Author

Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily) - page 125. (Read 221141 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
PumpersPicks.com
PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 10/20
Week Ending: 10/26

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest returns came from ENRG, MARYJ, GHOST, VOOT and SYS

Members netted gains totaling 1,319% this week. Next weeks coins are already primed for accumulation!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

CannabisCoin

CannabisCoin has consistently provided opportunity for profit. After the major price dip, sell resistance is starting to pull back so I'd advise everyone to keep an eye on CANN over the next few days, there will definitely be several opportunities to dip in and out doubling up each time.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.
PumpersPicks.com
23 Oct
Total return: 202%
Coins: CND

Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t. This is unnecessary to state, but what is surprising is how many traders fail to adhere to this seemingly obvious principle. Some traders may be good at taking well thought out longer term positions, but then also take short-term trades based on whims in which they have no edge. Many traders may not even be fully aware of where they are making and losing money. One useful thing that you can do is to analyze your past trades by segmenting winners and losers. Often, such analysis will reveal patterns with certain types of trades being predominant in either the winning or losing categories. When you find that certain types of trades are making money and other types of trades are losing money then, as I advised earlier, do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.

CND

Riding the coat tails of the “Anon” and “Cannabis” phenomena, CannabisDark brings both worlds together. Which can only be a good thing.

The hard work in trading comes in the preparation. The actual process of trading, however, should be effortless. You have to let the arrow shoot itself.

In trading, whenever there is effort, force, straining, struggling, or trying, it’s wrong. The perfect trade is one that requires no effort.

This particular CND play required absolutely zero effort, making it an optimal trade as I was able to enter and exit via the sell side – typical momentum play.

There isn’t much special about this coin apart from it’s branding; bringing Anon technology and Marijuana sensationalism together and creating an unmissable opportunity for those who are in search of quick (and excessive) profit.

Tip: There are several solutions to properly defining the behaviour of the crypto market and, once you become aware of them, trading will become like operating your own personal money machine.  Winning streaks often lead to complacency. This is something I stress to members. Complacency  leads to sloppy trading. In these winning periods, traders are least likely to consider what might go wrong, especially worst case scenarios. The moral is: when your positions are sailing to new highs almost daily, and when all of your trades are working, be 10 times more cautious! These are the times to guard against complacency and to be extra alert in order to lock profits in.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I like your insight and been following for some months now.

Just sent you some messages about your group
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
So, we are at the 24th and every coin pumper is promoting the hell out of Coin X and this game changing Android Wallet that is to be released in 24 hrs.

Now, it's the big day. The wallet is released.. Everyone is happy. But does the price move any further? Not at all. In fact, the price is now plummeting violently - faster than it went up.

Why?

Well duhh, the entire market already bought during the run up to the 25th. So on the big day, after literally the entire community had bought into Coin X - there is no one left to buy in. Thus prices begin to stall. People begin to panic - and the whole process that i just described repeats itself on the way down.

You really do have to pay attention to the common habits in crypto and do the exact opposite.

It's the only way to stay ahead

Very useful Ryan I do suffer from this admittedly Embarrassed

This is something that I can use especially since there are things being announced and released everyday

It's just that it all makes sense on the surface when you see all the noise on twitter but after reading this its like crypto is half smoke and mirrors and half goldmine lol

looking forward to saturday

Thanks
PumpersPicks.com
PM sent. Great advice so far!

Hey, thanks

Check your messages

I totally get this Ryan. I think this is where I have been going wrong with my trading. What most people in crypto tend to say is "buy the dip and sell the rip" which really doesn't help at all.

I guess you are saying the same thing but explaining it in a more digestible way so that I can actually apply your method to my own way of trading.

Up until a few days ago I had been buying in when the volume was at it's highest and when buy support was at it's highest. Which i suppose is the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing

I started with cryptos last month and am only now realizing that the entire market is rigged and that the only way to truely succeed is to be a part of some larger entity which i guess is the whole "strength in numbers" concept.

thanks for these posts i shall be cramming in what i can and will hopefully be ready to join you on saturday

People are always saying cliché things like "buy low, sell high" and "do the opposite of what everyone else is doing"... But they never actually say what that thing is that everyone else is doing. Probably because they are also making the same mistakes.

Like you said, most people who are new to trading will only buy in when there is a mass of buy support and the trading volume is sky high.

That is the complete opposite of proper trading etiquette.

This is the mistake that 98.99% of crypto traders make, which is why trading altcoins is so profitable right now - because it is the only market in the world where nearly 100% of the participants have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing.

Buy support indicates that people are willing to buy into a coin - but at a lower rate. The more buy support you see, the more likely it is that prices will soon plummet.

Trading volume is a mere indication of how much money has already gone into / out of a coin. If you see excessivly high trading volume and the market has a positive +100% gain - that market is already at or inching close to it's maximum capacity.

So the only thing that can happen from that point is for the money to flow out of that market and into another coin.

This is just common sense stuff.

I'll use Announcements / Updates as an example.

Lets say Coin X is releasing some type of cool new android wallet on Oct 25th - that is your major story, and advertising tool to bring in as many traders to that market as possible.

Eventually, everyone catches wind of this revolutionary android wallet that is going to be released on the 25th. So what do they do? They go and buy a whole bunch of Coin X - sparking a rally in the process.

Then all the traders who were "too smart" to buy in just because of the pending release of some revolutionary (cloned) android wallet, they start to panic buy because they "don't want to miss the ride". This causes prices to surge further.

So, we are at the 24th and every coin pumper is promoting the hell out of Coin X and this game changing Android Wallet that is to be released in 24 hrs.

Now, it's the big day. The wallet is released.. Everyone is happy. But does the price move any further? Not at all. In fact, the price is now plummeting violently - faster than it went up.

Why?

Well duhh, the entire market already bought during the run up to the 25th. So on the big day, after literally the entire community had bought into Coin X - there is no one left to buy in. Thus prices begin to stall. People begin to panic - and the whole process that i just described repeats itself on the way down.

You really do have to pay attention to the common habits in crypto and do the exact opposite.

It's the only way to stay ahead

Activity: 59
sell resistance moves along with prices. The higher the price soars, the greater the sell resistance becomes as more traders pile orders onto the sell side. Thus –  when prices drop – sell resistance follows suit. Literally: What goes up, must come back down – and then back up again. It’s a very profitable cycle

This price action caused the 24hr trading volume to surge slightly, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the market caught on and realised how low the resistance was in BOOM.

It wasn’t long before my price alerts began to trigger, one after the other, as traders finally began to swarm the market – buying through the sell orders I had placed hours before.

This brings me back to the point I had made earlier, skilled traders only make money because novice trades will always make the same mistakes.

In crypto it pays to be early.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

I totally get this Ryan. I think this is where I have been going wrong with my trading. What most people in crypto tend to say is "buy the dip and sell the rip" which really doesn't help at all.

I guess you are saying the same thing but explaining it in a more digestible way so that I can actually apply your method to my own way of trading.

Up until a few days ago I had been buying in when the volume was at it's highest and when buy support was at it's highest. Which i suppose is the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing

I started with cryptos last month and am only now realizing that the entire market is rigged and that the only way to truely succeed is to be a part of some larger entity which i guess is the whole "strength in numbers" concept.

thanks for these posts i shall be cramming in what i can and will hopefully be ready to join you on saturday

Activity: 36
PM sent. Great advice so far!
PumpersPicks.com
PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/20
Week Ending: 10/26

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now is the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now CLOSED

Registration opens Saturday 10/25.
Our members netted a 4,760% gain last month, and as of now are up 4,263% only two weeks into October.

We are currently moving on this weeks coins!

Happy Trading!
PumpersPicks.com
22 Oct
Total return: 219%
Coins: XCASH, BOOM

Trading isn’t about being right or wrong; it’s about making money. Taking a loss is part of the process. You will have some percentage of losses; you just need to make sure that your losses are smaller than your wins. Don’t be like the average trader who is prone to believing that what has happened in the past is likely to persist. Just because a particular coin provided opportunity for large profit in the past doesn’t mean it is ‘still’ a good investment. When traders are making money because they are greedy and fearless, which is typically after a large price rise, doing the opposite is always a good idea.

XCASH

Brilliant team behind XCASH. This coin has seen a high level of volume for some time now which is a clear indicator on the longevity of this coin.

As an active participant in these markets, I have my fingers in a few pies at all times. XCASH is one of said pies.

Though I often lowball my way into trades to make quick and excessive profits from market corrections – that method is a mere hack and something that can be done at will. It doesn’t require much intelligence or skill other than realising that sell resistance moves along with prices. The higher the price soars, the greater the sell resistance becomes as more traders pile orders onto the sell side. Thus –  when prices drop – sell resistance follows suit. Literally: What goes up, must come back down – and then back up again. It’s a very profitable cycle

Playing market corrections isn’t rocket science at all.

However, when it comes to skill and the proper execution of trades.... I always say that if you can’t enter and exit a market via the sell side, then you aren’t taking the most optimal trades – and if you are, then you aren’t taking full advantage of these optimal trades.

Too often I see this blasé attitude when people talk about “dumping out” of a coin as if it is something to be proud of. That isn’t proper trading practice.

The only time you are to exit via the buy side is when something has gone critically wrong or when you have fluffed your way into a bad trade and are trying to cut your loss short.

People who are fond of taking profits prematurely are very familiar with exiting markets via the buy side – however, this handicaps your growth as a trader and prevents you from seeing each move through to its end and making huge home-run profits instead of 20% gains here and there.

I bought into XCASH as all of my price alerts for upward movement began to sound off after the coin had been in a period of consolidation, so I knew that I was on the cusp of a very profitable move.

I scaled into my position, placing more size on the plate as more traders began to flood in scooping up buy walls with little effort.

There was a stream of recent trades = good market momentum.

Light sell resistance = moon.

Good trading volume = novice trader magnet.

I have said this before and would like to reiterate; skilled traders only make money because novice traders won’t stop making the same mistakes over and over again. So with that, I pose a question. What is your edge? If you can’t adequately answer that question, then it should now be clear why you have more losses than wins.  

Tip: To be successful in this market, you have to be willing to change your opinion. Most people are not willing to change their opinion. You have to be humble about your ideas. Also, it seems that most people are more afraid of making money than losing money. There is no real reason to sell your position in a coin just because it is up 20 percent. The funny thing is, if a coin is down 20 percent, an average trader will hold instead of cutting their loss. What these novice traders are really afraid of is not being right. That is why they won’t sell a coin when it is down 20 percent – because that would confirm they were wrong. You need to be able to properly manage your emotional attachment to losses and gains.

BOOM

I lowballed my way into BOOM simply because the sell resistance was so low that it wouldn’t have been reasonable for me not to dip my toe into this pool of profit.

My reluctance to buy in at market price was due to the fact that BOOM had already rallied and looked to be slumping into the early stages of a downtrend. But oddly, there wasn’t much large sell orders being placed = no blockade in front of gargantuan profits.

I put in a low order just to maximise my potential gain. I knew I would be brought into the market in no time at all as there wasn’t much in the way of buy support – so my buy order was the largest, and would provide an easy out for some novice trader who isn't able to properly read order books.

As my position became active, I noticed that other traders were now placing buy orders on the books. So I knew that there was significant interest in this market – other than from myself.

This price action caused the 24hr trading volume to surge slightly, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the market caught on and realised how low the resistance was in BOOM.

It wasn’t long before my price alerts began to trigger, one after the other, as traders finally began to swarm the market – buying through the sell orders I had placed hours before.

This brings me back to the point I had made earlier, skilled traders only make money because novice trades will always make the same mistakes.

In crypto it pays to be early.

Tip: You need to understand why you have taken a position in a coin. If you don’t understand why you are in a trade, you won’t understand when it is the right time to sell, which means you will only sell when the price action scares you. Most of the time when price action scares you, it is a buying opportunity, not a sell indicator.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

PumpersPicks.com
Okay thanks for this, I was thinking that it was a code red on cann.

I have been sending you messages all day on twitter and pm to sign up before registration closes.
Can you respond please so that I can get in on time?

Thank you

Apologies, just getting round to everyone

Check your messages

Activity: 50
If you have limited capital, this gives you the opportunity to get in at wholesale rate. So there are a lot of easy monies to be had from CANN if you play it right.

The lower the price falls, the greater the opportunity due to the massive volume we have already seen pour into and then out of CANN (indicator of positive market sentiment, and strength) ... the lower CANN goes in price, the better it looks.

Look at all the posts abut CANN, the consensus is that CANN is a terrible play right now. Yet during this dip, the price has gone to 2555 and back up to 4400 - producing a 72% gain. This is easy money.

Just sit back and analyse the sell resistance, because that is what is currently controlling the price. Higher resistance = more dumping = lower prices. As the resistance lowers, the price will lift

Okay thanks for this, I was thinking that it was a code red on cann.

I have been sending you messages all day on twitter and pm to sign up before registration closes.
Can you respond please so that I can get in on time?

Thank you
PumpersPicks.com
20 Oct - 21 Oct
Total return: 122%
Coins: URO, SWIFT

Having the patience to wait for high expected return trades greatly enhances the return/risk of individual trades. I am perfectly content to stay on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing until there is an opportunity that meets my criteria. Placing suboptimal positions will tie up your capital that could be applied to more attractive opportunities. If conditions are not right, or the return/risk isn’t adequately favourable, don’t d anything. Be wary of taking dubious trades due to impatience. If you have a good enough edge, then you will spot opportunity where other don’t and profit greatly because of it.

URO

One of the occasions where a market buy would have been warranted.

However, more profit was to be had by getting in at a more advantageous price. 

Personally, I don’t like to be in a position before a major move – this leaves you open to the danger of watching every move the market makes, which could lead to the premature liquidation of a position – which is easily avoidable by getting in at the right time.

This market was very volatile, and had an environment that was ripe to dip in and out with substantial gains – almost at will.

The market then fell into consolidation. I knew a rally was imminent due to the simple fact that, despite the slight down-trend more URO was being bought than sold – as indicated by the volume bars.

After my positions became active, I placed my sell orders and set-up some price alerts to alert me to any significant changes in market sentiment.  Momentum did the rest. 

Tip: Large price moves either up or down tend to end abruptly and sharply. When you are on the right side of a tremendous up move, you should scale out of that position while the trend is still moving in your favour. Also, try not to stare at the screen all day long – that isn’t proper trading practice. Watching every move can lead to both over trading and an increased chance of liquidating good positions. Just put price alerts on your chosen coins – at logical, meaningful price points – and then move onto doing something more productive

SWIFT

This trade was another “picking up money from the floor” play. It was that easy... Someone left a bag full of money in the middle of the street, I walked over and picked it up. I don’t think there is anything else that can be said.

It is very important that you pay attention to the price points of each high volume market.

If you see a high volume market with high upward resistance – put in some low bids, this is how you make consistent and easy profit.

I have said this dozens of times. Skilled traders make money only because novice traders just won’t stop making the same mistakes.

Whilst everyone is buying and the volume and price is rocketing – you need to have enough common sense to at least wonder “if so much money has already gone into this market, how many people are left to put money towards this coin?”. You need to realise that what goes up, must come down.

But that doesn’t mean that when a market goes down, it won’t spring back upwards again. In fact, when a high volume market dips violently, it will ALWAYS spring back producing excessive profit in the process.

I bought into SWIFT because it was in consolidation (moving sideways), yet the volume was so high.

When a market is consolidating there will always be a big move either up or down... also, if a market is in consolidation and more of that coin is being bought than sold – this signals that prices are going to surge upwards rather than down.

So although I was prepared to buy if and when the market began to climb........ it is, and will always be advantageous to hedge your idea with some lowball offers – due to the simple fact that when you are dead sure that a market is going to jump, the only thing you should be thinking about next is how to maximise your return.

These opportunities are literally everywhere.

Tip: People keep asking me about position sizes, and how to make consistent money from crypto. Simple. You need a profit strategy.

You need to have a plan on how to use the capital that you currently have, to pull in daily profit.

We are in a bull run at the moment, and have been for months now. Profit is easy to come by. But when you are using 20 different position sizes, trading 12 different coins (because you read some tweet telling you to get in NOW!!), not assessing Risk / Reward, paying attention to possibilities instead of probabilities – you are doomed to failure.

You need a profit plan. There is no way around that

many traders just throw coins at the market with no specific plan or strategy in place to accrue profit and establish a reliable income stream.

Coming from the world of FX into Crypto Currencies, I brought several tactics along with me to ensure that my BTC holdings increase daily, weekly and monthly. One of the important pieces of my strategy was a simple Profit Plan... This is what I used to expand my BTC holdings.

My whole thing when I started in Crypto was, I wanted to bring in 0.7BTC every day – risking only 2BTC.

Current Prices
2BTC = $771.93
0.7BTC = $273.02

Per day: 0.7BTC ($273.02)
Per week: 4.9BTC ($1,911.14)
Per month: 19.6BTC ($7,644.56)

You may not hit 0.7BTC each day but once you have clearly defined and settled on a target, you will gradually get closer and closer to reaching it each day. When I got into my stride, of course, there were days where I didn’t make exactly 0.7BTC, but pulled in slightly less – or substantially more.. it all depends on what the market is willing to provide.

This profit plan allowed me to know exactly what I was looking for from the market, therefore I wasn’t simply focused on “making money”.. my focus was on achieving a very specific return, thus the trading opportunities that would deliver these returns became much more glaringly obvious than they were before.

There are many ways you can go about netting 0.7BTC daily by risking only 2BTC (or smaller amount to suit your appetite for risk).

2BTC + 30% = 0.7BTC

All I needed to do was achieve a mere 30% gain on 2BTC daily to pull $7,393 per month from the market.

What with this being the most volatile market in existence and all – 30% per day was and still is a walk in the park and something anyone can achieve with the correct methodology.

This profit plan can be arranged to suit any size of capital. All that matters is that you actually have a strategy like this in place if you are hoping to be consistently profitable

PumpersPicks.com
Ryan, how are you playing CANN right now

Did you dump or do you think the developer is taking profit?

I got in at 15K what do you think, are you buying or selling?

This is a perfect example of how the market works, and is something I often speak about when analysing trades.

The market doesn't react to news in the way everyone thinks it does. People say "the pegging is coming on the 20th we are going to the moon." In actual fact, that never happens. No matter what the news is, or which coin it is.

The rally always happens during the build up to the big day... Not afterwards.

I always tell people... you need to understand the difference between a buyers and a sellers market. Which isn't difficult at all because it is like the difference between night and day.

I'd say that CANN is always a good play.

However, more CANN is currently being sold than bought. So we may continue to see lower prices - which isn't a terrible thing.

Low prices are clearly a good thing.

If you have limited capital, this gives you the opportunity to get in at wholesale rate. So there are a lot of easy monies to be had from CANN if you play it right.

The lower the price falls, the greater the opportunity due to the massive volume we have already seen pour into and then out of CANN (indicator of positive market sentiment, and strength) ... the lower CANN goes in price, the better it looks.

Look at all the posts abut CANN, the consensus is that CANN is a terrible play right now. Yet during this dip, the price has gone to 2555 and back up to 4400 - producing a 72% gain. This is easy money.

Just sit back and analyse the sell resistance, because that is what is currently controlling the price. Higher resistance = more dumping = lower prices. As the resistance lowers, the price will lift
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
now apex to da moon  Grin Grin
Activity: 262
Personally I think it will equalize around 5k.
PumpersPicks.com
18 Oct - 19 Oct
Total return: 323%
Coins: APEX, URO

Through my analysis I aim to underscore the distinction between gambling and betting or trading with an edge. Participants in Crypto may well be gambling. If you don’t have a method (an edge), then trading is every bit as much as a gamble as betting in the casinos. But with a method, trading becomes a business rather than gambling. Fortunately for us Crypto traders, whereas the casinos can ban players because they become too proficient, this market has no way of eliminating the skilful traders. Therefore if you have an edge that provides you with the most unfair advantage over other traders, no exchange can come to you and say, “We’ve noticed that you’re making too much money. You can’t trade here anymore.”

APEX

Regular readers are well aware of how important it is to put orders  40 – 50% (or more, depending on the environment) below high volume markets.

This is just easy money through and through. As I’ve mentioned a dozen times, this strategy was my bread and butter when I first started trading altcoins. This is the closest you will get to risk free trading in this market , and it requires no particular skills – other than understanding that what goes up must come down, and then back up again.

By using this strategy, you are taking advantage of  the correction that occurs after every single decline in price.

It happens all the time.

If you were to browse the markets, you will see that every high volume coin that dips – often produces a very profitable correction, providing the easiest profit that you will ever make trading cryptos - besides knowing which coins are going to move days before the move actually occurs.

APEX has been a recurring Pumpers Pick for some weeks now,  and has continued to perform over a sustained period of time. This is a sign of strength and shows that market sentiment towards this coin is positive.

After seeing alot of volatile price action, and noticing an astoundingly wide spread (for a coin with high volume) – AND noticing that the sell orders were arranged in such a way that could produce a 300%+ gain with only the slightest injection of BTC.

This was a no brainer.

Brilliant technicals + sound fundamentals = home run. Start paying attention to probabilities and realise that trading isn’t a game of being right or wrong. Once you start to key into probabilities instead of possibilities you will have the means to measure the odds of a trade. You will naturally begin to pay attention to the things that matter – volume, sell resistance and market momentum.

Before getting into a trade, always ask yourself. Based on what I can see, what is most likely to happen, a rally or a decline in price? If you find yourself not being able to adequately answer this question, it’s because you don’t have an edge or a strategy that works.

Tip: Novice traders tend to lose because they overtrade, which means that they have to be right a lot just to cover trading fees. You need to have patience; if you have a good trade on, you have to be able to stay with it. Second, you need courage to go into the market, and courage comes from adequate capitalisation. The trick is not being a contrarian, but being a contrarian at the right time. The successful contrarian needs to be able to filter out the true opportunities. Personally, my filters are a combination of a keen sense of fundamentals and market timing. To me, the Crypto market is a giant treasure hunt. Somewhere in the rubble, there is a big winner – every week, and I am always engaged in finding that next coin with all the characteristics that are going to make it a big move. You should be willing to buy or sell anything. So many people say “I could never buy that kind of coin”. You should be flexible and alert to trading based on probabilities, not marketing or hysteria. Your desire to win must be greater than your desire to be right, only then will these opportunities becoming glaringly obvious to you.

URO

Another important factor that I frequently stress is that Trading Volume is the MOST important indicator for the novice trader.  They want to see a coin “on the first page of Bittrex” before they buy.

Going further, nearly 90% of the crypto community has this same view. So the most eyes are on the first page of Bittrex.

Now, why is that important?

Well... Skilful traders, are only skilled because they make the majority of their money from the mistakes of novice traders. In fact, each time a novice buys into a coin – they are letting a skilled trader out of that coin with profit. Think about that for a second.

I look at dumping sprees as a wonderful thing – provided I’m not in the coin at the time.  

Firstly, the mere fact that you have the ability to dump out – indicates that there is considerable interest in that coin, just at a lower price point. Second, when people dump out of a coin they are essentially inflating the trading volume – making the coin look like a safe bet to novice traders who have their eye on that Bittrex front page..

Additionally, when people contribute to dumping action, they assist in creating a huge (and profitable) spread between the bid and ask.

Question...

what normally happens when  unskilled traders have low bids placed whilst a dumping spree is erupting? .........They begin to pull their orders, leaving behind only a few key players who understand how markets work.

So, in the end, it may only be a slim handful of people who get brought into the market via negative price action.

This has significant implications because, these new participants are now given a window where they have absolute control of where the price goes next – based on how they arrange their sell orders.

When a coin dips, new sell orders have to be placed from that price range (to close the spread) – all the way to the pre-dump price. But because only a few (skilled) traders will allow themselves to be dumped on, these skilled players are literally given their pick of where to place their sell orders for maximum profit - which leads to profitable gaps between price ranges  – which leads to very easy returns.

Tip: Don’t be arrogant. During these winning times it is easy to lose discipline. I frequently stress to members ; when you get arrogant, you forsake risk control. The best traders are the most humble. Don’t trade until an opportunity presents itself. Knowing when to stay out of the market is just as important as knowing when to be in. Your strategy has to be flexible enough to change when the environment changes. The mistake most people make is they keep the same strategy all the time. They say “damn, the market didn’t behave the way I thought it would.” Why should it? Life and the Crypto markets just don’t work that way. You need an edge.

Activity: 252
While we save up for (or ponder) the pay-for-tips group...

here's a free tip for readers -

Kryptcoin - wallet sorted, multi pool, volume picking up...

worth a punt maybe?  I just did... & I'm a minnow not a whale

jk

gratis from me to all - but feel free to tip me if you make a packet: BTC 1JeABtkQrUXgDJ2eoPitNuVLsq3jps8F7k

Ryan you can tip me too if you admire a bit of cheek

Looks interesting Wink
Activity: 4
While we save up for (or ponder) the pay-for-tips group...

here's a free tip for readers -

Kryptcoin - wallet sorted, multi pool, volume picking up...

worth a punt maybe?  I just did... & I'm a minnow not a whale

jk

gratis from me to all - but feel free to tip me if you make a packet: BTC 1JeABtkQrUXgDJ2eoPitNuVLsq3jps8F7k

Ryan you can tip me too if you admire a bit of cheek
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
it looks like HAL and GB are still flying

GB was good buying @ 200 sat. a couple of days ago and selling @ 700 sat. today.

HAL is deep in shit now, but if their dev delivers anything, it may recover to 10K sat. and even higher.
Activity: 15
it looks like HAL and GB are still flying
Jump to: