Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 247. (Read 495688 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Will be a SatoshiDice son powered by Litecoin?   Wink

No, I don't support the Litecoin project, personally. However, I've offered to sell a clone of SatoshiDice to a litecoin supporter who contacted me, but I think my asking price was too high Wink

How much? PM-me...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Is it known how much money is bet on satoshidice per day?

I pulled the following from the blockchain.

That's a total of 221k BTC bet on satoshidice so far, and currently around 10 or 15k BTC per week is being bet:

legendary
It turns out the bitcoinica coins have been played on satoshidice recently too:

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/5484758 shows the bitcoinica haul being split up into amounts of 2600.

The 3rd output, http://blockchain.info/tx-index/5489226, is the "expect mass leak soon" message, ascii encoded in a transaction's values.
The 2nd output, http://blockchain.info/tx-index/7915029, has lots of inputs from 1FLo9g9AZ7Up1tgLv4xyx8xvAKiGGhAi6p, which was used recently for a series of high-stake satoshidice bets:

http://www.satoshidice.com/lookup.php?tx=1FLo9g9AZ7Up1tgLv4xyx8xvAKiGGhAi6p

31 bets.
Total stake:  303 BTC
Total return: 299.51723327 BTC

A loss of 1.15%.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Does anyone know anything about these addresses?

1BTCDicebUVG6Bv4NrWymiENvUyk8NF52N
1BTCDicexyM43Sivo83gMsRqARK6LPm895
1BTCDiceMN9eP1CjKbFFfQcPVj7KeAV1kA

I see them in transactions which also have an output worth 0.0054321, which is a value SatoshiDice uses to set the payment address.  I also see a payment to one of these addresses from 1FLo9g9AZ7Up1tgLv4xyx8xvAKiGGhAi6p, which I think is one of the addresses associated with the most recent Bitcoinica theft.

Are these addresses from a SatoshiDice clone?  Or SatshiDice testing addresses?

http://blockchain.info/address/1BTCDiceMN9eP1CjKbFFfQcPVj7KeAV1kA :

They are not any of ours.  My guess is they are created by someone for interacting with satoshidice.  The "BTC" seems a little silly.  I mean, it is a bitcoin address, that it is for bitcoins seems a little redundant.
legendary
Does anyone know anything about these addresses?

1BTCDicebUVG6Bv4NrWymiENvUyk8NF52N
1BTCDicexyM43Sivo83gMsRqARK6LPm895
1BTCDiceMN9eP1CjKbFFfQcPVj7KeAV1kA

I see them in transactions which also have an output worth 0.0054321, which is a value SatoshiDice uses to set the payment address.  I also see a payment to one of these addresses from 1FLo9g9AZ7Up1tgLv4xyx8xvAKiGGhAi6p, which I think is one of the addresses associated with the most recent Bitcoinica theft.

Are these addresses from a SatoshiDice clone?  Or SatshiDice testing addresses?

http://blockchain.info/address/1BTCDiceMN9eP1CjKbFFfQcPVj7KeAV1kA :

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack

No, I don't support the Litecoin project, personally. However, I've offered to sell a clone of SatoshiDice to a litecoin supporter who contacted me, but I think my asking price was too high Wink
I made a new page to make some of the progressive stuff clearer and to provide some fancy QC codes for making bets from mobile devices easier:

http://satoshidice.com/progressive-detail.php?v=1

I might do something for the simple bets as well where a user provides a bet, how much they want to wager (or how much they want to potentially win) and it makes a page showing the address, qr code and exact odds and payouts.  Nothing magical there, just doing some math for people and making it more clear for confused players.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

It is all in the blockchain, but I only know of snapshots, not time series data.

Looking at snapshots from two different times this week, looks to be about 2K BTC per-day, recently.  (about $12K USD per day).  There were many days before the increase in the house edge where there was a much higher churn.
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1009467
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
Not trusting third parties with my private keys
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
That scrennshot tells me nothing.

Tx id's do tell the story, screenshots are nothing more than noise. Especially when you name your address "wall3t" instead of showing it.

The blockchain doesn't lie. Incredible, isn't it?

Also, do you even realise that there is no transaction with that value on the address that you say the 2cents are missing, so, it can't be the same address?

How about you go to your Bitcoin client options and mark the checkbox that says "Show addresses in tx list"?
Then you'll see that the address you so conveniently call "wall3t" is this one: 1Jc9rBK9UcBDFczSiR6sCn3KAZaKeNCvuY

Also: STOP LABELING ALL YOUR ADDRESSES WITH "wall3t"!
FFS... Roll Eyes

I didn't know you could do that, chill out.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/j754j9.jpg

I'm not some scammer trying to get two cents here, I'm just saying that personally, as a newer individual in this whole Bitcoin thing, I'm curious why only .52 was received if the Blockchain says it's .78. I could give a rats ass about actually receiving it, but in the interest of future investors (myself included) in your beloved currency I feel there's a need for an explanation as to why/how coins were skimped in this case.

That's all I'm asking, what happened to them?

1- I'm chilled out, what makes you think I'm not?
2- I never said you are a scammer or that you were trying to scam 2 bitcents (lol?)
3- My beloved currency is working just great. This is a clear cut case of a user not knowing how to read, sorry to break the bad news to you.
4- You are still confusing the 0.052 transaction with the 0.078, despite being told already they are not the same and now you can even see for yourself they aren't the same since you already have the address next to the label, which only further enhances my previous point.
5- Try typing, or even copy/pasting 1LtYUNi4sjNEtJtRdqgstbngKxhtAtX95R on that text field of your Bitcoin client that says "Enter address or label to search" and you'll see the transaction there, even without the need for scrolling.

Capslock doesn't exactly give that relaxing feeling, 'ya know?

If I was confusing the transactions the only reason for that is that .052 is the only one I actually see received.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/29x7scm.jpg

Seems like I just never received that then?

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Tx id's do tell the story, screenshots are nothing more than noise. Especially when you name your address "wall3t" instead of showing it.

Also, do you even realise that there is no transaction with that value on the address that you say the 2cents are missing, so, it can't be the same address?

How about you go to your Bitcoin client options and mark the checkbox that says "Show addresses in tx list"?
Then you'll see that the address you so conveniently call "wall3t" is this one: 1Jc9rBK9UcBDFczSiR6sCn3KAZaKeNCvuY

FFS... Roll Eyes

I'm not some scammer trying to get two cents here, I'm just saying that personally, as a newer individual in this whole Bitcoin thing, I'm curious why only .52 was received if the Blockchain says it's .78. I could give a rats ass about actually receiving it, but in the interest of future investors (myself included) in your beloved currency I feel there's a need for an explanation as to why/how coins were skimped in this case.

1- I'm chilled out, what makes you think I'm not?
2- I never said you are a scammer or that you were trying to scam 2 bitcents (lol?)
3- My beloved currency is working just great. This is a clear cut case of a user not knowing how to read, sorry to break the bad news to you.
4- You are still confusing the 0.052 transaction with the 0.078, despite being told already they are not the same and now you can even see for yourself they aren't the same since you already have the address next to the label, which only further enhances my previous point.
5- Try typing, or even copy/pasting 1LtYUNi4sjNEtJtRdqgstbngKxhtAtX95R on that text field of your Bitcoin client that says "Enter address or label to search" and you'll see the transaction there, even without the need for scrolling.
legendary

Here's what happened:

You made two bets of 0.04 BTC around the same time.  One way on "lessthan 32000" and the other was on "lessthan 48000".  They both won.  One won 0.05240186 BTC and the other won 0.07875280 BTC.

You're looking at the payment of the 0.05240186 BTC and asking why it isn't 0.07875280 BTC.

Here are details of the two bets you made:

To see them for yourself, click here and here.

You can see from the address that received the 0.05240186 that it is from the "lessthan 48000" bet.  If you scroll down a bit in the transactions list you should see the other payment.

I don't know if I can make it any clearer than this, but if you still don't understand, please let me know which bit you're not following, and I'll try to explain further.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

FFS... Roll Eyes

legendary
Was the previous 100 BTC bet you too, when the odds were fixed at 16:1?
legendary
No, sir, that was me funding the pot a bit which is why there is no listed transaction for it on the satoshidice web page.

Ahhh.  Very good...

It looks like it's still confusing.  Someone just bet 100 BTC when the pot was 42.1294.  If they win, they'll get 92.1294 BTC back (half of their bet goes into the pot they can win), for a loss of around 8 BTC.  And if they lose,
they won't get anything back.

It's a lose/lose proposition.

No, sir, that was me funding the pot a bit which is why there is no listed transaction for it on the satoshidice web page.

legendary
As for the progressives, I thought that it was too confusing to have the three.

It looks like it's still confusing.  Someone just bet 100 BTC when the pot was 42.1294.  If they win, they'll get 92.1294 BTC back (half of their bet goes into the pot they can win), for a loss of around 8 BTC.  And if they lose, they won't get anything back.

It's a lose/lose proposition.
Why was the "under 64000" bet retired?  It was one of the more profitable bets for the house.

And what happened to the progressive bets?  Two of the three have disappeared from the site overnight, including the one with the 98% RTP.

The under 64000 with a 3% house edge made no sense for a player to ever play.  That is why the numbers for it were strange so I've removed it for now.

As for the progressives, I thought that it was too confusing to have the three.  Now there is one tuned to go to reasonably high pot fairly often.
Jump to: