Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 163. (Read 495680 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
SatoshiDice.com
It's currently not possible to bet because the database is carrying out a process that takes some time. Operations will continue as usual in a little while
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
We have now improved the Leader Board Winners API response and made it include player nicknames. The Leader Boards History page has also been improved and is no longer lagged.

I only use one window and I don't use bots. I suppose to win that day but didn't even appear in the leaderboards. Please fix this bug and Please correct this wrong.

We're gonna investigate this further and find a fix for it. I think this can only happen if you have lost, the page is reloaded and then you immediately get a win streak. Sorry about the delay

My winning still not received. I have no loss prior to that winning streak.
Activity: 224
Satoshi Dice now celebrates the 14,000,000th bet!
Congratulation! Are you guys going to do some sort of promo at 15 or 20mil? You guys don't really do promos here so I see
SatoshiDice.com
We have now improved the Leader Board Winners API response and made it include player nicknames. The Leader Boards History page has also been improved and is no longer lagged.

I only use one window and I don't use bots. I suppose to win that day but didn't even appear in the leaderboards. Please fix this bug and Please correct this wrong.

We're gonna investigate this further and find a fix for it. I think this can only happen if you have lost, the page is reloaded and then you immediately get a win streak. Sorry about the delay
Satoshidice Support, please check my account Nerd01604. I bet more than 0.001 btc in each bet. And I have win streak more than the current top on the leaderboards but my winning streak is not counted. Please correct this bug.

I can see that the first roll in this streak was actually initiated after another roll was initiated and when this earlier roll was completed as a loss, it prevented the following wins to be identified as part of a winning streak. Did you do anything out of the ordinary when playing, like playing in two windows or did you use a bot to place bets?

SatoshiDice.com
Satoshidice Support, please check my account Nerd01604. I bet more than 0.001 btc in each bet. And I have win streak more than the current top on the leaderboards but my winning streak is not counted. Please correct this bug.

I can see that the first roll in this streak was actually initiated after another roll was initiated and when this earlier roll was completed as a loss, it prevented the following wins to be identified as part of a winning streak. Did you do anything out of the ordinary when playing, like playing in two windows or did you use a bot to place bets?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Nice but there are other games with way more bets than that by now.
SatoshiDice.com
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
As there are now over 13 million roll id's for the session game, some API calls take up to a minute to complete (including profile page views). We are correcting this ASAP.

UPDATE 04:22:35 AM: This has now been fixed, along with various other optimisations that made bet processing time go down to about 0.2s

UPDATE 12:08:04 PM: We are aware that single roll view pages and some top lists are still very slow. We are still working on making all calls respond quickly.

I see it as much faster now.
SatoshiDice.com
As there are now over 13 million roll id's for the session game, some API calls take up to a minute to complete (including profile page views). We are correcting this ASAP.

UPDATE 04:22:35 AM: This has now been fixed, along with various other optimisations that made bet processing time go down to about 0.2s

UPDATE 12:08:04 PM: We are aware that single roll view pages and some top lists are still very slow. We are still working on making all calls respond quickly.
SatoshiDice.com
This update has been put in place again, taking away most of the server load.

We have just updated so that the userbalance API call retreives data in a quicker way. If there's any kind of temporary discrepancies displayed in your balance, please let us know. No balances were in any way affected by this change, it's only a smarter caching of balance affecting events.

Code:
"queryTimeInSeconds": 0.02
SatoshiDice.com
Leaderboard winners page seems stuck on 26.02 ... https://satoshidice.com/leader-boards/

Wanted to check if I won for the 7.03 Longest Winning Streak, but can't see.
I had a 142 win streak (username "RecordBreaker") , and I was tied to the former leader. I checked the streak page before the end of the server day and I was the first in the list.

However, I think I did not win, because usually winnings were credited within 15-20 mins and now 30 mins have already passed.

For our future reference: who wins if two players are tied? The first to make the streak or the last?

Best regards.

Hello, I see that now the leaderboard for 7.03 has been processed. Is it possible that you had a cached page (if it didn't update for a month!)

It seems indeed like you didn't win, unfortunately.

If there's a tie, the entry that was written into the leader boards first will be returned. It's possible that this can be an more recent roll because it could be inserted at a later stage if the average bet size was under the treshhold. We will correct this and specify sorting by time so that the older always win if there's a tie.
Activity: 363
BTC will change the world
Leaderboard winners page seems stuck on 26.02 ... https://satoshidice.com/leader-boards/

Wanted to check if I won for the 7.03 Longest Winning Streak, but can't see.
I had a 142 win streak (username "RecordBreaker") , and I was tied to the former leader. I checked the streak page before the end of the server day and I was the first in the list.

However, I think I did not win, because usually winnings were credited within 15-20 mins and now 30 mins have already passed.

For our future reference: who wins if two players are tied? The first to make the streak or the last?

Best regards.
SatoshiDice.com

Yes, but these cash outs appear to be made when withdrawals could be executed simultaneously under some circumstances. We're doing coin taint analysis and investigating the accounts that were reaching our site from Tor end points during this time. Sorry about the delay.

I'll am still waiting for this confirmation and for the deposit to be credited to me. I suppose that month was enough?

It was actually credited (if you are also Exther2 on bitcointalk).
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Edit: Sorry about the confusion, I just checked my balance and it's there.
Best of luck with the site.
SatoshiDice.com
Thanks for your response, the compensation is appreciated.

I just checked the account, it still seems to be stuck. Could you please look into this?

Regards

We have found the issue and corrected it. I tried your account and could withdraw and deposit properly.
SatoshiDice.com
We have just updated so that the userbalance API call retreives data in a quicker way. If there's any kind of temporary discrepancies displayed in your balance, please let us know. No balances were in any way affected by this change, it's only a smarter caching of balance affecting events.

Code:
"queryTimeInSeconds": 0.02

Update: we had to put the old code back for a little while.
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
Ok, I do see the secret hashes until the 31st now, so must definitely be my system screwing up. It includes the secret positions and the secret list is indeed 2 days late (guess you mixed the two up?).

Anyway, thanks for being on the ball on this one!
SatoshiDice.com
I wanted to verify some on blockchain bets I made (I know old school but fun sometimes  Wink) but it seems like you haven't updated the daily secret hashes; so not really provably fair anymore......

daily secret hash; last entry is 30th november 2014
https://www.satoshidice.com/files/daily-secret-hash.txt

secret keys revealed; last entry 11th november 2014
https://www.satoshidice.com/secretlist.php

links from https://satoshidice.com/provably-fair/

We're fixing this ASAP!
Still not fixed; I guess ASAP means something else for you guys then for me? The on chain game is probably not very important for you anymore so I can somewhat understand it but currently it is NOT PROVABLY FAIR and that is inexcusable imho. I expected better from such a reputable site.

I actually see them as updated. Maybe they were just being updated right before I checked. Anyway, it appears to be running correctly again now so bets can be verified. Thanks for pointing this out and you are right that we should have made a better job of making the hashes and secrets public in reasonable time.
OK, I apologise, seems like my firefox doesn't refresh right; had to open another window and refresh several times again to see the updated pages  Embarrassed.

One concern left though.... The updated pages I see only show hashes/secret till the 2nd of march. Do you see the same?? The hash obviously needs to be showing for today and the secret up untill yesterday.

I see secret hashes until 2015-03-31, secrets published until 2015-03-04 and secret positions until 2015-03-02. We are checking why secret positions appear to be 2 days late. (Update I realise maybe you read day/month instead of month/day?)
Jump to: