Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 206. (Read 495688 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Makes me wonder if the 'consultant' they brought in for the doublespend issue has something to do with this.

If they tell you whether you've won or lost before your bet has confirmed, you can attempt to double-spend your losing bets (send the same coins to yourself) and hope that a miner confirms your double-spend, not your losing bet.  There was/is even a bot double-spending people's losing bets for them automatically.

You only need that to work occasionally to overcome the 1.9% house edge.

That would be my guess as to why they're not accepting zero-conf bets any more.
This would be fine if they told everyone
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Makes me wonder if the 'consultant' they brought in for the doublespend issue has something to do with this.

If they tell you whether you've won or lost before your bet has confirmed, you can attempt to double-spend your losing bets (send the same coins to yourself) and hope that a miner confirms your double-spend, not your losing bet.  There was/is even a bot double-spending people's losing bets for them automatically.

You only need that to work occasionally to overcome the 1.9% house edge.

That would be my guess as to why they're not accepting zero-conf bets any more.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
All of these and no reply on behalf of Sdice....kinda makes you worry don't it?

Unfortunately everyone I talk to has said that the responses to bets have gotten almost ridiculous in length. So much for 0-confirm bet returns eh?
Sometimes it works. Sometimes there is a delay. I just bet the minimum to prolong my agony.
Still seems broken.
I sell BTC to a few folk who play SDICE and I play it occasionally myself. Today they have been saying that each bet doesn't get a response until it has been confirmed, regardless of bet size. Is something up over there?

I am also seeing this issue.

All of these and no reply on behalf of Sdice....kinda makes you worry don't it?
Unfortunately everyone I talk to has said that the responses to bets have gotten almost ridiculous in length. So much for 0-confirm bet returns eh?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Sometimes it works. Sometimes there is a delay. I just bet the minimum to prolong my agony.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Still seems broken.
I sell BTC to a few folk who play SDICE and I play it occasionally myself. Today they have been saying that each bet doesn't get a response until it has been confirmed, regardless of bet size. Is something up over there?

I am also seeing this issue.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Doing the database migration again.  Should only be a few hours this time.  Processing will be down until it is complete.

We are back up on the new server.  We should be good now.
Doing the database migration again.  Should only be a few hours this time.  Processing will be down until it is complete.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Stuck unconfirmed because it was confirmed in a now orphaned block.

7286090c53a7f9d3ad0c46f45daa0ff052ca84a0cf13a6f99520e39790172c88

That won't stop it being confirmed in another block without you having to do anything to fix it.

See http://blockchain.info/tx-index/59918323 for instance - it was 'confirmed' in 2 different blocks (during the recent blockchain fork, but that's just a more drawn out orphaning).
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
stuck unconfirmed over 24hr
491a24828545830693cb4ab38442a7b4980fa98479f0c8053967f9aa1313db69
Sorry everyone, the DB migration is taking much longer than expected.  The task I thought was going to take a few hours is still running after 9.

Processing is back up now.  It will probably take a little bit to catch up.

It seems it may still be catching up as I got my bets back from the down period but my new one has been waiting a while again
Sorry everyone, the DB migration is taking much longer than expected.  The task I thought was going to take a few hours is still running after 9.

Processing is back up now.  It will probably take a little bit to catch up.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
I'm in limbo too. Don't like it here..
Still down?
legendary
Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004
I have a couple bets who have not been processed is this the reason:\/\/\/\/

Processing is going to be down for maintenance for between 2 and 6 hours.  We are migrating some servers around.

Web site should be up mostly but will have a little downtime as well.

Jump to: