Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 58. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
Anyone going to be at the US ETF conference today for the bitcoin presentation?

http://www.etf.com/inside-etfs-conference/agenda.html

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Self-moderated thread means that the OP is the admin.

Deletion means that your content is not needed.

Please help yourselves to the forum rules.

- Both are now banned from the thread. Any further posting will result in application to be banned from the forum. (I have about 85% hit rate in these so try your luck at your own risk.)
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
...I am not writing a qur'an here. My words have a context, without which it's hard to understand and childish to criticize.

Perhaps you could remind me of the context for "rpietila Calling the Bottom" on August 15th?  Or your predictions that we'll see $300k USD coin by last Christmas?

Re. "not writing a qur'an":  But like arcane spiritual texts, your typings are totally open to interpretation, inaccessible to infidels, and not subject to laws of logic & math?

Perhaps he could or perhaps you could figure stuff out for yourself. Everything is open to interpretation.

I think you are in the wrong place. This is a place where we discuss things that *might* happen, whereas you clearly know exactly what *will* happen. So obviously you know to sell all your BTC right now if you have any, put your money in the bank, and never come back.

chapeau !  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
...I am not writing a qur'an here. My words have a context, without which it's hard to understand and childish to criticize.

Perhaps you could remind me of the context for "rpietila Calling the Bottom" on August 15th?  Or your predictions that we'll see $300k USD coin by last Christmas?

Re. "not writing a qur'an":  But like arcane spiritual texts, your typings are totally open to interpretation, inaccessible to infidels, and not subject to laws of logic & math?

Perhaps he could or perhaps you could figure stuff out for yourself. Everything is open to interpretation.

I think you are in the wrong place. This is a place where we discuss things that *might* happen, whereas you clearly know exactly what *will* happen. So obviously you know to sell all your BTC right now if you have any, put your money in the bank, and never come back.
donator
I would prefer to be remembered as a person who has been able to make good money on methodological investment, than by random quotes taken out of context.

Why?

Because the first thing is a hard, indisputable fact. The second is endless talk, and to do it justice, you would need to have lived through the times and could connect all the 5000+ posts, which you (or even I anymore) cannot do.

I am not writing a qur'an here. My words have a context, without which it's hard to understand and childish to criticize.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
 We should overlook the fact that rpietila's predictions are laughably wrong, as long as the theories which netted them sound nice?

There is a Time factor t in SU,

I can't judge  @rpietila predictions by your statements. Would you like to quote some of them, I mean this which you evoked?.

Many thank's!

Activity: 280
... Simply, most of his predictions  have been fulfilled in real world, and honestly I feel myself bad founding his works so late.

If you ignore all of his price predictions Undecided
*But don't, they're hilarious.

This is what we have deal with within our community on every day basis.

From one side of view we meet a lot of expectations to become rich in a seconds. Others will notice long term speculations and adjust their expectations to market flow.

I like a way this guy is describing forces on the market. He may be wrong, but as much I read his posts it seems for me,  he knows where are the targets and vector directions.

Not sure I understand.
I was told that a tree is known by its fruit, but you say it ain't so?  We should overlook the fact that rpietila's predictions are laughably wrong, as long as the theories which netted them sound nice?
[

He had like 100 prediction, all were wrong but 2.... most of you are new here around, so don't make me even mention the $ 300K coins that he "promised" noobs and the one million dollar coins he keep talking about...

Edit: and yes, I will leave this thread, it is just a cluster fuck of idiots and idiotic statements, I could not resist at first, but fuck it, I want to see you getting burned so bad now... you don't deserve my common sense around here.

Sir, it may be widely appreciated decision, personally I wish you enough strenght to fulfil your statement.
... Simply, most of his predictions  have been fulfilled in real world, and honestly I feel myself bad founding his works so late.

This is what we have deal with within our community on every day basis.

From one side of view we meet a lot of expectations to become rich in a seconds. Others will notice long term speculations and adjust their expectations to market flow.

I like a way this guy is describing forces on the market. He may be wrong, but as much I read his posts it seems for me,  he knows where are the targets and vector directions.
Activity: 280
... Simply, most of his predictions  have been fulfilled in real world, and honestly I feel myself bad founding his works so late.

Tipping a guy who has around 10,000 coins!!!   Shocked Grin Avoid to tip below 10btc.  Grin

Obviously it's more about symbolic appreciation then real money deal. Simply, most of his predictions  have been fulfilled in real world, and honestly I feel myself bad founding his works so late.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
bullshit, he doesn't own that much of BTC.... and I think he never did.

mmitech, you are still banned from the thread for your past crimes, even if you behave well now. Repentance is required for the ban to be lifted.

So, this is your answer?...cool, what ever makes you happy Cheesy

I don't know exactly how many coins Risto has, and i don't attach any importance to this. I like to read him, and i prefer this thread to the trolly wall observer, so i read this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

mmitech, you are still banned from the thread for your past crimes, even if you behave well now. Repentance is required for the ban to be lifted.

So, this is your answer?...cool, what ever makes you happy Cheesy
legendary

legendary
Dear R Pietila,

I have been spending a lots of time recently on biggest forum thread about BTC / USD trends got exhausted after enormous level of trolling and FUD spreaded there, and luckily  after discovering this thread I have to say: thank you for creating it and keeping appropriate   level of discussion.

Thank you again and let me tip you small (right now) amount of BTC regarding your work.

Tipping a guy who has around 10,000 coins!!!   Shocked Grin Avoid to tip below 10btc.  Grin
Dear R Pietila,

I have been spending a lots of time recently on biggest forum thread about BTC / USD trends got exhausted after enormous level of trolling and FUD spreaded there, and luckily  after discovering this thread I have to say: thank you for creating it and keeping appropriate   level of discussion.

Thank you again and let me tip you small (right now) amount of BTC regarding your work.
donator
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
A friend of mine had a hard time understanding Bitcoin. He owns quite many, but is plagued with inane -EV concepts of daytrading, such as panic selling, and "buying back lower".

I just told him: "Bitcoin. It's like land. If someone offers you less for your land than what it's worth, you just give a hardly-noticeable smile and wave him away." Land is not to be sold. Unless you need the money.

You don't constantly trade in-out your land. Same: Just don't sell your bitcoins.

Economic 101: "your item is only worth what the best bidder is willing to pay"

forum reading 101: He's talking about EV decisions (expected value)

It just depends who you are asking, in this particular case the EV is much lower...got it ? this is why we rely on the price.
Activity: 71
Merit: 16

The expected value of a poker hand can be determined using factors such as pot size, players, and probability. Those are objective measures. Warren is saying that it doesn't apply to bitcoin, because there are no objective measures to pull to come up with a proper EV.

That is how EV works. You can't just say.. there is VC investment in some third party exchanges and more stores are accepting bitcoin, so that means it has positive EV. That's just an optimistic guess... not EV.

Fundamentals(statisticated) and TA could be considered objective measurements. But I don't agree with your opinion that you need objective measurements for EV calculations in the first place.
If I had to purchase a hooker and one would look like you, the other like Penelope Cruz. I would estimate my EV  is greater with the Penelope Cruz lookalike. But beauty, hotness,... is not a objective measurement.
Activity: 660
Merit: 101
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
Argue about semantics all you want, but make sure not to miss OP's two important wealth management insights (otherwise why do you come here in the first place):

Land is not to be sold. Unless you need the money. You don't constantly trade in-out your land.

Same: Just don't sell your bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: