Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 2. (Read 387451 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 11, 2017, 11:24:08 PM
xcp fills a niche at the current implementation of the protocol, however this niche is small to very small compared to the dominant private decentralized ledger we are all looking for (and probably already found)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
October 11, 2017, 05:29:25 PM
PMs don't feel indestructible. We could find a new method of detection or mining and have 10x the gold we had before in one week. Or even molecular adjustment of some other material in a modern process and then what. Where is the price?

In cryptos, we have ASICs for part 1, sudden increase in production. But at least we cant have part 2, sudden discovery of many more coins. (except the scammy pre mines ofc  Smiley  )

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
October 11, 2017, 02:05:47 PM
Who is using gold and silver as a pseudo-currency? A faik precious metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, etc.) are a commodity, not accepted as cash payment anywhere that I know of

Thinking that gold is a commodity shows how much brain damage the mainstream media has caused. Gold is thousands of years considered money and even central banks buying it today. Just consider the percentage of industrial usage of gold vs total mined gold stored as investment in bars, coin or jewellery. The same ridiculous statement as saying that Bitcoin is a commodity.

I miss the good old days when crypto was in hands of true visionaries and people who think different.
Activity: 807
Merit: 423
August 22, 2017, 05:51:57 PM

Risto, have you thought about starting a Hedge fund or launching an ICO?

Space Cadet Investments, Inc.
Activity: 289
Merit: 252
bagholder since 2013
August 22, 2017, 04:49:17 PM

The portfolio presented, minimises the total loss risk, and is hedged about most probable scenarios 2017-2020. It includes interesting new techs,and DAGcoin may be a pump but will nevertheless net obscenely in this market environment. A 10-bagger for all who dare to enter the 'MLM'ish coin...

(If I had not bought XMR in 2014, I'd also have missed out, think about it! This thread is the commemorative of my first altcoin purchase ever, ~5,000 XMR, in 2014-5-24, by solicitation of David Latapie (RIP).

At present, I'd invest in:

BTC
ETH
XMR
DAGcoin
Mark (my new project, coming up this year)

About the same in each..

Isnt a DAGcoin a scam coin??? One of the biggest scam artist of the country runs this thing. Since when does cryptocurrencies give BONUSES for references??? Smells really fishy to me.

Risto, have you thought about starting a Hedge fund or launching an ICO?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 03:44:38 PM
Who is using gold and silver as a pseudo-currency? A faik precious metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, etc.) are a commodity, not accepted as cash payment anywhere that I know of

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 15, 2017, 04:35:28 AM

The portfolio presented, minimises the total loss risk, and is hedged about most probable scenarios 2017-2020. It includes interesting new techs,and DAGcoin may be a pump but will nevertheless net obscenely in this market environment. A 10-bagger for all who dare to enter the 'MLM'ish coin...

(If I had not bought XMR in 2014, I'd also have missed out, think about it! This thread is the commemorative of my first altcoin purchase ever, ~5,000 XMR, in 2014-5-24, by solicitation of David Latapie (RIP).

BTC
ETH
XMR
DAGcoin

About the same in each..

Isnt a DAGcoin a scam coin??? One of the biggest scam artist of the country runs this thing. Since when does cryptocurrencies give BONUSES for references??? Smells really fishy to me.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

BTC
ETH
XMR
DAGcoin

About the same in each..

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1510
August 14, 2017, 04:46:51 PM
BTC
ETH
XMR
DAGcoin

Hey Risto good to see you here again. Any suggestions for us?
I haven't heard DAGcoin, I'll check it. What about Mark? Is this another game project that use in-game currency as altcoin?
donator
August 14, 2017, 03:44:51 PM

BTC
ETH
XMR
DAGcoin

About the same in each..
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 14, 2017, 10:17:24 AM
so this is only about monero not other coins?
sucks a bit
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
October 22, 2016, 10:21:33 AM
Well, it's been 10 months.  We've moved up to #6 cryptocurrency and more and more people are becoming aware of the currency.  In a few hundred subs, our subreddit size will have doubled.  Mass adoption doesn't happen gradually, remember.  It is a chain reaction from years of consistent behind-the-scenes improvements and refinements.  Moner's mainstream moment will come... whether in late 2017 or early 2019.  But we'll revisit the issue again at $9 Monero in about 8 months.

Just giving this thread a little bump, for AP's quote above... as here we are today after the recent epic XMR run-up into the 'teens, and now fall-back to $7-ish

Also wanna say 'thanks' again to RISTO for his initial posts about Monero which got me into it very early on... you da man, bro... much obliged.

Grin

Yeah, we will see where this all ends  Grin
Activity: 608
Merit: 509
October 08, 2016, 04:00:45 PM
Well, it's been 10 months.  We've moved up to #6 cryptocurrency and more and more people are becoming aware of the currency.  In a few hundred subs, our subreddit size will have doubled.  Mass adoption doesn't happen gradually, remember.  It is a chain reaction from years of consistent behind-the-scenes improvements and refinements.  Moner's mainstream moment will come... whether in late 2017 or early 2019.  But we'll revisit the issue again at $9 Monero in about 8 months.

Just giving this thread a little bump, for AP's quote above... as here we are today after the recent epic XMR run-up into the 'teens, and now fall-back to $7-ish

Also wanna say 'thanks' again to RISTO for his initial posts about Monero which got me into it very early on... you da man, bro... much obliged.

Grin

donator
May 29, 2016, 05:05:48 AM
can you give me a quick explanation of what the game is or isn't?

and early adopter?, is there a reward for playing the game?

Does being good at the game matter, or is it not a skill-based game?

Say if i wanted to get involved (if the game interests me enough) and make a guide, would that be charity, or are the incentives to make a good guide?

Just register yourself and browse it, it is free!

The reward for playing the game comes from the rise in asset values if the thing succeeds (and loss of them if not). Same as in every coin.

The game has many elements, in some of them, it "matters" if you are "good" (eg running a business), in others it's just fun and no financial gain. if you buy stocks, you get the same return as the other stockholders regardless of your "performance".

The guide maker was just contracted this week, so watch out for the game becoming ever more easier to get involved with!!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
May 29, 2016, 01:35:30 AM
haven't seen this in a while where did he go

He is playing Crypto Kingdom, and you should as well!  Wink

How many players do you have so far? I'm interested but it looks very complicated.

Number of characters is 410, and our IRC is about 40 simultaneous people. I'd say about 100 active or semi-active players.

It looks complicated due to the lack of good guides, nor linking to them. These matters will be addressed when our development milestone, Clans, is ready (this autumn). Then we will also have an incentive plan for marketing.

Currently it is still the early adopter phase, and the demands and rewards are accordingly.

can you give me a quick explanation of what the game is or isn't?

and early adopter?, is there a reward for playing the game?

Does being good at the game matter, or is it not a skill-based game?

Say if i wanted to get involved (if the game interests me enough) and make a guide, would that be charity, or are the incentives to make a good guide?

(sorry if this is offtopic)
Activity: 130
May 15, 2016, 05:18:38 PM

He is playing Crypto Kingdom, and you should as well!  Wink

How many players do you have so far? I'm interested but it looks very complicated.

Number of characters is 410, and our IRC is about 40 simultaneous people. I'd say about 100 active or semi-active players.

It looks complicated due to the lack of good guides, nor linking to them. These matters will be addressed when our development milestone, Clans, is ready (this autumn). Then we will also have an incentive plan for marketing.

Currently it is still the early adopter phase, and the demands and rewards are accordingly.

I've had a look at the gui and it looks very slick. Are there any tools for trading like bots, and analysis tools?
donator
May 14, 2016, 11:39:21 AM

Activity: 130
May 14, 2016, 08:57:50 AM

donator
May 14, 2016, 07:23:57 AM

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 13, 2016, 11:28:04 PM
Pages:
Jump to: