no loss and will get a profit.
trading requires more risk because if the wrong anticipation and wrong analysis will easily experience losses in trading
Activity: 358
Merit: 29
ASO Service
June 12, 2019, 07:23:47 AM

Trader

Good trader have loved coins that he checked fundamental and trade on them. He is trying to buy low and sell high. When trade is not going how he planned it he sells. He don't w8 for coin to hit bottom to panic sell, he tries to sell on the rise. His risk is set by him by stoploss which is set in his trading strategy. And it depends on time period he is investing in and expected profits. He don't fallow pump and dump.

Time period:

When trader see good buy opportunity on 1d candles he has to set stoploss lower, he takes bigger risk then but possible profit is bigger.
When he sees opportunity on 5 min candles he can set stoploss even 0,5% under buy point risking only 0,5% of his investment.

Trader is taking known risk each time he enters trade and this risk i related to expected profits. When trades are not going well he can stop trading, lock money into bitcoin or usd and change strategy. Hodler takes unknows risk - up to 100% - for unknown profit. With hope that his analysis was good and data wasn't faked. He also don't have chance to learn to invest because after first buy decision there is only hodl

I agree with you. But in this message you write risks for newbies. Will a newbie be able to trade so successfully from the very beginning? I do not think. Can he have as much patience as is necessary to gain experience? Few can. Often invested in well-known coins, not in ICO.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
June 12, 2019, 04:36:55 AM
In terms of investment, you can not guess exactly what strategy will work better and therefore set a specific goal and fix the profit, because it happens that the project can simply become bankrupt
Activity: 1134
Merit: 103
June 11, 2019, 11:41:14 PM
Thank you for the advice, this is very useful for me, and I am a person who prefers to trade coins rather than holding them for too long

For trading, you need to have many altcoins in your portfolio. If the market is red, there is a chance that some of your alts can stay green, and you can deal with them. Additionally, it is possible trading during the bear market.

Yes, you need to choose the coins perfectly in the market because without research it is impossible to find potential about the companies and their development. Researching about the coons is a good deal which has the ability to increase the price along with the market recovery.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
June 11, 2019, 11:09:40 PM
Thank you for the advice, this is very useful for me, and I am a person who prefers to trade coins rather than holding them for too long

For trading, you need to have many altcoins in your portfolio. If the market is red, there is a chance that some of your alts can stay green, and you can deal with them. Additionally, it is possible trading during the bear market.
but it would be better to choose the altcoin in the top ranking. so that it will have a smaller risk. besides, don't forget to invest in the safest coin, bitcoin, to maintain the stability of our assets

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
June 11, 2019, 12:34:51 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 10
June 11, 2019, 02:45:00 AM
There is a strategy between trading and hodling: You can hodl  part of your gains from trading..  For me this is the best strategy.
Another good advice is to divide your capital into at least two parts - you can try trading with one and hodling with another.
And then you can decide which strategy fits you better

Each one will follow a different strategy in order to trade or hold their coins according to the market situations. Of course, there are some coins that we to hold them in the market for the long term and there is some coin that we need to trade them on a daily basis. Everything depends on the strategy he is following.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
June 10, 2019, 06:02:41 PM
There is a strategy between trading and hodling: You can hodl  part of your gains from trading..  For me this is the best strategy.
Another good advice is to divide your capital into at least two parts - you can try trading with one and hodling with another.
And then you can decide which strategy fits you better
Activity: 316
June 09, 2019, 10:17:03 AM
Activity: 630
June 09, 2019, 09:41:47 AM
only by carrying out a very strong analysis of all the projects that interest you, will it be possible to count on some results.  Even if in 2017 some company showed very good results, it does not mean that after the market collapses in 2018, this company will again show the best results as before.  Many analysts have expressed that the majority of such companies can leave the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat
June 07, 2019, 02:25:48 PM
for experienced traders, daily trading brings a fairly high income.  But we must take into account the fact that there are great risks here that only professionals can foresee.  To avoid big problems, of course it is better to act on the old strategy, And this is a long-term investment.  In any case, the cryptocurrency market is still not in very good condition and, in one way or another, promising coins will increase in price not only 10 x, but 100 x and more.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Being an hodler is risky when you are hodling a new token i think,being an hodler of a established coin like ETH,LTC,WAVES,BCC,BTC is alot safer because they are on the business for a long time already and showing good prices and improvements.There still a risk but just a small one.But risk on being a hodler is so much compared to being just a trader
for the coin coins you mentioned above, for me it's better to hold them in the long run. not without risk, but the coin is the top coin that already has good trust, so it is a potential coin for the long term
Activity: 315
Merit: 12
Being an hodler is risky when you are hodling a new token i think,being an hodler of a established coin like ETH,LTC,WAVES,BCC,BTC is alot safer because they are on the business for a long time already and showing good prices and improvements.There still a risk but just a small one.But risk on being a hodler is so much compared to being just a trader
Of course in any business there is a risk, especially crypto money which has very fast price fluctuations. One strategy that is widely applied by investors is HODL, because it is the safest choice for people who are less intelligent in analyzing daily trading.
But the application of HODL requires large capital, but it also requires patience because we don't know when crypto prices rise. About coin options, it's better to look for those who already have large trading volumes such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB or Litecoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
The risk in holding is more less than available in trading because if you hold your investment for the long time that tension and pressure will be relieved in your mind but in trading it will continuously happening in sometimes the decision made was gone wrong that's why I am saying this.
Activity: 462
trading and holding is depend on market, before trade and hold we should observe market. for that we can use many sources. if the market is stable it had better trade and earn money. rising of alt-coin can expect when stable market. if the market is not stable it will be difficult to trade because we can not guess rising or falling but the thing is in rising as well as in falling we can trade positively but it is very risky.
Activity: 403
Merit: 257
April 27, 2019, 05:10:56 AM
thats why its suggested that we only invest what we can afford to loose because hodling is a risky game and its advisable to choose the coin wisely.
Of course we all know that. "Invest what you can afford to lose".
you didnt loose money once the market start to decline but as long as you still hodl your coins  .
yeah good point. If the market goes bear, you'll lose the original value of your investment that's why sometimes you'd better off trading.
we don't know for sure.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
April 27, 2019, 03:26:06 AM
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
April 27, 2019, 03:12:34 AM
HODLing means you hold that assets for quite sometime, not exactly how long but you hold.

there are actually two types of hodling  . one is short term where you only hodl for a day or two  and the other one is long term where you basically hodl for a month or a year   .

The risk is if that assets you hold goes in bear trend for a long time and not showing any signs of bouncing up. You'll lose your money if that happens.
So be careful what tokens you should be hodling.

thats why its suggested that we only invest what we can afford to loose because hodling is a risky game and its advisable to choose the coin wisely  . you didnt loose money once the market start to decline but as long as you still hodl your coins  .
Activity: 403
Merit: 257
April 27, 2019, 03:05:03 AM
HODLing means you hold that assets for quite sometime, not exactly how long but you hold.
The risk is if that assets you hold goes in bear trend for a long time and not showing any signs of bouncing up. You'll lose your money if that happens.
So be careful what tokens you should be hodling. You'd better off trading assets that's much safer, for me i guess. You'd profit double than hodling, of course you'd lose double also.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
April 27, 2019, 02:24:53 AM
I can't hold anymore once the market get red it shown that all altcoins have a chance to decrease on their prices so for those holders make sure that they can take the risk of it.
The essence of holding is to wait for the price to increase and to sell at a good profit.
When I hear the world hold, it's like holding for long term, we have our term in crypto which is HODL, and you can successfully do that
if you have faith in the coins you are holding, no matter it was dump, like bitcoin it will also recover and will give you a good price.
Pages:
Jump to: