Pages:
Author

Topic: RX 560 hashrates - page 6. (Read 27980 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
any one try this cards

Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 4GB OC GDDR5 GV-RX560OC-4GD
singel fan

ASUS Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 RX560-4G dual fan

what is your hashrate
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
February 13, 2018, 09:00:32 PM
It has been my experience - albeit, let's keep my member level in mind - that too high of a mem clock just causes bad shares and artifacts on the screen; it's too high of a core clock or too low of a core voltage that causes actual crashes.

That said, I noticed improved stability on my RX 570 rig after upgrading to the latest AMD driver - 18.2.1 - but haven't yet upgraded the RX 560 Cryptonight special just yet and it has been running fine ever since I lowered the rawintensity in SGMiner from 416 to 408.

Good you say that, my intensity is at 432 with 2 threads, so i guess thats kind of pusing it? will try 416 next if i get a crash again.

I didn't see any difference in hashrate going from 416 to 408, but I also haven't had any crashes since then, either; when rawIntensity was set to 416 my rig could barely make it 8 hours without crashing (the kind of crash that requires pressing the reset button, not just ctrl-alt-del").

Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
February 13, 2018, 08:56:59 PM
Do you play with the memory voltage? or just leave it at 0.85v? Does gpu core/voltage have any influence on memory clocks stability?
I keep both the gpu and memory controller voltage at 0.875v. I don't think core voltage affects the memory chips, not directly at least. And I don't recall seeing any correlation between the voltages and memory overclock on polaris cards. I think some people figured out how to increase the actual memory voltage on some cards, and that might lead to higher clocks possible, but then again it's not really advisable since there are reports out there about memory degradation on Polaris cards even at stock voltage. Most of these cheap cards don't have the memory chips cooled in any way, even the airflow from the fan(s) is barely there, so they're cooking as they are already.. increasing the voltage will speed it up even more.

Are you seeing any memory errors (in HWInfo) when the rig is crashing?

i reflashed with your hynix strap ( hynix) and it's been stable so far,  arround 480 hash 1100/1850
Weird thing is my rx550 4gb micron is also doing 440 hash now, while i was cursing at it for 2 days because i couldnt get it over 400 hash.
What do you get from your micron 560's/550's? Im not even sure if im using your strap, gonna check that if/when my miner crash again xD

It has been my experience - albeit, let's keep my member level in mind - that too high of a mem clock just causes bad shares and artifacts on the screen; it's too high of a core clock or too low of a core voltage that causes actual crashes.

That said, I noticed improved stability on my RX 570 rig after upgrading to the latest AMD driver - 18.2.1 - but haven't yet upgraded the RX 560 Cryptonight special just yet and it has been running fine ever since I lowered the rawintensity in SGMiner from 416 to 408.

Good you say that, my intensity is at 432 with 2 threads, so i guess thats kind of pusing it? will try 416 next if i get a crash again.

Also what is REALLY weird, i kept adding more voltage to the cards hoping for it to get stable, till a point i was at 1050 on them all, and still not stable, so i figured that cant be the problem.
Now i put them all at 900mv and its been mining for over an hour now without crashing ( new record lol )
February 13, 2018, 07:12:18 PM

Bitcoin King BTC
February 13, 2018, 06:55:33 PM
Do you play with the memory voltage? or just leave it at 0.85v? Does gpu core/voltage have any influence on memory clocks stability?
I keep both the gpu and memory controller voltage at 0.875v. I don't think core voltage affects the memory chips, not directly at least. And I don't recall seeing any correlation between the voltages and memory overclock on polaris cards. I think some people figured out how to increase the actual memory voltage on some cards, and that might lead to higher clocks possible, but then again it's not really advisable since there are reports out there about memory degradation on Polaris cards even at stock voltage. Most of these cheap cards don't have the memory chips cooled in any way, even the airflow from the fan(s) is barely there, so they're cooking as they are already.. increasing the voltage will speed it up even more.

Im getting 0 hw errors, but now im also getting crashes when its not even mining, so something is really instable here. Sometime only amd drivers crash, sometimes total system crashes, just shuts down and restarts itsself.
I did notice it was my rx460 2gb hynix that was crashing the miner, i unlocked shaders on that one, so i locked them again hoping that was causing the problem, but still crashing.

Then i look in bios editor what the timings are of this card and i have no clue where i got them from, they dont correspont to the numbers in this thread lol, looking at that right now, gonna take timings from this thread again and reflash.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
February 13, 2018, 03:28:13 PM

Bitcoin King BTC
February 13, 2018, 03:10:55 PM
i think the asrock 970 pro4 is not the best board to connect 4 gpu's on it, i think it has weak power phasing ( 4+1) and there is no molex connector on the board like on the btcpro boards.
Do you plug your cards directly into the board? Or do you use old ribbon risers? Tried googling the board but it doesn't seem to exist, could only find 970 extreme4 or 970 pro3, but not 970 pro4.

Hey, ya sorry i made a mistake, its an asrock 970 extreme 4.

Im using oldskool ribbon risers, i got 4 cards to work now!
I needed to put on 16x to 16x  riser on the 16x slot, i think that did the trick. Other 3 cards are on 1x-16x risers.

I think the system shutting down must be my mem or gpu clocks, since everytime after it crashes and i restart the pc it says wattman settings restored due to a system failure.

Pretty annoying that i dont know wich card is the one crashing, or more then one Tongue
It's just a matter of finding stable gpu and mem clocks now for every particilar card, the MICRON cards don't even seem to run stable at above 1750 mhz.( sgminer)
My 2x550+2x460 rig now gives me 1.8 kh/s avarage 5 seconds reading, so im already very happy.
legendary
February 13, 2018, 01:55:31 PM
i think the asrock 970 pro4 is not the best board to connect 4 gpu's on it, i think it has weak power phasing ( 4+1) and there is no molex connector on the board like on the btcpro boards.
Do you plug your cards directly into the board? Or do you use old ribbon risers? Tried googling the board but it doesn't seem to exist, could only find 970 extreme4 or 970 pro3, but not 970 pro4.
Bitcoin King BTC
February 13, 2018, 12:33:12 PM
guys, thx for all the work, im minning with sgminer now.

this rx550 elpida is nuts, it does 500+ hash constantly, its better then my hynix 460/micron 460/550.

But i have 1 problem, after a while, my screen turns black, and then into  the grey and black dots ( like snow) and then my whole system reboots.

But still these cards only  consume about 30 watts, so i thought it wouldn't of been a problem, hence i bought this bord for 50 euro, the btcpro boards are selling for 5x msrp now lol.
legendary
February 12, 2018, 05:34:13 PM
Claymore was significantly slower for me - about 340 H/s was the best I managed, though I didn't spend nearly as much time on it as I have SGMiner
The only thing I changed for the claymore miner is the -h parameter — I'm getting the highest hashrate with -h 512. Everything else is on default.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
February 12, 2018, 05:15:05 PM
Hey, i downloaded the sgminer already from your guide, and tried the config, but still everytime i try to run the .exe it starts with telling me i didnt specify pool, and user, etc, so i have to re-enter it everytime when i start it, i do something wrong with the config, this is my cryptonight.conf ( is that even the right format for it to be in the folder? ); 

{
  "pools": [
    {
      "name":"jeffrey",
      "url": "stratum+tcp://198.54.124.187:5555",
      "user": "Q5qUvib3HKHD1SNbfQwkNVV6YDsuVJciXbfoUhTajDRQG42mrbT3JtsUDeJDDogK2xLfSQXkMh5HrSQ KrynhpZPp2uvh346ZC",
      "pass": "x",
      "priority": "1",
      "profile": "cryptonight"
Run the bat, there is specified the config file name...

Yes it works when i launch the bat, but i don't know the command for 2 threads in the command line for the batfile, wich why im sitll on xrmstak because there io know how to make 2 threads work.
The bat file look only like this
Code:
@echo off

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

:loop
sgminer -c sgminer-xmr.conf --gpu-reorder
echo restart miner...
goto loop
Name the .conf like you have it.
That's enough in bat, if you download the files from my guide and run the bat it should start mining with no problems.
February 12, 2018, 03:53:35 PM
Well, I warned you that sgminer-gm was difficult...  Tongue
Your config looks quite easy to me, Smiley

Bah, always a show-off in the group!  Grin

I personally gave up on sgminer because I couldn't make it work reliably with multiple pools. What happens in your case if the official itns pool goes down? Do you have failover options specified with some other external scripts? Sgminer seems to have inbuilt failover mechanism, but I coundln't figure out how it works.

Ah, it's not just me, then. Nope, failover doesn't work for me, either. Honestly, sgminer-gm is a hot mess, but so far it performs the best so I put up with it.

the priority is defined with a number, but what those numbers do exactly and how to fine-tune the miner's behavior (when to switch to the next pool, when to try to get back to the main pool etc) is still a mystery to me. I was meaning to figure this all out, but then just switched to claymore and forgot about it.  Cheesy

Yeah, see this post of mine to the SGMiner thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29859202

There is almost no logic to the optimization parameters (rawintensity, worksize, gpu-threads) and worse is that completely different rules apply to different algos. Now I understand that optimization /should/ be different for every algo, but what doesn't make sense to me is why worksize should be 192 for Ethash but 8 for Cryptonight? Or why one of the devs (OhGodAGirl) said that if 1 gpu-thread is used then worksize can be set to 8, but for 2 gpu-threads you all but have to set worksize to 4... and then I get the best results by far when I set worksize to 8 and gpu-threads to 2?! Then there is the rawintensity parameter which is supposedly estimated by multiplying the compute units by 4x the worksize, which would be 512 in my case, but sgminer immediately crashed with that setting so I did a manual binary search starting with half the calculated value, 256. SGMiner loaded but the hashrate was low so I next tried halfway between 256 and 512, or 384; that was quite a bit faster, so next was 448; that was a bit slower, so next was 416. That seemed to work really well but seemed to have stability problems, because the rig kept locking up after 8-12 hours of operation so I've since dialed back rawintensity to 408 and that only knocked 2 H/s off the speed but it seems to be much more robust (only 2 days at 408, but no crashes).

Claymore was significantly slower for me - about 340 H/s was the best I managed, though I didn't spend nearly as much time on it as I have SGMiner - and while xmr-stak works really well on my AMD CPUs, it hasn't been a top performer with any of my AMD GPUs. But that could be from not persisting with the tweaking as much.
legendary
February 12, 2018, 03:24:53 PM
Your config looks quite easy to me, Smiley I personally gave up on sgminer because I couldn't make it work reliably with multiple pools. What happens in your case if the official itns pool goes down? Do you have failover options specified with some other external scripts? Sgminer seems to have inbuilt failover mechanism, but I coundln't figure out how it works: the priority is defined with a number, but what those numbers do exactly and how to fine-tune the miner's behavior (when to switch to the next pool, when to try to get back to the main pool etc) is still a mystery to me. I was meaning to figure this all out, but then just switched to claymore and forgot about it.  Cheesy
February 12, 2018, 02:29:12 PM
Hey, i downloaded the sgminer already from your guide, and tried the config, but still everytime i try to run the .exe it starts with telling me i didnt specify pool, and user, etc, so i have to re-enter it everytime when i start it, i do something wrong with the config, this is my cryptonight.conf ( is that even the right format for it to be in the folder? ); 

{
    {
      "user": "Q5qUvib3HKHD1SNbfQwkNVV6YDsuVJciXbfoUhTajDRQG42mrbT3JtsUDeJDDogK2xLfSQXkMh5HrSQ KrynhpZPp2uvh346ZC",

Here is my entire .conf file for mining ITNS on a system with (2) RX 560 and an Intel integrated GPU (which you don't want to use, obviously):

Code:
{
    "pools":
    [
        {
            "name": "ITNS-Official",
            "url": "stratum+tcp://45.32.171.89:4444",
            "user": "",
            "priority": "0",
            "profile": "xmr"
        }
    ],
    "profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "408,408",
            "worksize": "8,8",
            "gpu-threads": "2,2"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "1",
    "no-submit-stale": true
}

The "gpu-platform" needs to be set to "1" if you have an integrated GPU, otherwise set it to "0".

And my .bat file:

Code:
@echo off
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -c itns-official-1.conf --gpu-reorder
pause

The switch --gpu-reorder may be needed with integrated GPU present. I haven't actually tested this yet and might not since everything works fine right now so why mess with success?

Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

{
    {

Yes it works when i launch the bat, but i don't know the command for 2 threads in the command line for the batfile, wich why im sitll on xrmstak because there io know how to make 2 threads work.
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
February 12, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

{
    {
Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
When i load the bios from my sapphire rx550 4gb micron,  when i load it in polaris bios editor, it says rx460 in the information.
So i think this sapphire rx550 4gb micron is really a rx460 with 4 (6) of its compute units turned of.
The RX 550 is a Polaris 12 chip, it´s a new chip with 14nm FinFET LPP !

The RX 580 / 570 is a Polaris 20 chip (renamed Polaris 10 with 14nm FinFET LPP).
The  RX 560 is a Polaris 21 (renamed Polaris 11   with 14nm FinFET LPP).

Polaris 10 and 11 are produced with 14nm FinFET LPE.

Thanks, good information.

I have one weird thing;
On claymore my rx460 2 gb hynix gives 480 hash, on xmrstak it gives 420
On Claymore my rx550 4gb micron gives 370 hash, on xmrstak it gives 420

Im confused
Have you finally download the SGminer files from my guide? Cheesy
For XMR-STAK use 2 threads just like SGminer, Claymore need to be tweaked as well I think it's -h command whe you can set intensity.
If you use old XMR-STAK-AMD you would have higher hashrate.

{
    {
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
February 12, 2018, 01:05:24 PM
When i load the bios from my sapphire rx550 4gb micron,  when i load it in polaris bios editor, it says rx460 in the information.
So i think this sapphire rx550 4gb micron is really a rx460 with 4 (6) of its compute units turned of.

The RX 580 / 570 is a Polaris 20 chip (renamed Polaris 10 with 14nm FinFET LPP).

I have one weird thing;

Im confused
Have you finally download the SGminer files from my guide? Cheesy
For XMR-STAK use 2 threads just like SGminer, Claymore need to be tweaked as well I think it's -h command whe you can set intensity.
If you use old XMR-STAK-AMD you would have higher hashrate.
February 12, 2018, 01:00:49 PM

I have one weird thing;

Im confused

Xmr-stak is fairly difficult to optimize (so is SGMiner-GM) and I never got Claymore to come anywhere close to even unoptimized xmr-stak.

SGMiner-GM 5.5.5 gives me the best performance, but, sadly, some tweaking is still required even if given good parameters from someone else with the exact same card. The next best performing miner for me was https://www.amdxmrminer.com/, and it doesn't require any tweaking.

Bitcoin King BTC
February 12, 2018, 12:54:39 PM

I have one weird thing;

Im confused
Pages:
Jump to: