Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 3. (Read 387457 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
March 24, 2016, 01:27:14 PM
General observation: LTC after bubble is more and more boring (PPC, NMC follow), more and more buzz around Monero, Dash breakout but now lack of buyers... I guess XMR should rise soon. But I wonder if poloniex can handle big daily vol if Xmr will have a new solid uptrend...

polo trading engine should do just fine. It has handled big volume before including with LTC recently.  If you want more exchanges to list xmr then you should ask them to do it!

Polo is handling $10Mil per day atm in ETH alone

The numbers are just amazing and they keep on going.
I just picked up some LISK via the ICO and I really am curious about this one, as they will be using Javascript as the base developmental language. That gives it a huge edge over Ethereum imo. So early in this space still. Take some BTC and throw it at the crowd of alts, doing some research of course but you just can't predict these Black Swans.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
February 17, 2016, 07:44:11 PM
General observation: LTC after bubble is more and more boring (PPC, NMC follow), more and more buzz around Monero, Dash breakout but now lack of buyers... I guess XMR should rise soon. But I wonder if poloniex can handle big daily vol if Xmr will have a new solid uptrend...

polo trading engine should do just fine. It has handled big volume before including with LTC recently.  If you want more exchanges to list xmr then you should ask them to do it!

Polo is handling $10Mil per day atm in ETH alone
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
February 16, 2016, 08:23:09 PM

Monero will not break in the mainstream. Quote me on this tomorrow, in six months, two years and one hundred years.

Well, it's been 10 months.  We've moved up to #6 cryptocurrency and more and more people are becoming aware of the currency.  In a few hundred subs, our subreddit size will have doubled.  Mass adoption doesn't happen gradually, remember.  It is a chain reaction from years of consistent behind-the-scenes improvements and refinements.  Moner's mainstream moment will come... whether in late 2017 or early 2019.  But we'll revisit the issue again at $9 Monero in about 8 months.
February 16, 2016, 08:20:41 PM

I would like to see al shitcoins die and the few good altcoins and BTC rise unison
that would mean the cryptoscene is maturing

Hey, you got your wish!  It only took almost a year.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
January 23, 2016, 06:48:27 AM
dNote killed the thread Cheesy

Haha, well August 1 was also when the revived CK after a few months break and have now had the new dev for 6 months Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
January 23, 2016, 01:43:08 AM
dNote killed the thread Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
I like your approach, Sir, @rpietila. Would be nice to see some of your attention with $XDN.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
July 29, 2015, 12:02:57 AM
If only we could pay for those Starbucks' coffees with Monero.

Oh wait, we already can thanks to the service provided by xmr.to and coffee.foldapp.com damn that's awesome.  Wink

Grin Cheesy Grin

It's just so wrong that this sideways action/stability in both BTC and XMR makes me want to buy more of both!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 28, 2015, 11:54:25 PM
How do you call a person professionally or avocationally occupied with monero? (In Esperanto)

A: moneristo

I'm not joking, this is a quite amusing coincidence, especially since I first read about Monero in a post rpietila made many moons ago somewhere here.

Being labelled as a moneristo makes me feel like I work at Starbucks and serve Frappe Monerchinos all day.  

Get used to it, moneĉjo Tongue

and with extra cream please.
July 28, 2015, 11:19:44 PM
How do you call a person professionally or avocationally occupied with monero? (In Esperanto)

I'm not joking, this is a quite amusing coincidence, especially since I first read about Monero in a post rpietila made many moons ago somewhere here.

Being labelled as a moneristo makes me feel like I work at Starbucks and serve Frappe Monerchinos all day.   
July 28, 2015, 10:58:56 PM

July 28, 2015, 07:29:58 PM
I would like to see all shitcoins die

If you mean that no one is developing or using them, they are already dead. (The definition of a shitcoin..)

If you mean that their exchange price drops to zero and they are delisted, it happens much slower, because if you control nearly 100% of the supply, you can set the price, and pay the exchanges. With very moderate means you can keep it floating forever if you believe there is still chance for a new pump, and there likely always is.

Thus, crypto scene will for the time being be a land of zombies.

Well we predicted back in 2013 when a thousand new altcoins were popping up. 

We knew that not many would survive and those that did would need something remarkable to set them apart. 

A lot gets said about the "cult" of bitcoin, but think of how easy it is to create your own religion.  We could make one up in an afternoon. 

Now, how do you get a significant portion of the world to believe in your religion?  This is a much more daunting task. 

Why is religion an appropriate metaphor?  Because money, like any other system designed by humans, runs and is popularized by faith.  Even language is based on faith...  How many people choose to learn Portuguese as a second language vs. Chinese or English?  It's based on speculation regarding what you feel will be more useful for you. 
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
July 28, 2015, 06:33:19 PM
I would like to see shitcoins die

Wish granted!

donator
Activity: 1722
July 28, 2015, 07:06:46 AM
I would like to see all shitcoins die

If you mean that no one is developing or using them, they are already dead. (The definition of a shitcoin..)

If you mean that their exchange price drops to zero and they are delisted, it happens much slower, because if you control nearly 100% of the supply, you can set the price, and pay the exchanges. With very moderate means you can keep it floating forever if you believe there is still chance for a new pump, and there likely always is.

Thus, crypto scene will for the time being be a land of zombies.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Facts are more efficient than fud
July 27, 2015, 11:04:13 PM

Monero will not break in the mainstream. Quote me on this tomorrow, in six months, two years and one hundred years.

and why do you think that so?
some arguments please!

Arguments isn't needed. Or it shouldn't be anyway. It's pretty obvious.

Indulge us with the obvious, please. 
pa
Activity: 527
Merit: 501
July 27, 2015, 08:43:10 PM

some arguments please!

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be put on ignore.
Activity: 644
July 27, 2015, 08:23:37 PM
Whatever I have to say about your slow-motion release process and fast-motion emission curve, I still like your quirkiness, dNote.

Cheesy One of the reasons why  I keep an eye on it - it sure is entertaining. Wink

Monero is the only cryptonote coin with real chances of breaking in the mainstream. I have some dnotes just in case, me owning a coin means a lot because I refuse coins with shady background and that I feel they have lied to the world like Bytecoin and Darkcoin/"DASH", both lied and still try to scam people with their crooked emission, digitalnote was rapid emitted but it was released in the open as far as I can see, emission not changed but its fast like doge albeit failed to gather as large community so the new features need to be groundbreaking to attract new users. This is where Monero wins in both fronts, it was the 2nd CN coin, Bytecoin is inviable for known reasons, and it keeps updating the code, after the next tagged released I don't feel comfortable saying Monero is based on cryptonote because so much was rewritten and is being added, its like watching the MacOS coming out of FreeBSD sourcecode.

some arguments please!

Activity: 448
Merit: 251
July 27, 2015, 07:02:24 PM
Whatever I have to say about your slow-motion release process and fast-motion emission curve, I still like your quirkiness, dNote.

Cheesy One of the reasons why  I keep an eye on it - it sure is entertaining. Wink

Monero is the only cryptonote coin with real chances of breaking in the mainstream. I have some dnotes just in case, me owning a coin means a lot because I refuse coins with shady background and that I feel they have lied to the world like Bytecoin and Darkcoin/"DASH", both lied and still try to scam people with their crooked emission, digitalnote was rapid emitted but it was released in the open as far as I can see, emission not changed but its fast like doge albeit failed to gather as large community so the new features need to be groundbreaking to attract new users. This is where Monero wins in both fronts, it was the 2nd CN coin, Bytecoin is inviable for known reasons, and it keeps updating the code, after the next tagged released I don't feel comfortable saying Monero is based on cryptonote because so much was rewritten and is being added, its like watching the MacOS coming out of FreeBSD sourcecode.

some arguments please!
Activity: 644
July 27, 2015, 07:00:18 PM

July 27, 2015, 05:03:58 PM

Pages:
Jump to: