Pages:
Author

Topic: RX 560 hashrates - page 2. (Read 27980 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 3
April 18, 2018, 08:15:32 AM
Looking to reduce power consumption on my rx560 rig, Afterburner can't access voltages so finally got around to installing OverdriveN tool.
On power limit -5% my cards can do max 1208mhz core without throttling, keeping it there as it's closest to stock core speed without going lower, don't wanna go "lower than what I bought" I'm weird like that haha.
I undervolted to 950 mV, went down to ~37W per card, they did up to ~48W at stock 1050 mV, might try to go lower but I worry about stability.
I read that the rx 550 can go down to ~30W at similar voltages? That's awesome, is it because of less ComputeUnits?

Heavy uses more memory so you'll probably have to dial back intensity quite a bit. I haven't yet tried this myself because the CN coins I primarily mine have foolishly delayed switching to an ASIC resistant algo...

So, I have my RX 560's churning away on MUSIC (Ethash) instead.

I'm mining MUSIC too but I'm also finding good ol Monero to be minable with rx 560, after the v7 fork the difficulty went down enough to be worth it, it won't last long so enjoying while I can.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
April 12, 2018, 02:01:48 PM
since the fork i am only getting 200h/s per card when mining Sumokoin, used to be 450 hash . rx550 2gb hynix.
*I know the hash is suppoed to be lower since the fork but  not this much lower right?

Heavy uses more memory so you'll probably have to dial back intensity quite a bit. I haven't yet tried this myself because the CN coins I primarily mine have foolishly delayed switching to an ASIC resistant algo...

So, I have my RX 560's churning away on MUSIC (Ethash) instead.

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
April 12, 2018, 01:51:39 PM
since the fork i am only getting 200h/s per card when mining Sumokoin, used to be 450 hash . rx550 2gb hynix.
*I know the hash is suppoed to be lower since the fork but  not this much lower right?

Well, I didn't try cryptonight heavy, but cryptonight V7 (Stellite) works pretty much the same on my RX560s
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
April 12, 2018, 12:44:41 PM

Bitcoin King BTC
March 20, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
so a while back i ordered:
5x https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076XX769R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
at a pre-order price of 98euro + delivery

What would you recommend to mine on these? I was thinking of mining Ethash but it seems most people are saying cryptonight is better...
I generally run that on overpowered CPU rig's just to weigh off some of the costly load those rigs have at idle.

I can see mos tpeople suggesting aroudn lets say 550hs for Cryptonight vs lets say 15mh/s ethash... Now to me right now that makes ethash more profitable on most coins... and I would expect if i mined eth for the value to increase over the year more than say "monero" in terms of %'ages...

So why are people mining cryptonight on these?

Well, judging by this page

https://www.cryptunit.com/

it seems that cryptonight algorithm is dead for CPU/GPU mining, and ASICs took over

So, back to ethash, although there are doubts that ASICs are taking over it too,
it seems more profitable ATM

But most of the bigger cryptonight coins will fork the algo so the asics become useless pieces of metal
March 20, 2018, 06:08:49 AM
5x https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076XX769R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What would you recommend to mine on these? I was thinking of mining Ethash but it seems most people are saying cryptonight is better...
I generally run that on overpowered CPU rig's just to weigh off some of the costly load those rigs have at idle.

I can see mos tpeople suggesting aroudn lets say 550hs for Cryptonight vs lets say 15mh/s ethash... Now to me right now that makes ethash more profitable on most coins... and I would expect if i mined eth for the value to increase over the year more than say "monero" in terms of %'ages...

Well, judging by this page

https://www.cryptunit.com/

it seems that cryptonight algorithm is dead for CPU/GPU mining, and ASICs took over

So, back to ethash, although there are doubts that ASICs are taking over it too,
it seems more profitable ATM
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 05:51:17 AM

March 18, 2018, 09:17:10 AM
I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.
Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

Guys, which version is the old Stak with good results please ?
For the moment I can't equal sgminer results (500+h/s with 2 threads) when I try stak with two threads too. I tried 2.2 , 2.0 and 1.1.0.
I get approximatively the same hashrate with all the stak versions I tried (460h/s), but still less than sg miner.

I guess I missed the righ stak version. Anyone reaching good number with Stak could tell me which version he use ?

Thanks a lot!

Your mem quality just isn't good enough, it comes down to luck.
Most 2gb cards will have better hashrate than 4gb.
IMO the only benefit to go with 4gb is if you want to mine old ethash coins with big DAG size.
Bitcoin King BTC
March 17, 2018, 11:59:25 PM
Im really curious about the monero fork, will the hashrates still be good for the rx460's rx560's rx550's.

specially for the rx550's im worried they could take a hit, because now they do so very well hash/watts, best of all gpu's by far. my 7x rx550's 3200h/s total system pulls 310 watt from wall.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
March 14, 2018, 01:36:37 PM
I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.
Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

Guys, which version is the old Stak with good results please ?
For the moment I can't equal sgminer results (500+h/s with 2 threads) when I try stak with two threads too. I tried 2.2 , 2.0 and 1.1.0.
I get approximatively the same hashrate with all the stak versions I tried (460h/s), but still less than sg miner.

I guess I missed the righ stak version. Anyone reaching good number with Stak could tell me which version he use ?

Thanks a lot!
March 14, 2018, 03:59:41 AM
rx 560 4gb is it worth it ?? or no ?
i got my hand on 6 560 for 120usd each you think its worth te investment ?

50% hashpower, 30% energy usage compared to RX570/580, for 20-25% price...do the math Smiley

As long as you can't buy rx570/580 for less than $300, I think its worth it
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 12:47:42 AM
rx 560 4gb is it worth it ?? or no ?
i got my hand on 6 560 for 120usd each you think its worth te investment ?
Bitcoin King BTC
March 13, 2018, 10:40:51 PM
I found something strange with my rx 550's

How serious should i take Wattage numbers from GPU-Z?
Accoring to GPU-Z my gigabyte rx550's with ELPIDA use 20 watts while mining
and  my  MSI rx550's with HYNIX use 28 watts while mining.
The gigabyte's with the ELPIDA also run cooler on the same fan speed. 50C vs 65C for the MSI's

Very strange, they are all on same settings, 1100/1850 900mV
March 12, 2018, 09:16:03 AM
Yep, I've mined MUSIC with 2GB RX 560s. I'm getting 13 or 14 MH/s per card. Note that is either 13 or 14, not a range. I'm not sure why that is, especially since the same cards that are faster at Ethash are not the same ones that are faster at Cryptonight. Also, after Windoze did its latest mandatory-despite-being-disabled update the order of which cards are fastest changed for both algos. So, there definitely seems to be something weird going on with the driver (Adrenalin 18.2.2).

With my 2gb rx560's I get 15.5 MH/s on MUSIC and 534 H/s on ETN. My max mem clock is 2130 mhz on ethhash and 2166 on cryptonight, these cards are worthless on equihash they hit the wall at only 1900 mhz for 155 Sol/s. I've just stuck with the last Crimson driver 17.11.4 and don't bother with compute mode it doesn't help at all on 2gb cards.
It seems MUSIC is slightly more profitable than ETN as I can mine 3x as many coins and MUSIC is priced at ~40% of ETN.
Bitcoin King BTC
March 12, 2018, 06:31:25 AM
I found out how to make your miner restart every x seconds, i wanted to share it with you guys, most probally already know this but maybe some dont.
Just make a batfile in the folder where your miner software is in, and copy this in it:

@echo off
:loop
start xmr-stak-amd.exe
timeout /t 3600 >null
taskkill /f /im xmr-stak-amd.exe >nul
goto loop

it says xmr-stak-amd.exe for me because thats the name of my miner, if your miner is sgminer, you put sgminer.exe there

3600 is 3600 seconds ( 1 hour) You can set it at any ammount of seconds you like.

Hope this helps someone.

Edit:

Now i got sgminer running, out of 7 cards 6 are hasing, and sometimes the one thats not working does like 10-20 hash, really odd.
In xmrstak i got all 7 cards working so at least the rig is mining again!
Bitcoin King BTC
March 11, 2018, 05:30:24 PM
Does your rig with 550's run continously on xrmstak without crashing for over 24 hours?
Mine always crashes after couple of hours, about 5 hours.
Mine work for days with no problems. I think it's all about OC and miner settings, I'm currently using sgminer with ri 400.

Is there a way too make the miner software restart every hour? This would really solve my problem.
There's plenty of ways to do that. Easiest I can think of (though maybe not the most elegant) is to run the miner in a loop and then run another simple script that restarts the miner's process.

Your miner's bat:

sgminer.exe -k cryptonight ... ...
goto loop

And then a separate bat-file for restarting the miner:

:start
timeout -t 3600
taskkill /t /f /im sgminer.exe
goto start

So you run your miner with the first bat, and then run the 2nd bat file. Keep them both running and the 2nd one will be automatically restarting your miner every hour.

Thanks man, im using xtrmstak but i guess the proces would be the same, gonna try it today, this should fix my  problem, every day when i wake up my miner is crashed lol.

edit:

So  i had sgminer running, but one card was acting weird, i found out layer one of the pci-e power kabels one of the wires went out the plastic socket....found this out after reinstalling windows  ofcourse.
Now my sgminer just restarts when i start it, so there must be some file from a windows update thats required to run it, just trying to figure out wich one, i have updated after my reinstall of windows.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
March 09, 2018, 03:37:47 PM
If you have 2gb card try NOT using blockchain drivers and NOT using compute mode on newer drivers. Those drivers/compute are fine for 4gb cards but I noticed they make 2gb cards more unstable especially with high oc. I'm still using the last Crimson 17.11.4 driver on graphics mode without any problems.
You could try reducing intensity too. I backed down from 432 intensity to 424 for my gpu threads and gained stability without losing hash.

Anyone tried mining MusicCoin? It seems 4gb cards are slightly better than 2gb in ethhash, even with small dag size coins. The 4gb rx560 does about 1.2 mh/s better than the 2gb even though the 2gb overclocks better.

Yep, I've mined MUSIC with 2GB RX 560s. I'm getting 13 or 14 MH/s per card. Note that is either 13 or 14, not a range. I'm not sure why that is, especially since the same cards that are faster at Ethash are not the same ones that are faster at Cryptonight. Also, after Windoze did its latest mandatory-despite-being-disabled update the order of which cards are fastest changed for both algos. So, there definitely seems to be something weird going on with the driver (Adrenalin 18.2.2).

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
March 09, 2018, 09:23:35 AM
Does your rig with 550's run continously on xrmstak without crashing for over 24 hours?
Mine work for days with no problems. I think it's all about OC and miner settings, I'm currently using sgminer with ri 400.

Is there a way too make the miner software restart every hour? This would really solve my problem.
There's plenty of ways to do that. Easiest I can think of (though maybe not the most elegant) is to run the miner in a loop and then run another simple script that restarts the miner's process.

Your miner's bat:

sgminer.exe -k cryptonight ... ...
goto loop

And then a separate bat-file for restarting the miner:

:start
timeout -t 3600
taskkill /t /f /im sgminer.exe
goto start

So you run your miner with the first bat, and then run the 2nd bat file. Keep them both running and the 2nd one will be automatically restarting your miner every hour.
March 09, 2018, 08:48:49 AM
This is making me nuts, i keep getting this stupid error:

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

sometimes i have to reboot my rig 3 times b4 i can get into the amd settings again, i tried different drivers, tried stuff i found on google regarding this issue, its so annoying.
Try signing out and then signing in instead of rebooting. Might work this way.

If you have 2gb card try NOT using blockchain drivers and NOT using compute mode on newer drivers. Those drivers/compute are fine for 4gb cards but I noticed they make 2gb cards more unstable especially with high oc. I'm still using the last Crimson 17.11.4 driver on graphics mode without any problems.
You could try reducing intensity too. I backed down from 432 intensity to 424 for my gpu threads and gained stability without losing hash.

Anyone tried mining MusicCoin? It seems 4gb cards are slightly better than 2gb in ethhash, even with small dag size coins. The 4gb rx560 does about 1.2 mh/s better than the 2gb even though the 2gb overclocks better.
Bitcoin King BTC
March 08, 2018, 11:23:35 PM
This is making me nuts, i keep getting this stupid error:

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

sometimes i have to reboot my rig 3 times b4 i can get into the amd settings again, i tried different drivers, tried stuff i found on google regarding this issue, its so annoying.
Try signing out and then signing in instead of rebooting. Might work this way.

Pages:
Jump to: