Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 210. (Read 495688 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Looks like I just didn't wait long enough... took 18 minutes to go through. Oops. (but I won, so w/e :p)

Sorry for the noob question but does anyone else have a problem with never getting anything back? (i.e., you don't even get the 0.00000001 back to indicate a loss)

I'm using the standard Bitcoin client so it's not an issue with my client not being able to receive coins on the same address they were sent from.

I made a 0.1 BTC bet, won
Made a 0.09 BTC bet, lost
Made a 0.1 BTC bet, nothing

Dice 50% (1dice97ECuByXAvqXpaYzSaQuPVvrtmz6)

Appreciate any help/info Smiley
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
I've got the dice virus, I went down 2 and won those and went another 1 up.
Kinda like this:

+1.5
+1.5

Over the course of 4 days.
Neat, at least you didn't lose more than a hundred btc.
Activity: 462
I've got the dice virus, I went down 2 and won those and went another 1 up.
Kinda like this:

+1.5
+1.5

Over the course of 4 days.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I'll throw everything I have left (5 coins) into that Smiley thanks for the tip!

It won't work if everyone buys SDICE shares instead of playing SDICE...  We need someone to keep losing to pay our dividends!
Activity: 252
Coinlancer.io ICO | Oct 14th
I'll throw everything I have left (5 coins) into that Smiley thanks for the tip!
m8 just give them to me
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
<--- lost 38 coins and counting!
legendary
The cool thing here is that hey! There exists a venture in Bitcoinland which can afford to lose a bet at such odds and it barely registers in the bottom line.

That's what I took away from it too...  SatoshiDice pays out 64000 times a player's stake without missing a beat.  The 'bottom line' is making good progress on recovering from the big payout, too (which is the sudden drop 2/3 of the way through Feb 24th):

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
The cool thing here is that hey! There exists a venture in Bitcoinland which can afford to lose a bet at such odds and it barely registers in the bottom line.

Boy we've grown.

It did temporary impact share prices through, but that's a good thing since I managed to pick some up at cheap prices :)
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Boy we've grown.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Blow it all gambling!

Gamble it all on blow! And hookers.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Holy cowwwww. I had noticed no one had hit the less than 1 yet and SDice was up about 25% on it already so she was due for a hit.
Yes, clearly that's the way universe.math.random(onlyInYourHead) works...

Are there funds available to exploit this for marketing Erik?  Virtually all marketing for high prize games/lottos are about what the winners do with... or even more directly - what would you do with...!

Blow it all gambling! I think that the winner may prefer not to have the winnings associated with a likeness of himself, lest he discover why Uncle Sam inc. really doesn't like online gambling.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
Hooooly shit. Congratulations to that person.
If I had bet .02 to win over a thousand BTC, I think I'd have a heart attack lol.
Activity: 115
[deleted]
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
There have only been 88,000 "lessthan 1" bets, so 1 is the most likely number of winners.

Yes - the median quantile is one winner in 88000 bets, and the 95% CI is 0 to 3 wins in 88000 bets.
legendary
WOW, is it really the first time < 1?

It's not the first time someone's rolled a zero, but it is the first time someone has rolled a zero when playing "lessthan 1".

In 6.5 million bets we'd expect to see something of the order of 100 zero rolls.

There have only been 88,000 "lessthan 1" bets, so 1 is the most likely number of winners.
Activity: 70
Thanks. I hope. This is the longest I have ever had a bet not show up on the lookup. Wondered if anybody else has had this problem
vip
👻
I made a bet 4 hours ago, but forgot to add the fee. It hasn't shown up on the Lookup and the transaction is still unconfirmed. Am I out that coin because I was an idiot?

It should get there eventually.
Activity: 70
I made a bet 4 hours ago, but forgot to add the fee. It hasn't shown up on the Lookup and the transaction is still unconfirmed. Am I out that coin because I was an idiot?
vip
👻
The good thing (for shareholders) is that a lot more will be betting at lessthan 1 now Smiley

Congrats again to whoever won lessthan 1!
Jump to: