Pages:
Author

Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon! - page 7. (Read 18583 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 16, 2014, 12:51:43 AM
Things are still going well with Rollerbot

The servers at Amazon AWS are all set up now.  Over the next week I'll be working on moving the cache system into the Elastiweb Redis in-memory cache, working on imrovements to the API daemon system and getting things running again.

The UI is coming along nicely and there is now full ability to Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts, and partial support for building strategies.  I'll post some pictures in the next couple of days
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 16, 2014, 12:43:55 AM
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 16, 2014, 12:40:02 AM
I'd like to beta test as well. I actively trade on btce and bitfinex.
Activity: 5
February 15, 2014, 11:08:42 PM
Why would you sell access to pairs when you could just make it an investment fund with other people investing money ?
You could earn much faster ( people get 90% of the money made on their investments and you keep 10 %) and it could be simpler.

personally that sounds dumb as hell, who on these forums would give btc to someone offering to give them more later?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 15, 2014, 08:01:41 AM
yes my wife moans im on the pc all the time lol.

keep up the good work.  cannot wait to see this working
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
February 13, 2014, 05:49:46 PM
February 13, 2014, 04:01:45 PM
Why would you sell access to pairs when you could just make it an investment fund with other people investing money ?
You could earn much faster ( people get 90% of the money made on their investments and you keep 10 %) and it could be simpler.

I have thought of this as well, but I also must ensure I'm complying with local laws.  When you get into supplying actual investments and such the laws get very stringent and it's something that I'd rather not get into at this point.  Legally speaking, it is much easier to ensure full compliance by providing a service rather than directly handling the money of others as an investment.
Perhaps as things progress and I can get proper legal advice on this it may be revisited, but for now this is the model that I am going to follow for the named reasons.

It's not totally out of the question, but I have not received appropriate legal advice on such a setup at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
February 13, 2014, 02:28:02 PM
February 13, 2014, 12:10:44 PM
Just posting a quick update

A lot of stuff going on.
-The move to Amazon EC2 should be complete tomorrow
-I am almost done with all of the CRUD interface code for the website to safely interact with the database. Extra care is being taken to ensure MySQL injection is guarded against. All queries are properly escaped and parameterized and internally generated authentication tokens are also used to ensure passed-in parameters are not tampered with.
- A lot of effort is going into the user authentication and authorization system.  Security is absolutely the number 1 concern and protection is being built-in for just about any attack imaginable.
- Along with security, I made a change to the accounts interaction of the website.  Public and private keys will never be shown once they are entered.  Under public or private keys in the display, it will either show as "" or ".  They can be changed, but they will never be viewable after they are entered.
- I've brought in a jquery/jqwidgets expert to help with the interface.  I absolutely hate working with javascript (it's so messy) so this will free my hands to get back into the guts of Rollerbot.  FYI, this second party does not have access to the server or the database, only the the CRUD interface that I have built to allow UI interaction.  On top of that, the CRUD interface is currently pointed to a test database.  Rest assured that I will remain the only person with full access to sensitive information (including database schema, database contents, etc.).  I can't stress enough that security is my number one focus.

I'll post more updates as they come.  I may be quiet for a few days while I wrap up some of these loose ends.  Also, I have to remember the wife on Valentine's day - she's been awful supportive of my full-time dedication to getting Rollerbot out to the community.

Thanks again everybody for the support and interest in this project
Activity: 24
February 12, 2014, 03:37:04 PM
Nice!!! It looks amazing! keep the god work m8!!
February 12, 2014, 04:17:27 AM
Wrapping up for the night

Got a pretty good start on the website.  I concentrated mostly on Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts.  This is now mostly finished, a little more to do on it tomorrow then I'll start working on the web interface for building strategies.

Here is a quick screen grab of part of the website showing how the account settings are coming along (API keys blacked out for obvious reasons)

looks clear and concise cooll
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Disrupt the banking system!
February 12, 2014, 01:04:37 AM
Bump for Jon. Awesome progress!!
legendary
February 11, 2014, 11:33:11 PM

Got a pretty good start on the website.  I concentrated mostly on Add/Edit/Delete exchange accounts.  This is now mostly finished, a little more to do on it tomorrow then I'll start working on the web interface for building strategies.

Here is a quick screen grab of part of the website showing how the account settings are coming along (API keys blacked out for obvious reasons)

thank you for the daily updates.
eager to test your service once it's online.

February 11, 2014, 09:39:30 PM

February 11, 2014, 05:03:12 PM
Working mainly on the website today.  Just standard HTML5/JQuery stuff, nothing too exciting.  Mainly just working on the basic website template and some of the settings and configuration screens. Hopefully I'll be on Amazon AWS by the end of this week so I can really get busy!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
February 11, 2014, 01:29:56 PM
Would love to test this and subscribe in the future
Activity: 24
February 11, 2014, 09:31:24 AM
This looks amazing! Great work!!!

Im up for beta testing also! Sign me up!

legendary
February 11, 2014, 04:08:56 AM
points system sounds feasible.
do rope in the beta testers once its online,
thanks.

Jon

All exchanges?
which exchanges are covered by your system?

Maybe you can also charge users per exchange basis
Personally I only use a few main exchanges like Cryptsy, btc-e and Coinex for trading,
and I do not trade all the pairs.

I currently support MtGox, BTC-e, Bter, Cryptsy, Crypto-Trade, Coins-e, CoinEx, Bitstamp, C-Cex.io and Vircurex
I have plans of eventually supporting every exchange out there that exposes a full trade API, including some of the big hitters in Asia.

As far as the points system goes, imagine that you get 10 points for a certain fee.  Rules would be like:
*1 point for each exchange to run on
*1 point for each trade pair to run
*1 point for each trade plugin to run

With that example, 10 points could get you:

Cryptsy(1 point) running EMA(1 point) on LTC-BTC(1 point) and DOGE-BTC(1 point)
BTC-e (1 point) running Variance(1 point) and EMA(1 point) on EUR-USD(1 point), PPC-BTC(1 point), and XPM-BTC(1 point)

Basically you could build your strategy with the number of points allotted.  Of course, I will have higher tiers where more points will be included at a better cost-per-point, but I have a lot of details to work out yet.

Also keep in mind that I am building a full "strategy" system.  You could save the above example as "My 10-point BTC-e/Cryptsy strategy", and make one or more entirely different strategies and switch between them at any time.  The point won't be to lock anyone in to one strategy, only con help put a cap on the amount of load it puts on the servers.

I would imagine that most users will be like yourself, wanting to trade their favorite pairs in a few different exchanges.  But I also want to be prepared for the "Big dogs" that want o bite into everything they can.
February 10, 2014, 06:24:15 PM
More great happenings today.

I have purchased the domain name and am hard at work getting the website put together.  I'll post more on this once the website coding is done (probably in a few weeks).  By then I should have the move to Amazon AWS complete and can start working on getting some beta testers started.

As I get closer to starting the beta program, I'll contact more people for testing.

all sounding good to me wish i could offer some help but i am thick lol
February 10, 2014, 04:24:33 PM
More great happenings today.

I have purchased the domain name and am hard at work getting the website put together.  I'll post more on this once the website coding is done (probably in a few weeks).  By then I should have the move to Amazon AWS complete and can start working on getting some beta testers started.

As I get closer to starting the beta program, I'll contact more people for testing.
Pages:
Jump to: