Pages:
Author

Topic: S7 controller has nine 18- pin jacks So what can we do with it? - page 6. (Read 10835 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
It would seem to me you could lash together two S7's with a single controller if you were to lay the miners on their sides, so that the "Top Side" were facing each other. Kind of awkward to wire up, but it shouldn't take any "long cables" to accomplish.

It would be interesting to know if the S7 cooling actually requires that the blades be vertical to work OK. While it's obvious what the "expected" orientation is, does it still behave well if it's laid on it's side?

point them upwards top to top that allows for  vertical and hot air raises.

stack them on a box fan  which allows for more air to help fans.  also if fans fail the box fan may save the day.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
It would seem to me you could lash together two S7's with a single controller if you were to lay the miners on their sides, so that the "Top Side" were facing each other. Kind of awkward to wire up, but it shouldn't take any "long cables" to accomplish.

It would be interesting to know if the S7 cooling actually requires that the blades be vertical to work OK. While it's obvious what the "expected" orientation is, does it still behave well if it's laid on it's side?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Hi, if you have 3 S7, you don't need longer cables, try only to flip the 2 outside s7. The miners could seen like this:

F=S7 Front
R=S7 Rear

FRF
RFR

Then, you will not need to have longer cables, but you will need to switch the front fan to the rear fan ONLY ON THE CENTRAL S7 and ready to run!

You will still need longer cables.
View some S5 + image.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Hi, if you have 3 S7, you don't need longer cables, try only to flip the 2 outside s7. The miners could seen like this:

F=S7 Front
R=S7 Rear

FRF
RFR

Then, you will not need to have longer cables, but you will need to switch the front fan to the rear fan ONLY ON THE CENTRAL S7 and ready to run!

grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
The picture of the controller board for the S7 says on the silk screen S5+ so it "seems" that they are identical. Also it has been reported that S5 & S5+ controllers and firmware seem to be completely interchangeable. As to cables someone must know the part number of the plugs?

So a good chance they are the same, but we need someone to take delivery to confirm?

Rich

I have a day one order on the s-7 so with luck 10 to 15 days time I will have it.

they say first shipping = 21st of sept  which means  I get it on the 24th

sometimes they are faster  so maybe I get it between the 19-23 of sept.

Or Oct 12 -14

"Shipping may start between Sept. 21 ~ 30 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay )."
legendary
The picture of the controller board for the S7 says on the silk screen S5+ so it "seems" that they are identical. Also it has been reported that S5 & S5+ controllers and firmware seem to be completely interchangeable. As to cables someone must know the part number of the plugs?

So a good chance they are the same, but we need someone to take delivery to confirm?

Rich

I have a day one order on the s-7 so with luck 10 to 15 days time I will have it.

they say first shipping = 21st of sept  which means  I get it on the 24th

sometimes they are faster  so maybe I get it between the 19-23 of sept.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
It's pretty obvious that Bitmain will eventually release an "S7+" - already did most of the engineering for it between the S7 and the S5+.

Has anyone actually tried running an S5 hash board on an S7 controller yet, or a S7 hashboard on an S5/S5+ controller?

How would it be possible ? S7 is not yet shipped.

S5+ blade works with S5 controller.

Click to enlarge
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
It's pretty obvious that Bitmain will eventually release an "S7+" - already did most of the engineering for it between the S7 and the S5+.

Has anyone actually tried running an S5 hash board on an S7 controller yet, or a S7 hashboard on an S5/S5+ controller?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I have 50 of the 18 pins cables custom made in stock, and also some 16 pins ones for early S5s.
12" long, they were like 1$ each. if I remember correctly.

There are/were for the S5 watercooled case, and some other projects, but it seems that they can serve other purposes.

Edit on availability and pictures

I would also like to buy some of your 18 pin cables if you would be so kind to send it to the Netherlands?
I'm not in a hurry ,as you still have to order them. 10 cables would be nice.
Hope to hear from you.
legendary
all my 18 pins cables are sold.  Cry
some 16 pins ones left.

I didn't expect so much interest.
I'll take 200 more with my next order from this supplier, approximately 3 weeks delay.

Do I send my payment to the custom btc address in your signature?

Funds have been sent to

1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu

https://blockchain.info/tx/079e0943d10c9d7114741cfab8e2c3c0bf4adcb3b579917ca11ac1581511566d

I used my coinbase account and sent a bit extra from the pm price you gave.

thanks phil
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
all my 18 pins cables are sold.  Cry
some 16 pins ones left.

I didn't expect so much interest.
I'll take 200 more with my next order from this supplier, approximately 3 weeks delay.
legendary
PM sent .

I have 50 of the 18 pins cables custom made in stock, and also some 16 pins ones for early S5s.

There are/were for the S5 watercooled case, and some other projects, but it seems that they can serve other purposes.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Awesome!

Anyone got an idea for a case for housing 6x S7 blades? Could you cool these chips with the original heatsinks with less static pressure (noise) from fans?

6 "silent" blades = 2420 W = 67% load of a 16A fuse @ 230V, would be nice for the home-miner! At least in Europe (afaik).

Even in the us is is not that bad.  I owe Phil for his help on it.  But I love my 240 after getting it in.    I for one doubt I run another 120 line for mining after.

Having 30 amps and a pdu separating it is just amazing for the new miners.  It will not work for all but I really think at least bitmain is going to keep releasing bigger miners compared to the past.
Activity: 99

I'm interested to get some of these cables
Activity: 71
Innteristing stuff guys,

Do you think it would be a problem to place it on it's side? Then you don't need longer cables.
I only ordered one S7 at the moment. (not that rich)  Wink But when i do order my second will try that.
Then a nice box around it, a little overclock and you have a nice 10 TH home miner.  Grin Grin
Activity: 840

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I have been thinking on that myself. The main thing is the cables. It is a pain to get them.
Just like the S5 where it would accept 3 and also 4 with a different firmware. The main stumbling block was the cables.
Having to custom make them is tedious.
I do have a couple cases I am going to try this on though for multiples in one chassis.

Awesome!

Anyone got an idea for a case for housing 6x S7 blades? Could you cool these chips with the original heatsinks with less static pressure (noise) from fans?

6 "silent" blades = 2420 W = 67% load of a 16A fuse @ 230V, would be nice for the home-miner! At least in Europe (afaik).

yeah you can use this

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-17805?

line the inside with a piece of sheet metal  .

left s-7    psu   right s-7

a 2400 watt  9600gh monster.

bigger fans like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comair-Rotron-2-Fan-Enclosure-w-Tarzan-Fans-TNE2C-115V-50-60Hz-45-49A-Used-/281776082442?hash=item419b29ce0a

you would be set.
legendary

Awesome!

yeah you can use this

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-17805?

line the inside with a piece of sheet metal  .

left s-7    psu   right s-7

a 2400 watt  9600gh monster.

bigger fans like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comair-Rotron-2-Fan-Enclosure-w-Tarzan-Fans-TNE2C-115V-50-60Hz-45-49A-Used-/281776082442?hash=item419b29ce0a

you would be set.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Awesome!

Pages:
Jump to: