Pages:
Author

Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon! - page 4. (Read 18583 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 06, 2014, 07:49:45 PM

I am very happy to test it. Do you have any performance stats so far? This looks like an incredible system.

I did a lot of benchmarking of the system when I had it running as a personal project, and the results were astounding (making decisions at 10 second resolution across 6 exchanges at 5-10 markets per exchange with very little processor usage).  Things have changed considerably though now that I have started making the platform scalable.  For example, database queries may be a bit slower due to higher load from having multiple users, while at the same time there will be a nice speed-up from having common API calls shared among multiple users.  With that in mind, I can't really predict yet what the performance gain/hit will be from the recent changes until I get things back to a state where I can do new benchmarks.  I do however expect the performance to be on par with what I experienced running it as a stand alone system for myself, and early tests so far seem to support this as well.

The next couple weeks will tell a lot now that the backend system is running and I can see how the newly separated frontend services run.  I'll definitely be sharing my results here either way as I progress
Activity: 259
March 06, 2014, 03:49:40 PM

I am very happy to test it. Do you have any performance stats so far? This looks like an incredible system.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 06, 2014, 04:13:29 AM
i am happy to see your feeling better.  I'm feeling pretty awful myself today.   Have you given me a virus lol.  Tongue
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
March 06, 2014, 03:34:58 AM
I'm ready to help you test. Please let me know when to start ...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
March 05, 2014, 08:34:55 PM
That is allot of exchanges I need to join.  Shocked
Good to hear you are feeling better.
March 05, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
Daily update, 03-05-2014
Current SVN revision: 522
Number of source code files: 171
Lines of Code: 70,759
Supported currencies: 140
Code:
42,ALF,ALP,AMC,ANC,ARG,ASC,AUR,BCX,BEN,BET,BFC,BOC,BQC,BTB,BTC,BTE,BTG,BTQ,BUK,CACH,CAP,CASH,CAT,CDC,CENT,CGB,CIN,CLR,CMC,CNC,COL,CPR,CRC,CSC,CTM,DBL,DEM,DGC,DMD,DOGE,DRK,DTC,DVC,EAC,ELC,ELP,EMD,EUR,EXC,EZC,FFC,FLO,FRC,FRE,FRK,FST,FTC,GDC,GLC,GLD,GLX,GME,GRW,HBN,HYC,I0C,ICN,IFC,IXC,JKC,KGC,LBW,LEAF,LK7,LKY,LOT,LTC,MAX,MEC,MEM,MEOW,MINT,MMC,MNC,MOON,MST,NAN,NBL,NEC,NET,NIB,NMC,NOBL,NRB,NUC,NVC,NXT,ORB,OSC,PHS,PPC,PTS,PWC,PXC,PYC,Points,QRK,RCH,RDD,REC,RED,RPC,RYC,SBC,SMC,SPT,SRC,STR,SXC,TAG,TEA,TEK,TGC,TIPS,TIX,TRC,UNO,USD,VLC,VTC,WDC,XJO,XNC,XPM,YAC,YBC,ZCC,ZEIT,ZET
Supported markets: 276
Code:
42-BTC,ALF-BTC,ALP-BTC,ALP-LTC,AMC-BTC,AMC-LTC,ANC-BTC,ANC-LTC,ARG-BTC,ARG-LTC,ASC-BTC,ASC-DOGE,ASC-LTC,ASC-XPM,AUR-BTC,AUR-LTC,BCX-BTC,BEN-BTC,BET-BTC,BET-LTC,BFC-BTC,BOC-BTC,BOC-LTC,BQC-BTC,BQC-CNY,BQC-LTC,BTB-BTC,BTB-CNY,BTC-BTC,BTC-CNY,BTC-EUR,BTC-RUR,BTC-USD,BTE-BTC,BTG-BTC,BTQ-CNY,BUK-BTC,CACH-BTC,CAP-BTC,CASH-BTC,CAT-BTC,CAT-DOGE,CAT-LTC,CDC-BTC,CENT-CNY,CENT-LTC,CGB-BTC,CGB-LTC,CIN-BTC,CLR-BTC,CMC-BTC,CMC-CNY,CNC-BTC,CNC-CNY,CNC-LTC,COL-LTC,COL-XPM,CPR-LTC,CRC-BTC,CSC-BTC,CTM-BTC,CTM-DOGE,CTM-LTC,DBL-LTC,DEM-BTC,DEM-LTC,DGC-BTC,DGC-CNY,DGC-LTC,DMD-BTC,DOGE-BTC,DOGE-CNY,DOGE-LTC,DRK-BTC,DTC-BTC,DTC-CNY,DVC-BTC,DVC-CNY,DVC-LTC,DVC-XPM,EAC-BTC,EAC-DOGE,EAC-LTC,ELC-BTC,ELP-BTC,ELP-LTC,EMD-BTC,EUR-BTC,EUR-RUR,EUR-USD,EXC-BTC,EXC-CNY,EZC-BTC,EZC-LTC,FFC-BTC,FFC-DOGE,FFC-LTC,FLO-BTC,FLO-LTC,FRC-BTC,FRC-CNY,FRC-LTC,FRE-BTC,FRK-BTC,FRK-LTC,FST-BTC,FST-LTC,FTC-BTC,FTC-CNY,FTC-LTC,GDC-BTC,GLC-BTC,GLC-LTC,GLD-BTC,GLD-LTC,GLX-BTC,GME-LTC,GRW-BTC,HBN-BTC,HYC-BTC,I0C-BTC,ICN-BTC,ICN-LTC,IFC-BTC,IFC-CNY,IFC-DOGE,IFC-LTC,IFC-XPM,IXC-BTC,JKC-BTC,JKC-LTC,KGC-BTC,KGC-LTC,LBW-BTC,LEAF-BTC,LK7-BTC,LKY-BTC,LOT-BTC,LOT-DOGE,LOT-LTC,LTC-BTC,LTC-CNY,LTC-EUR,LTC-RUR,LTC-USD,MAX-BTC,MAX-CNY,MEC-BTC,MEC-CNY,MEC-LTC,MEM-LTC,MEOW-BTC,MEOW-LTC,MINT-BTC,MINT-CNY,MMC-BTC,MMC-CNY,MNC-BTC,MOON-BTC,MOON-DOGE,MOON-LTC,MST-LTC,NAN-BTC,NBL-BTC,NEC-BTC,NET-BTC,NET-CNY,NET-LTC,NET-XPM,NIB-BTC,NMC-BTC,NMC-CNY,NMC-LTC,NMC-USD,NOBL-BTC,NOBL-DOGE,NOBL-LTC,NRB-BTC,NUC-BTC,NVC-BTC,NVC-USD,NXT-BTC,NXT-CNY,NXT-LTC,ORB-BTC,ORB-LTC,OSC-BTC,PHS-BTC,PPC-BTC,PPC-CNY,PPC-LTC,PPC-USD,PPC-XPM,PTS-BTC,PTS-CNY,PWC-BTC,PXC-BTC,PXC-LTC,PYC-BTC,Points-BTC,QRK-BTC,QRK-CNY,QRK-LTC,QRK-XPM,RCH-BTC,RCH-LTC,RDD-BTC,RDD-LTC,REC-BTC,REC-LTC,RED-BTC,RED-CNY,RED-LTC,RPC-BTC,RYC-LTC,SBC-BTC,SBC-LTC,SMC-BTC,SMC-DOGE,SMC-LTC,SPT-BTC,SRC-BTC,SRC-CNY,STR-BTC,SXC-BTC,SXC-DOGE,SXC-LTC,TAG-BTC,TAG-CNY,TAG-DOGE,TAG-LTC,TEA-BTC,TEA-DOGE,TEA-LTC,TEK-BTC,TGC-BTC,TGC-LTC,TIPS-CNY,TIPS-LTC,TIX-CNY,TIX-LTC,TIX-XPM,TRC-BTC,UNO-BTC,UNO-DOGE,USD-BTC,USD-RUR,VLC-BTC,VLC-LTC,VTC-BTC,VTC-CNY,VTC-DOGE,VTC-LTC,WDC-BTC,WDC-CNY,WDC-DOGE,WDC-LTC,XJO-BTC,XNC-BTC,XNC-LTC,XPM-BTC,XPM-CNY,XPM-LTC,YAC-BTC,YAC-CNY,YAC-LTC,YBC-BTC,ZCC-BTC,ZCC-CNY,ZEIT-BTC,ZEIT-DOGE,ZEIT-LTC,ZET-BTC,ZET-CNY,ZET-DOGE,ZET-LTC

Not a bad day again (feeling quite a bit better finally).  Mostly just work on verification testing  Here is the current status of the verifications:
Cryptsy: Fully tested
BTC-e: Fully tested
BTer: Fully tested
Vircurex: All good except for an issue getting trades. See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5527803.  Hopefully they fix it soon.
Coins-e:  All good except for a small problem with their listorders API method.  I have reported the bug to them.
Coinex: Fully tested
Bittrex: All good except for a small bug I found with their market/getopenorders method.  It has been reported as well. Edit: Heard back from them, it will be fixed within a day!

Moving forward I'm going to put some energy into the website and user registration and work on getting the frontend services running
March 04, 2014, 10:11:20 PM
Daily update, 3-4-2014
Current SVN revision: 458
Number of source code files: ---
Lines of Code: ---
Currencies Supported: 147
Code:
42,ALF,ALP,AMC,ANC,ARG,ASC,AUR,BCX,BEN,BET,BFC,BOC,BQC,BTB,BTC,BTE,BTG,BTQ,BUK,CACH,CAP,CASH,CAT,CDC,CENT,CGB,CIN,CLR,CMC,CNC,COL,CPR,CRC,CSC,CTM,DBL,DEM,DGC,DMD,DOGE,DRK,DTC,DVC,EAC,ELC,ELP,EMD,EUR,EXC,EZC,FFC,FLO,FRC,FRE,FRK,FST,FTC,GDC,GLC,GLD,GLX,GME,GRW,HBN,HYC,I0C,IFC,IXC,JKC,KGC,LBW,LEAF,LK7,LKY,LOT,LTC,MAX,MEC,MEM,MEOW,MINT,MMC,MNC,MOON,MST,NAN,NBL,NEC,NET,NIB,NMC,NOBL,NRB,NUC,NVC,NXT,ORB,OSC,PHS,PPC,PTS,PWC,PXC,PYC,Points,QRK,RCH,REC,RED,RPC,RYC,SBC,SMC,SPT,SRC,STR,SXC,TAG,TEA,TEK,TGC,TIPS,TIX,TRC,UNO,USD,VLC,VTC,WDC,XJO,XNC,XPM,YAC,YBC,ZCC,ZEIT,ZET
Markets Supported: 272
Code:
42-BTC,ALF-BTC,ALP-BTC,ALP-LTC,AMC-BTC,AMC-LTC,ANC-BTC,ANC-LTC,ARG-BTC,ARG-LTC,ASC-BTC,ASC-DOGE,ASC-LTC,ASC-XPM,AUR-BTC,AUR-LTC,BCX-BTC,BEN-BTC,BET-BTC,BET-LTC,BFC-BTC,BOC-BTC,BOC-LTC,BQC-BTC,BQC-CNY,BQC-LTC,BTB-BTC,BTB-CNY,BTC-BTC,BTC-CNY,BTC-EUR,BTC-RUR,BTC-USD,BTE-BTC,BTG-BTC,BTQ-CNY,BUK-BTC,CACH-BTC,CAP-BTC,CASH-BTC,CAT-BTC,CAT-DOGE,CAT-LTC,CDC-BTC,CENT-CNY,CENT-LTC,CGB-BTC,CGB-LTC,CIN-BTC,CLR-BTC,CMC-BTC,CMC-CNY,CNC-BTC,CNC-CNY,CNC-LTC,COL-LTC,COL-XPM,CPR-LTC,CRC-BTC,CSC-BTC,CTM-BTC,CTM-DOGE,CTM-LTC,DBL-LTC,DEM-BTC,DEM-LTC,DGC-BTC,DGC-CNY,DGC-LTC,DMD-BTC,DOGE-BTC,DOGE-CNY,DOGE-LTC,DRK-BTC,DTC-BTC,DTC-CNY,DVC-BTC,DVC-CNY,DVC-LTC,DVC-XPM,EAC-BTC,EAC-DOGE,EAC-LTC,ELC-BTC,ELP-BTC,ELP-LTC,EMD-BTC,EUR-BTC,EUR-RUR,EUR-USD,EXC-BTC,EXC-CNY,EZC-BTC,EZC-LTC,FFC-BTC,FFC-DOGE,FFC-LTC,FLO-BTC,FLO-LTC,FRC-BTC,FRC-CNY,FRC-LTC,FRE-BTC,FRK-BTC,FRK-LTC,FST-BTC,FST-LTC,FTC-BTC,FTC-CNY,FTC-LTC,GDC-BTC,GLC-BTC,GLC-LTC,GLD-BTC,GLD-LTC,GLX-BTC,GME-LTC,GRW-BTC,HBN-BTC,HYC-BTC,I0C-BTC,IFC-BTC,IFC-CNY,IFC-DOGE,IFC-LTC,IFC-XPM,IXC-BTC,JKC-BTC,JKC-LTC,KGC-BTC,KGC-LTC,LBW-BTC,LEAF-BTC,LK7-BTC,LKY-BTC,LOT-BTC,LOT-DOGE,LOT-LTC,LTC-BTC,LTC-CNY,LTC-EUR,LTC-RUR,LTC-USD,MAX-BTC,MAX-CNY,MEC-BTC,MEC-CNY,MEC-LTC,MEM-LTC,MEOW-BTC,MINT-BTC,MINT-CNY,MMC-BTC,MMC-CNY,MNC-BTC,MOON-BTC,MOON-DOGE,MOON-LTC,MST-LTC,NAN-BTC,NBL-BTC,NEC-BTC,NET-BTC,NET-CNY,NET-LTC,NET-XPM,NIB-BTC,NMC-BTC,NMC-CNY,NMC-LTC,NMC-USD,NOBL-BTC,NOBL-DOGE,NOBL-LTC,NRB-BTC,NUC-BTC,NVC-BTC,NVC-USD,NXT-BTC,NXT-CNY,NXT-LTC,ORB-BTC,ORB-LTC,OSC-BTC,PHS-BTC,PPC-BTC,PPC-CNY,PPC-LTC,PPC-USD,PPC-XPM,PTS-BTC,PTS-CNY,PWC-BTC,PXC-BTC,PXC-LTC,PYC-BTC,Points-BTC,QRK-BTC,QRK-CNY,QRK-LTC,QRK-XPM,RCH-BTC,RCH-LTC,REC-BTC,REC-LTC,RED-BTC,RED-CNY,RED-LTC,RPC-BTC,RYC-LTC,SBC-BTC,SBC-LTC,SMC-BTC,SMC-DOGE,SMC-LTC,SPT-BTC,SRC-BTC,SRC-CNY,STR-BTC,SXC-BTC,SXC-DOGE,SXC-LTC,TAG-BTC,TAG-CNY,TAG-DOGE,TAG-LTC,TEA-BTC,TEA-DOGE,TEA-LTC,TEK-BTC,TGC-BTC,TGC-LTC,TIPS-CNY,TIPS-LTC,TIX-CNY,TIX-LTC,TIX-XPM,TRC-BTC,UNO-BTC,UNO-DOGE,USD-BTC,USD-RUR,VLC-BTC,VLC-LTC,VTC-BTC,VTC-CNY,VTC-DOGE,VTC-LTC,WDC-BTC,WDC-CNY,WDC-DOGE,WDC-LTC,XJO-BTC,XNC-BTC,XNC-LTC,XPM-BTC,XPM-CNY,XPM-LTC,YAC-BTC,YAC-CNY,YAC-LTC,YBC-BTC,ZCC-BTC,ZCC-CNY,ZEIT-BTC,ZEIT-DOGE,ZEIT-LTC,ZET-BTC,ZET-CNY,ZET-DOGE,ZET-LTC
Improving the format of the daily report.  I'm going to start including the number of supported currencies and markets each day. The numbers above are actual numbers - Rollerbot now supports 147 different currencies in 272 different markets! (and that's just with 3 of the exchanges having fully passed the new verification testing!)

Sick in bed today again, but I still got some good things done. Cryptsy, BTC-e and BTer are all fully verified via automated testing.  BTer was a real PITA, as they have a pretty nasty bug in their API which reports a meaningless order_id on placement of a new order.  Luckily I've found a suitable workaround that passed 1000 iterations of full verification testing.
Vircurex is 95% verified with just some small changes to do in the order system to pass the new verification testing.
Coins-e and CoinEx are both very close to passing the new verification testing as well.

The automated testing system is really paying off.  It has already found many small inconsistencies and bugs that would have otherwise made it through to production release.  From now on, any change made to one of the exchange API interface files will automatically trigger a verification test to run to help ensure nothing sneaks through to the production environment.

Tomorrow I will continue to work on getting full verification testing done on more of the exchanges (I have 15 of them technically done when it comes to programming, I just have to run the tests and make any necessary changes)

Activity: 84
March 04, 2014, 08:59:19 PM
Add me to the list of alpha testers, this looks great!
Activity: 1
March 04, 2014, 08:23:42 PM
Hello jon. Please add one here as a Beta Tester too! Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
March 04, 2014, 09:17:50 AM
Today's progress:

- Added Bittrex support.  Just have to do full verification tests
- Added  AnxBTC support. Just have to do full verification tests
- Got a good start on Poloniex support.  Will pick back up on this tomorrow.

Running some backend tests tonight with Bittrex and AnxBTC running along with the other API Cache daemons.   So far so good as far as system load

Good news, I know the team at AnxBTC, buzz me if you need help.
legendary
March 03, 2014, 11:32:45 PM
That is a beast!
I hope you are starting to feel better.
March 03, 2014, 10:48:25 PM
Daily update, 3-3-2014
Current SVN revision: 395

I actually got quite a bit done today despite being sick and staying in bed for the most part.
I have the Test and Verification functions done, and have fully verified Cryptsy.  The test takes about 5-10 minutes to run and thoroughly tests all aspects of communicating via API.  It also checks for simple things like DEBUG statements and TODO comments in the associated code.  BTC-e is very close to fully passing the new verification testing.  Tomorrow I hope to have most if not all currently supported exchanges fully verified through the new testing system.

I also improved on some lower-level things, such as minimumquantity limits being stored per-market in the database, as well as decimal places per market (BTC-e is currently the only exchange that needs the decimal places, but it is now there for future exchanges as well).

I'm finding more and more exchanges to add support for.  In fact, I have nearly 50 "stubs" (empty source code files), one for each exchange that I've been able to find.  I'm going to post a screenshot of my current directory where individual files are maintained for managing API connections to the exchanges.  Of course, these aren't all supported (YET!), but I'm very confident of being able to start the Alpha testing with 15 or so fully supported and tested, 20+ by the time I get to Beta, and 30+ by launch time, and eventually every exchange out there that exposes a trading API.  If anyone knows of any other exchanges that I'm missing, please bring them to my attention and I'll be sure to create a stub file to make sure I don't forget to add support for it.

I was testing the API Cache daemon early in the day, and with 6 exchanges running I was showing 111 currencies being supported in 201 different markets.  I can't wait to get the rest of these exchanges verified through testing so that I can get back to the UI stuff and preparing for Alpha testing.  Hopefully I'll be back on the UI later this week.
Activity: 224
March 03, 2014, 03:06:47 PM
I'd like to be a beta tester as well! In the past I actively trade on bitfinex.
March 03, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Felling pretty terrible today - ended up taking the day off of work.

Today I'm just working from a laptop in bed here and there.  I'm building a verification and testing routine to automate the testing process.  This will make things go much faster in the end but is going to take a little time up front.  It sure beats the tedious process of manually verifying everything!
Activity: 92
March 03, 2014, 01:50:16 PM
Hang in there bud! Lots of sleep and hydration!

Oh the fun times of verification testing all by yourself on 30+ exchanges. I bet that doesn't get dull. Thanks for keeping the updates coming.
legendary
March 02, 2014, 08:39:56 PM
Feel better soon.
It's been a cruddy winter for getting sick.

Daily update, 3-2-2014
Current SVN revision: 275

Today I started a round of verifications and general code cleanup.  I'm going through all currently supported exchanges and doing a full functionality verification, as well as general code cleanups.  This is a bit of a tedious process but is coming along nicely.
I also contacted a few more exchanges today about adding certain features to their API that will allow auto-adding of new currencies and markets as soon as they are added to the exchange.  No huge deal if they don't add the features, it just means that I have to enter new trade pairs into the database manually as they appear.
So far everything is looking good on the timeline for testing and full release dates.  There is going to be a huge push this next two weeks on the interface and frontend services.

I'm going to go lay down now, I haven't been feeling good all day.  Just wanted to post a quick update before I got off of here

March 02, 2014, 07:05:22 PM
Daily update, 3-2-2014
Current SVN revision: 275

Today I started a round of verifications and general code cleanup.  I'm going through all currently supported exchanges and doing a full functionality verification, as well as general code cleanups.  This is a bit of a tedious process but is coming along nicely.
I also contacted a few more exchanges today about adding certain features to their API that will allow auto-adding of new currencies and markets as soon as they are added to the exchange.  No huge deal if they don't add the features, it just means that I have to enter new trade pairs into the database manually as they appear.
So far everything is looking good on the timeline for testing and full release dates.  There is going to be a huge push this next two weeks on the interface and frontend services.

I'm going to go lay down now, I haven't been feeling good all day.  Just wanted to post a quick update before I got off of here

Activity: 67
March 02, 2014, 01:19:27 AM
I'd be interested in beta testing as well. Smiley I am already an active trader.
legendary
March 01, 2014, 11:16:51 PM
I agree on the exchange front.
There are too few that are any good and some of the established one's are slow to pick up new coins that are worth it.
I'm hoping that I can earn a bit more using RollerBot to help me navigate through it all.

Slow day today

Spent most of the day taking the family to the Museum of Natural History for a little break in the action.
Spoke to several exchanges today about API specifics, many of them newer exchanges just starting out.  Again, my goal is to provide a trading platform that will support as many exchanges as possible to offer a lot of diversity.  All I can say is that things are looking great on the exchange front.  While some seem to hate seeing new exchanges popping up - I personally love it.  Competition not only keeps trade fees in check, but the more exchanges that we have the more we can diversify and reduce our personal risk.

I'll be getting an early start tomorrow and hope to get quite a bit accomplished
March 01, 2014, 09:49:08 PM
Slow day today

Spent most of the day taking the family to the Museum of Natural History for a little break in the action.
Spoke to several exchanges today about API specifics, many of them newer exchanges just starting out.  Again, my goal is to provide a trading platform that will support as many exchanges as possible to offer a lot of diversity.  All I can say is that things are looking great on the exchange front.  While some seem to hate seeing new exchanges popping up - I personally love it.  Competition not only keeps trade fees in check, but the more exchanges that we have the more we can diversify and reduce our personal risk.

I'll be getting an early start tomorrow and hope to get quite a bit accomplished
Pages:
Jump to: