Pages:
Author

Topic: rumors of 3.5Th antminer S7 "lite" - page 4. (Read 8641 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 04, 2015, 09:06:15 PM
UPS on a miner is a waste of money, if you have reliable power.

Electric being effectively "free" during the winter doesn't require you to have electric heat - miner heat generation cuts gas bills for heating quite well too.
 There is a limit though, if you have enough miner heat output to exceed how much heating you actually NEED.

They are saying they are tripping breakers, and UPS stops it from it.  I think it sounds like your putting to much load through your wires if you have to use things like this not to trip the breaker.

You really should just stop mining if your using the other device that trips it.  I don't like to play around with electricity.

no everything is fine in the winter all my UPS does "Never mind filtering" is kicks in when the main breaker kicks out so I don't have to restart my miners I got 20 minutes on battery power never tested it beyond that. anyway this only happens in the summer when there are three 1500 watt air conditioners in the summer and then my wife decides to turn on the 1500 watt microwave with everything else running. in the winter the main or sub breaker never tripped out once.

if she wants to use the toaster or microwave I just shut off one of the A>C units only in the summer. Believe me I have power meters installed in my breaker box by an electrician Everything is well monitored I don't like fires my life is more important than anything . I am a safety nut. I even have a FLUKE IR thermometer to measure heat om the plus and power cords.

and no a battery backup ups is not a waste of money it does the best job of protecting your miners from brownouts also you can monitor your line voltage on your laptop or pc.

Also has remote management I can shut down or reboot my PC or turn on and off any miner even REBOOT the PSU from anywhere or completely power off everything and don't have to be home.  Grin Grin Grin

Got it on EBAY for $199.00 with no battery's which you need for it to work, Then Paid another $80.00 bucks for the battery's even got free shipping on both it is A TON with the batterys lol lol lol. works well as you can see.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2015, 07:55:24 PM

Electric being effectively "free" during the winter doesn't require you to have electric heat - miner heat generation cuts gas bills for heating quite well too.
 There is a limit though, if you have enough miner heat output to exceed how much heating you actually NEED.

They are saying they are tripping breakers, and UPS stops it from it.  I think it sounds like your putting to much load through your wires if you have to use things like this not to trip the breaker.

You really should just stop mining if your using the other device that trips it.  I don't like to play around with electricity.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 04, 2015, 06:59:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 04, 2015, 06:13:30 PM
I should do good I am going to team my S7 up when it comes with my S5. should have 4.86 TH/s + 1.23 TH/s = 6.09 TH/s and with free electric stated in my rent agreement wew !  Grin

I would read it and make sure there is not a clause that prevents spikes.  Those two are 2300ish watt's so $5.68 per day in electricity so in 30 day's around 170 + all the electricity you normally use (assuming 10 cents this could be wrong).

Assuming you use heat for winter I'm guessing that plus over 2k in mining gear will get a call from landlord.  But I could be wrong.

nope not at all the agreement stated no charge for excessive usage. I am running to S3's + one S5 with a trip lite 3000 watt SMARTPRO UPS and my gaming PC and it is using 1960 watt at the wall and never got a call and wont.

plus two refrigerators and 3 A.C units at 1500 watts each. the only problem I get is in the summer when wife turns on microwave or the toaster the main breaker kicks out that's why I bought the 3000 watt UPS.  Grin

A.C units in summer lol.

Good idea on the UPS, wondering if i should get on one my co-used breakers for example there are some breakers i'm not mining on because i need to have access to them for cooking or cleaning etc. But its not like you use them most of the 24 hours in a day.

I'm guessing i just need a UPS that will feed the spikes and just drain max 1440watts at any time.

Also during the winter, if you have cold winter where you live, the heat generated by the miner is just going to cut the heating bill. Assuming you heat with electricity.
November 04, 2015, 06:09:13 PM
I should do good I am going to team my S7 up when it comes with my S5. should have 4.86 TH/s + 1.23 TH/s = 6.09 TH/s and with free electric stated in my rent agreement wew !  Grin

I would read it and make sure there is not a clause that prevents spikes.  Those two are 2300ish watt's so $5.68 per day in electricity so in 30 day's around 170 + all the electricity you normally use (assuming 10 cents this could be wrong).

Assuming you use heat for winter I'm guessing that plus over 2k in mining gear will get a call from landlord.  But I could be wrong.

nope not at all the agreement stated no charge for excessive usage. I am running to S3's + one S5 with a trip lite 3000 watt SMARTPRO UPS and my gaming PC and it is using 1960 watt at the wall and never got a call and wont.

plus two refrigerators and 3 A.C units at 1500 watts each. the only problem I get is in the summer when wife turns on microwave or the toaster the main breaker kicks out that's why I bought the 3000 watt UPS.  Grin

A.C units in summer lol.
legendary
November 04, 2015, 02:56:07 PM

November 04, 2015, 02:26:03 PM

I may fire the baby up again for swap'ing electric for btc

Just buy the BTC, it's faster.

There is something about being a miner.  Some including myself truly love it.  Its a great hobby for those of us who go over the "home" mining amount.

Also it's pretty profitable for some.  At 230 I was running profitable..... so at 465.69 (100 percent up) I'm doing very very good at mining.  

I love it as well especially when my electric is free as STATED IN MY RENT AGREEMENT. I just cant wait to they ship my S7.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nice understatement here, got close to 500$ on Coinbase and I was already running S4 efficiency probability at 220$. The best part of it is the difficulty is not keeping up currently.
With the returns on my old miners, picking up S7 lites sound pretty good right now, when S5 and even S3 are being grabbed at crazy prices thats more expensive by the GH/s than a S7 from Bitmain.

Not surprised Batch 5 is already sold out.

legendary
November 04, 2015, 01:55:35 PM

There is something about being a miner.  Some including myself truly love it.  Its a great hobby for those of us who go over the "home" mining amount.

Also it's pretty profitable for some.  At 230 I was running profitable..... so at 465.69 (100 percent up) I'm doing very very good at mining.  

I love it as well especially when my electric is free as STATED IN MY RENT AGREEMENT. I just cant wait to they ship my S7.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nice understatement here, got close to 500$ on Coinbase and I was already running S4 efficiency probability at 220$. The best part of it is the difficulty is not keeping up currently.
With the returns on my old miners, picking up S7 lites sound pretty good right now, when S5 and even S3 are being grabbed at crazy prices thats more expensive by the GH/s than a S7 from Bitmain.

Not surprised Batch 5 is already sold out.
November 04, 2015, 12:35:48 PM

legendary
November 04, 2015, 07:11:47 AM

There is something about being a miner.  Some including myself truly love it.  Its a great hobby for those of us who go over the "home" mining amount.

Also it's pretty profitable for some.  At 230 I was running profitable..... so at 465.69 (100 percent up) I'm doing very very good at mining. 
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 04, 2015, 06:53:47 AM

November 04, 2015, 05:50:44 AM
wow BTC is sky rocketing Just ordered my brand new S7 which I did not have enough for until it sky rocketed now have to wait until NOV-23 until they ship then about 3 to 4 days until it gets to my door.

Bought it from batch 5 which is already sold out. hope it still sky rockets by then which I doubt lol lol.  Grin

sorry shipping may start nov 23 to dec 03 and then that 10 day late thing this is crazy guess I have to wait.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
November 04, 2015, 03:39:45 AM
I would like the rumour to be true, a 2 board 3.5TH lower priced S7 makes a lot of sense. Looking back at the original source it has a low key matter of fact ring of truth to it .

New s7 information
bitmain told me that new s7 will be released to market after another 10 days, so should be on 10th Nov, they deduce the chip amount on s7, so the hashrate of new s7 will be only around 3.5T. The price for new s7 still under discussion and will be released next week

However... if you look at the detail the maths never did add up to a 2 Board 3.5TH S7 more like 3.2TH. The OP was on the 24th October, "next week" for "price release" was last week. 10 elapsed days is Today the 3rd. 10 Working days is this coming Friday which is the 6th and yet the "release to market" is on the 10th?

So nothing adds up, so perhaps it was all just confused with Batch 4 & 5 of the S7?

Anyway we can live in hope as it would be a good addition to the range and straight competition for the B-Eleven & Avalon6.  Smiley

Rich

A 3.5 TH/s would be fine with better thermal dissipation and better volt control for a higher OC i would think, but i acknowledge that the information seem a bit wushy washy. All in all, we'll know for sure in a week and meanwhile no point in planning your finance around the S7 Lite.

with the current value of bitcoin, they will probably price it too a very high amount, i think buying miners right now is a bad investment, miners should be bought when bitcoin is dead, and mine now with the mega pump

heh posted this on another thread below...essentially my KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner would now ONLY lose 11 bucks a month in electric vs payout in BTC at 13c kwh...so go baby go
I may fire the baby up again for swap'ing electric for btc...come to think of it....its winter I probably could justify turning it on now as a 'space heater' lol Smiley

link with details and btc calc used below

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12878694

So I would IMAGINE that a lot of S7 and S5+ guys that got miners (at least with USD) are now happy as clams...(assuming their first batch stuff works kinda/sorta as advertised)

So it could get interesting with 'old miners' pop'ing up..if only for a 'brief time' till difficulty sinks them again..but still...kinda funny imho Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 04, 2015, 03:32:29 AM
I would like the rumour to be true, a 2 board 3.5TH lower priced S7 makes a lot of sense. Looking back at the original source it has a low key matter of fact ring of truth to it .

New s7 information
bitmain told me that new s7 will be released to market after another 10 days, so should be on 10th Nov, they deduce the chip amount on s7, so the hashrate of new s7 will be only around 3.5T. The price for new s7 still under discussion and will be released next week

However... if you look at the detail the maths never did add up to a 2 Board 3.5TH S7 more like 3.2TH. The OP was on the 24th October, "next week" for "price release" was last week. 10 elapsed days is Today the 3rd. 10 Working days is this coming Friday which is the 6th and yet the "release to market" is on the 10th?

So nothing adds up, so perhaps it was all just confused with Batch 4 & 5 of the S7?

Anyway we can live in hope as it would be a good addition to the range and straight competition for the B-Eleven & Avalon6.  Smiley

Rich

A 3.5 TH/s would be fine with better thermal dissipation and better volt control for a higher OC i would think, but i acknowledge that the information seem a bit wushy washy. All in all, we'll know for sure in a week and meanwhile no point in planning your finance around the S7 Lite.

with the current value of bitcoin, they will probably price it too a very high amount, i think buying miners right now is a bad investment, miners should be bought when bitcoin is dead, and mine now with the mega pump
legendary
November 03, 2015, 09:25:51 PM

New s7 information

Rich

I'm not sure what to think on the leak at this point.  The price does not make sense on his latest leak:

avalon delayed the shipment of a6 to the end of this week, bitmain release new s7 now, seems like new s7's hashrate is not stable for single unit, so they want to sell according to real hash rate of miner, the price for large order exceeding 1P hash rate is 430$ per T h/s. so i will sell according to 470$ per T h/s(40$ for psu and other fee). you can reply with how much hashrate you want to buy, then i can decide how much i should order.
Ok
new s7, 470$ per T hash/s Smiley

So... not sure if he was leaking false info for reasons.  Or if right and just some numbers got mixed up.
legendary
November 03, 2015, 07:47:28 PM

New s7 information

Rich

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 03, 2015, 06:59:18 PM

New s7 information

Rich
legendary
November 03, 2015, 06:18:12 PM
Interesting rumors on imminent introduction of antminer S7 'lite" hashing at 3.5 Th
Speculate on price...
My take: ~3.5 BTC initially ($1000), eventually down to 3 BTC.

So much for this theory BITMAIN just posted two new batches 4 and 5 of the S7 and I don't see a S7 lite. so is this theory hogwash ?

This one could go either way, however rumoured release date was the 10th.

Rich

We do not know how accurate his info is. I thought accurate at first.  But his latest leak on price on S7 in bulk does not add up since it's cheaper to buy S7 as a regular customer then what he claims a 1 PH customer gets.

So I'm losing faith in the info that was leaked.

I very much hope the fact come through because i could really use a S7 lite right now. Right now buying a full S7 is a bit iffy considering how much money you're putting in limbo for a minimum of 1 month, since the shipping is not due for one month. =/

I don't know how sure I am of his info.   He said a price that was higher if you bought 1  PH then if you just bought 1 miner per T.  So either a typo or miscommunication or something.

But it makes me wonder on his leaks when the price did not add up right on one of them.
legendary
November 03, 2015, 05:35:10 PM
Interesting rumors on imminent introduction of antminer S7 'lite" hashing at 3.5 Th
Speculate on price...

So much for this theory BITMAIN just posted two new batches 4 and 5 of the S7 and I don't see a S7 lite. so is this theory hogwash ?

Rich

We do not know how accurate his info is. I thought accurate at first.  But his latest leak on price on S7 in bulk does not add up since it's cheaper to buy S7 as a regular customer then what he claims a 1 PH customer gets.

I very much hope the fact come through because i could really use a S7 lite right now. Right now buying a full S7 is a bit iffy considering how much money you're putting in limbo for a minimum of 1 month, since the shipping is not due for one month. =/
legendary
November 03, 2015, 09:53:28 AM
Speculate on price...

Rich

Pages:
Jump to: