Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 40. (Read 69658 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
When I get back from vacation I may order more. I need to figure my btc totals. I have no access until tues nite

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
All orders confirmed, totals updated. We're at 209 sticks sold. I was hoping to see 600 sold, but hey, we'll get there.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I'm only using my bittrex account at the moment, does anyone know if you can send a signed message from there?
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
pm sent with txid i think signature worked
legendary
Eh, don't worry so much about it. Orders aren't exactly pouring in at breakneck, and I kinda doubt anyone else is going to buy the same number of sticks and opt for local pickup in the next few minutes.
Activity: 735
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
hey sidehack or anybody do you know how to sign on coinbase ?

is it the note section that is the signature still new to bitcoin stuff normally just rent rigs till i got my rigs up and running

i want to buy a few sticks but dont want somebody else to claim my txid as theres
Activity: 3
The EU manufacturer already has chips in hand, and I think sent in his PCB order to the fab house already. But if for some reason he bails, yes.

Excellent. Thanks for the speedy reply Sidehack.
legendary
The EU manufacturer already has chips in hand, and I think sent in his PCB order to the fab house already. But if for some reason he bails, yes.
Activity: 3
What happens if the EU Manafacturer does not build the sticks can we still get orders shipped to the UK?
Activity: 14
Well it is all about the hubs you have. I can do freq 250 for four sticks uses 1.12 amps and a fan. I have four port bridges if I had more bridges I could do eight.

I know they trail off in power savings. .31 was at freq 175. At freq 250 I ger .36

I think side hack was close to .38 at freq 300.

I am guessing I end up sourcing more bridges. I want to run 10 sticks.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
so the need to OVERCLOCK THEM is probably moot ...just saying Smiley
Of course it's moot - so is underclocking them, or running them at stock; as soon as mining returns becomes one of the top reasons to even get one, people should just.. you know.. not get one.  All the more that remain for other people or as chip supplies for GekkoScience's other projects Smiley

But you know people are going to try to drive them hard anyway, in which case: doth quoth Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Can anyone please tell me for 5 or 10 of the units would a powered usb hub be ok to power them and what specs would it
Depends on how hard you want to run them.  At its slowest (presuming it is the slowest), it'll work off of a standard 500mA port.  Fastest I've run it (16.5Gh/s), it needed just shy of 1.3A.  10 units at 1.3A and you're looking at a 15A-20A hub.. not exactly something you'll find at your local Currys.
Unless you want to put something together yourself / wait for sidehack's hub work, I've seen some recommendations for the Dipo 19-port 20A hubs.  iirc they do have individual limiting fuses so you might have to split the load across more than one port.. somebody who's used/has one can probably clarify, or ask the user 'klintay', he used to sell them over on eyeboot.com
He's still selling a 10-port, 2A/port, 10A total one; http://www.eyeboot.com/10-port-usb-hub

heh no need to overclock them....according to www.tradeblock.com at current 288 usd btc price I will make (wait for it) $5.00 usd for the YEAR (yeah baby $5 bill baby)
if I use ONE of my TWO sticks at 8gb and it cost me nothing and the unit had free electric with 0% pool fee to boot

whoo who.... Smiley

so the need to OVERCLOCK THEM is probably moot ...just saying Smiley

legendary
Can anyone please tell me for 5 or 10 of the units would a powered usb hub be ok to power them and what specs would it
Depends on how hard you want to run them.  At its slowest (presuming it is the slowest), it'll work off of a standard 500mA port.  Fastest I've run it (16.5Gh/s), it needed just shy of 1.3A.  10 units at 1.3A and you're looking at a 15A-20A hub.. not exactly something you'll find at your local Currys.
Unless you want to put something together yourself / wait for sidehack's hub work, I've seen some recommendations for the Dipo 19-port 20A hubs.  iirc they do have individual limiting fuses so you might have to split the load across more than one port.. somebody who's used/has one can probably clarify, or ask the user 'klintay', he used to sell them over on eyeboot.com
He's still selling a 10-port, 2A/port, 10A total one; http://www.eyeboot.com/10-port-usb-hub

That's great thanks very much for your help Smiley.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
legendary
I'm probably going to buy some of these from MacEntyre when they become available for UK delivery.

Can anyone please tell me for 5 or 10 of the units would a powered usb hub be ok to power them and what specs would it need to be?

Also any recommendations on a make/model would be greatly appreciated Smiley.
legendary
As stated in the OP, I'd prefer not to field orders to Europe on account of the guy actually in Europe fielding orders of his own. Talk to him first and figure out what you want to do.

I have a bit of updating, but the unit count is within a few of accurate.
Activity: 722
Read the OP but just wanted to confirm there was still stock available (the 10 stick maximum).

Will be ordering to the UK.

Many thanks Smiley
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
Glad to hear things are proceeding along. Is the unit count on the 1st page of the thread up to date?
legendary
bitshopper.de has gotten an updated final Compac design with a customized silkscreen, and barring something terrible happening I should be sending off for PCBs and heatsinks tomorrow. I was hoping to have it done already, but waiting for dollars to transfer took an extra day.

Movin' right along.
legendary
I've talked to -ck and Luke-Jr a bit about that, and talked to Novak a bit about that. We'll likely be using a different chip than the CP2102 on future boards so it'll be less of a problem, but in the short term we'll be working out a fairly standard solution for the Compac.
Pages:
Jump to: