Pages:
Author

Topic: RX 560 hashrates - page 7. (Read 27980 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 3
February 12, 2018, 12:36:31 PM
When i load the bios from my sapphire rx550 4gb micron,  when i load it in polaris bios editor, it says rx460 in the information.
So i think this sapphire rx550 4gb micron is really a rx460 with 4 (6) of its compute units turned of.
The RX 550 is a Polaris 12 chip, it´s a new chip with 14nm FinFET LPP !

The RX 580 / 570 is a Polaris 20 chip (renamed Polaris 10 with 14nm FinFET LPP).
The  RX 560 is a Polaris 21 (renamed Polaris 11   with 14nm FinFET LPP).

Polaris 10 and 11 are produced with 14nm FinFET LPE.
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
When i load the bios from my sapphire rx550 4gb micron,  when i load it in polaris bios editor, it says rx460 in the information.
So i think this sapphire rx550 4gb micron is really a rx460 with 4 (6) of its compute units turned of.
Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 09:52:54 AM
for me the micron memory seems to be the lesser good of the micron, hynix, and elpida.
i have  elpida rx550 2gb that can do 480 hash, hynix rx460 2gb that can do 480 hash.
micron rx550 4gb that can do 400 hash, micron rx460 4gb 420 hash.

Looks like the 2gb versions are better.

edit:
Just scooped up another rx550 2gb for 70 euro xD

are you serious Huh?
i dont think so its possible to get 480 hashes with rx 550 2GB memory in now a days???
i think you want to sell your own cards, so you are trying to promote.
if you are not lying did you have any proof (like videos or picture)Huh

Are you calling me a liar?
People give you valueble innformation and you just go arround calling them liar, instead of thanking them for the information?
Look this youtube video little guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16mGHrXNDQ&t=46s

Saying i want to sell my cards, so i am lying about their hashrates, i just bought the cards you  goat, and im buying more, orderd another rx550 for 70 euro, yeah.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 06:11:53 AM
RX560 makes 500 h / s in Cryptonight? Oh really?
Not every card. None of my 18 cards do 500H/s, the fastest ones I've got do 470 H/s at best, and some are as low as 415 H/s (not many though, most are in 435-445 H/s range). That's the claymore hashrates for the cards running for days/weeks non-stop with 0 memory errors in HWInfo.They could do a little bit more of course, but that would put a lot more stress on them so makes no sense for the long term mining. Looks like the best cards for cryptonight are the 2gb versions with Elpida ram, it's like they've got faster chips than the ones on the 4gb cards (which come with Hynix, Micron or Samsung ram, at least I've only seen these 3 types). But you can't mine ETH with the 2gb cards, which I think is a serious drawback considering how the price difference between the 2gb and 4gb versions isn't that great.

Wako: For your 560 4G try to add claymore (cryptonight option) -h 896 (give me increase of hash)
Activity: 171
February 12, 2018, 06:09:44 AM
Not every card. None of my 18 cards do 500H/s, the fastest ones I've got do 470 H/s at best, and some are as low as 415 H/s (not many though, most are in 435-445 H/s range). That's the claymore hashrates for the cards running for days/weeks non-stop with 0 memory errors in HWInfo.They could do a little bit more of course, but that would put a lot more stress on them so makes no sense for the long term mining. Looks like the best cards for cryptonight are the 2gb versions with Elpida ram, it's like they've got faster chips than the ones on the 4gb cards (which come with Hynix, Micron or Samsung ram, at least I've only seen these 3 types). But you can't mine ETH with the 2gb cards, which I think is a serious drawback considering how the price difference between the 2gb and 4gb versions isn't that great.

560 4G Hynix and Micron are > than 460H/S depending of timing you have.
I didn't have the chance to have Samsung one but from my experience on 580 Samsung are the best for Cryptonight.

Good to know for the 2G !!!

Activity: 95
February 12, 2018, 02:21:45 AM
for me the micron memory seems to be the lesser good of the micron, hynix, and elpida.
i have  elpida rx550 2gb that can do 480 hash, hynix rx460 2gb that can do 480 hash.

edit:

are you serious Huh?
i dont think so its possible to get 480 hashes with rx 550 2GB memory in now a days???
i think you want to sell your own cards, so you are trying to promote.
if you are not lying did you have any proof (like videos or picture)Huh
Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 12:08:43 AM

edit:
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
February 11, 2018, 10:30:15 PM
Bitcoin King BTC
February 11, 2018, 10:13:19 PM

If you are surprised, rx550 does 480h/s in cryptonight xD
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
February 11, 2018, 07:18:58 PM
i tried installing net3.5 , but  im still not able to load any bios in the polaris bios editor with the one click timing in it, also tried 512kb bios( saved from atiflash)
i keep getting an error saying '' Runtime.ineropServices.Marhsal.SizeOf(ATOM_ROM_READER)''

edit:
i got it working, i had to install a different frameworks version, thx a lot for your help !

Ah, good. Did you by any chance try to install the current version of .NET first, as 3.5 is an older version?

Otherwise, I was just about to PM my email address and offer to load your BIOS into my copy of PBE to see if I could apply the one-click timing patch myself.
Bitcoin King BTC
February 11, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
I didn't have any issues... once I installed .NET 3.5, anyway.

The process I used was:

1. Save original BIOS using GPU-Z 2.7.0
2. Load original BIOS into PBE; apply one-click timing patch and save BIOS with a different name.
3. Use ATIWinFlash to load new BIOS onto card.
4. Use ATI Pixel Clock Patcher to convince driver the card is fine.
5. Profit.

Thx, i did these exapt 2 first steps, but then it gives me an error and the bios doesnt even load, i will try to install .net3.5, that could be the problem since i recenctly reinstalled windows ( about 6 times this week lol)

One other thing I forgot - I recall reading somewhere that ATIWinFlash won't work if you have more than one card installed; I did all of the above BIOS modding on a bare mobo I have set up for this purpose as well as testing cards.

i tried installing net3.5 , but  im still not able to load any bios in the polaris bios editor with the one click timing in it, also tried 512kb bios( saved from atiflash)
i keep getting an error saying '' Runtime.ineropServices.Marhsal.SizeOf(ATOM_ROM_READER)''

edit:
i got it working, i had to install a different frameworks version, thx a lot for your help !
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
February 11, 2018, 06:42:47 PM
One other thing I forgot - I recall reading somewhere that ATIWinFlash won't work if you have more than one card installed; I did all of the above BIOS modding on a bare mobo I have set up for this purpose as well as testing cards.
"Atifwinflash" is just a gui for the command-line tool "atiflash". They come bundled together, and it's very easy to use the command-line version, which does work with multiple cards just fine: list the adapters with "atiflash.exe -ai", then save the bios of the adapter "n" with "atiflash.exe -s n bios.rom" and flash the bios to the adapter "n" with "atiflash.exe -p n bios.rom".
February 11, 2018, 06:36:13 PM

The process I used was:

2. Load original BIOS into PBE; apply one-click timing patch and save BIOS with a different name.
5. Profit.

Thx, i did these exapt 2 first steps, but then it gives me an error and the bios doesnt even load, i will try to install .net3.5, that could be the problem since i recenctly reinstalled windows ( about 6 times this week lol)

Bitcoin King BTC
February 11, 2018, 06:25:03 PM
I try to open my bios in the PBE, but it gives me an error and it doesnt open the bios, i tried multiple bioses, disabled secureboot, eneabled csm, tried different computer.

The process I used was:

5. Profit.

February 11, 2018, 06:20:30 PM
I try to open my bios in the PBE, but it gives me an error and it doesnt open the bios, i tried multiple bioses, disabled secureboot, eneabled csm, tried different computer.

The process I used was:

5. Profit.
Bitcoin King BTC
February 11, 2018, 06:07:39 PM
February 09, 2018, 09:32:52 AM
I got a 2nd XFX RX 560 (2GB) running on my Onda D1800 and here's the relevant portion from the .conf file for SGMiner-GM 5.5.5 that gives me the best performance (so far, anyway):

Code:
"profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "416,416",
            "worksize": "8,8",
            "gpu-threads": "2,2"
        }
    ],

Again, this is for two GPUs; if you have just one then there should only be one each of 416, 8 and 2 in the above profile. Conversely, if you have more than two then extend the comma-delimited list as necessary.

Getting a very consistent 460 H/s per GPU with 1200 core / 1900 mem and 100% power in MSI AB. Also used the one-click timing patch in PBE and patched driver with pixel clock patcher - the usual shenanigans required with AMD cards, in other words.

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
February 09, 2018, 04:29:39 AM
Can the rx560 do two threads like a vega?
Cheers,
J
In the miner config? Yeah sure.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 09:00:21 AM
Can the rx560 do two threads like a vega?
Cheers,
J
February 07, 2018, 08:40:04 AM
Well I've been screwing around with MSI AB and the amd.txt configuration file for xmr-stak to try to get this mythical 450 H/s or better from my XFX RX 560 but regardless of what I do I get 420 H/s at best after simply doing the PBE one-click BIOS mod... The stock and current settings for MSI AB and amd.txt follow:

MSI AB
--------
Core/Mem clock: 1295/1750 -> 1250/1900 (no effect)

amd.txt
---------
memory: 1356 -> 2048 (no effect)
intensity: 640 -> 720 in multiple steps divisible by 8 (no effect)
strided_index: true -> false (no effect)
worksize, affine_to_cpu were not changed

I did try searching for tuning/tweaking guides for xmr-stak but haven't come up with anything yet; if anyone can point me to a decent explanation of the above amd.txt settings I'll keep plugging away on this and report back whatever works best.

UPDATE - I gave up on tinkering with xmr-stak for now because I got sgminer 5.5.5 working and it is averaging about 460 H/s so far. I'm still curious about any tweaks to xmr-stak because it definitely performs the best for me in CPU mode; I just can't seem to eke out as good a performance from it with a GPU.

Pages:
Jump to: