Pages:
Author

Topic: Saving bitcoins - page 22. (Read 32703 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 16, 2017, 06:35:17 PM
If I decided to save bitcoins in bank, how will deposit rate be changed compared to dollar or other currencies? Will it have much lower percent?

No one from here can give you answer on this question. Banks have their own way of working, for example I can choose to save in my currency or to save in dollars/franks or any other more `stable` currency, rates are not so high but if currency gain in value over the time you have extra profit on that. Bitcoin saving can something similar, but question yourself if they give big interest on saving how do they make all the money to give back to people? Better to have lower and safe percent then to risk too much, over the time bitcoin will gain value, so just saving can bring profit.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
March 16, 2017, 06:05:58 PM
Bitcoin is hardly to be saved in a bank accept it is exchanged in a local currency of the land. This means that you must exchange bitcoin to the value of the local currency before you can make a deposit in the bank. i think bitcoin is mainly installed in the bitcoin wallet.

Yes it's up to you as you can save bitcoin  into bitcoin wallets like blockchain or coinbase i would suggest coinbase which is much simple and easy to use then once you have enough bitcoin then exchange it for your local currency from a trader at localbitcoin.com.

Hey great, even I am using coinbase wallet. Its seems to be good and as a security reason its not accepting VPN. Even I just created a account in Localbitcoins.com and I noticed when we transferred to this trading site wallet then its get logging in when we save the user and passkey. Please check and use both according to your convenience.

Yes even i am using this coinbase wallet i used to have blockchain earlier which was equally good but when it comes to convenience and user friendliness then coinbase is the best wallet and it does not accept VPN which proves that while begin user friendly and simple it's secure as well and for desktop Electrum is best.

Yeah even I am using electrum wallet since long time and it has great security features which keeps your bitcoins intact and would be impossible for an hacker to stole your bitcoins and whenever I want to sell my bitcoins I transfer that amount to my localbitcoins wallet where I can sell them online and transfer the fiat currency directly to my bank account in the fastest way possible.

Yes electrum wallet is the best option and it has the best security features, regarding to the saving of bitcoin i think it is best idea to save btc, if we just look at the way it has progressed from some day so we must for some more days so that price goes much higher so that we can utilize it later,
saving is a good option but along with that we have to make sure we invest at the right things to get the best benefit of our btc.

If you don't find any legit place to invest your bitcoins then best choice would be to save them in wallet and wait for the price to go higher as keeping money in bitcoins is saving and also a investment at a same time and saving money in bitcoins will grow your money even if you don't do anything with it and it will give best outcome in compare to saving money in banks.

Whatever is said, the best thing to do as of now at least is to keep calm and save btc. Not only comparing to the bank, including all the part of investment the best investment path is in btc. just look at the profit which we get from it. whether you gamble or whatever you do make sure to keep the btc saved for the future.

Gambling will waste your money so it will be ideal not to visit those places where we have fear of loosing money and the best thing to do with bitcoins at a moment is simply keep them safe in wallet and watch the market and when it goes higher would be the best time to sell them.
although some people have good opportunity of making money from gambling and they even depending on bitcoin for live, but still majority of peole  are not making money from gamblng.

There are very few people who are depending on gambling for living and may be they are rich people who can afford to go through even huge loss even if they loose sometimes as with high bankroll you can make good profits if you win so they would be hoping to recover their losses in next game.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
March 16, 2017, 05:42:20 PM
Bitcoin is hardly to be saved in a bank accept it is exchanged in a local currency of the land. This means that you must exchange bitcoin to the value of the local currency before you can make a deposit in the bank. i think bitcoin is mainly installed in the bitcoin wallet.

Yes it's up to you as you can save bitcoin  into bitcoin wallets like blockchain or coinbase i would suggest coinbase which is much simple and easy to use then once you have enough bitcoin then exchange it for your local currency from a trader at localbitcoin.com.

Hey great, even I am using coinbase wallet. Its seems to be good and as a security reason its not accepting VPN. Even I just created a account in Localbitcoins.com and I noticed when we transferred to this trading site wallet then its get logging in when we save the user and passkey. Please check and use both according to your convenience.

Yes even i am using this coinbase wallet i used to have blockchain earlier which was equally good but when it comes to convenience and user friendliness then coinbase is the best wallet and it does not accept VPN which proves that while begin user friendly and simple it's secure as well and for desktop Electrum is best.

Yeah even I am using electrum wallet since long time and it has great security features which keeps your bitcoins intact and would be impossible for an hacker to stole your bitcoins and whenever I want to sell my bitcoins I transfer that amount to my localbitcoins wallet where I can sell them online and transfer the fiat currency directly to my bank account in the fastest way possible.

Yes electrum wallet is the best option and it has the best security features, regarding to the saving of bitcoin i think it is best idea to save btc, if we just look at the way it has progressed from some day so we must for some more days so that price goes much higher so that we can utilize it later,
saving is a good option but along with that we have to make sure we invest at the right things to get the best benefit of our btc.

If you don't find any legit place to invest your bitcoins then best choice would be to save them in wallet and wait for the price to go higher as keeping money in bitcoins is saving and also a investment at a same time and saving money in bitcoins will grow your money even if you don't do anything with it and it will give best outcome in compare to saving money in banks.

Whatever is said, the best thing to do as of now at least is to keep calm and save btc. Not only comparing to the bank, including all the part of investment the best investment path is in btc. just look at the profit which we get from it. whether you gamble or whatever you do make sure to keep the btc saved for the future.

Gambling will waste your money so it will be ideal not to visit those places where we have fear of loosing money and the best thing to do with bitcoins at a moment is simply keep them safe in wallet and watch the market and when it goes higher would be the best time to sell them.
although some people have good opportunity of making money from gambling and they even depending on bitcoin for live, but still majority of peole  are not making money from gamblng.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
March 16, 2017, 05:41:53 PM

Saving bitcoin in bank is not at all possible. Because of few things, it is decentralized, it is not fiat currency, we get less transaction charges comparatively very less price than the bank. it is good to save btc and use it when we see the best value for our price.

We don't need banks to save our bitcoins we can easily save them in bitcoin wallet which nevertheless then banks and you will be having access to your funds 24/7 with total control and you can take decision of selling them according to your choice when you see price going higher so its good to save bitcoins for future as everyone is predicting to see higher price in future.
Activity: 476
Power to the people!
March 16, 2017, 04:58:24 PM

Activity: 518
March 16, 2017, 04:39:03 PM

Activity: 364
March 16, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

Activity: 504
March 16, 2017, 04:04:31 PM

Yes it's up to you as you can save bitcoin  into bitcoin wallets like blockchain or coinbase i would suggest coinbase which is much simple and easy to use then once you have enough bitcoin then exchange it for your local currency from a trader at localbitcoin.com.

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
March 16, 2017, 03:32:09 PM

Yes it's up to you as you can save bitcoin  into bitcoin wallets like blockchain or coinbase i would suggest coinbase which is much simple and easy to use then once you have enough bitcoin then exchange it for your local currency from a trader at localbitcoin.com.

Activity: 406
March 16, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

Activity: 924
Merit: 512
March 16, 2017, 01:38:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
March 16, 2017, 01:12:13 PM
I guess you should just read what third party actually means

As per dictionary, it is "someone who may be indirectly involved but is not a principal party to an arrangement, contract, deal, lawsuit, or transaction". Note the emphasized distinction between a third party and a principal party which is made in this definition. That's basically what I'm trying to point out. If you put your money in a web wallet or in a bank account (bitcoins or whatever), they (a bank or a wallet) cannot be a third party. Regarding Legendary status or seniority or anything to that tune, if someone talks bullshit it will remain bullshit no matter what his rank or IQ might be. That's another distinction worth mentioning

Absolutely agree, If we are putting our money in banks or any wallet service provider then they are not the third party at all but I am just dragging attention to the part 2.

If I am authorising banks to lend my money (deposited bank/wallet) to someone then I am contracting with the bank's borrower and in that case, the bank will be the third party

You seem to be mistaken on that part too

You are contracting with the party with whom you sign an agreement, there cannot be two opinions about that either. In that very case, the borrowers from the bank will be a third party (and thus they will be the source of third party risks, not the bank itself) simply because you sign a contract with the bank (or agree to the Terms of Service as is the case with web wallets), not with the borrowers. You may not believe me, but you will have to accept what FDIC (the US deposit insurance agency) itself says on this account (since they specifically addressed this issue):

You can read more here
Activity: 308
March 16, 2017, 01:10:23 PM
if the point is about saving bitcoins in some safed place - why not to chose one of bitcoin wallets? There are different kinds today. And it's right that novadays to hold bitcoins in a bank you need to cash it out in fiat of your country first, becouse there are no banks that would work with bitcoin directly today.

Bitcoin wallet are there to store bitcoin as banks don;'t deal with bitcoin directly yes i agree with you i am still wondering by this question which has been posted because all the bitcoin users know that they need a wallet to store bitcoin and that's the only way to store bitcoin there are different type of wallets like paper wallet, desktop wallet like electrum.
Activity: 616
March 16, 2017, 12:51:47 PM

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 16, 2017, 12:48:44 PM
Government = Me = Banks
Me = Banks = Bank's Borrowers

* It is a chain system whereas when I deposit money with web wallet service provider, it will be

Me (Depositor) = Web Wallet Service Provider (Holder) = Me (Controller)

* Whereas in Bank's Case,

Me (Depositor) = Banks (Holder & Controller) = Bank's Borrowers (Holder)

In first the case wallet service provider won't have any additional rights to control the funds (lend it to others) whereas, in bank's case, we are authorising banks to bring additional contractees in the contract

I'm really fascinated how people are sometimes desperately trying to defend a losing point instead of just accepting being wrong

You are not authorizing (or disauthorizing, for that matter) banks to lend your money to anyone. There are no such provisions in deposit contracts. Banks are free to do with your money anything they may want to do as long as they fulfill their obligations to return you your deposit at the end of the deposit term and pay interest monthly. It is the same with web wallets essentially, they promise you to return the money on your first call, but apart from that, they can do anything they may ever please to do with your coins. In neither of these cases, banks and web wallets are third parties. If you wish to continue claiming to the contrary, you may go on as long as feel inclined to, I don't mind

You are a Legendary member and thus you have way more experience and knowledge than me. I have no hesitation in accepting your seniority. However, I am not convinced for what you are trying to convey. This is a vast topic and I think we need expert's opinion and references to discuss and analyse this topic

I guess you should just read what third party actually means

As per dictionary, it is "someone who may be indirectly involved but is not a principal party to an arrangement, contract, deal, lawsuit, or transaction". Note the emphasized distinction between a third party and a principal party which is made in this definition. That's basically what I'm trying to point out. If you put your money in a web wallet or in a bank account (bitcoins or whatever), they (a bank or a wallet) cannot be a third party. Regarding Legendary status or seniority or anything to that tune, if someone talks bullshit it will remain bullshit no matter what his rank or IQ might be. That's another distinction worth mentioning

Absolutely agree, If we are putting our money in banks or any wallet service provider then they are not the third party at all but I am just dragging attention to the part 2.

If I am authorising banks to lend my money (deposited bank/wallet) to someone then I am contracting with the bank's borrower and in that case, the bank will be the third party.

If I am giving my money to Obama and then Obama is giving to the Trump then I am indirectly dealing with the Trump. Theoretically, you might not see Obama as the third party but on the impact (practical) level, he will be the third party for me as my money will be in the hands of Trump.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
March 16, 2017, 10:56:08 AM
I don't think that banks will ever start accepting bitcoins in future as its an threat to them and its an tough competition to the banking system and they might start adopting blockchain technology in future but they will never support bitcoins for sure and when it comes to saving bitcoins then its better to save them in bitcoin wallet instead of saving in banks as you will get better results by selling them when price goes higher in future.

It is true that banks are not yet accepting bitcoin as an investment to them, but there is a bank here in our country(Philippines) which is the Central bank of the Philippines which is accepting bitcoin as a payment on every transactions that are going to be make to them by their clients or customer. Click the link to read the article.
https://bravenewcoin.com/news/the-philippines-central-bank-approves-new-bitcoin-exchange-regulation.

And I know soon, banks will accept bitcoin as an investment.

It's very interesting news.
I know that in my country, Croatia, banks didn't accept bitcoin yet.
So, we can't use bitcoin as investment or for payment.
Some merchants, a few of them, accepts bitcoin for payments but they have to exchange such funds to Croatian currency righrt away.
They can't report income in bitcoins.
So, no way that we can officially use bitcoin for payments, investments or as financial assets.
We still have to keep our bitcoin funds in the wallets.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
March 16, 2017, 10:49:07 AM
I don't think that banks will ever start accepting bitcoins in future as its an threat to them and its an tough competition to the banking system and they might start adopting blockchain technology in future but they will never support bitcoins for sure and when it comes to saving bitcoins then its better to save them in bitcoin wallet instead of saving in banks as you will get better results by selling them when price goes higher in future.

It is true that banks are not yet accepting bitcoin as an investment to them, but there is a bank here in our country(Philippines) which is the Central bank of the Philippines which is accepting bitcoin as a payment on every transactions that are going to be make to them by their clients or customer. Click the link to read the article.
https://bravenewcoin.com/news/the-philippines-central-bank-approves-new-bitcoin-exchange-regulation.

And I know soon, banks will accept bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 854
March 16, 2017, 10:19:51 AM
if the point is about saving bitcoins in some safed place - why not to chose one of bitcoin wallets? There are different kinds today. And it's right that novadays to hold bitcoins in a bank you need to cash it out in fiat of your country first, becouse there are no banks that would work with bitcoin directly today.
that is correct. There are various types of wallet and you can easily pick one for yourself. I suggest you should use the Electrum if you like pc wallet and mycelium for the smartphone. They are both great with a good security. Moreover, they allow you to keep the private key. You can also create a backup file to store your wallet in a safer place
Activity: 588
March 16, 2017, 09:33:34 AM
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 16, 2017, 09:27:24 AM
If I decided to save bitcoins in bank, how will deposit rate be changed compared to dollar or other currencies? Will it have much lower percent?

Its sad to say but there are no bitcoin banks existing online. If you want to earn then just hold your bitcoins in your wallet and wait for an inflation. That way you will get more profit out of your investment. The only way to  save in banks is to convert your bitcoin into fiat currency and then deposit it on banks. But holding bitcoin is much profitable than savings on bank.

Correct. So, if you want to invest your bitcoin OP, the only option that you have is to invest it on the gambling sites or to those HYIPs out there, but it is not really that recommended because most of them always turned out to be a scam in the end, so, if I were you, I will look for another way to multiply your bitcoins while you are saving it, because just Holding your current amount of bitcoin right now will be boring if you are not going to do anything, but to wait for the right time to convert your coin.

Like for example, why don't you try to do Signature Campaign or other ways to earn bitcoin in a legit way every week or in every month, never try gambling though, because I am telling you that it is not a really good idea.
Gambling and HYIPs are just like one because they just get money from you and most of them doesn't give you chance to earn big amounts of money because those kinds of earnings can't be predicted by your or someone. Doing investing and saving bitcoin at the same time is always the best because that is what millionaires doing and if you want to be rich then you should do what riches do.
Pages:
Jump to: