Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 14. (Read 69690 times)

legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
AJRGale and KingColex--

Thanks for the answer.  Maybe some person will donate a used S7...       --scryptr
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
1385 CHIP--

Any chance that there may be a 1385 chip design with single or multiple chips?  It seems Antminer is using fewer chips and higher clocks in their most recent S7 unit batches.  Surely the challenge looms big for your talent...  250GH/s from a USB pod should be tempting.       --scryptr

its been talked about before.. I'll just recap: Bitman refuses to sell any of the chips, so sidehack hasn't had any R&D time with them and cannot produce a production model.
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
1385 CHIP--

Any chance that there may be a 1385 chip design with single or multiple chips?  It seems Antminer is using fewer chips and higher clocks in their most recent S7 unit batches.  Surely the challenge looms big for your talent...  250GH/s from a USB pod should be tempting.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yeah I just got back into town after being gone since Wednesday morning. I'll restart the assembly line tomorrow and work on getting caught up, but I will lose a day or two this week with having to do electrical installs for a hosting expansion.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
i'm sure its due to thanksgiving time because i sent some BTC and he hasnt updated the quantity ordered yet.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
314 sticks paid (197 shipped)
It stays 197 shipped for a long time. I need to do a birthday present please.
i was really wondering if these are the sorts of things that can be programmed eventually to do other algos - like x11 ...

ASIC = Application-Specific Integrated Circuit. the silicon is built for once purpose, SHA256D.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

there is no available asic for x11 to what I know. If I recall correctly, there was a little hack to make Scrypt ASIC do some of the calculation of x11, I could be wrong, never looked it to the idea, it was just one of them things passing me in the forums here..
No I think the idea was a hack to allow an asic to do an scrypt N but you would have to be able to change the N variable in the end I don't believe anything happened.

This was a big one a while back multiple miners that turned out to be vaporware claimed to be working on multi scrypt algo asic.   Nothing ever came of it and it's just straight scrypt so far.

If anyone did manage it they did not make it open for public.  But considering how long ago people were saying they were working on it and we heard nothing in a long time I don't think even in secret there is a asic doing N and X11, etc.

Well there you go, it was bullshit I came across
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
i was really wondering if these are the sorts of things that can be programmed eventually to do other algos - like x11 ...

ASIC = Application-Specific Integrated Circuit. the silicon is built for once purpose, SHA256D.

there is no available asic for x11 to what I know. If I recall correctly, there was a little hack to make Scrypt ASIC do some of the calculation of x11, I could be wrong, never looked it to the idea, it was just one of them things passing me in the forums here..
No I think the idea was a hack to allow an asic to do an scrypt N but you would have to be able to change the N variable in the end I don't believe anything happened.

This was a big one a while back multiple miners that turned out to be vaporware claimed to be working on multi scrypt algo asic.   Nothing ever came of it and it's just straight scrypt so far.

If anyone did manage it they did not make it open for public.  But considering how long ago people were saying they were working on it and we heard nothing in a long time I don't think even in secret there is a asic doing N and X11, etc.

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Well just broke down and got my 3rd Gekko 8gh USB stick coming via paypal again (yeah big spender) Smiley

I'm stuck at work with overtime so wtf.

(They are like popcorn damn it) Smiley

no lets be accurate here

they are hardware crack
zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★

im interested in asics for a project that may come about next year ...

they're based on Bitmain BM1384.
so they'll do whatever the chip can do ?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
 Well just broke down and got my 3rd Gekko 8gh USB stick coming via paypal again (yeah big spender) Smiley

I'm stuck at work with overtime so wtf.

(They are like popcorn damn it) Smiley

Well only planning 5 to a hub due to heat...so may be out of his gekko miner clutches at 5 total at most. (er maybe) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Besides a new ASIC, I could improve buck-driver input voltage ripple isolation, and do digital voltage control, maybe improve LDOs. But I won't worry about any of that unless I get a new ASIC. Very likely I won't build any more Compacs after this next batch, of which some 180 are still up for grabs.

what can they mine? ...

id like to know how they work if you dont mind giving me a quick rundown ...

im a gpu miner - and have no real exposure to these asics ...

id be interested in adding then to thefarm if they are worth the effort and cost ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hate to be the dick here, check page 1. it has every bit of information you need Wink

just goes to show how lazy i am ...

a lot to do today - which is why i am rushing things ...

tanx for the info ...

im interested in asics for a project that may come about next year ...

but tanx again ...

#crysx
Besides a new ASIC, I could improve buck-driver input voltage ripple isolation, and do digital voltage control, maybe improve LDOs. But I won't worry about any of that unless I get a new ASIC. Very likely I won't build any more Compacs after this next batch, of which some 180 are still up for grabs.

what can they mine? ...

id be interested in adding then to thefarm if they are worth the effort and cost ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hate to be the dick here, check page 1. it has every bit of information you need Wink
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

what can they mine? ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Probably the pod miner, or maybe some work on the full boards.  The compac stick is pretty darn complete and solid, I'm not sure what could be improved if a v2 was ever even to be considered.
legendary
legendary
There are two large orders ahead of you in the queue totalling 91 miners. This week is a short week for the holiday, and spent on hosting and prototyping, so no further manufacture will occur until next week.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
hum

i think i will buy some but bitshopper is too expensive ...

is it really not possible - i read some pages here - to buy some directly not over bitshopper?
it looks like asicpuppy.com has only 1 in stock?!

Ask crazyguy, asicpuppy.com is his site: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/crazyguy-25223
Pages:
Jump to: