Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 212. (Read 495688 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 11
One thing I have noticed. The small bets seem to take longer to process than the larger ones. Typically when I make a .01 bet on the .1953 odds it will take almost an hour to get the results. On bets of 1 coin against much better odds the results are usually returned quicker. A trend I have noticed across about 200 bets since last night.
Do you tip your transactions?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I believe bets of 1BTC and higher are processed differently. Search around, I know it's been mentioned before.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
One thing I have noticed. The small bets seem to take longer to process than the larger ones. Typically when I make a .01 bet on the .1953 odds it will take almost an hour to get the results. On bets of 1 coin against much better odds the results are usually returned quicker. A trend I have noticed across about 200 bets since last night.
It seems to all balance out really. I have gone from .2 coin up to 8 coin last night. Cashed out 4 of them and now im really fighting to get back up over 3 coin.  It is probably better if they do restrict you after winning so much. Harder to loose it all so quickly .  It can be pretty stressful to wait 30 minutes for the results of a 2 coin bet though.
That's my issue here. Instant transaction response is critical to how I play, the game isn't much fun if I have to wait that long.
It seems to all balance out really. I have gone from .2 coin up to 8 coin last night. Cashed out 4 of them and now im really fighting to get back up over 3 coin.  It is probably better if they do restrict you after winning so much. Harder to loose it all so quickly .  It can be pretty stressful to wait 30 minutes for the results of a 2 coin bet though.
Why is the text on http://satoshidice.com/ blinking? It makes it impossible to cut and paste the addresses without selecting more text then you want to. It does it on my iphone as well, which is a whole new level of pain in the butt. Is there some method of placing a bet without cut and pasting those addresses that I'm oblivious to or is the code on the page just retarded?

The blinking indicates that someone just placed a bet. Copying and pasting it from a mobile device is a pain in the butt through - I'd suggest Blockchain.info with their built in sDICE sending form.
I wouldn't recommend that. I tried it on my iPhone and it crashed Safari and Chrome pretty consistently, not to mention sent out a few double bets.

Seems to be a little laggy today. On average it is taking about a half hour to get the results of a bet.

Does seem laggy, I thought they just take your bets slower if you win too many in a row.
Seems to be a little laggy today. On average it is taking about a half hour to get the results of a bet.
Activity: 504
WTF???
Double click an address and right click for your copy or hit Ctrl+C. Old timer.

gotta be fast, the highlight only stays until the next blink Sad that's the problem.

Double click with the right hand Ctrl+C with the left. I did it 10 times in a row with different addresses and didn't miss one... I dunno. Or copy the whole damn page into a spreadsheet and grab the address you need.

You mean, like this?

Exactly.

Double click with the right hand Ctrl+C with the left. I did it 10 times in a row with different addresses and didn't miss one... I dunno. Or copy the whole damn page into a spreadsheet and grab the address you need.

Now you are getting into 1337 skill. You and I know how to do that, but as a S.DICE shareholder I would prefer a method that my grandma intuitively understands Wink Let's make giving us money as easy as possible eh.

Then we need an option where they are off by default, and a button to turn on the fireworks.
Activity: 634

gotta be fast, the highlight only stays until the next blink Sad that's the problem.

You mean, like this?

...Or, fix the website (is the point, I think).
WTF???

WTF???
Why is the text on http://satoshidice.com/ blinking? It makes it impossible to cut and paste the addresses without selecting more text then you want to. It does it on my iphone as well, which is a whole new level of pain in the butt. Is there some method of placing a bet without cut and pasting those addresses that I'm oblivious to or is the code on the page just retarded?

The blinking indicates that someone just placed a bet. Copying and pasting it from a mobile device is a pain in the butt through - I'd suggest Blockchain.info with their built in sDICE sending form.

Activity: 634
Why is the text on http://satoshidice.com/ blinking? It makes it impossible to cut and paste the addresses without selecting more text then you want to.

I also find that annoying as well. It blinks when ever that particular address receives a bet. This means that at least one bet is blinking.

To help with this, I setup a Google Doc spread sheet with all the bet address in all their non-blinking glory.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqLxDN0JzEUNdDhDREVOVVFPWVZhT1FmNHVqa1NtMkE

The bet addresses haven't changed since their inception, but I provide these addresses with no warranty. i.e. Make sure to double check addresses yourself before sending coins.
Activity: 98
Milkshake

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I haven't had anything go through today.....
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Anyone else have a number of bets not going through?

I still have bets from 3 days ago that haven't gone through.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I once had 13 wins in a row, it was insane. I think you are wrong. The reason you perceive it that way is that most people use martingale type strategies. So 10+ wins in a row usually means 10 BTC, or whatever your starting bet is, which is barely noticeable, while 10 losses in a row might be enough to go bankrupt.

That's a very good point.
Activity: 115
[deleted]
Anyone else have a number of bets not going through?
Jump to: