Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 217. (Read 495688 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I made a few bets many hours ago (Edit: in a single TX with 0.0005 btc miner's fee) & for some reason it doesn't seem to be getting any confirmations, can anyone tell me why it's taking so long to get picked up by the blockchain as this hasn't happened before with any of my TXs to anywhere, many thanks.

https://blockchain.info/tx/8660e94b332cc418ef8a0c74b37705dbe7f1b12be02396c878e31f68c74c9f6b

http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/ doesn't list it, so I guess the transaction hasn't been very widely broadcast.  It has a lot of small inputs, and lots of outputs.  I'd be surprised if 0.0005 BTC was a big enough fee.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I made a few bets many hours ago (Edit: in a single TX with 0.0005 btc miner's fee) & for some reason it doesn't seem to be getting any confirmations, can anyone tell me why it's taking so long to get picked up by the blockchain as this hasn't happened before with any of my TXs to anywhere, many thanks.

https://blockchain.info/tx/8660e94b332cc418ef8a0c74b37705dbe7f1b12be02396c878e31f68c74c9f6b
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
Actually, it might be happening again. I notice that each time it happens, I check their website to find that it's loading very slowly. This one has been about eight minutes so far, and their website is delayed on my part as well.

Well, they were under attack recently, according to this post:

Update: Yes it appears it's an amateur DDoS attack coming from some Tor nodes. We've tweaked some things, and the site is working much better now. Will keep monitoring. Regardless of site availability, bet options always work, since Bitcoin is so badass.

Maybe it's happening again.  Although from what I understood the attack was only against their website, not their bet processing server.

I read those a bit ago. I know the attacks shouldn't be affecting their processing, but it's the only thing I can think of right now. I always feel bad for websites that have to deal with that nonsense.  Undecided
legendary
Actually, it might be happening again. I notice that each time it happens, I check their website to find that it's loading very slowly. This one has been about eight minutes so far, and their website is delayed on my part as well.

Well, they were under attack recently, according to this post:

Update: Yes it appears it's an amateur DDoS attack coming from some Tor nodes. We've tweaked some things, and the site is working much better now. Will keep monitoring. Regardless of site availability, bet options always work, since Bitcoin is so badass.

Maybe it's happening again.  Although from what I understood the attack was only against their website, not their bet processing server.
I placed a 0.2 BTC bet about 30 minutes ago now and I haven't gotten a response yet. Are delays like this common? I checked the list of unconfirmed transactions on S-Dice and I don't see mine listed there. This is my first day using S-Dice, so I'm not fully familiar with how long these things take.

Quick edit: the bet has two confirmations now.

Final edit: It's gone through now, but a half hour is a bit long. Curious as to the cause.

I think if your transaction doesn't include a fee then they wait for it to get a confirmation before processing it, whether it "needs" a fee according to the network rules or not.

Occasionally bets take a long time to process even if they do have a fee included, but that's pretty rare.

I have a fee with all of them. I also had a second transaction take another 30+ minutes, but after that it's been smooth. Not sure what the deal has been.  Huh

legendary
I placed a 0.2 BTC bet about 30 minutes ago now and I haven't gotten a response yet. Are delays like this common? I checked the list of unconfirmed transactions on S-Dice and I don't see mine listed there. This is my first day using S-Dice, so I'm not fully familiar with how long these things take.

Final edit: It's gone through now, but a half hour is a bit long. Curious as to the cause.

I think if your transaction doesn't include a fee then they wait for it to get a confirmation before processing it, whether it "needs" a fee according to the network rules or not.

Occasionally bets take a long time to process even if they do have a fee included, but that's pretty rare.

legendary
Not anymore.

That's right.  I tested it for myself:

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If you placed all you bets in one transaction those transaction gets one lucky number hence it's possible to lose a high amount of bets in a row.
This happens if you bet with for example the S.Dice client Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Not anymore.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1431284

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Weird, I just lost 36 in a row playing the 50% address.
I call bull-puckey, address or it didn't happen. Here's the only people betting many on 50% in the last hour:

I was going to say the same thing.  Nobody loses 38 50% bets in a row; it's just too unlikely.  Apparently SD was refunding all bets for a while.  Could that be what you saw, not 36 losses, but 36 refunds?
If you placed all you bets in one transaction those transaction gets one lucky number hence it's possible to lose a high amount of bets in a row.
This happens if you bet with for example the S.Dice client Smiley
//DeaDTerra
legendary
I call bull-puckey, address or it didn't happen. Here's the only people betting many on 50% in the last hour:

I was going to say the same thing.  Nobody loses 38 50% bets in a row; it's just too unlikely.  Apparently SD was refunding all bets for a while.  Could that be what you saw, not 36 losses, but 36 refunds?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Finally got a win on the 39th try. Wow.
Activity: 812
Make that 38.

yeah that happens occasionally (every 274 billion times).
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Make that 38.
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 952
Can you make that awesome background/header image larger? At least 1920px width.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
I still can't connect to it
it was Running a half hour.... Now the Site is Down...

I saw a tweet yesterday that SealsWithClubs was under DDoS... perhaps some bastard is attacking SD as well.

Joke is on them, since people don't really need the site at all to play Smiley  Bets are processing fine. I just won a couple bucks from myself.
Jump to: