Pages:
Author

Topic: rumors of 3.5Th antminer S7 "lite" - page 8. (Read 8641 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 25, 2015, 03:28:23 AM
if that would be really the price, it would be very good with 900w consumption, and only half of the investment of his big brother, bu still with 3/4 of the power

i think they can still release another version with half the power and 1/3 of the cost
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2015, 08:32:33 PM
Lee is a major hoster in China so he gets okay info.

i also doubt that he would have posted that without permission; it looked like an approved info leak.

I don't know on this.  If you read any NDA is this game this is covered as info you cannot give out.  I would be very surprised if it was approved.

Is there any reason on him leaking is he out of current S7's?  I'm guessing his info is ok as-well but I think there was a bushiness reason he released it now with a timeline when no one else has said a peep.

I just cannot see a "approved leak".  I do like that the info came out but he is braver then I for leaking and chances are having a NDA with them.

Au contraire, i can easily see that. In fact, their competition (BW) just posted an interview where they claimed 0.87BTC/Th (or even per the 3.3 TH machine, which i think was a misquote as the price difference would be too big) for 1ph orders. Leaking some info without an official announcement is a perfect way to reduce the competitor hype without truly committing to any hard numbers. A trial baloon, if you will, aimed to reduce the competitors pre-orders (which are actually going on right now until Nov 11).
Besides, leaking now is harmless with regards to the current situation as there are no miners to purchase.

I always think most actions have a reason behind them.  If you look now the "source" bought 3PH he say's in avalon and want's to sell cloud mining

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12777226

So I suspect in coming day's there is a order he will do on cloud, and try to push antminer to a 2nd in sales compared to his cloud.   Which if you read he does not want to part out as he say's a RPI can control 60 units.

But we all know a RPI can be bought for 35 bucks and they could easily be parted.  So ... look at it on day's coming and you will see reason.  I mean it works out good for us since we got likely good info, but always a reason.

Edit noticed he said they ship on "31th Oct" so that gives him a shot at selling cloud before the Nov 10 date he said on the bitmain new S7.   So likely we will see a push for sales of the cloud during that time period.   
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
October 24, 2015, 08:08:00 PM

i also doubt that he would have posted that without permission; it looked like an approved info leak.

I don't know on this.  If you read any NDA is this game this is covered as info you cannot give out.  I would be very surprised if it was approved.

Is there any reason on him leaking is he out of current S7's?  I'm guessing his info is ok as-well but I think there was a bushiness reason he released it now with a timeline when no one else has said a peep.

I just cannot see a "approved leak".  I do like that the info came out but he is braver then I for leaking and chances are having a NDA with them.

Au contraire, i can easily see that. In fact, their competition (BW) just posted an interview where they claimed 0.87BTC/Th (or even per the 3.3 TH machine, which i think was a misquote as the price difference would be too big) for 1ph orders. Leaking some info without an official announcement is a perfect way to reduce the competitor hype without truly committing to any hard numbers. A trial baloon, if you will, aimed to reduce the competitors pre-orders (which are actually going on right now until Nov 11).
Besides, leaking now is harmless with regards to the current situation as there are no miners to purchase.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
October 24, 2015, 03:39:44 PM
Thanks much appreciated. I wonder when released if the price would cause S7 price on Hashnest to tank. I have been waiting to buy S7 but not at the current premium demanded by sellers.
legendary
October 24, 2015, 03:25:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
October 24, 2015, 03:10:18 PM
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
October 24, 2015, 03:02:29 PM
Here's where I read it.

New s7 information
bitmain told me that new s7 will be released to market after another 10 days, so should be on 10th Nov, they deduce the chip amount on s7, so the hashrate of new s7 will be only around 3.5T. The price for new s7 still under discussion and will be released next week

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
October 24, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
Interesting rumors on imminent introduction of antminer S7 'lite" hashing at 3.5 Th
Speculate on price...
My take: ~3.5 BTC initially ($1000), eventually down to 3 BTC.

Links please.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
October 24, 2015, 02:46:28 PM
Here's a repeat on my speculation as to how they achieve 3.5TH

Very interesting and a very big drop.The OP indicates a reduction in the number of chips and the simplest way to get it would be to go for a 2 Board version?

However to get 3.5TH from 2 of the current Boards you would need to run at 650MHz to give 3510TH which given the underclocked releases we have seen from 600MHz to 575MHz & 550MHz could be a problem?

650MHz is within the capability of the chip however the core voltage would be a little low for that hash rate. So if 2 boards I think they might need to change the number of chips on the boards?

The above does not quite adds up so perhaps the other approach would be to depopulate the boards reducing each from 18 tripples to 18 doubles. So total chips from 162 to 108? However unless you up the clock rate you still fall a bit short of 3.5TH, but in either scheme 3.1TH - 3.2TH  would work. We will have to wait & see.  Smiley

On the price I think they will want to head off the B-Eleven which I think we will see for a one off price of 3BTC, $850. So  given that they will beat BW.com to market with a 3TH Miner I think that Biodom is on the money.  Smiley

Rich
legendary
October 24, 2015, 01:21:50 PM
Interesting rumors on imminent introduction of antminer S7 'lite" hashing at 3.5 Th
Speculate on price...
My take: ~3.5 BTC initially ($1000), eventually down to 3 BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: