Pages:
Author

Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon! - page 2. (Read 18583 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 27, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

Been waiting since 4 FEB and still awaiting.
cannot wait to see the beta rollout.

me to. i see more and more oppertunities everytime i log in on an exchange.
and because of the vast possibilities created by so much coins and exchanges there shouldn`t be any problem with saturation.
as long as pricing isn`t unreasnable. we all can make a nice profit and jon will be drowning in customers and making a reall killing on this.

this is just what i`ve been waiting for for sooooooo long lol
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
March 27, 2014, 03:18:20 AM
great! i love how you provide regular updates.
keeps people excited for your product Smiley

Been waiting since 4 FEB and still awaiting.
cannot wait to see the beta rollout.
March 25, 2014, 10:09:15 AM
great! i love how you provide regular updates.
keeps people excited for your product Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 25, 2014, 04:01:14 AM
Will HackLang.org help you speed up and be a little bit more productive?

Not really unfortunately.  I've already did a bunch of tests with HHVM and the overhead is way too big with all the threads running.

I made some great progress on the API tonight though, and should be finished with the internal API within a day so progress is picking back up Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 24, 2014, 08:15:54 PM
Will HackLang.org help you speed up and be a little bit more productive?
March 24, 2014, 12:27:52 PM
3-24-14

Checking in to the thread.  I had a very busy weekend and had to work 12 hours shifts all weekend, so I've been a little scarce for the last few days.

Effort right now is being put into the internal API system.  For security reasons, the website its self will not have access to the database.  Instead, it will communicate with a backend server (which is completely isolated from the Internet on a VPC) via a secure internal API that has strict control over what kind of information the web server has access to.  I'ts going to eat up some development time in other areas, but it's important to have the security portions done correctly right from the beginning to ensure the security of user data.

Another area I have been poking around with is the User Interface.  Right now I'm torn between using standard tools like JQuery and JQWidgets (I hate programming in Javascript, so using these would mean hiring out for more work to be done on the interface), and between using a completely custom UI (meaning that the UI is a custom program with all components rendered on a canvas, including text boxes and other standard UI items - more so like a video game).  There are pros and cons to each.  Here is a quick list of the pros and cons of both.

JQuery/JQWidgets
PROCON
  • Industry standard libraries
  • many programmers available to hire
  • Very fast and attractive interface
  • Skinnable via CSS

• Standard HTML UI elements are a security risk
  • Javascript is not my strong point, I would hire out
  • Bugs in JQuery/JQWidgets would be out of my control

Custom UI
PROCON
  • Full control over features and appearance
  • I can use a language I'm very fluent in
  • Skinnable via custom graphic files
  • I could use the same base for web via HTML5 and/or Flash, iPhone, Android and desktop UI options
  • Super high security

• Would likely take a little more time
  • Not likely to be as fast as standard UI components, as each one is rendered as a graphic (20 FPS target)
  • Not industry standard

So as you can see, weighing these two options is not very easy.  I want to take the project in the right direction so I need to be sure that I make the right choice.  Throughout the week I'll be experimenting with a little of both to help in the decision making (and any feedback from the community considered as well)

Lastly, I know it's a bit early but I've been doing some experiments with porting the framework over to compiled C++, which is not only way faster than interpreted PHP, but will also lower costs in the long run due to being lighter on provisional resources.  This is a very long term thing though, I would finish the framework in PHP first and start serious work on the port only after Rollerbot is up and running (think of it as the "next generation" product).

That's about it for now.  Just wanted to give an update on where things are.  I should be able to put a good dent into the internal API and user registration/login system this week!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
March 24, 2014, 05:49:58 AM
Just reading through, looks good. Will keep an eye on it.
March 24, 2014, 05:31:59 AM
Any updates?
i cant wait to get my hands on this and try it out.
so much possibilities!
March 20, 2014, 10:13:26 PM
This looks good! i'm already using a few other bots and would love to beta this

let me know!

Which ones are you using? Are they good?
Activity: 641
March 20, 2014, 06:11:20 PM
This looks good! i'm already using a few other bots and would love to beta this

let me know!
Activity: 102
March 19, 2014, 08:23:33 PM
Can I try out the beta please ?

Thanks
March 19, 2014, 07:07:05 PM
If you need anything to speed it up, please give a shout-out!
March 19, 2014, 06:15:19 PM
3-19-2014

Nothing too big to report.  Most of my time has revolved around getting the web server set up so that I can get the interface back up and running, then improve on it.  This is pretty important, as without this step I can't finish the front-end services (user plugins running, authenticated queries, etc)

Thanks again to all showing their support. Progress has been slower than expected, but things are still progressing Smiley
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
March 19, 2014, 01:33:13 PM
Please add me to the beta test list as well.
March 18, 2014, 07:15:26 PM
If everything works out as expected then this one could be the best one yet!
March 18, 2014, 07:10:44 PM
This looks great! i would love to be a part of beta testing.

and the ability to have packages for limited exchanges and coin paires available is awesome!
you  would need a lot of coins to fund over 150 currencies at 20 exchanges.
and you need a lot of time to manage all those pairs and the arbitrage an all. that would simply be to much to handle for me and i guess most of us.

if this works as good as you discribe it will, you got an instant subcriber here!

Activity: 17
Merit: 1
March 18, 2014, 04:59:56 PM
Looks very promising! Will the pricing depend on the volume of trades? It would be very unfair to charge the same monthly amount to the small miner/investor as to the big whales!

Please also add me to the list of betatesters!
Activity: 70
March 18, 2014, 12:16:03 PM
This looks really interested, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Shouldn’t this thread be in Project Development though?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcrea.com
March 17, 2014, 12:19:05 PM
just awesome work you're doing! I'm really excited to try it once you'll release a beta! can't wait!
March 17, 2014, 12:59:08 AM
3-17-2014

Today I sent emails out to Cryptsy, Btc-e, Bter, Coinex, Coins-e, Crypto-Trade, Vircurex, Bittrex, AnxBTC/AnxPro, Bitstamp and Poloniex requesting that the Rollerbot IP address be whitelisted.  This should help avoid interruptions in service in the future, as well as make them aware of why this IP address sends so many requests.

I will update the thread with the status of these requests.

[Edit] Heard back from ANX (AnxBTC and AnxPro).  They have accepted the whitelist request.
[Edit] Heard back from Bittrex.  They have accepted the whitelist request
Pages:
Jump to: