Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 38. (Read 387457 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
September 06, 2014, 07:46:13 PM
Since the subscription is anonymous, and can be bought with BTCD, a coin that the same dev also controls, we have to keep the possibility in mind that the number of non-insiders participating may be very small, yet it looks like a great success.

Not wanting to label anyone a scammer without proof, but so far everything fits in a con also, so keep this in mind.

James has always been courteous to me, so it is difficult to continue reminding of this uncertain but probable and serious possibility.

Based on his recent contributions to the XMR, BBR, and SuperNET threads, I find James to be creepy and untrustworthy. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his dramatic alienation from Monero, which supposedly led him to create SuperNet and pump BBR, coincided with the recent chain spamming and corrupt block attacks (and the associated anti-Monero shilling/sockpuppetry). As Monero survived the attacks, he turned on a dime and presented himself as Monero's high-minded defender against sniping by some of his SuperNET/BBR/BTCD minions. It all rings false to me, an elaborate charade.

Prior to the attack, BBR was being left behind, in large part because its dev CZ was anonymous and and suspected by some (see the rethink-your-strategy thread) to be one of the CN/Bytecoin scammers. BBR was likely launched as a way to regain a foothold in the CN space after the scam was exposed and Monero gained momentum. BBR was positioning itself as "the other" non-scammy CN coin, but just as it became obvious that Monero was building a decisive lead, along comes SuperNET and the deus ex hackina. Then, in Monero's darkest hour, from both James and CZ we hear calls for solidarity with their Monero brothers and letting bygones be bygones. BBR and Monero would henceforth walk hand in hand, a beautiful synergy.

They come across as arsonists, first at the scene to help put out the fire, who get themselves hailed as rescuers, and slyly ingratiate themselves with the homeowner--waiting for the chance to wreck maximum havoc.

This seems like alot of conspircy theory, any proof to back these claims ? ips of the spamming nodes. Conversation logs that can be verified ?

Conspiracy theories only sound ridiculous when there isn't a known conspiracy already taking place.

Fact: In the week or so leading up to the attack, virtually every sock puppet there is was accusing XMR of spreading hate towards BBR and making it look like there was some big fight or rivalry between the coins. It was a very deliberate tactic. Most known XMR holders seem to either not pay attention to BBR at all, or hold BBR as well, and any negativity usually came from off-topic provocation by said trolls.

Fact: Both James and CZ had a recent verbal conflict with XMR supporters/devs.

Fact: Both James and CZ graciously offered support to XMR, in spite of "all the hate" that the XMR community had shown them. What a couple of classy, upstanding individuals.

I'm not making accusations. I'm simply saying that at this point, any suspicion is understandable.

please make factual references with accompanying urls to said proof.  Saying something is a fact and actually being able to show evidence are two different things. please come correct.

I think the proof can be shown by the trolling coming from bbr(also bytecoin coincidentally) is from sockpuppet accounts. I have nothing against bbr(third coin I hold), but a ton of few day old accounts(sockpuppets owned by 1/a few people) are always trolling xmr while "supporting" bbr/bytecoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 06, 2014, 07:37:04 PM
Since the subscription is anonymous, and can be bought with BTCD, a coin that the same dev also controls, we have to keep the possibility in mind that the number of non-insiders participating may be very small, yet it looks like a great success.

Not wanting to label anyone a scammer without proof, but so far everything fits in a con also, so keep this in mind.

James has always been courteous to me, so it is difficult to continue reminding of this uncertain but probable and serious possibility.

Based on his recent contributions to the XMR, BBR, and SuperNET threads, I find James to be creepy and untrustworthy. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his dramatic alienation from Monero, which supposedly led him to create SuperNet and pump BBR, coincided with the recent chain spamming and corrupt block attacks (and the associated anti-Monero shilling/sockpuppetry). As Monero survived the attacks, he turned on a dime and presented himself as Monero's high-minded defender against sniping by some of his SuperNET/BBR/BTCD minions. It all rings false to me, an elaborate charade.

Prior to the attack, BBR was being left behind, in large part because its dev CZ was anonymous and and suspected by some (see the rethink-your-strategy thread) to be one of the CN/Bytecoin scammers. BBR was likely launched as a way to regain a foothold in the CN space after the scam was exposed and Monero gained momentum. BBR was positioning itself as "the other" non-scammy CN coin, but just as it became obvious that Monero was building a decisive lead, along comes SuperNET and the deus ex hackina. Then, in Monero's darkest hour, from both James and CZ we hear calls for solidarity with their Monero brothers and letting bygones be bygones. BBR and Monero would henceforth walk hand in hand, a beautiful synergy.

They come across as arsonists, first at the scene to help put out the fire, who get themselves hailed as rescuers, and slyly ingratiate themselves with the homeowner--waiting for the chance to wreck maximum havoc.

This seems like alot of conspircy theory, any proof to back these claims ? ips of the spamming nodes. Conversation logs that can be verified ?

Conspiracy theories only sound ridiculous when there isn't a known conspiracy already taking place.

Fact: In the week or so leading up to the attack, virtually every sock puppet there is was accusing XMR of spreading hate towards BBR and making it look like there was some big fight or rivalry between the coins. It was a very deliberate tactic. Most known XMR holders seem to either not pay attention to BBR at all, or hold BBR as well, and any negativity usually came from off-topic provocation by said trolls.

Fact: Both James and CZ graciously offered support to XMR, in spite of "all the hate" that the XMR community had shown them. What a couple of classy, upstanding individuals.

I'm not making accusations. I'm simply saying that at this point, any suspicion is understandable.

please make factual references with accompanying urls to said proof.  Saying something is a fact and actually being able to show evidence are two different things. please come correct.
September 06, 2014, 07:34:22 PM
My work as an analyst/statistician is not to please people but tell according to my understanding, what the possible scenarios are.

The superNET smells like a con, so there are the following possibilities:

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

I did not even assess probabilities yet because I know so little about it. I am in talks with James over the issue, and I have not found any wrong in him. If you find wrong in me when I acknowledge the possibility that your project is a scam, well then..  Roll Eyes

So why not collect proof instead of looking to FUD, you don't need to look like an idiot to make a point. Remember the proof is in the pudding, and right now all you have is theoretical ingredients for a pudding you've been dreaming up.
September 06, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
lol okay suchnekky thanks for trying to sign up on our forum as James.

IP whois for r180-216-114-*.cpe.vividwireless.net.au

% [whois.apnic.net]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

[email protected]

Feel free to not signup, you are the unwanted.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
September 06, 2014, 06:47:38 PM
Now wonder who have interest to weaken both XMR and BBR communities by playing them off against each other...

It is a kiss of DEATH to Bitcoin if some "there" try to quench the "competition".

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and if we collectively withdraw our support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

I did not even mention the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. I know there are many. Bitcoin attracts scammers but also honest people.
donator
September 06, 2014, 06:42:45 PM

I never understood all the "you XMR guys hate BBR" and vice versa.  It seems divisive, and claiming it creates it where it doesn't exist and intensifies it if it does.

Take a lesson from the politicians.  If you have any confidence, you never even mention the "other guys".  It is only when you are floundering that you go negative.
Rise above this.  Focus on the goal, and that goal does not include tearing down anything you didn't make.  The kid that kicks over the other kids sandcastles is the one that is weak and afraid and needing to appear strong.

If you ask me, it went something like:
- BBR started to rise a bit, to about 1/30 of XMR's market cap.
- there was a big influx of trolls masquerading as BBR supporters, to challenge XMR
- another flood of trolls + some actual XMR people joined in to refute "BBR group" claims
- the trolls got so annoying that I also developed some "hate towards BBR" as a result

I had all the time felt sorry towards BBR because it is a symphatetic project and CZ was a bright developer just working alone and nobody buys his coins. It was truly shocking to meet the trolls. Of all I knew, the only ones ever bought into BBR were Monero supporters, as a hedge. There should not be much rivalry.

There was no way BBR could succeed that was clear July at the latest. The price confirmed it. Nobody has ever refuted my terse claim that "BBR does not have any community - show me the proof to the contrary". I felt bad saying that.

Yes, NL - ignoring the other coins is the way to go. Too bad that they come after our blockchain to punish us from being ignored.

I don't want to conclusively label supernet as a scam because I don't have proof. Also I suspect that CZ is Andrey, but I have no proof. Further I suspect that BBR is actually a coin by CN group, as well as Monero was before the takeover. All the other CN coins likewise. This just fits the facts best. I invest accordingly, and it does not include any scamcoins (also it does not include shitcoins, pump&dumpcoins, pre/insta/ninja/fastminecoins, "coins"). There is a precious short list of stuff that qualifies, and Monero is the first, Bitcoin is accepted due to better liquidity.

*If CZ is Andrey, I personally think it is fine and does not make it a scam an sich. I am Risto, nice to meet you!
Activity: 471
September 06, 2014, 06:34:53 PM
Some people are just looking for excuses to start a fight. Either they are naturally childish and belligerent or they deliberately try to divide and spread FUD.

Now wonder who have interest to weaken both XMR and BBR communities by playing them off against each other...
donator
September 06, 2014, 06:26:45 PM
My work as an analyst/statistician is not to please people but tell according to my understanding, what the possible scenarios are.

The superNET smells like a con, so there are the following possibilities:

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

I did not even assess probabilities yet because I know so little about it. I am in talks with James over the issue, and I have not found any wrong in him. If you find wrong in me when I acknowledge the possibility that your project is a scam, well then..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 655
September 06, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

WOW

I see you've resorted to spreading fud in your own thread.

Throw some mud, and a little bit might stick hey!

jl777 has coded the multigateway, NOT the work of a petty con artist!

jl777 also compensated people fully out of his own pocket after bluemeanie scammed over 1 million NXT. I know this as I was one of the people jl777 compensated from his own pocket. Even though the offender was bluemeanie, jl777 took responsibility as he had hired bluemeanie. All this is documented on this forum, and on nxtforum.org. jl777 IS NOT a scammer, but probably most honest developer in this community.

IMO You should apologise asap, and not damage your reputation further with these attempts at trying to muddy the waters over jl777. You will fail, jl777 only looks more honest and professional, and you look scared, freaked out, and too deep into monero for your own liking.

Take a break, and think rationally while you have time. jl777 only wants to work constructively with people. I know this from my own dealings with him. Monero is a good coin, and SuperNET is a good project too. Neither is controlled by any scammers that I can see.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
September 06, 2014, 06:09:51 PM

I never understood all the "you XMR guys hate BBR" and vice versa.  It seems divisive, and claiming it creates it where it doesn't exist and intensifies it if it does.

Take a lesson from the politicians.  If you have any confidence, you never even mention the "other guys".  It is only when you are floundering that you go negative.
Rise above this.  Focus on the goal, and that goal does not include tearing down anything you didn't make.  The kid that kicks over the other kids sandcastles is the one that is weak and afraid and needing to appear strong.
Activity: 493
September 06, 2014, 06:01:58 PM

WOW

I see you've resorted to spreading fud in your own thread.

Nothing wrong with assuming caution and suggesting others to do the same

Activity: 795
Merit: 514
September 06, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

September 06, 2014, 05:24:46 PM

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
September 06, 2014, 05:09:19 PM

Activity: 493
September 06, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

You are a scam probably and with serious possibility.

Feel free to delete, you have my permission.

this is not very constructive...

i keep an eye on jl's posts when i see them and have invested in some of his ideas (and made some tidy profits). i find his posts humorous and informative but it would be unwise of me to ignore the possibility that he is running a long scam

there is so much money going in his direction right now. he has certainly set the game up well, i just hope he is a benevolent force in the cryptoworld
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
September 06, 2014, 03:58:43 PM

The amount of BTC and CNY seems to be significant. Lots of NXT too, but that's to be expected.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
September 06, 2014, 03:56:51 PM
This worries me more. If he wanted to set up something legitimate, why doesn't he want to reveal his identity? Personally if I invested in this I would be more confident and less worried if I knew the identity of the man who set it up.

Because he doesn't have to, enough people will pay anyway.

Apparently, since he's raked in several thousand btc today. I actually went and looked at the supernet pdf after today's ICO, and was not surprised to find that it's all vaporware at this point, but was a bit surprised that he says upfront 30% of supernet will be used essentially at his discretion.

Where do you see that? As of now officially(from the thread at least) he only has 1% of funds to use at his discretion. He just said that anymore than 1% would have to be requested to the stakeholders and then put to a vote.
donator
September 06, 2014, 03:23:33 PM

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
September 06, 2014, 03:17:07 PM
This worries me more. If he wanted to set up something legitimate, why doesn't he want to reveal his identity? Personally if I invested in this I would be more confident and less worried if I knew the identity of the man who set it up.

Apparently, since he's raked in several thousand btc today. I actually went and looked at the supernet pdf after today's ICO, and was not surprised to find that it's all vaporware at this point, but was a bit surprised that he says upfront 30% of supernet will be used essentially at his discretion.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
September 06, 2014, 03:06:43 PM

Pages:
Jump to: