Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 12. (Read 69690 times)

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

And I don't see to many saying it but congratulations on selling so many sticks Sidehack.  It's great to see the community enjoyed this product, as it really is a fun product to play with and use.

Yes, i have to agree, Congrats sidehack, you did it! thank you for the entertainment of showing us the development and successful product.

Now we all wait for some company to pull its thumb out of its butt and start supplying chips to the public.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Amazon eats 10% off the top; Ebay eats 10% off the top; PayPal eats 3% and Coinbase eats 1%. eBay sales would have about a 13% markup from what I'd sell directly. I'll worry about 10% and 13% but not 3% or 1% (unless it's a seriously big sale) so I just eat the transaction fees on direct sales.

I sold a few of my batch 1's on ebay, to be able to buy more when batch 2 opened up.  They really do eat into profit quite a bit by time you add up ebay and paypal fee's.   Also shipping to on 1 stick in most cases.

I will say i have not listed any for quite a while just was a pain.  So many want them for the 25 dollars.  I had a lot of offers where  I would lose money, not many where I made money. 

bitminerjoe on Amazon is Crazyguy here in bitcointalk. If you want to buy from him directly go to https://asicpuppy.com .
I ordered my R1 from Crazyguy with his custom firmware loaded, he's a stand-up guy and I would recommend buying from him any day of the week (but use his site, not Amazon).

On R1 I got mine from crazyguy aswell getting it with custom firmware I highly suggest

And I don't see to many saying it but congratulations on selling so many sticks Sidehack.  It's great to see the community enjoyed this product, as it really is a fun product to play with and use.
legendary
Activity: 1274
bitminerjoe on Amazon is Crazyguy here in bitcointalk. If you want to buy from him directly go to https://asicpuppy.com .
I ordered my R1 from Crazyguy with his custom firmware loaded, he's a stand-up guy and I would recommend buying from him any day of the week (but use his site, not Amazon).
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
His price at his own website is also lower, indicating just how much of a mark up is needed to cover Amazon's fees.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Well that makes the preorder timeline make a bit more sense, since CrazyGuy is the only bulk sale I have left to ship out.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
legendary
Amazon eats 10% off the top; Ebay eats 10% off the top; PayPal eats 3% and Coinbase eats 1%. eBay sales would have about a 13% markup from what I'd sell directly. I'll worry about 10% and 13% but not 3% or 1% (unless it's a seriously big sale) so I just eat the transaction fees on direct sales.
legendary
My Amazon and eBay accounts are both under MidwestRefurb, as I shifted to my current work after a couple years fixing and reselling LCDs and computers. This listing must be from a reseller, but I don't know which one. If I had sticks listed on Amazon they'd be about thirty bucks to compensate for Amazon's fees. You know they even take a cut off what the customer is billed for shipping, right?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Check this out...
http://www.amazon.com/GekkoScience-Compac-Stick-Bitcoin-BM1384/dp/B016CWBYJK

is this news or what?
a chance to buy a stick for Christmas...new batch from pulled out chips or a reseller?

I doubt this is actually Sidehack, he is a very very standup guy and charging 45$ for his stick on Amazon doesn't seem like him. It is listed as a preorder so it could be him and the GEKKOSCIENCE account or it is an imposter.

I think that it is totally cool to charge $45 in any case considering how much work went into this, especially if chips would have to be individually tested beforehand.
However, it could be someone else, hence a question mark.
EDIT: yeah, it is some fella named bitminerjoe
Activity: 735
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
if you scroll down in it you see that it is sold and shipped by bitminerjoe
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Check this out...
http://www.amazon.com/GekkoScience-Compac-Stick-Bitcoin-BM1384/dp/B016CWBYJK

is this news or what?
a chance to buy a stick for Christmas...new batch from pulled out chips or a reseller?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Howdy.  I just wanted to share my little experiment with the sidehack stick.  I have two and was running them at default setting with no cooling for a while then I decide to slowly ramp up the power and the cooling.  I've now got both sticks at 800mV and I've been running a day at a time at increasing clock rates.  I'm now at 425mHz on both for about 4 hours and with an 80mm fan each, probably overkill,  the sticks are hot but I can still grab the heatsinks and hold on and not get burned (my scientific temperature measurement).  I had 450 for a while but I think I didn't ramp it up slowly and I think I caused a surge so I had to go back to 425.  I'm running cgminer on ubuntu 14.04 on my xtra laptop and the sticks and fans are connected to a powered 12V 3A 10-port usb 3.0 hub.  hub is also plugged into the 3.0 port on my laptop but I don't know if it's getting any of that ports power.  These sticks are really well built and I'm having a blast tinkering with them.  I ordered 10 more last week and I can't wait to set them up.  Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what your next project is.

http://imgur.com/a/9kvR8
legendary
The shop is out of town, and I'm usually here pretty much every hour that the post office is open. Tuesdays and Fridays are errand days so shipping tends to happen then and at almost no other time. Today is a Tuesday so I just shipped out some and will update the post accordingly. The next time I ship will be Friday and I'll probably update it sometime around then.

Also, kingcolex, your order went out today.

Also, sales are closed for now.
legendary
Sidehack do you happen to keep the number of shipped units on the OP of this thread updated or do you ship them out and occasionally update the shipped number?

I think some place in this long list of posts he said he does but atm is building the last batch , so none really have been shipped .  but I'm sure, I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Just sent you some BTC.  I emailed you the details.  Hopefully you have a couple left.
legendary
The other thing making that ordeal pointless is Bitmain stopped manufacturing and selling BM1384 six months ago.

I have already stated that I will not build a large-scale board with a 12-month-old chip that can only be gotten by scrounging used from 12-month-old boards.

Additionally, there are better places to discuss hardware dev plans - like the hardware dev thread in the hardware forum - and most of what y'all are debating here has already been said there.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

...Avalon may be the best bet.

not for the next 4 months, not in their roadmap..

The best bet in my opinion was a board that use BM1384 that allow super low voltage, so that the efficiency remain competitive with the current gen. But in term of time involvement and production cost vs throughput, this may make the ordeal pointless.

Too bad considering i've had boards standing-by for trade in.
Activity: 767

...Avalon may be the best bet.

not for the next 4 months, not in their roadmap..
legendary
Activity: 1456
I'm guessing but were talking maybe a nice home miner if you could get the chips that does maybe 2 th @ 500 watts , not loud ? oc, who knows what speed and very loud ?.

if you could get some chips, that would be sweet.
If he could get the chips and do 2th @500w sound wouldn't be an issue, 500w miner with a push/pull system could be super quiet.

the s-3 with push pull at 350 watts 450gh  was  quiet. 

and at 300 watts 400gh very quiet.

so anything in this concept of less gh

does not really hurt  the s-7 

say 1200gh 300 watts  low speed
      1600gh 400 watts middle speed
      2000gh 500 watts  cranked up.

I am sure a simple agreement to stay low like the numbers above would be good for sidehack and for bitmaintech.

and for USA miners or small miners world wide.
Yes it would be great for everyone all around IF Bitmain has the chips being cranked out and aren't currently limited by them, which I hope is the case.

So far they have not really wanted to share chips on newer ones I don't think.  I think that is the part of the wall of the POD's. Is a lot of the companies would rather throw it in their own miners and not mess with selling chips. 

And it's could be do to scale aswell.  If you show up with a ton of money for chips you would get a more serious talk with them.  But I have a feeling the amount used for pods or close devices they are not to interested in selling what is in their eyes a small order.
legendary
I like the target of around 500W, it's definitely usable in most home environments at that power consumption.  3-400W would be more something I would like to see given the electricity rates I'm faced with, but being able to crank it up/down gives a lot of flexibility and is gives us end users something to tinker with.
Pages:
Jump to: