Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer--Financial Advice From The Mentally Ill - page 4. (Read 5443 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
He made one good call in 2012 when he first invested, and since then, he's basically always wrong.

Calling the bottom at $500:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rpietila-calling-the-bottom-740394

And the monthly trend line that he no longer updates. Hmm, wonder why...?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monthly-average-usdbitcoin-price-trend-322058

He now operates as a confidence man, and suckers in the economically illiterates into believing they're making a wise decisions to buy his bitcoin bags from him. Right down to the way that he uses a picture of himself as his avatar, in a suit and tie. And of course, like all con men, he can't respond to any criticism because he knows he's wrong, so instead he bans people from this threads and deletes any posts which don't look favorable to him. Unfortunately for him, some of us have a memory of more than +/- two days and can call him out on his bullshit.
Activity: 232
Merit: 29
Don't forget he's also a September 11 troother. There was another thread a few months ago where he shared some of his batshit crazy theories.

So to anyone who follows risto.. ask yourselves... "Should I be taking financial advise from a 9/11 troother was was admitted to a mental institution against his own will? If I told my spouse or friends about this, would they approve?" I'm guessing the answer is... NO.

If rpietila IS a Septemter 11 troother than he (and I) are in alot of good company!
http://topinfopost.com/2014/02/26/75-top-professors-and-leading-scientists-claim-911-was-inside-job
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Don't forget he's also a September 11 "troother". There was another thread a few months ago where he shared some of his batshit crazy theories.

So to anyone who follows risto.. ask yourselves... "Should I be taking financial advise from a 9/11 troother was was admitted to a mental institution against his own will? If I told my spouse or friends about this, would they approve?" I'm guessing the answer is... NO.

You trying to see how many logical Fallacies you can put into a few sentences?  Cheesy

Guilt by Association & Red Herring--Introducing a topic not related to the subject at hand.
911 Truther? You mean questioning the government makes one a Truther? LOL. Heck, all of us should be so. Come to think of it, there are hundreds of architects and engineers questioning the government as well. http://www.ae911truth.org/about.html  If you even vaguely investigate what the government said happened that day AND you believe it, I've got a bridge to sell ya.

Poisoning the Well (--Presenting negative information about a person before he/she speaks so as to discredit the person's argument.)
Risto having been in a mental institution, when you look at the number (or should I say large %) of Americans on anti depressants, is not exactly a "case closed" argument regarding your opinion of him.

Regarding worrying what your spouse of friends think.
Appeal to the Popular--Urging the hearer to accept a position because a majority of people hold to it.

Lets just look at his research, much of which is quite interesting (and some true), instead of Ad Hominem'ing Risto.

Its about sharing, not attacking  Roll Eyes

p.s. - learn http://carm.org/logical-fallacies-or-fallacies-argumentation
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Don't forget he's also a September 11 "troother". There was another thread a few months ago where he shared some of his batshit crazy theories.

Wow, those things are so related! Pro ad hominem!

You can call it ad hom if you want, but personally I avoid taking financial advice from guys who have been committed against their will and believe in deranged theories about 9/11. And you know...? So far it has served me quite well!
Activity: 378
Merit: 254

This guy is a textbook paranoiac, that's why it's related.  He thinks the world is conspiring to block his shine, claiming that "Already in 2008 I was so dangerous that an armed team of 8 guys was sent to my home at daybreak."

It's not his character but the sorry state of what once was his mind that's being discussed.  And why people like him *are* a danger to others.
What's funny is I can't make up a story any more ludicrous than his reality.
Imagine getting dragged off to a mental hospital after belligerently accusing the owners and staff of a luxury hotel of theft?  You know what the theft was?  An unsecured MacBook left by him in a sauna where he was entertaining his friends, the other "Supernodes."  Batshit crazy.  Paranoia, delusions of persecution, delusions of grandeur, full-blown mania--it's in there.
And people LISTEN TO HIM.

That poor BitChick woman is probably going to get divorced from [or worse, beaten by] her husband if she doesn't stop.  Crazyness.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Don't forget he's also a September 11 troother. There was another thread a few months ago where he shared some of his batshit crazy theories.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

Every day, there is more freedom from oppressive governments because of Bitcoin. You don't see it because your government is your all-inclusive udder. But look at the people from whom the money to feed you is coming. They need it.

All this libertarian claptrap is a red herring used to pump the price.  Early adopters have major baggage that need greater fools to dump on.

The only thing anyone should look at when investing REAL money is the price action.  Bitcoin is a bubble that is deflating.  Anyone taking your advice would have been losing money.  

He thread banned me cause I called him out on being wrong about the price action and trying to divert the topic to "freedoms".  Yet people here still following this nut case because he got lucky ONCE
Pages:
Jump to: