Pages:
Author

Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread - page 42. (Read 69658 times)

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
It's shortly after 3PM here in the Midwest USA (i.e. the CST time zone for sidehack).
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Ok, so the Coinbase route may not work very well. It appears that they would send the funds from their wallet, which means hat I/we don't have control of. It is possible to generate a signed message from any number of addresses in an account holders list but funds sent out, don't actually come from said address. I believe that its possible to get the resulting hash from the 'send' but distinguishing which addresses are unique to the Coinbase account holder's transaction request is not viable. The Coinbase rep suggested the receiver generate a unique address to receive  funds in for each individual payee, but that would be unfairly burdensome to sidehack. At this point I guess its a wait and see what Crazyguy does with his units.
Outbound tx from coinbase will come from an address that will be listed under your btc addresses and you can sign with it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
You could always send to an intermediate address?  Generate one, send to that, sign message with it, pay to burger address?

Sales opened, so.. here's my 2 + shipping to EU:
txid: b0e463b25ac8f64bd670a909eaf5bf7d5a5f87e5770bd5b472c49f6f97f7a114
address: 1CHEESEv4ZQFQZVBd7NNYReAfDjzHPrDVM
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, July 21st, 2015, for a hamburger today.
signature:
Code:
HGvrVGiedOYL9tIkyyIS1wrU6l3XIGjji6p63sFDnY4tWwcd5OlxiQGqaCab072g8Sq47RzKVlQM1UzDeJosPwo=
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Ok, so the Coinbase route may not work very well. It appears that they would send the funds from their wallet, which means hat I/we don't have control of. It is possible to generate a signed message from any number of addresses in an account holders list but funds sent out, don't actually come from said address. I believe that its possible to get the resulting hash from the 'send' but distinguishing which addresses are unique to the Coinbase account holder's transaction request is not viable. The Coinbase rep suggested the receiver generate a unique address to receive  funds in for each individual payee, but that would be unfairly burdensome to sidehack. At this point I guess its a wait and see what Crazyguy does with his units.
Activity: 735
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
ready to buy and ready to come pick them up lol
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
awesome news , bring on them sticks Smiley
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
You'll have to ask him directly. He's already got the design files, said he'd run out a small test batch (on the order of 10 units) to test out before doing a full run. The full run, then, could be a month out.

PM Sent. If I don't hear back I might try and grab one of yours in the mean time, to help support the cause etc Wink
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Delivery would probably be about the same time, and hopefully shipping would cost less from MacEntyre. But if you really want one of mine instead...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
You'll have to ask him directly. He's already got the design files, said he'd run out a small test batch (on the order of 10 units) to test out before doing a full run. The full run, then, could be a month out.

Definitely want to buy from you and not in a month or more...

Sent you pm Sidehack
Cheers
legendary
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
So, novak@gekkoscience and I built a stick miner. We call it the GekkoScience Compac.

Currently I have four regions of the world being covered by an official local reseller of some kind. The goal here is to get sticks to customers in a more affordable way.
- AJRGale is selling for Australia
- valkir is selling for Canada
- chiguireitor is selling in Venezuela
- MacEntyre of bitshopper.de is manufacturing and selling in Europe

If you live in any of these locations, I'd prefer you hit up those guys for sales. Bitshopper.de has contracted to manufacture their own batch of sticks for sale in Europe, so I'd prefer you talk to him about sales, but if you really really want one of my sticks instead of (or better yet, in addition to) one of his, I can probably send one or two without hurting his feelings.

If you're interested in bulk purchasing for a country or region not already covered, let me know soon and we can work something out.

Love the true hacker quality and transparency of your project. I sold my other gear off last summer, but this will tempt me back to be a little drop in the pool. Any idea when Bitshopper are going to be listing your project, I can't seem to find it on his site?
legendary
Cool, I'll look further into 'How' to sign a message thru Coinbase.
legendary
I don't really care where the coin comes from. The only real requisite is you control [one of] the sent-from address[es] enough to be able to sign a message from that address. I believe you can do that with Coinbase.

Additionally, I'll keep selling sticks here as long as there is stock to sell. If in two weeks there's still a dozen up for grabs, some latecomer can grab 'em. They'll be shipped dead last, but that's not so bad. My primary concern with getting sales in early hinges on that it's basically a piecewise-crowdfunded sale. I need the income from selling to manufacture. As stated in the first post, that's why we were so deliberate about making sure everything worked and was proven, because a lot of scams claim to use sales money to fund dev or manufacture and then just run away with your cash. But we're not those guys. I hate to have to take in money without being able to immediately deliver a product, but sometimes we have a really good product and no way to fund a batch so it's the only option - for reference, it's also what we did for the first batch of DPS-2000BB PSU interface boards. It's one of the unfortunate side-effects of being a small operation.

Also additionally, yeah I think ASICPuppy and HolyBitcoin are looking to buy lots, I assume for resale on their websites.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Well, as far as paypal goes, keep your eye out for crazyguy, his website takes paypal and I think he got a test unit so ...https://asicpuppy.com
I wanted to know if sidehack will take orders if I use Coinbase account instead of a paper wallet?

If you're buying direct, then you'll also need to sign a message, according to the instructions.

I've never signed a message from a Coinbase account, but I just did a google search and it looks like they do support message signing.
FUN > ROI
I wanted to know if sidehack will take orders if I use Coinbase account instead of a paper wallet?
Could you explain what, in your view, the difference would be?

Payment instructions are pretty simple, and whether you hold the keys to the funds in an online wallet, at an exchange (also just an online wallet), on your local node, a literal paper wallet, a trezor, or a slab of marble... doesn't really matter.. and should ideally be indistinguishable anyway Smiley
legendary
Well, as far as paypal goes, keep your eye out for crazyguy, his website takes paypal and I think he got a test unit so ...https://asicpuppy.com
Activity: 331
Well was going to try for 10, but thanks to the lawnmower taking a crap, looks like I'll miss out  Sad

Maybe a few will show up some place that I can use paypal at and I'll pick a few up later, if the price is not ridiculously marked up.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Sales in less than a day, woo hoo!  Thanks for the link to this sales page, can't wait to get these going at home.
FUN > ROI
Seeing as some people might be confused by the timezone bits, have a countdown:
countdown to GekkoScience Compac sales [timeanddate.com]
Or a google search: current time cst
legendary
One day remaining until sales start! Getting pretty exciting.

Again, anyone wanting a "bulk buy" of more than 10 units needs to contact me prior to sales opening. I can't guarantee anything after that.

Since we're using the sales money to buy materials for manufacture, the quicker the first few hundred get paid for, the better equipped I'll be to meet the target deadline. And if they all sell, well hey we can use the excess to help fund bigger machine designs. One thing that slowed Compac development was we were running cheap and couldn't spring for prototypes or parts orders as often as I would have liked.
Pages:
Jump to: