Pages:
Author

Topic: RollerBot - Alpha testing begins soon! - page 9. (Read 18583 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 08, 2014, 03:49:45 PM
I have decided to fully commit to releasing RollerBot commercially.  The first post of this thread has been updated.

Awesome to hear. Can you hint a bit about the pricing models yet?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 08, 2014, 12:47:33 PM
I have decided to fully commit to releasing RollerBot commercially.  The first post of this thread has been updated.
February 08, 2014, 11:22:53 AM
I have sent PMs to those inquiring about beta testing
February 08, 2014, 11:22:18 AM
Last night's testing went very well. Things that were verified were:
- EMA was generated accurately
- Other plugins could not access funds "locked in" by a current EMA order.  This ensures that the appropriate funds are available when opportunities hit (this is the most complex part to deal with when running multiple different plugins)
- Order compounding and cross-cancellation worked as expected.  This allows for accurate profit calculations
- Sanity checking worked as expected.  This filters out noise from when there is an abnormally high or low order placed that could place a sudden change on EMA calculations.

Today I'll be testing some settings for some high-speed EMA trading as well as adding more configuration options that should help differentiate between variance fluctuation and an actual trend
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 08, 2014, 08:37:54 AM
sounds really good.  Well if your going to sell it.  I would suggest you use someone like me with no coding or even many coins to test it on.  You have to make it user friendly.  Let me know when your ready to test.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
February 08, 2014, 08:14:25 AM
Put me on your beta tester list.
My group has around 1050++ people (on twitter, kakaotalk and newsletter subscribers.)
If it really works, they will love your software.
February 07, 2014, 07:58:38 PM
The REMAP EMA plugin is complete and undergoing testing tonight.
I've shut off other trading plugins so that I can focus on ensuring the accuracy of this plugin.  Should be interesting!
February 07, 2014, 12:49:54 PM
I'll be working mainly on the REMAP EMA plugin today.  I may have it doing live trades later today.  Things are looking very promising!

If debug output is accurate, there have been countless opportunities within the last day
February 07, 2014, 10:07:40 AM
I began a round of optimizations on the EMA calculations (specifically on increasing the efficiency of the queries involved).
I am now calculating on-the-fly EMA values at about 10 per second! That's an 800% increase in speed.  This modified EMA plugin is really shaping up!
EDIT: Last round of optimizations complete.  I am now calculating live EMA values at the rate of 100-120 per second.  This is enough speed to iterate through numerous scenarios in the background for dynamic EMA

A quick peek of the debug output:

* Note on above - Vircurex data shown is old (I have the cache daemon down while adding features), all other data shown is real-time though.
Settings used: 10:21 EMA short:long, 1800 second period size (periods can be any denomination of seconds)
Activity: 509
Disrupt the banking system!
February 06, 2014, 09:33:07 PM
I will be accepting applications soon for a very limited batch of beta testers. I will make an announcement when I am ready (moving to Amazon AWS will take a little time).

Off the top of my head though, any linux and cli experience will definitely be helpful, as RollerBot is completely command-line driven at this point.

Put me down on your list for one of the limited batch testers. I do have some linux experience, and can code some too.
February 06, 2014, 09:09:28 PM
I will be accepting applications soon for a very limited batch of beta testers. I will make an announcement when I am ready (moving to Amazon AWS will take a little time).

Off the top of my head though, any linux and cli experience will definitely be helpful, as RollerBot is completely command-line driven at this point.
Activity: 509
Disrupt the banking system!
February 06, 2014, 08:24:56 PM
Are you looking for any beta testers? I'd love to try it out on a semi-larger scale.
February 06, 2014, 07:39:35 PM
Over the next week I'm slowly going to be migrating RollerBot to Amazon AWS running over an elastic EC2 cloud.  This is a move that will add a lot of scalability for the future!
February 06, 2014, 07:37:03 PM
Myself being a small time btc earner see btc as a hobby and would vote for a percentage of earnings as a fee to use. I simply dont have enough btc to trade for the program, but if its secure and makes enough profit, I can see it paying off well for you. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Thanks for the feedback.  This is a pricing model that I'll definitely be considering.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 01:06:21 PM
Myself being a small time btc earner see btc as a hobby and would vote for a percentage of earnings as a fee to use. I simply dont have enough btc to trade for the program, but if its secure and makes enough profit, I can see it paying off well for you. I wish you luck in your endeavors.
February 06, 2014, 05:25:43 AM
What language is the bot created in? I ask because if it was PHP and you were interested, I could help you improve it.

I appreciate the offer, but Rollerbot source is remaining closed at this time.

But yes, it is mainly written in PHP, with very heavy MySQL integration and the Linux shell via BASH.
It will eventually be run through the HHVM JIT Compiler instead of the PHP interpreter.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
February 05, 2014, 10:42:25 PM
What language is the bot created in? I ask because if it was PHP and you were interested, I could help you improve it.
February 05, 2014, 08:11:02 PM
CURRENTLY TESTING MY NEW EMA PLUGIN!!!

The plugin will be called REMAP (Real-time Exponential Moving Average Periods) and it is a highly modified version of the standard EMA that most traders are used to.  There are some very unique twists to this plugin and is not even remotely close to being your standard EMA algorythm.

Here are some details:
* First, this thing is FAST, especially when comparing to standard EMA methods.  I am calculating EMA in real time for every chosen market in each exchange (In my test I am tracking 4 different exchanges with about 10 markets each - for a total of 80 total EMA calculations each iteration (one for a short EMA and one for a long EMA on each).  I am able to fly through all 80 calculations in under a minute.  This is without optimizations or compiling through HHVM yet (where I'm sure I can cut this time in half at a minimum).  This means that on-the-fly EMA calculations will be running in the background at a resolution of under one minute while calculating 40 different markets - independent of the period or short/long iterations chosen.  What does this mean?  Rollerbot's REMAP plugin is capable of sensing a market trend change according to the setpoints in under a minute and executing trades immediately.  This is very different from other bots using EMA methods that have to see a Short/Long EMA crossing 2 successive times in a row (sending an alert that a trade is eminent only to have you wait an hour to see if it happens or not...).  The problem with these old EMA methods are that they are suited to a stock market setting where the markets close every day - so calculating once per period worked fine.  With our 24/7 exchanges however, this causes a lot of missed and/or losing opportunities.  The REMAP plugin solves this problem by doing these calculations on the fly, 24/7/

* Infinitely adjustable!  Do you want to do a 10:21 EMA against 14-second periods?  Not a problem!  A 8:18 EMA against 5 minute periods?  Again, not a problem.  You are not locked into pre-defined periods like with other bots.

* Capable of high speed trading and taking advantages of price fluctuations throughout the day (though, only if that's what you want of course)

I will be testing the plugin for the next day or so in simulation mode (I.e. no trades will actually execute - just text output to let me know a trade would happen).  If things look good, I will be trading with it soon (and tweeting the results live of course)
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
February 05, 2014, 08:08:45 AM
Wow, very fancy. Good luck with sales jondecker76
Activity: 350
February 05, 2014, 05:27:54 AM
Pages:
Jump to: