Author

Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game - page 245. (Read 495688 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
I just noticed you have a twitter account.

It says:

Satoshi Dice
@SatoshiDICE
The Original SatoshiDICE.com - Win up to 65,000x your Bitcoin bet instantly. Fair, open, verifiable rolls. Over 99% breakeven odds.

Which is inaccurate in a couple of ways.

Fixed, thanks! The info was out of date.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I just noticed you have a twitter account.

It says:

Satoshi Dice
@SatoshiDICE
The Original SatoshiDICE.com - Win up to 65,000x your Bitcoin bet instantly. Fair, open, verifiable rolls. Over 99% breakeven odds.

Which is inaccurate in a couple of ways.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
New bets at less that 52000, 56000, 60000.

The lookup.php page now has a JSON button to get JSON output of the current query.

I've also made the JSON output formatted to be human readable, added more data to it (including progressive rolls).

We also now have an API to get information on a recent transaction, documented at the end of  http://satoshidice.com/advanced.php

To make it easier to create applications that integrate with Satoshidice there is a long-poll API for getting information about a past or about to occur transaction. This way an application that just sent a bet can make this HTTP call to get information about it. The query will not return until the transaction is found or the timeout (currently 60 seconds) is up. The following forms show how to use the API.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
New bets at less that 52000, 56000, 60000.

The lookup.php page now has a JSON button to get JSON output of the current query.
legendary
That sounds like two unlucky losses and you're gone Lips sealed

You can't bet 250 on the very high stakes games, but about 5-6 of them allow bets that high. The max bets are based on a dynamic calculation which ensures SatoshiDice is not exposed to excessive risk (though risk can't be removed entirely, of course... this is gambling, after all!)
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Update: Max bet raised substantially. Enjoy up to 250btc bets. Make it rain!

whoa, swinging for the fences.
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
That sounds like two unlucky losses and you're gone Lips sealed
legendary
Update: Max bet raised substantially. Enjoy up to 250btc bets. Make it rain!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Glad I could help Cheesy Cheesy
(just kidding)
legendary
Quote from: mtgox support
1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a is not an Mt.Gox address. What happened was that when you transferred funds from your account to SatoshiDice, there was probably one of our users who made a deposit to his Mt.Gox account from 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a and therefore, the funds were pulled from there to make your withdrawal to SatoshiDice. As a result, SatoshiDice saw that it was sent from that address and returned the Bitcoins to that address. We do not see 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a linked to any Mt.Gox account and therefore, we do not know whose account it belongs to.

I hate it when support people are out of their depth and decide to just make stuff up rather than referring the issue to someone with the technical knowledge necessary to deal with it.

This person clearly doesn't know what they're talking about, but is pretending they do.
legendary
OK The matter of the 17btc has been resolved with one simple chat on IRC with Magicaltux, I must say he really is very efficient and easy to deal with, I only wish there were like 100 of him dealing with customer support requests.

So my high reccomendations go out to MTGOX for dealing with the matter.

He said the problem was that support can only see and manage the deposit address associated with GOX accounts not the other receiving address and thats why they could not help.

Very good to hear they resolved that for you! MagicalTux is the shit.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
OK The matter of the 17btc has been resolved with one simple chat on IRC with Magicaltux, I must say he really is very efficient and easy to deal with, I only wish there were like 100 of him dealing with customer support requests.

He said the problem was that support can only see and manage the deposit address associated with GOX accounts not the other receiving address and thats why they could not help.

Yup... that is what I thought:
Probably a tier 1 support tech that doesn't have the tools to see it, but still.

I am glad they handled it so well for you.  Web 2.0 baby!  If that was VISA then your money would have never been returned and you just would have written it off because that would have been less frustrating than dealing with their support.

+1 for GOX on this one I have to say.  (Also not too bad to almost double your money huh;)

Yup +1 for GOX for sure.

And yeah doubling your money by accident [PRICELESS]
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

Yup... that is what I thought:
Probably a tier 1 support tech that doesn't have the tools to see it, but still.

I am glad they handled it so well for you.  Web 2.0 baby!  If that was VISA then your money would have never been returned and you just would have written it off because that would have been less frustrating than dealing with their support.

+1 for GOX on this one I have to say.  (Also not too bad to almost double your money huh;)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
So seriously if MtGox don't return the 17 BTC, they should get a scammer tag like Bulanula has coz they've done the same thing as him - accepted coins by accident but not returned them.
Oh the laughter....
Mt.Gox.. Return that 17btc...
It would be worth the PR cost to return them..... as dooglus pointed out they did indeed get them back. 

Thats what I think too, here are the details the original satoshi dice transaction

http://www.satoshidice.com/full.php?tx=89c1f57cc943170a4d56fd10f75636f7c7a0ca3d1be66550962475046391457b
The address in question is 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a the coins were sent from mtgox when I did my withdrawal request.

It looks like the coins came from one of mtgox's change addresses http://blockchain.info/address/1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a and then have indeed spent the winnings since receiving them, but since it's unlikely to be anyone's deposit address they haven't really spent the coins.  They'll have 17 BTC more than they should have which they could credit to your account if they wanted to.

Here is a support response message MTGOX sent to me . -

"Hello,

As we explained earlier, Satoshi Dice does not work with our system due to this reason. We generate bitcoin addresses only for receiving deposits, but not for withdrawals. 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a is not an Mt.Gox address. What happened was that when you transferred funds from your account to SatoshiDice, there was probably one of our users who made a deposit to his Mt.Gox account from 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a and therefore, the funds were pulled from there to make your withdrawal to SatoshiDice. As a result, SatoshiDice saw that it was sent from that address and returned the Bitcoins to that address. We do not see 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a linked to any Mt.Gox account and therefore, we do not know whose account it belongs to.

Please have a look at the bitcoin address on your Mt.Gox account and ask SatoshiDice to send the bitcoins back to your Mt.Gox bitcoin address.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team"

The evidence on this seems to prove otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 952
So seriously if MtGox don't return the 17 BTC, they should get a scammer tag like Bullanula has coz they've done the same thing as him - accepted coins by accident but not returned them.

Makes sense. And the lulz potential... oh, the lulz... Roll Eyes

We're going to have some great lulz with this.  Grin
legendary
Thats what I think too, here are the details the original satoshi dice transaction

http://www.satoshidice.com/full.php?tx=89c1f57cc943170a4d56fd10f75636f7c7a0ca3d1be66550962475046391457b
The address in question is 1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a the coins were sent from mtgox when I did my withdrawal request.

It looks like the coins came from one of mtgox's change addresses http://blockchain.info/address/1CFVvAgicGheKxa3PedMgmw78LT5YXrk7a and then have indeed spent the winnings since receiving them, but since it's unlikely to be anyone's deposit address they haven't really spent the coins.  They'll have 17 BTC more than they should have which they could credit to your account if they wanted to.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
So seriously if MtGox don't return the 17 BTC, they should get a scammer tag like Bullanula has coz they've done the same thing as him - accepted coins by accident but not returned them.

Makes sense. And the lulz potential... oh, the lulz... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
So seriously if MtGox don't return the 17 BTC, they should get a scammer tag like Bulanula has coz they've done the same thing as him - accepted coins by accident but not returned them.
Jump to: