Pages:
Author

Topic: ❎ [SALES OPEN] LEALANA PHYSICAL SILVER MONERO (XMR) - 3-coin sets~ ⭕️ - page 6. (Read 14027 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
These coins look very nice.  But, why Monero???   Undecided

Because Monero is *the* best-of-breed altcoin.

For one thing, it's already 100% fungible at both protocol and socioeconomic levels, thanks to Science®.

For another, it has a vibrant dev/supporter ecosystem.

I could go on, but will instead invite you to pursue the links in my sig.

Welcome to Monero Mountain!   Cool
Meh...  Not the "best of breed" when it's #13th.   Roll Eyes  Bitcoin is fungible.  Litecoin is fungible.   Lips sealed  
I wanted smoothie to answer, not a Monero mouthpiece/bull.  Were you paid to create this physical coin for Monero?  Or, was this a deep, personal interest into Monero?  If this was a Bitcoin coin, I would not hesitate to buy this.  But, because it's Monero...   Sad

I can't imagine someone paying me to create physical coins, otherwise they would just make them themselves. No one has paid me to create these coins.

One reason I made these is because monero offers true fungibility. Bitcoin as well as litecoin offer pseudo-fungibility. You can still trace the history of where their respective "coins" came from. A biproduct of my coins is that they offer a physical form of allowing others to understand and learn about certain cryptocurrencies. In a sense it is a tool for marketing and teaching. My coin's in my opinion are not investments but collectible tokens (aka conversation pieces).

Monero has privacy features on by default and it is actively developed.

The math behind monero based on my own personal research is very sound. It incorporates sound elliptic curve math that Daniel J. Burnstein has been credited for.

Another reason I created these is that I enjoy art. Monero is a form of art and I like shiney silver coins. So I figured it would be appropriate to intertwine the two (monero art, and my art) into one.

Sound crypto + sound money + sound math + pretty art = these coins (all in my opinion).

I hope that answers your question.  Smiley
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
These coins look very nice.  But, why Monero???   Undecided

For one thing, it's already 100% fungible at both protocol and socioeconomic levels, thanks to Science®.

Welcome to Monero Mountain!   Cool
Meh...  Not the "best of breed" when it's #13th.   Roll Eyes  Bitcoin is fungible.  Litecoin is fungible.   Lips sealed   
I wanted smoothie to answer, not a Monero mouthpiece/bull.  Were you paid to create this physical coin for Monero?  Or, was this a deep, personal interest into Monero?  If this was a Bitcoin coin, I would not hesitate to buy this.  But, because it's Monero...   Sad
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Welcome to Monero Mountain!   Cool
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
legendary
On the topic of unfunded coins, after much thought I've decided to require all buyers of the 3-coin silver monero sets to fund them with their face value: 25, 50, and 100 monero.

There will be no unfunded Lealana physical silver monero coins.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Wow, well done smoothie, these coins are really something that sticks out.
I love the design and the way you have incorporate the tribal pattern and 0/1 pattern over and under the M.

I never gave Monero much thought "just another alt", but if you have put so much time and effort into XMR, then must it be worth spending some time reading a bit more about what it is that makes Monero special.

When that is said, I think the Monero community should send you donations for this stunning work and not the other way around Cheesy

Good luck with the sales Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
Physical Monero coins
Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
Dope work. Thank you for the inspriration.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
Drop dead gorgeous.  Easily some of the best looking coins of all time.   
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Smoothie, these coins look amazing. I think this is one of the best physical altcoins ever made.
Agreed.

Is there anyway to get a buyer funded/unloaded coin though? I prefer those as funded coins force me to spend extra money (in this case around 0.3BTC for the whole set) that could have been used to buy other coins.
I don't plan to sell any of my coins nor do I plan to fund them, so there shouldn't be any issues in NY case.
EU Groupbuy, maybe?  Grin

I will post about this in the next day or so as I gauge interest in unfunded versions of these coins.
I'd be interested.
legendary
@Blazed & Hellot,

Thank you for the kind words. your feedback is much appreciated.

Aloha!  Smiley
legendary
will the coins be in a case or something?

edit:  Is it possible to fund the coin after it safely arrived and then pay extra for receiving a paper certificate?

I have a very limited amount of 3-coin black leatherettes that I can include with these coins. Meaning "while supplies last".

Haven't done a count on it. But I do have 4-coin black leatherettes that would still do the trick, you would just have an open slot for another coin to go in the leatherette.

I suppose it is possible to have an option to fund the coins after they are received in person and still get a paper certificate but it would require additional shipping costs to ship the paper certificates in a safe enough method so as to not have them damaged or bent in the process of transit.

I'll have to look into what this will cost.
legendary
Smoothie, these coins look amazing. I think this is one of the best physical altcoins ever made.

Is there anyway to get a buyer funded/unloaded coin though? I prefer those as funded coins force me to spend extra money (in this case around 0.3BTC for the whole set) that could have been used to buy other coins.

I don't plan to sell any of my coins nor do I plan to fund them, so there shouldn't be any issues in NY case.

Mitchell, I'm trying to think of what would be the best way to handle such a case, should I choose to do this option for buyers/collectors.

My dilemma is that any coin that is shipped unfunded is unable to have its balance proven unless it was opened. The issue being that any 3rd party could be fooled into buying a coin that looks funded but actually isn't.

I will post about this in the next day or so as I gauge interest in unfunded versions of these coins.
Activity: 679
Merit: 526
Very nice coins.  I guess I should go learn about monero.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
The coins look amazing Smoothie excellent design and finish. I would say easily the nicest looking physical alt coins made to date.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
will the coins be in a case or something?

edit:  Is it possible to fund the coin after it safely arrived and then pay extra for receiving a paper certificate?
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
I don't know much about Monero but these coins are really sweet. Think I'm going to start doing some research and reading up! Great job smoothie! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Another part that needs to be added is to check if the key image(s) is/are unspent. This would have to happen for each output of the physical coin address that it was funded with to prove that a coin is funded.

It looks like the Monero onion explorer at http://xmrblocksvckbwvx.onion can be used to search for spent key images. Of course in this case you are trusting the operator of the site. Verifying it with your own node would be safer, though the functionality to do that currently doesn't exist in any developed utility afaik.
legendary
Thank you for the feedback. It is much appreciated.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: